Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Ohhhhh how sweet Shay! I'm glad to hear that. What a nice gift on my 100 day free anniversary! I wish I could hug you too. I appreciate your support as well.  :smitten:

Sorry for your dizziness Shay - I just read a post the other day that someone with dizziness on this site got relief with ginger.  I too drink water steeped with ginger and I swear it helps my symptoms.  Let me see if I can find the post and include it on this thread.

It will get better, Jerry. We must go through these symptoms to get better. I'm proud of you. Keep going!

Deanna and Shay you're very sweet. Thx so much! How are you doing?

Are u still playing sax and swimming jerry? U are doing so well and are only taking a small amount. You will be ok!

Night 1 for me, zero zopiclone. 3 hrs sleep. I am so suprised I just decided yesterday to give it a go. I don’t feel great today but I expected that x

That is awesome Shay!!!! Way to go!! It is a little scary but doesn't it feel great to know there is less poison in your body today?  And you are well on your way to freedom.  You are strong and can do this!  Once I was off after a few days I threw out my leftover pills so I wouldn't be tempted to pop one in the middle of the night.

I think we are so vulnerable when lying awake in bed at night.  It feels so lonely but there are a lot of others doing this too.

I wish you better sleep ahead.

SHAY!!!!!!! HURRAY for you! I'm so proud of you! Glad you got some sleep. Deanna I totally agree. These pills were designed to knock us out. It takes time for our brains to relearn it. How are you doing, Deanna?

Shay, I want to hug you so bad coz I'm so happy you jumped! Throw your extra pills away so you won't be tempted to rescue. Deanna is right about that.

Thanku Deanna! I am scared but I’m trying to just tell myself it’s there if I need it, but really 1/8 of a pill is a crumb and was probably more psychological, well maybe. We will see. I am just going to be so kind to myself over these next days and pray a lot! It has been a very difficult road that I’m still on but yes I will be so glad to flush those pills Deanna!!

Virtual hugs to you all! I’m literally crying with joy right now. I don’t know if this is the end but I will try so hard to be strong and keep going. I fought myself all day yesterday over it, will I won’t I. Then I just thought, yep. Let’s just see what happens. I didn’t tell anyone, not even my husband. I didn’t want to say it out loud. No I’m saying to myself it’s there if I need it. Because I don’t want to put any pressure on myself. But I know I won’t take it x  :smitten:

Hee Shayna, yes today I went swimming and after that I had a saxophone lesson. (once a week, each tuesday) In the evening I went to the beach with my father, we had a coffee there.

Jerry my oldest son is a professional sax player. We're from Louisiana. He has a band. He's played with Gerald Albright, Kirk Walum, many others. I'm glad you're doing ok. Where are you located?

I love remembering there are others who are awake more than they want to be and we are awake TOGETHER in the middle of the night.

Thanks for all the positivity everyone. You make the site great. So glad I joined.

K :)

That’s what I love about America, such culture there. From the south the food and music are so amazing. No wonder they are so talented they grew up immersed in it. So cool x

Amazing. I love Australia but different here. It’s a beach culture here. Surfing, eating fish and chips, drinking beer. I’d love to travel to us one day and see it for myself!