Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

As I type Left Ear is Screaming . Been on bz`s over 20 years and developed it while on them . IMHO it could be a pre existing condition but for sure has gotten worse since I dropped over half my klonopin from 4 mgs to 1.5 mgs and still tapering . PS: am a Logger so maybe the Saws + k taper ~ hell if I know, but sure sucks ! Thankfully just my left ear !

Hi Can do, Do you mean that you did not even cut and developed the loudT?  How bad was it when on 4mg K before the taper?

I was 100% fine until I started tapering but  my left ear is better now but better is not perfect :tickedoff:

Bird, had TT develop while on K  lots worse once I started tapering  is better this morning but headed out to cut with the saws in the woods so will let you know if it gets worse from the noise as I think it has a lot to do with it ? Be well !

Is there anyone who is suffering from a tinitus which is very deep (about 50 hz)? My tinitus is a higher one / are higher ones because they are about 5:-( - but I need to find a machine to overtone a noise in my neighborhood which is hell,- So I wanted to ask if someone here is running a machine like a fan or so to overtone a tinitus because I could use that machine, too..

The ringing ears are killing me and on top I have that "real" noise at night - I nearly go crazy....

Thank you for all suggestions,Marigold

As I type Left Ear is Screaming . Been on bz`s over 20 years and developed it while on them . IMHO it could be a pre existing condition but for sure has gotten worse since I dropped over half my klonopin from 4 mgs to 1.5 mgs and still tapering . PS: am a Logger so maybe the Saws + k taper ~ hell if I know, but sure sucks ! Thankfully just my left ear !

Hi Can do, Do you mean that you did not even cut and developed the loudT?  How bad was it when on 4mg K before the taper?

I was 100% fine until I started tapering but  my left ear is better now but better is not perfect :tickedoff:

Bird, had TT develop while on K  lots worse once I started tapering  is better this morning but headed out to cut with the saws in the woods so will let you know if it gets worse from the noise as I think it has a lot to do with it ? Be well !

Wow CD!!! You should be wearing Ear defenders using that type of equipment for the very reason that noise can cause ear problems.

Some Measured Levels of Noise Produced by Logging Equipment in 1998 http://www.lfpdc.lsu.edu/publications/working_papers/wp58.pdf

Noise Hazards in Forestry

Operations and Selection of

Personal Protective Equipmenthttp://www.forestry.gov.uk/PDF/fctn7.pdf/$FILE/fctn7.pdf

Love Nova xx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

A chain saw is about 110DB!  Hope your wearing ear protection!

Birdy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all  :hug: Has anyone noticed their Hyperacusis is worse the longer they sleep? I had the longest night sleep I've had in a LONG time last night and my ears are fkn  even more than the usual evil today  :(

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova mine is the opposite with tinnitus, if is have a short nap it seems to make my tinnitus very bad but a longer sleep is better.

Annoys me as I drift off for 10 minuets and wake up to squealing ears.

Nova mine is the opposite with tinnitus, if is have a short nap it seems to make my tinnitus very bad but a longer sleep is better.

Annoys me as I drift off for 10 minuets and wake up to squealing ears.

Hi 2T :hug: I have Tenacious tinnitus as well as other ear problem but its the agonising pain caused by the hyperacusis that's most bothersome at the moment, and because of the Tinnitus I sleep on the floor in my lounge with the TV on as its horrendous  :D In an attempt to distract the sound as that effects the hyperacusis I can't turn the TV up so I put subtitles up, and the sound distortion sounds like thier speaking in an alien language in a wind tunnel :D. I also find napping is bad for my tinnitus too ::)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

My TT is always worse after I awake from a nap also. I can have a day where it`s not going crazy like today then take a nap and it`s screaming when I awake, I have wondered what causes this but then again if TT was my worse issue I would be grateful !    ~ CD

My TT is always worse after I awake from a nap also. I can have a day where it`s not going crazy like today then take a nap and it`s screaming when I awake, I have wondered what causes this but then again if TT was my worse issue I would be grateful !     ~ CD

Ain't that the truth  ::)  :smitten:

My TT is always worse after I awake from a nap also. I can have a day where it`s not going crazy like today then take a nap and it`s screaming when I awake, I have wondered what causes this but then again if TT was my worse issue I would be grateful !     ~ CD

Ain't that the truth  ::)  :smitten:

Tinnitus is my only issue and it's bad enough at times to allow me to think of death as a peaceful end,  something to actually look forward too. 

I can't even remember any point in my life where I thought about dying with so much anticipation and even relief and happiness. 

I do not know we all hear the same sound level. 

If I did not know better I'd think my head was stuck inside a 15,000 hp jet engine at full throttle.  I am in my own little world of extreme noise.  At times my tinnitus also manifests directly into physical ear pain that is bad enough to bring me to my knees.  I'd take anxiety any day over Tinnitus of this magnitude.

