Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

I started messing with audionotch a few months ago but decided to stop until I have finished tapering off of klonopin, during my taper my tinnitus is forever changing and I hope it will stabilize (would be better if it went away altogether) when I an free of the drugs, anyone else have "moving" tinnitus while tapering?

I started messing with audionotch a few months ago but decided to stop until I have finished tapering off of klonopin, during my taper my tinnitus is forever changing and I hope it will stabilize (would be better if it went away altogether) when I an free of the drugs, anyone else have "moving" tinnitus while tapering?

Masking also helped me taper.

I wish you the best and hope it goes away.  For some people here tinnitus is the one sticky symptom that persists for years.  I hope your one of the lucky ones and it just heals but if not audionotch can help.

Dear Birdman,

Thank you for all your valuable suggestions. This morning I tested my tinnitus level

on Audio Notch. It is about 10,000. Now I want to create a nature sounds therapy. But I have absolutely no idea how to do this. If I want to go through after deciding my frequency to therapy, the program refused. Probably I should buy the program, but how do I do that? There is no reference to on the Audio Notch site. Probabilities needless to mention but I come from the Netherlands. Incidentally, I also found an app today: Tinnitus pro misic therapy. Do you know this app?

Thanks,

Dutchy

Birdman, I do use masking and find it effective at subduing the tinnitus, crickets and an ear bud work for me.

The reason I said I would probably wait to finish my taper is that the volume and frequency of my tinnitus change as I taper so found it hard to pin down a specific frequency.

Dear Birdman,

Thank you for all your valuable suggestions. This morning I tested my tinnitus level

on Audio Notch. It is about 10,000. Now I want to create a nature sounds therapy. But I have absolutely no idea how to do this. If I want to go through after deciding my frequency to therapy, the program refused. Probably I should buy the program, but how do I do that? There is no reference to on the Audio Notch site. Probabilities needless to mention but I come from the Netherlands. Incidentally, I also found an app today: Tinnitus pro misic therapy. Do you know this app?

Thanks,

Dutchy

Hi Dutchy,  I think after using audionotch it just asks you if you want to buy it.

I would study this page very carefully (read it twice and you will learn how to install a VECTOR code)  It's hard work at first but keep trying.

https://sites.google.com/site/freetinnitussoundtherapy/clients

TIP: You should notice an immediate temporary drop in your tinnitus sound frequency after listening to one song if you've done this right.

TIP: Make sure you pick songs that have an audio spectrum that surrounds your tinnitus frequency well. This will produce a better result. This means if you tinnitus is 14000 Hz then your song should have a high sound energy on "analyze"-->"plot spectrum" in roughly the 10000Hz - 16000Hz audio range.

Do you have a link tho this "Tinnitus pro music therapy"?  I'd like to try it ;D

Good Luck,  Birdy

Birdman, I do use masking and find it effective at subduing the tinnitus, crickets and an ear bud work for me.

The reason I said I would probably wait to finish my taper is that the volume and frequency of my tinnitus change as I taper so found it hard to pin down a specific frequency.

I understand ;)

Dear Birdman,

Thanks,

Dutchy

Hi Dutchy,  I think after using audionotch it just asks you if you want to buy it.

I would study this page very carefully (read it twice and you will learn how to install a VECTOR code)  It's hard work at first but keep trying.

https://sites.google.com/site/freetinnitussoundtherapy/clients

TIP: You should notice an immediate temporary drop in your tinnitus sound frequency after listening to one song if you've done this right.

TIP: Make sure you pick songs that have an audio spectrum that surrounds your tinnitus frequency well. This will produce a better result. This means if you tinnitus is 14000 Hz then your song should have a high sound energy on "analyze"-->"plot spectrum" in roughly the 10000Hz - 16000Hz audio range.

Do you have a link tho this "Tinnitus pro music therapy"?  I'd like to try it ;D

Good Luck,  Birdy

Thanks Birdy... :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you!

What have you guys all have a lot of knowledge! I wish I could be for you an added value too, who knows in the future. For now I am totally overwhelmed by the T. AudioNotch sends me straight to a Dutch site that provides no information on the purchase of the program and my Macbook does no accepts the audacity program. Much to find out so. Have a nice day all!

:thumbsup:

Dutchy

I am joining....new here!

So sad and scared!!! Cold turkey we off Ativan half a mg daily for three months on Oct. 7, 2016. 10 days ago the extremely loud tinnitus set it, a constant screech. It never stops!!! I hope it stops, it drowns out people talking to me, I can't sleep at night, and the anxiety is through the roof!! Please tell me it improves!

So sad and scared!!! Cold turkey we off Ativan half a mg daily for three months on Oct. 7, 2016. 10 days ago the extremely loud tinnitus set it, a constant screech. It never stops!!! I hope it stops, it drowns out people talking to me, I can't sleep at night, and the anxiety is through the roof!! Please tell me it improves!

It will heal in time but while your waiting to heal SOUND MASKING sure helps!!  All you need is an MP3 player, iphone, ipod or smart phone of some kind and some good ear buds.

Read the last 5 pages of this thread.  Hope you feel better soon.

It will heal in time but while your waiting to heal SOUND MASKING sure helps!!  All you need is an MP3 player, iphone, ipod or smart phone of some kind and some good ear buds.

Birdman....was it you somewhere hee that stated you had the Starkey maskers? I might have been mistaken.

I have been thinking about going over some alternatives when I see an audiologist in a few days to rule out any other possibilities to the cause of this and have seen where some therapies including in ear maskers might help habituate??

