Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

NYC, I hope you dont need to take a rescue dose or reinstate and have a good recovery, Im sure if you do need to you will succeed in the end. :thumbsup:

NYC, I hope you dont need to take a rescue dose or reinstate and have a good recovery, Im sure if you do need to you will succeed in the end. :thumbsup:

Thanks 2trusting, I was leaving myself a window of taking .04 every 2nd or 3rd day for a week or so, but after awaking this morning with a brief window (I never had one!) there is no way I'm taking anymore.  I've seen the promise land!  Day 3 and Tinnitus is very low, stomach hurts a little, and that's it. 

Just a quick update, I'm 8 days since my jump and doing great.  Only symptom is minor tinnitus and it's getting better.  It's a 2 on a 1 to 10 scale.  Doesn't bother me much, just a little annoying, and a constant reminder that I took benzos and did some damage.  My stomach is fine so as Ashton says, T is the last symptom to go.  I would say it's no longer tenacious, but I am still affected, so thought I'd chime in.  Hope everyone's day is quiet!

Just a quick update, I'm 8 days since my jump and doing great.  Only symptom is minor tinnitus and it's getting better.  It's a 2 on a 1 to 10 scale.  Doesn't bother me much, just a little annoying, and a constant reminder that I took benzos and did some damage.  My stomach is fine so as Ashton says, T is the last symptom to go.  I would say it's no longer tenacious, but I am still affected, so thought I'd chime in.  Hope everyone's day is quiet!

That is so awesome NYC! You give me so much hope. I have looked at your cuts in your sig and I am trying to base mine on your schedule since we were both on benzos about the same amount of time. You just had one month on me.  So far so good on my end. Hopefully it stays this smooth. Wishing your T gets better and better each day!

Good for you, nyc. This is something I look forward to posting, myself! The T is just as bad for me now as it was during acute...no change whatsoever.... :'(

That is so awesome NYC! You give me so much hope. I have looked at your cuts in your sig and I am trying to base mine on your schedule since we were both on benzos about the same amount of time. You just had one month on me.  So far so good on my end. Hopefully it stays this smooth. Wishing your T gets better and better each day!

Freddy, that is awesome!  Yes, your signature looks like mine, I am so happy that I can be of assistance to someone after getting so much here when I needed it.  Kepp moving and if you feel sxs, you can pause.  But don't puase for 2 weeks like cut and hold, it can throw your body off.  Maybe a few days, the longest I held for was 6 days.

Things did get tougher below .5 and I had to slow down, but my sxs got better as I got lower.  No migraines below .5.  Then below .25 things got a lot better, my last month was virtually symptom free; a little benzo belly and T, but that was it.  When in doubt MOVE, don't HOLD.  You'll be free in a month or two!

Good for you, nyc. This is something I look forward to posting, myself! The T is just as bad for me now as it was during acute...no change whatsoever.... :'(

Hi Cece, Thanks!  I know I'm getting off lucky due to short term use, but the reality is we're all healing regardless of how quickly.  i wish you a quiet peace!

Thanks nyc...you are so right. We are all healing and what's happening with you is fabulous...we'll all get there. I'm just  so proud of you and think we could all take some notes!

Hope you'll stick around awhile after you are better, to share your recommendations to the newbies and to the rest of us who aren't here yet...

~CeCe.... :smitten:

Brilliant news, keep getting better and you will be in for a great Christmas and new year.

Cece you will get better but it could be a year or two so hang in and enjoy masking in the mean time  ;)

Today, day 9 since I jumped, was the worst day for Tinnitus. Wasn't awful or as bad as when I was tapering but a noticeable increase.  I'm in acute so hopefully this is it and it doesn't get worse.  I always thought my T would leave days after my last dose, I'll settle for weeks, I hope not months. 

Cece you will get better but it could be a year or two so hang in and enjoy masking in the mean time  ;)

Thanks Birdy! I've always been a realist...but when I think of the very real possibility that it very well could be up to two years I can't help but think reality bites! I told Shamo something like that, too and it wasn't taken well by him...understandably so...The thing I know at my age, is that time goes really fast and as long as the other sxs aren't bogging me down, I refuse to just sit around and wait for every last sxs to go before I get the courage up to live my life. I'll just live with the tinnitus as I get my life back in order and go out and do those things I'm missing do much.I'm getting used to it now, anyway.... :P

Thanks Birdy! I've always been a realist...but when I think of the very real possibility that it very well could be up to two years I can't help but think reality bites! I told Shamo something like that, too and it wasn't taken well by him...understandably so...The thing I know at my age, is that time goes really fast and as long as the other sxs aren't bogging me down, I refuse to just sit around and wait for every last sxs to go before I get the courage up to live my life. I'll just live with the tinnitus as I get my life back in order and go out and do those things I'm missing do much.I'm getting used to it now, anyway.... :P

Cece that is EXACTLY what you have to do!  Waiting to heal is mentally damaging since your going to allow your mindset to ruin everything all the time.  In that mind set everything from ringing ears to an ingrown toe nail will put your life on hold.  Conditions for perfection are rare in life so it will always be something. 

Put on those ear buds and listen to your favorite nature sounds or songs and start living today.  Healing will happen when ever it happens. :thumbsup:

Besides you have to get out and vote soon :laugh:

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag4/birdman22222/200_zpsjm0i4uwu.gif

Cece that is EXACTLY what you have to do!  Waiting to heal is mentally damaging since your going to allow your mindset to ruin everything all the time.  In that mind set everything from ringing ears to an ingrown toe nail will put your life on hold.  Conditions for perfection are rare in life so it will always be something. 

