Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Well Deanna I have tried exhausting myself and I can honestly say it doesn’t work for me. The last 2 days I haven’t been doing much excercise just resting and I’ve had better nights, but some people swear by it. I’ve been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue so I think I have to be careful how much I do coz it does the opposite for me. It’s hard for me because I was a half marathon runner and a gym bunny before I got sick, so I hate not being physical. But I know I can’t over do it atm x u have to listen to ur body. Maybe try it one day and see if it helps x

Deanna asked that same question on another thread about exercise. I was given some great answers & advice. Perhaps check it out.  :thumbsup: my sleep is doing ok. Some nights take longer to drift off. I also just stay in bed because I do know that if you get bored, that helps to drift off. I do CBT-I to go to sleep. Lately the past few nights, I've been having waves at bedtime. This is what's making it more difficult to fall asleep. But I don't give up & eventually drift off. I LOVE it when it rains at night. I sleep the deepest & longest on those nights. Another secret weapon of mine is a weighted blanket and sleep naked as possible. I'm not trying to be x-rated. But I read a scientific proven study on it. The reason you go to sleep faster if because it helps drop your body temperature. I thought to myself...heck yeah! We are all born naked!  :laugh:

I sleep with a weighted blanket too they’re so cosy. I listen to rain sounds on my phone at night too. I love the rain x

Wow I'm gonna def try sleeping naked tonight.  Never heard about that.  I'll let you know!

And I ususally do the relax into sleep meditation from Meditation Rx app.  I will try the rain thing too :-)

Wonderful, Deanna. You just have to try different combos to see what works for you, sweetie. I use soothing relaxation channel on YouTube. They have a great variety. When I started sleeping with less clothes, it was a huge difference. The experts explained that clothing holds your body heat closer to your body making you too warm. That constant warming fights against your natural lowering of body temp to make you sleep. The blankets on your bed should be all the warmth you need. I was hesitant to try it because since tapering & withdrawals, I'm constantly cold. But to my surprise, I was very warm & cozy but not too much. I fell asleep quickly. I didn't wake up drenched in sweat

I have read where people get jolts as they fall asleep, I’ve had those a few times. Really tired today. But I’ll be ok. X hope ur day has been good lady x

Yes indeed I get them as I'm falling asleep. But not every night. Just often. I'm sorry you're tired today. Your body is talking to you so make sure you rest. My day has been ok. Started off with a big wave but less intense than the last one. Hoping for a window soon so I can get on my feet for a bit.

I hope you feel better dear

Me too Shay. So far, not looking good. I'm very boaty with some nausea right now. But it's my time to ready for bed now. That's when I start a wave. I feel it. So off to sleep I'm going HUgs

Hello fighters,

yesterday evening I have started with tapering... very small peace of my half tablet, but it is a start...A test to see how easy/difficult it is to taper...

Awesome Lightspacer. Wishing you a smooth taper. Keep us posted.

Hugs Shay, how are you doing? I know you're struggling with sleep. Did you eventually get a nap

I pray your dizziness doesn't last. If it does, it won't be long in your case. And so you won't be surprised, it may leave then return later. Be careful not to underestimate it. Many times I didn't realized HOW dizzy I was until I stepped away from the bed.

Ok. Don't panic. That's normal. It's your body's reaction to your last reduction. This is why I suggested to you to have a coping plan coz you're going to get symptoms popping in and out. Some may be scary. This happens. Just stay calm and keep laying down resting.

I will. I feel ok today. Even tho I’m dizzy I made my mind up not to cry, except I did cry when I got one of ur pms this morning x because what u said was so nice I just wished u were here so I could give u a hug