Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Thank you.  Was your crossover similar to mine and did you have any problems?

Yes, it was similar. I only wish I'd have done it this gradually like you. Removing Clonazepam's Claws with Diazepam is best done slow and gentle, like removing a tick. This way Diazepam has a chance to accumulate and cover Clonazepam's withdrawal symptoms better. My main thing was remember to allow for some symptoms during each step and have patience because they diminished within couple of weeks.

Stay still I don't know how to use the cross over Ashton charts, please help!!!!!!

Stay still I don't know how to use the cross over Ashton charts, please help!!!!!!

Hi Charlene,

Ashton's schedule 5 for Klonopin 1.5 mg cross to 30 mg Valium basically shows each week replacing 0.25mg K with 5mg Valium, starting with evening dose. If one was to cross this way from 2mg K, it would take 8 weeks ( 2mg K / 0.25 = 8 ) or adding 2 more stages to the first 6 shown in sch5.

I did not find V causing any belching or more constipation than usual. Also, I think ability to get food down gets easier when I just focus on chewing it well. The mouth automatically handled the swallowing as I just added and chewed more.

People,

did your anxiety drop when crossed over to V?

I am tapering Lorazepam and feel I hit a wall, I don't improve and constant have a mix of extreme stress and anxiety.

Hopeless this is....

My anxiety did get better after crossing over. I had been on clonazepam and had a lot of interdose withdrawal. So, in general, yes it got better.

Now that I'm tapering it, its bumpy again. But overall, Valium has controlled it better.

Tree

When are you planning your crossover Skinn?

I hope within a week. I m still waiting on approval from my doc.

But if he refuse, I know one who will, I only have to wait till feb. in that case.

Hello,

My original story is found here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=264472.0

My MD prescribed me a way to high of a dose of Xanax, the slow taper is pure agony with interdose withdrawal. So I'm considering the Asthon Method to Valium. My question now is... since my body is already in tolerance to 5.5mg of Xanax IR per day, will the taper to Valium still make me drowsy and tired? At the end of the first fase I'll still be on about 20 + 20mg of Diazepam per day. Will I'll still have the side effects of drowsiness?

Thanks.

Anyone who has done a V cut and hold: when did symptoms start, peak and begin to resolve?

I have been tapering clonaz up to this point (then crossed over) and don’t know what kind of timeline to expect from V.

Im at day 8 of drop from 2.75 to 2.5 and balance, DP/DR, tingling, heavy legs, etc are getting the best of me in the afternoon/ evenings.

Any anecdotal stories? Anything?

Down to 2.5 mg of valium a day, haven't had any withdrawal symptoms in months and it's going fantastic, only thing that I had the last couple of months was severe memory loss and problems with being able to concentrate. Cutting 0.5 mg every 2 weeks since I got to 4 mg.

Down to 2.5 mg of valium a day, haven't had any withdrawal symptoms in months and it's going fantastic, only thing that I had the last couple of months was severe memory loss and problems with being able to concentrate. Cutting 0.5 mg every 2 weeks since I got to 4 mg.

Wow Nikitis, this is such great news, I'm thrilled for you!  :thumbsup:

wow Nikitis I wish I cud this without symptoms. I just started doing .25 per week since 2.75 but I can feel periodic anxiety and that medicated wd feeling. I’ve been at 2.25 since Sunday I may have to slow it down

Your cuts sound amazingly good

Joeb

wow Nikitis I wish I cud this without symptoms. I just started doing .25 per week since 2.75 but I can feel periodic anxiety and that medicated wd feeling. I’ve been at 2.25 since Sunday I may have to slow it down

Your cuts sound amazingly good

Joeb

Thanks everyone! @Joeb Cutting down my risperidone (antipsychotic) from 3 to 1 mg drastically decreased the valium withdrawal. If you're on an antipsychotic it could be causing the valium withdrawal to increase a lot. I think that was the case for me.

[f2...]
Hi Friends - back to this group again. You can check my history to see my story (I’m sad :'() anyways I’m trying to stabilize at 15mgs of V or maybe 20 if the 15 won’t cut it. I will start tapering when I’m stable. I did have a great first taper so if people have questions lemme know. I always used liquid Valium 1mg/1ml but am back on tablets for the time being. Hi to all

[f2...]
Yes - slowly it is. My doctor told me it will take 5 half lives to build. I am sad to be on a higher dose but I wasn’t ok. I know my body responds well to Valium to this is the path I must walk. I need to now start tapering again in about 4 weeks.

When I meet with my doctor next month , after a month on 0.25 mg of klonopin (started at 1mg) , I am going to ask to make the switch to Valium for rest of transition. What would be the dose I start at for Valium and should I cold Turkey too klonopin or do I need a few days or week to take both? Need advice

I take .25mg K 3x a day.

What is the best crossover method to Valium?

Only been on K for 3 months and was on Valium daily 9 years before that.

Guys im having severe muscle pain in the back of my neck all of a sudden, 2 days ago I took 1.5mg valium in the evening instead of 1 mg. I never had this pain before in my life. Is this normal for tapering and can I take a painkiller for it?