4.3 years of my life down the tubes with no end in site. :'( :'( :'(

Hi everyone!

There is a member here that posted about TT. She says it is her worst sx. She got very few responses, so I was hoping to pass this on to you guys, thinking maybe you can join in on giving her some advice and encouragement to help her out. The link to her posting is below.  Thanks all. You guys are the best!!

BTW; I did suggest this thread to her, so hopefully she will be joining. Thanks again everyone....~CeCe    :mybuddy:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=166446.msg2222482#msg2222482

In Los Angeles Houseclinic they only do botox for facial paralysis. They deny doing it for anything to do with the ear, for hyperacusis or tinnitus, not to mention palatal myoclonus. They deny ever having gone in through the nose, much less with a tube ''all the way up to the ear next to the tensor tympani''. But Birdman for some odd ''privacy'' reason can't even tell me if what she really had was something else like eustachian tube dysfunction. Is this a joke Birdman, are you pulling my leg? You sure you didn't mean Mexico City? It looks like I've made an idiot of myself in front of other sufferers in a couple other forums chasing a false lead.

And as for ''seeing it on MRI'' like you told me. Seeing what? Aliens? A special brand of Only in LAliens?

Hi everyone!

There is a member here that posted about TT. She says it is her worst sx. She got very few responses, so I was hoping to pass this on to you guys, thinking maybe you can join in on giving her some advice and encouragement to help her out. The link to her posting is below.  Thanks all. You guys are the best!!

BTW; I did suggest this thread to her, so hopefully she will be joining. Thanks again everyone....~CeCe    :mybuddy:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=166446.msg2222482#msg2222482

CC, I feel for the Buddie that has TT as their s/x as stated above I wish it was my biggest s/x but not to sound un sympathetic  I am a Logger and been on K a long time and had it before tapering but lots worse now but a good way to find out if it will most likely stick around is to get a good hearing test and if you have and hearing loss which I do it will for sure stick around if not will most likely fade out over time ! @ The Buddies question I have found nothing that influences the TT But when running saws it drowns it out ! Get a hearing test and see if you have hearing loss mainly the higher frequency type ! Best to all ~CD PS: my TT has been screaming the last few days high squeal !!!!

Hello guys!

How are y'all doing? I have not been to BB lately because somehow it hinders my habituation of this horrific symptom but I just cannot stand it anymore..

It keeps get worse and worse. I'm trying to go on with my life but this symptom keeps getting worse. I have had 3 different sounds but now, as I'm 8 mos in my c/t w/d, I have another new sound in my better ear. Is it normal? Why is there no progress in my w/d? Why do I keep getting worse?

:'(

Hey Beste,

Sorry to learn you are still having such trouble.  I had seen one of your posts that gave me the idea that your T had changed and got the idea that change was for the better -- but guess I misunderstood.

I'm not sure there is a "normal" when it comes to these hearing-related problems.  I'm still having trouble myself, 21 months out from jump now.  It seems like I was getting better, but have had a rough couple of weeks and just had a few days where the T and H were probably as bad as they ever were.  So I don't know.  Has me wondering again if my problems are really due to benzo w/d at all. 

I saw a post I think from CeCe about AudioNotch.  I took a look at their tuner for frequency matching and found it pretty impressive.  I'd be interested in knowing if anyone here has tried the program.  Not sure whether it will work for benzo w/d T, since their FAQs mentions that best candidates are those whose T is the result of noise-induced hearing loss.  But for what it's worth,  that's what I'm looking at right now.

Hang in there!  There are a number of successes that improved after a long, tough bout with these symptoms.  Wishing you the best and hope you feel better soon.

MFlux

Hi all, I am new to the BB forum and am gradually gathering some info re. withdrawal.

I have tinnitus for five years  now , but it didn't start because of withdrawal. At the time, summer 2011, I was taking  Zolpidem ( 3-8 mg) , about one or two times a week on average.  When the tinnitus got really loud and nasty  I started feeling  very anxious , and sometimes even panicking, so that is when I got Diazepam prescribed by my GP.

Gradually I got used to the hissing and high pitches or low buzzing sounds , I never thought this would be possible ! Meditation was helpful during this process . The tinnitus is not constantly the same and sometimes it bothers me more than at other times.  But you could say I have learnt to live with it quite well.

I am also familiar with ear pressure, feeling as if the ears are blocked, hyperaccusis episodes, bouts of vertigo , all happening since 2012 , when I was taking Diazepam ( 2-5 mg, not on a daily basis) . It seemed related to peri-menopausal hormonal fluctuations ( Tinnitus often starts at  menopause)

Anyway, now I stopped taking  Diazepam, four weeks ago. And I notice an increase of tinnitus, mainly the low buzzing has increased, . Let's hope it is temporary !

Did any of you have Tinnitus before withdrawal ?

Hi all, I am new to the BB forum and am gradually gathering some info re. withdrawal.

