Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

It’s been 1 month and 5 days since my last cut and I’m getting worse. I feel like I’ve just Ct’d. I’m so scared and I’m hiding my sx from my doctor. I’m hoping someone will give me some input. This was my 4th cut from 10mgs to now 7.5mgs once daily. My ears burn and buzz. Everything burns. Is this for the rest of my life? I need hope.

Scorpio, how long did it take you to make that cut from 10 to 7.5?  That's a 25% cut which is a lot.

A month is not a long Hold at all, it's actually a very short one.  Also unfortunately, a lot of people get worse before they get better.  So , imo, you need to hold until your symptoms calm down some and become more tolerable.  You need to explain to your Dr you can't cut that quickly, in the mean time, you may need to be on the search for another Dr to help you.  You can't be forced to go faster than your brain and central nervous system can handle or you will get worse and worse.  I am so sorry you are going through this, withdrawal is bad enough without having a Dr to let you go at your own pace.

Good luck, we are here for you.  Please keep us posted!  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼

I started in September of this year after I felt stabilized. But now I know I went too fast. I take it once a night, which worked for me, but now just withdrawing all day for about 6 days. I seem to be getting worse. I refuse to cut until I feel better. But that doesn’t seem likely. I’m so confused. I feel like I’ve just ct. Every night when I take it now, I can’t fall asleep and my heart pounds. Thank you for responding.

Should I start taking it 2x daily or wait for my system to get better. Could this have gone paradoxical on me? I’m sorry. I can’t concentrate right now.

It’s been 1 month and 5 days since my last cut and I’m getting worse. I feel like I’ve just Ct’d. I’m so scared and I’m hiding my sx from my doctor. I’m hoping someone will give me some input. This was my 4th cut from 10mgs to now 7.5mgs once daily. My ears burn and buzz. Everything burns. Is this for the rest of my life? I need hope.

Scorpio, how long did it take you to make that cut from 10 to 7.5?  That's a 25% cut which is a lot.

A month is not a long Hold at all, it's actually a very short one.  Also unfortunately, a lot of people get worse before they get better.  So , imo, you need to hold until your symptoms calm down some and become more tolerable.  You need to explain to your Dr you can't cut that quickly, in the mean time, you may need to be on the search for another Dr to help you.  You can't be forced to go faster than your brain and central nervous system can handle or you will get worse and worse.  I am so sorry you are going through this, withdrawal is bad enough without having a Dr to let you go at your own pace.

I started in September of this year after I felt stabilized. But now I know I went too fast. I take it once a night, which worked for me, but now just withdrawing all day for about 6 days. I seem to be getting worse. I refuse to cut until I feel better. But that doesn’t seem likely. I’m so confused. I feel like I’ve just ct. Every night when I take it now, I can’t fall asleep and my heart pounds. Thank you for responding.

You might try taking 2 doses a day, to see if that helps.  I take 2 doses, 3.1 at 9 am and 4.0 at 8 pm.

That way if it is irritating you , splitting that dose may help, since you won't be taking the 7.5 all at once.  Withdrawal is very hard, something's work for some, not for others.  All our symptoms are different, it just sucks.  :(

You might try taking 2 doses a day, to see if that helps.  I take 2 doses, 3.1 at 9 am and 4.0 at 8 pm.

That way if it is irritating you , splitting that dose may help, since you won't be taking the 7.5 all at once.  Withdrawal is very hard, something's work for some, not for others.  All our symptoms are different, it just sucks.  :(

Thank you. Did you ever get just stuck? If so, how long did it take for you to start feeling stable?

Should I start taking it 2x daily or wait for my system to get better. Could this have gone paradoxical on me? I’m sorry. I can’t concentrate right now.

I took 2  doses a day until I got to 2 mg.

Personally, I found that waiting too long made it worse, often another little cut made me feel better(psychologically).

Also, exercise has been wonderful for me - when I am suffering terribly, a 10 km run does wonders.