Put on those ear buds and listen to your favorite nature sounds or songs and start living today.  Healing will happen when ever it happens. :thumbsup:

Besides you have to get out and vote soon :laugh:

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag4/birdman22222/200_zpsjm0i4uwu.gif

Thanks Birdy! You're right! Great photos...ha!... :laugh:

After 9 days I was doing great, T spiked, now on day 12 T is the worst it's been in a while.  Also had some stomach issues today.  If acute is 10 to 14 days I hope to be getting better from here on out.  I will not have T for months or years! I BELIEVE it will go away shortly.

Thanks nyc...you are so right. We are all healing and what's happening with you is fabulous...we'll all get there. I'm just  so proud of you and think we could all take some notes!

Hope you'll stick around awhile after you are better, to share your recommendations to the newbies and to the rest of us who aren't here yet...

Hi CECE, i SAW YOUR SIGNATURE YOU have tinnitus and unsteady feeling,  I have those too.  how will you describe your Tinnitus and unsteady feeling are you taking meds for it, will it help? 

thanks mcm

I had the weirdest experience yesterday. I woke up and as I was getting out of bed, I began hearing a noise in my right ear like brrrrrrrrrrr. Like something vibrating but not fast. It lasted about twenty seconds and I was thinking, "Oh great, a new symptom." But it slowed down and then stopped and I had almost no tinnitus in that ear. Of course it came back after a couple hours but I'm wondering if anyone else has felt this and is it a sign of healing? (Please please please be a sign of healing.  :D)

I had the weirdest experience yesterday. I woke up and as I was getting out of bed, I began hearing a noise in my right ear like brrrrrrrrrrr. Like something vibrating but not fast. It lasted about twenty seconds and I was thinking, "Oh great, a new symptom." But it slowed down and then stopped and I had almost no tinnitus in that ear. Of course it came back after a couple hours but I'm wondering if anyone else has felt this and is it a sign of healing? (Please please please be a sign of healing.  :D)

I guess it's the ear trying to re-tune it's self.  If you can make or find a sound file on YOUTUBE that is similar in pitch and tone and play that sound back to your ear loudly it may do the same thing and give you relief for a while.

Hi CECE, i SAW YOUR SIGNATURE YOU have tinnitus and unsteady feeling,  I have those too.  how will you describe your Tinnitus and unsteady feeling are you taking meds for it, will it help? 

thanks mcm

Hi mcm...

Sorry for not responding sooner. I'd describe my tinnitus as unpredictable right now, meaning I never know how it's going to be from day to day or even hour to hour. At it's worse it's a really high pitched ring and this low 'bee buzzing' at the same time there is a hissing noise going on and all day long it ranges in volume. Last night was a bad night for it. I thought I'd go crazy. Tonight is not much better, I've had my earbuds in and Jango on the computer. But it's still annoying even then and as soon as they go off the air it's so loud, I can hardly take it.

There's a couple OTC drugs I haven't tried yet one is called , Lipo-Flavonoid and there are others on the market, as well ranging from all different prices. I was hesitant about taking anything, but I'm starting to feel desperate. I'm going to be giving one of these a try, soon. You can google 'otc drugs for tinnitus' and it will bring these things up for you and tell you where you can purchase them.

As for being unsteady, that sx has eased up quite a bit and comes and goes. It's one of my least annoying ones right now, At first, like the first month or two, it was one of my worst, I couldn't walk very far without help. Now when it happens I breath through it somehow and I'm able to walk on my own all the time.

Hope this helps even a little...take care and I hope we both find some relief very soon! arggh!  ~CeCe.... :mybuddy:

I took half a paracetamol Wednesday, the first painkiller I've take  in 2 years as I'm really afraid of drugs and it made my hell tinnitus a lot worse and revved my other symptoms up and it wasn't paranoia or stares about taking it as I totally forgot I had within minutes as I'm in so much intense  pain, and my Hyperacusis and tenacious tinnitus are really bad too.

I felt the drug travelling through my system within half  an hour and that's when  I remembered I had taken it a poxy half a pill its unreal, I thought it would be better than taking Codeine but who knows, I'm too worried to try now, and I'm desperate for some relief from this never ending pain :(

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: 

I've used ibuprofen for pain before and it didn't impact my tinnitus. I know aspirin will really rev it up.

I take both ibuprofen and aspirin and the tinnitus stays the same. 

If anyone really wants a full report on the problem read this (14 pages)

benzodiazepine-receptor-deficiency-and-tinnitus

http://www.tinnitusjournal.com/articles/benzodiazepine-receptor-deficiency-and-tinnitus.pdf

Well, here I go. It's been a month and two days since I cold turkeyed Ativan (lorazepam). I really was hoping the tinnitus was temporary, but nope...still here! Some days are louder than others, and today is a loud day. Have had a rough go of it. I saw an audiologist who did confirm some light hearing loss, but refused to fill out paperwork for the Starkey hear now program for me to maybe get some masked since I am lower income and have no health insurance. To make matters worse my primary care doctor wants me to see an ENT, but the one I would have seen was in the same office as my audiologist. So I was refused because i had seen the audiologist already. So, my husband got me into one independent, but more expensive in hopes they might be part of the program. I see them next Tuesday. I hate this...really sad!!