Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I have been doing my Valium taper for a LOOOONG time.  I think I started in 2016!  For a while, I was only able to cut 3% a month per doctors orders.  However, I am finally down to .725mg a day.  I was wondering when everyone plans to jump?  I know some people want to go as close to zero as possible.  I think Ashton is .5mg if I am remembering correctly.  I would like to go as low as I can, but I would also like to be free from this, and not have to plan my days around meds.  I am in a hurry, but don’t want to suffer either.  I’m just curious about when everyone else plans to jump.  Thanks! 🙂

Hi IS, looks like you have been at it a while, you have amazing determination and fortitude to have accomplished your progress over such a long period. If I may ask you, how are your symptoms?

My doc has told me .5, but idk yet. I am getting some anxiety and anhedonia between cuts that peak 3-5 days after. I also have no appetite. I say idk because although I want to be done too I don’t want to have prolonged intense symptoms after going off. It’s a scary hard decision we all must make.

Wish I had a better answer for you. I hope you stay with us in this thread so we can share and support each other. We are getting close to the end.

Joeb

[e4...]
Hi all - back again as I begin to taper my Valium. I am going to start with a 0.25mg reduction. Does this sound reasonable to people? Thank you

Marie,

I’m at 10.52 now.  Mostly using pills and only using prescription liquid v for the micro tapering.  I’m finding I can only drop 0.02mg (ml) per day.  I tried more and sxs were quite difficult.  It’s already not going well as I suffer from a lot of internal vibrations all day and fatigue and weakness.  Can you share how you have tapered in terms of technique and rate?

Thanks.

So Sorry, just wanting to join this support group, but there are so many posts and I don't know where to start (Benzo Brain).  Is this how I would start a new post?

Again, so, so sorry!  Feeling very stupid right now!

Hi cooper5,

I merged your post in with the official Valium support group.  You just need to hit reply when you post on this thread and someone will typically respond to you by quoting your post while answering it. 

I hope this is where I make a new post about val tapering.

I’m at 10.48 now.  Mostly using pills and only using prescription liquid v for the micro tapering.  I’m finding I can only drop 0.02mg (ml) per day, so it takes 50 days to drop 1 mg.  I tried more and sxs were quite difficult.  It’s already not going well as I suffer from a lot of internal vibrations/buzzing all day and fatigue and weakness.  I also have shaky hands and legs.

Is anyone at a similar place in terms of dose or taper rate?  Or perhaps have experience with those symptoms?

Thanks.

I’m at 10.48 now.  Mostly using pills and only using prescription liquid v for the micro tapering.  I’m finding I can only drop 0.02mg (ml) per day, so it takes 50 days to drop 1 mg.  I tried more and sxs were quite difficult.  It’s already not going well as I suffer from a lot of internal vibrations/buzzing all day and fatigue and weakness.  I also have shaky hands and legs.

Is anyone at a similar place in terms of dose or taper rate?  Or perhaps have experience with those symptoms?

Thanks.

It seems like a few members have posted on this thread but I'm not sure if anyone is talking to each other which is sad because this is a specific support group for those tapering Diazepam/Valium.  Not many taper with this drug so it would be good if we could get some active support.

I was going to tell you Slowandsteady2021 that you can also post your questions in this support group thread but I'm not sure if it's very active either, I'm sorry.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0

Thanks.

Hi Slow I’m sorry but I’m having the same problem on the forum with people not posting. It’s sad and disheartening to see. I’m at a lower dose but I do get fatigue and anhedonia a lot.

I’m sorry your symptoms are keeping you at a much lower taper rate. I’m sorry I don’t have a good answer. I’m having to slow mine down since getting an uptick in sxs this week. And I admit am getting quite frustrated since I’ve been tapering and suffering for 9 months. There are other choices but none are without suffering or risk of not working and costly. I feel for you and wish there was something I could offer you

Joeb

Hi all

I was stuck at 11.5mg since last summer.

Over the last 6 weeks in 3 week blocks I have come down by 2 x 0.25mg so now on 11mg. Cutting and holding.

I have to admit I was feeling good for the first 5 weeks but now feeling really crappy and low.

I wonder if I have cut too fast after being at the same level for so long? Any thoughts would be good.

Cutting from 1.5 mg to 1 mg of valium tomorrow, I will take 0.5 mg in the morning and 0.5 mg in the evening starting from tomorrow. So far no real symptoms other than music playing in my head all the time and moderate erectile dysfunction.

How long after you taper a dose, do you really feel it?

I tapered my afternoon dose of Valium from 10mg to 9mg Tuesday.  I was fine until the following Monday, when things became a bit depressing.  I am feeling much better today and back at it- completely functional as I need to be.  That is why I am tapering slowly.

Still on Xanax 1mg in the morning until that taper starts......

I felt it usually around 10 days but others may be different

I have started reducing again from 11.5mg and thought it was going well but I have been caught out 6 weeks after 2 cuts.

I tapered my afternoon dose of Valium from 10mg to 9mg Tuesday.  I was fine until the following Monday, when things became a bit depressing.  I am feeling much better today and back at it- completely functional as I need to be.  That is why I am tapering slowly.