Thank you. I love music and dancing. My husband has a beautiful singing voice. I can’t listen to music or dance anymore. My husband hasn’t sung  in a month. I used to be his backup dancer. At home. I haven’t enjoyed life. I wish I could dance again.

Thank you. Did you ever get just stuck? If so, how long did it take for you to start feeling stable?

Yes, I have held several times, most were a a couple of months, but one time I held for 6 months.  I never felt good, but I improved enough to move forward slowly.  I still taper slowly and with a small amount.  It beats having to suffer and get stuck again.  It would be great if your Dr would let you guide your own taper.  My Dr knows very little about withdrawal but she is wonderful about letting me reduce at my speed.  I am really grateful for that.  🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😷

I have already posted this on the titration board, but thought I would also post it here for possible extra help.

My Dr. finally switched me over to Rx liquid diazepam 1mg/1ml solution and I need some help with how to prepare it and dosing. The easy part is that I know that 1ml equals 1mg.

I have been currently making my own solution with pills and vodka so I am familiar with liquid titration, just not with Rx liquid. I currently make a 1:100 ratio using 1 mg pill dissolved in 2ml of vodka with 98ml of water. I then toss my taper portion for the day and drink the remainder in the jar. I am currently tapering .015mg per day.

I currently take 2mg in pill form in the morning and 1mg pill along with my liquid taper .4mg at night, which I am currently holding my daily dose at 3.4mg. I think I have read that some BB use a 1:10 ratio instead of the 1/100 ratio that I use, and drink their dose straight from the syringe, but I'm not sure on that.

Would it be wise to slowly switch individual doses over to the Rx liquid over a period of time to let my body adjust? Can I still take pills along with Rx liquid?

I am really just lost on how to go about dosing this new Rx liquid and would appreciate any and all help about how everyone here dose it. Basically I need a new plan for using Rx liquid Valium.

Thanks to all,

JoJo

Jojo, I drink my dose directly from the syringe. I’ll describe what I do to prepare my solution with the amount you will need.

.4 mg = .4 ml of undiluted Rx diazepam solution. I have both a 10 ml syringe and a 1 ml syringe (I like the Caretouch single use brand on Amazon for both sizes). I also use a 10 ml glass graduated cylinder, but this isn’t a requirement.

I use the 1:10 ratio and make several days worth of doses so I don’t have to fiddle with mixing up meds every day. My current solution lasts around 8 days. I like working with nice round numbers when making my solution because it makes the math easier. So, that being said, I would make 5 days worth of doses in your case to make the amount of Rx liquid you use a nice number, in this case 2 ml or 2 mg (.4 x 5 = 2) so I would add 2 ml Rx liquid to my jar, then dilute it with 18 ml of water to get 20 ml total of liquid and a 1:10 ratio solution. If you’re holding your dose then you will just draw 4 ml from the jar and drink it, boom, done!

For reductions, beings you’re reducing by .015 mg you would reduce your dose by .15 ml every time you make a reduction, so 3.85 ml, 3.7 ml, 3.55 ml, and so on. You’ll draw the 3 ml with the 10 ml syringe and the .85 ml with the 1 ml syringe.

I hope this helps!

Hey kits sorry to but in just a quick question. Can I use 5mg tab plus 1/2 2mg tab (so 1 mg) to make mixture instead of 3 x 2 mg tabs? Still 6 mg.

So I’ve been making mixture u suggested... 3 x 2mg tabs . 12ml vodka, 48ml water. Split into 4 doses then take what I discard from each.

Would I used same amount of vodka for 1 x 5mg tab and 1mg tab?