Read the last 5 pages of this thread.  Hope you feel better soon.

Birdman....was it you somewhere hee that stated you had the Starkey maskers? I might have been mistaken.

I have been thinking about going over some alternatives when I see an audiologist in a few days to rule out any other possibilities to the cause of this and have seen where some therapies including in ear maskers might help habituate?? I am also worried about cost...no health insurance. ,:(

I have been thinking about going over some alternatives when I see an audiologist in a few days to rule out any other possibilities to the cause of this and have seen where some therapies including in ear maskers might help habituate?? I am also worried about cost...no health insurance. ,:(

Hi,  Starkey 110's are about $8,000.00  - Not cheap but BOY they make the tinnitus fade very well with the right programming.

When I am done with them I will give them to somebody here to use. :thumbsup:

Birdy. :smitten: :smitten:

Hi,  Starkey 110's are about $8,000.00  - Not cheap but BOY they make the tinnitus fade very well with the right programming.

Hi Birdmann,

could you describe to me how this starkey system is working, I mean technically. Are you hearing a white noise all day wearing it like I do with my masking machine, or how is this working... I visited the website but my englisch is too bad to understand ...

Thank, you,

Marigold

Hi Birdmann,

could you describe to me how this starkey system is working, I mean technically. Are you hearing a white noise all day wearing it like I do with my masking machine, or how is this working... I visited the website but my englisch is too bad to understand ...

Thank, you,

Marigold

Start here;  Leonard Nimoy says it best :)

Went to see the audiologist today...he seems to think that my tinnitus is permanent. I am in tears...I can't stand it!!!! It's so loud all the time!! All I can do is cry!!

Went to see the audiologist today...he seems to think that my tinnitus is permanent. I am in tears...I can't stand it!!!! It's so loud all the time!! All I can do is cry!!

The audiologist thinks you have common "EAR HAIR DAMAGE" tinnitus from loud sounds.  I had that level of tinnitus from rock concerts and it was easy to ignore.

If I learned one thing EVERYONE else's tinnitus is better than your own.  It's all a matter of perception.  The level of your tinnitus perception is being amplified 1000X by benzo w/d!!    Your audiologist does not know this.  You and I may have tinnitus for life but in 2 or 3 years from now we will not be stressing out about it.

It does get better.  In the mean time MASK IT while your CNS settles down.

Have faith and a set of maskers too ;D

Yes Birdman, that was almost to the word what I was going to say to pumpkin.

Your audiologist has no idea about benzo tinnitus I would think, and after you are over the benzo withdrawals I am sure you will be able to get used to it even if it does not go 100% away.

My tinnitus is raging at the moment but in different times through my dose reduction it will get to a point that I can pretty much ignore it. This has happened every time I have reduced from .5mg of klonopin and I am now down to .117mg about 11 drops.

When did yours start to bother you? mine happened when I was rapid tapered in January of this year.

Life will get better. I know mine will so yours should also.

Hi All, I JUMPED today!  I couldn't take it anymore.  My Tinnitus is mild, vastly improved and I didn't see the need to stretch this out.  Thank you all so much for your kind support and I'll definitely update everyone on my T.  I'm hoping it will get better within days, but I'm prepared if it doesn't.  Most of all, thanks again. 

Hi All, I JUMPED today!  I couldn't take it anymore.  My Tinnitus is mild, vastly improved and I didn't see the need to stretch this out.  Thank you all so much for your kind support and I'll definitely update everyone on my T.  I'm hoping it will get better within days, but I'm prepared if it doesn't.  Most of all, thanks again.

:clap: Congrats nyc!!  Such a positive post. Well done! Hope your sxs improve moment by moment day by day...so proud of you.  :highfive:

:clap: Congrats nyc!!  Such a positive post. Well done! Hope your sxs improve moment by moment day by day...so proud of you.  :highfive:

Thanks CeCe!!! :D

The audiologist thinks you have common "EAR HAIR DAMAGE" tinnitus from loud sounds.  I had that level of tinnitus from rock concerts and it was easy to ignore.

If I learned one thing EVERYONE else's tinnitus is better than your own.  It's all a matter of perception.  The level of your tinnitus perception is being amplified 1000X by benzo w/d!!    Your audiologist does not know this.  You and I may have tinnitus for life but in 2 or 3 years from now we will not be stressing out about it.

It does get better.  In the mean time MASK IT while your CNS settles down.

Have faith and a set of maskers too ;D

Yeah..I am hopeful to habituate.  I never have went to many things loud. Was always careful about that since some people in my family have bad ears. I had always had a slight ringing, but goodness not the screeching!  This started for me almost immediately after cold turkey from the small does of Ativan I was on three months. I stopped about three weeks ago (10/7/16). I want desperately to get markers, but no health insurance and are expensive. I don't want to have to wear ear buds 24/7,..,impossible anyway.

Any ideas on self habitation therapies?

Success stories that the doctor might be wrong?

Congratulations :D  Let us know how your doing.  I jumped 3 times and reinstated 3 times always lowering my dose from the last time and feeling better every time. 

It's a long road out of hell but all that is required is to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

My advice: Do not let fear influence your decision making process for any reason.

Good luck NYC :)

Thanks Birdman, it's day 2 and the Tinnitus is getting louder.  I'll see how I feel tomorrow and I might take .04 to hold me over.  I have to work so I'm concerned about sxs/  either way It'll be one or two of those. I'm determined to be done even with T