I notice my cuts around 3-4 days, they seem to peak around 7. Haven’t been at it long enough to know when it resolves.

My first cut was 3.0 to 2.5 and that took 6 weeks to stabilize - but I was in a bad spot, had just quit my job, it was Christmas, then I went from 2x a day dosing to 3x a day. I think all of that make it harder than it would’ve maybe been otherwise.

I feel symptoms after 4 days of a cut and then they fade over the next few days.

Hi Nikitis

How much are you reducing by each time?

Are you cutting and holding?

What symptoms do you get?

Sorry so many questions!

I feel symptoms after 4 days of a cut and then they fade over the next few days.

Hi Nikitis

Sorry so many questions!

I started with 3 mg of ativan per day. Then I crossed over to 24 mg of valium and this went okay. Then had a huge setback after missing a dose of both risperidone and valium. I had to up my dose to 28 mg of valium per day to stabilize. I did this without consent of the doctor that was treating me. Then I became stable and reduced my dose with 1 mg every 2 weeks until I hit 5 mg of valium per day. Then I started reducing my dose with 0.5 mg per 2 weeks. I never cut and hold. My main symptoms were and are, major physical/chemical anxiety, looping music in my head, intrusive disturbing thoughts, extreme nightmares, depression, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, bloating of the face, short term and long term memory loss and derealization.

Thank you all for your help and answers!  I really appreciate it!  I assume as I get further into tapering my Valium and taking less and less of it, the symptoms get worse?  I am going slow and have an amazing doctor who understands that some cuts may need a longer time then 2 weeks to move onto the next step.

Nikitis

What process are you using to reduce if you are not cutting and holding? Micro taper?

Hi Nikitis

Sorry so many questions!

I started with 3 mg of ativan per day. Then I crossed over to 24 mg of valium and this went okay. Then had a huge setback after missing a dose of both risperidone and valium. I had to up my dose to 28 mg of valium per day to stabilize. I did this without consent of the doctor that was treating me. Then I became stable and reduced my dose with 1 mg every 2 weeks until I hit 5 mg of valium per day. Then I started reducing my dose with 0.5 mg per 2 weeks. I never cut and hold. My main symptoms were and are, major physical/chemical anxiety, looping music in my head, intrusive disturbing thoughts, extreme nightmares, depression, erectile dysfunction, loss of libido, bloating of the face, short term and long term memory loss and derealization.

Nikitis

What process are you using to reduce if you are not cutting and holding? Micro taper?

Hi Nikitis

Sorry so many questions!

Not using any special method, I just cut my valium 2 mg tablets in quarters and take a quarter in the morning and the evening. Btw I have a question, my last prescription dose will be 0.5 mg per day taken just once a day instead of the usual 2 times dosage, does anyone here recommend cutting the quarters in half creating 0.25 mg and taking that twice a day or should I just take 0.5 mg per day and then jump? I don't have any options for microtaper or liquid taper. Thanks

I cut mine into 0.25mg but it is a bit tricky!

I am not sure what would happen if you combined your dose. Maybe someone else with experience will advise

Do you cut still with symptoms?

Nikitis

Hi Nikitis

Sorry so many questions!

Not using any special method, I just cut my valium 2 mg tablets in quarters and take a quarter in the morning and the evening. Btw I have a question, my last prescription dose will be 0.5 mg per day taken just once a day instead of the usual 2 times dosage, does anyone here recommend cutting the quarters in half creating 0.25 mg and taking that twice a day or should I just take 0.5 mg per day and then jump? I don't have any options for microtaper or liquid taper. Thanks

Thanks.

It seems like a few members have posted on this thread but I'm not sure if anyone is talking to each other which is sad because this is a specific support group for those tapering Diazepam/Valium.  Not many taper with this drug so it would be good if we could get some active support.

I was going to tell you Slowandsteady2021 that you can also post your questions in this support group thread but I'm not sure if it's very active either, I'm sorry.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0

I took some time away, I drop in a few hours a week, mostly because I'm searching archives. I've noticed the forum overall seems quiet, and I've found some left during my absence; Andros01, badsocref, others. I'm not in a position now to involve myself more. I feel like I hit benzo burnout, and right now there's too much upheaval in my life. At some point, I may contribute more. I think people are just taking a break.

[c0...]

Nice to hear from you Lottie!

Glad you’re making headway in your taper.

Sorry you have a lot of stress in your life, me too!!

I have dropped off the board because I’ve hit a really rough patch after I had a CT scan with dye and then my booster.

I some pretty unbearable symptoms, don’t think people really want to hear about it and I’m also in no way to help others.

Sorry to the new people, but I can’t help right.

I’m pretty upset, as I was quite functional and had a happy life (for withdrawal), not anymore.

Winnie

Heĺlo! I'm down to 2mg diazepam.  Any advice on where to go from here please?

How are you feeling, has your taper been difficult, these are the questions that need answers if you're considering jumping off the drug.  Can you fill out your signature so we can see what your taper history has been, this helps us help you.  These are the instructions but if you need help just put the info here and a team member can input it for you.  Add your history/signature