Thanks! Just trying to use up all my tabs so I don’t have to visit my dr for a while xx

Kit, thank goodness we have you for Math woman.  I appreciate all the math questions you help with so much.  It totally doesn't sink in my brain right now.    :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks so much kits! I know I guys are lifesavers. I saw a spreadsheet a buddie posted on here somewhere the other day and my brain just melted when I saw it. I was like wtf does all that mean.  :laugh:

I was never good with stuff like that before, now.... forgettabouit  :idiot:

Thanks so much kits! I know I guys are lifesavers. I saw a spreadsheet a buddie posted on here somewhere the other day and my brain just melted when I saw it. I was like wtf does all that mean.  :laugh:

Honestly, I do the math because it helps me feel like my brain isn’t turning to mush. I feel like I have lost so much cognitively from benzos. :(

Thanks kitsune for all the information with the Rx liquid V.

I think I will try to start out by replacing my evening dose of 1.4 mg with the Rx liquid first, which at a 1:10 ration I'll be taking 10.4 ml? I'll hold there for a while and then replace my morning dose of 2mg, eventually taking all Rx liquid. Hopefully after that, I'll start to stabilize and can begin my taper again. Do you think that this is a reasonable plan or in your experience should I possible go about it differently or at a slower replacement rate?

Another question for everyone:

Did anyone feel differently after switching to Rx liquid from pills and homemade liquid? Better, worse or the same? I am very nervous about making this switch, but I am hopeful it will be worth it in the long run.

Thanks again to everyone, fingers crossed.

JoJo

Jojo, you’ll take 14 ml of Rx liquid if you dilute to a 1:10 ratio (just multiply your dose by 10, so 1.4 x 10 = 14. I think it will make things easier for you to switch the whole dose at night. Some people switch over more gradually,  it I think starting with the nighttime dose will give you a good idea of how well you will tolerate the Rx liquid. I found I get more stomach upset with it, so make sure you eat a small snack to help mitigate that. As far as feeling different when I switched over, I feel like my sleep was a little better, that’s really the only big thing and an unexpected blessing.

Honestly, I do the math because it helps me feel like my brain isn’t turning to mush. I feel like I have lost so much cognitively from benzos. :(

Gosh me too kits. Maybe I’ll start doing some suduko

Hi Jojo,

I now just use my 1ML syringe to draw up my rx medicine.  The medicine bottle has an adapter cap and I insert the syringe (halfway plunged), turn it upside down, plunge the rest of the way, draw up my dose - I do this for each of my doses.  I put them in 3 different medicine bottles that have a bit of water (not measured but maybe 10 ML or so) - after consuming, I rinse the medicine bottles and consume once or twice.  I now am holding 1 day out of 10.  Next, I will hold 1 day out of 9 or 8 or something.  I used to do a 1/100 ML solution but I've found this to be way easier so far.  Eventually, I may switch again but for now, this is easier for me.  Kit's method seems really easy too - I like having options! 

As far as how I felt, I didn't have any issues.  If anything, after a week or so, maybe I noticed an improvement?  I think it absorbs quicker. 

Jojo, you’ll take 14 ml of Rx liquid if you dilute to a 1:10 ratio (just multiply your dose by 10, so 1.4 x 10 = 14. I think it will make things easier for you to switch the whole dose at night. Some people switch over more gradually,  it I think starting with the nighttime dose will give you a good idea of how well you will tolerate the Rx liquid. I found I get more stomach upset with it, so make sure you eat a small snack to help mitigate that. As far as feeling different when I switched over, I feel like my sleep was a little better, that’s really the only big thing and an unexpected blessing.

Thanks again kitsune.

I'm going to try to start this new plan tomorrow. I hope it works out for me, because it sounds a whole lot easier and more accurate than my old way of tapering.

Hi Jojo,

I now just use my 1ML syringe to draw up my rx medicine.  The medicine bottle has an adapter cap and I insert the syringe (halfway plunged), turn it upside down, plunge the rest of the way, draw up my dose - I do this for each of my doses.  I put them in 3 different medicine bottles that have a bit of water (not measured but maybe 10 ML or so) - after consuming, I rinse the medicine bottles and consume once or twice.  I now am holding 1 day out of 10.  Next, I will hold 1 day out of 9 or 8 or something.  I used to do a 1/100 ML solution but I've found this to be way easier so far.  Eventually, I may switch again but for now, this is easier for me.  Kit's method seems really easy too - I like having options! 