I have tinnitus for five years  now , but it didn't start because of withdrawal. At the time, summer 2011, I was taking  Zolpidem ( 3-8 mg) , about one or two times a week on average.  When the tinnitus got really loud and nasty  I started feeling  very anxious , and sometimes even panicking, so that is when I got Diazepam prescribed by my GP.

Gradually I got used to the hissing and high pitches or low buzzing sounds , I never thought this would be possible ! Meditation was helpful during this process . The tinnitus is not constantly the same and sometimes it bothers me more than at other times.  But you could say I have learnt to live with it quite well.

I am also familiar with ear pressure, feeling as if the ears are blocked, hyperaccusis episodes, bouts of vertigo , all happening since 2012 , when I was taking Diazepam ( 2-5 mg, not on a daily basis) . It seemed related to peri-menopausal hormonal fluctuations ( Tinnitus often starts at  menopause)

Anyway, now I stopped taking  Diazepam, four weeks ago. And I notice an increase of tinnitus, mainly the low buzzing has increased, . Let's hope it is temporary !

Did any of you have Tinnitus before withdrawal ?

Hi Kiruna,

Welcome!  I had it occasionally before w/d -- but NOTHING like this! Thanks for your tip on meditating. I've gotta try that one. Some days, I feel like it's going to drive me out of my mind....I've said before it's my worst sx and I think it is! It even outweighs the horrendous anxiety.  Hope to see you on here.

~CeCe      :mybuddy:

Hello guys!

How are y'all doing? I have not been to BB lately because somehow it hinders my habituation of this horrific symptom but I just cannot stand it anymore..

It keeps get worse and worse. I'm trying to go on with my life but this symptom keeps getting worse. I have had 3 different sounds but now, as I'm 8 mos in my c/t w/d, I have another new sound in my better ear. Is it normal? Why is there no progress in my w/d? Why do I keep getting worse?

I have been waiting 2.5 years for improvement and with tinnitus healing can be very slow. change is good so it's a great sign.

Masking with white noise and crickets sounds via era buds and an MP3 player (my ipod) have saved my life.  You can find thousands of tinnitus helper sounds on Youtube.com

Then download the sounds on http://www.listentoyoutube.com  and drag them onto your iphone, andriod or SD card on cheap mp3 player and get relief. :thumbsup:

Goog luck :smitten:

Hello guys!

I have been waiting 2.5 years for improvement and with tinnitus healing can be very slow. change is good so it's a great sign.

Masking with white noise and crickets sounds via era buds and an MP3 player (my ipod) have saved my life.  You can find thousands of tinnitus helper sounds on Youtube.com

Then download the sounds on http://www.listentoyoutube.com  and drag them onto your iphone, andriod or SD card on cheap mp3 player and get relief. :thumbsup:

Thank you for that link I did not know how to bring that on my MP3 player!!!!!!

Hello guys!

Thank you for that link I did not know how to bring that on my MP3 player!!!!!!

Glad to help :thumbsup:

Hi T peeps,  i'm new to this board, CT'd from Klonopin June 2016, reinstated a week later and have had T constantly during my 3.5 month taper.  Since I got below .16 it has been great but had a huge wave at .07, so I'm holding before jumping off of K.  Supplements haven't really helped but I've taken gingko, magnesium, chamomile tea, etc. 

I hope this goes way soon, but i'm prepared for the fact that the CT might have done damage. I can't wait to hear your stories and hopefully recovery is part of it.

Hi T peeps,  i'm new to this board, CT'd from Klonopin June 2016, reinstated a week later and have had T constantly during my 3.5 month taper.  Since I got below .16 it has been great but had a huge wave at .07, so I'm holding before jumping off of K.  Supplements haven't really helped but I've taken gingko, magnesium, chamomile tea, etc. 

I hope this goes way soon, but i'm prepared for the fact that the CT might have done damage. I can't wait to hear your stories and hopefully recovery is part of it.

C/T can't do permanent damage. C/T's just make everything worse.  Too bad you did not get stable after your C/T attempt.  It takes about 1 to 3 months for the ears to settle down after a C/T.

Also tinnitus gets worse at the end of tapers or jumps because people go too fast. 

People that go exponentially slower the lower they get in the taper have less T problems.

Thanks Birdman, I've noticed that.  But having been on K for only 4 months, and the taper being 4 months, I couldn't have gone any slower IMO.  But I didn't know it gets bad at the end, maybe that's just it for me

Thanks Birdman, I've noticed that.  But having been on K for only 4 months, and the taper being 4 months, I couldn't have gone any slower IMO.  But I didn't know it gets bad at the end, maybe that's just it for me

I know people around here that did 5 MG Valium for 2 months and tapered for 18 months.  You have to taper by how you feel.  Its always harder to get off than to get on.

your logical mind says  "4 months on means a 4 month taper"  Truth is your gabaA receptors never got a lesson in logical thinking and DOWN regulation goes quick while UP REGULATION is much slower.