As far as how I felt, I didn't have any issues.  If anything, after a week or so, maybe I noticed an improvement?  I think it absorbs quicker.

Thanks Momof 7.

Having several options is a good thing since we all react differently to these meds.

I currently dose twice a day just because when I joined the group that is what most BB suggested since valium has such a long half life. Did you always dose 3 times a day and do you think it helps more with your wd sx dosing three times a day? Just curious because I have never tried that. When I was taking Ativan, I had to dosed 3-4 times a day.

Thanks to everyone for all your help on this transition I am about to try. I don't where I would be today if I hadn't found this group nearly two years ago. :smitten:

Hello, jojodancer.

Just checking ...

Am I understanding correctly that your plan is to reduce your dose by 0.015mg on a daily basis?  If so, in a month (30 days), you would reduce your dose by 0.45mg (0.015 x  30 = 0.45).  This would translate to a monthly taper rate of 13.24%.  Have you tolerated that rate in the past?

Here’s the math:

TDD on Day 0:  3.4mg where TDD = Total Daily Dose

TDD on Day 30: 2.95mg  (3.4 - 0.45 = 2.95)

Percent change = 13.2353% decrease using this calculator:

Percentage Change Calculator

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

Hi Jojo,

Yes, with Valium, I have always done 3X per day.  I originally was on just 1 nightly dose of Klonopin but had to go to 2X and then 3X a day, unfortunately, because of interdose withdrawals.  I was also advised to dose 3-4 times a day by a microtapering group I belong to.  As far as it helping, I think it might keep me more even.  I metabolize things fast in general so that could be it.  We are all different, though.  I LOVE the liquid prescription - the easiest method I've tried so far for microtapering.  Hope it goes well for you!

Hello, jojodancer.

Just checking ...

Am I understanding correctly that your plan is to reduce your dose by 0.015mg on a daily basis?  If so, in a month (30 days), you would reduce your dose by 0.45mg (0.015 x  30 = 0.45).  This would translate to a monthly taper rate of 13.24%.  Have you tolerated that rate in the past?

Here’s the math:

TDD on Day 0:  3.4mg where TDD = Total Daily Dose

TDD on Day 30: 2.95mg  (3.4 - 0.45 = 2.95)

Percent change = 13.2353% decrease using this calculator:

Percentage Change Calculator

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/algebra/percent-change-calculator.php

When I first started tapering at 15mg I was reducing .03mg a day. As time went on and I got lower and lower in my taper, I had to slow down several times throughout my taper (.025mg, .02mg, and currently .015mg). I was hoping I could get to a daily dose of 3 mg before I had to slow my taper down again, but I am thinking I may have to slow down to .01 sooner than that. I am defiantly starting to feel the 13.24%. It has been almost 2 years since I began tapering..April 13, 2019. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Hi Jojo,

Yes, with Valium, I have always done 3X per day.  I originally was on just 1 nightly dose of Klonopin but had to go to 2X and then 3X a day, unfortunately, because of interdose withdrawals.  I was also advised to dose 3-4 times a day by a microtapering group I belong to.  As far as it helping, I think it might keep me more even.  I metabolize things fast in general so that could be it.  We are all different, though.  I LOVE the liquid prescription - the easiest method I've tried so far for microtapering.  Hope it goes well for you!

Momof7

Thanks for all your help and I hope the remainder of taper goes smoothly. :thumbsup: I am sure I will probably have more questions as this process moves along.

So I reinstated Valium after an initial too-rapid taper. I'm 5 weeks in and I feel more like I'm in w/d than stabilizing so I can start tapering again.  I'm told it takes time for Valium to build up in your system again. My initial coss over from Klonopin was a piece of cake, this reinstatement has been anything but. At any rate, I'm not considering any kind of taper until after the new year starts. How can I start tapering when I feel like crap after my initial rapid taper. Wished I'd found BB before I ever tapered, couldv'e saved my self from all this.