Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

[Ri...]

"Anxiety will dominate your life without benzos, I cant live without them"

Not only is it a benzo lie, its complete and utter BS. Although I still have my spurts of symptoms, my main fear when I ended the poison was that I would never be able to manage without the pills.. I am proving that wrong, as we ALL are..God Bless you all.

I would like to speak to this "lie". At 34 months out from last dose of klonopin, I still believe that I cannot live very well without something to calm my anxiety.

Am I an anomaly or is this truly a lie? I still have a serious problem with all sorts of anxiety issues.

Katia,

I found this book whilst surfing anxiety.  I bought a copy and actually found it quite good.  It's worth a try for you.  It sure can't hurt.  Wishing you the best.

http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone help me bust mine?

These are the few that just won't go away.

1. You are going to have a seizure since you C/T. Yes 2 1/2 months later you can still have one!

2. I c't'd from a high dose so I am going to die, I'm not like all these other people on this website.

3. I'm stuck like this permanently.

4. I am giving myself ALS.

Please help :(

Can someone help me bust mine?

These are the few that just won't go away.

1. You are going to have a seizure since you C/T. Yes 2 1/2 months later you can still have one!

2. I c't'd from a high dose so I am going to die, I'm not like all these other people on this website.

Ang  :hug: read the thread from the start, loads of people had the same fear's as you on here and found out it was just the effect the benzo and withdrawal/healing has and now the lie is busted. None of it is true and your okay and will get better and none of this will matter any more in time but just know what your thinking is a chemical induced trick of the mind all ''benzo lies'' that won't come true  :)

Love Nova XXX  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi love,  :hug: I can imagine how you are suffering.....been in the same boat.

I've never seen someone here have a seizure so far out....so please

put your mind at peace.

Its tough....Benzo brain...thoughts ...have been ''hijacked '' temporarily,

way to go till those '' terrorists '' have gone for good which they will.

Sending you strength and hope, you will get better and better ...

its a matter of time.....how unfair.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi love,  :hug: I can imagine how you are suffering.....been in the same boat.

I've never seen someone here have a seizure so far out....so please

put your mind at peace.

Its tough....Benzo brain...thoughts ...have been ''hijacked '' temporarily,

way to go till those '' terrorists '' have gone for good which they will.

Sending you strength and hope, you will get better and better ...

its a matter of time.....how unfair.

I fully understand the feeling of despair that ang1111 is expressing. I feel it too today, even at 3 years, 1 month and some odd days off. My thoughts are still hijacked daily and last night had a terrible night with insomnia and frightening hallucinations in the middle of the night that jolted me out of the bed. How do you remain hopeful that this is all going away after so long?

I fully understand the feeling of despair that ang1111 is expressing. I feel it too today, even at 3 years, 1 month and some odd days off. My thoughts are still hijacked daily and last night had a terrible night with insomnia and frightening hallucinations in the middle of the night that jolted me out of the bed. How do you remain hopeful that this is all going away after so long?

I spoke to an Anaesthetist some time ago, he wasn't surprised at all

about Protracted wd etc. ...I can't repeat what he said cos its so

complicated. However, it can take up to seven years for  our nervous

system to finish the regeneration process ....depending on the amount of time and dosage....c/t (which can be a big shock) , kindling etc.

One could say...Benzos are like a mini anaesthetic ...thats why they work like magic. ???

I'm sorry you are still suffering too...its so tough...unbelievable,

keep going please....its the only way. :smitten:

I re-read the beginning of the post.  Thank you for such an uplifting list of Benzo lies.  Hope is what we all need.  Wishing all of you healing.  :-*

The lies are running rampant today....

I slept good last night which is usually a good start but then woke up

Blurry eyed

Depressed all the great symptoms

Driving yes difficult!! Thinking

Is this Ever going to end

Will my life ever be normal

Will my energy return

Did I taper too quickly

The list goes on and on today

Not in a good place!!

I keep gettng heart palpitations in the morning when I begin to wake up. I'm stuck at .5 mm xanax & 25 Mm ultram. Going abroad in August & want off. No doctor. Fear? Yes.

Numbing of hands. Tight chest. Maybe should get back on regular yoga.

Thoughts on all this?

You're going completely crazy.

This one is scary. But I force myself to remember my windows and then I realize all of this high-anxiety related non-sense is just that - non-sense.

In much better place than in last post. Was feeling down this but seeing that I have stabilized somewhat is encouraging. It is crazy stuff. Hold fast, is all.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you River Wolf,

This is a list of lies Fliprain wrote for me during a time of depression

Big Fat Benzo Lies,

1. I'm different. I'll never heal fully.

2. I will grow old and die alone.

3. I'll never be able to support myself again.

4. Why is everyone else feeling good and doing more and I'm not?

5. I tapered too fast, too slow.

6. I was kindled, poly drugged...it's different for me.

7. These symptoms  can't be just benzos. I must have a horrible disease.

8. I'm ok right now, but down the road, I'm going to have an event that sets me back.

9. My CNS is fried and will never really recover.

10. I have wasted my life.

Molly :smitten:

molly, this post was so encouraging. especially the part where t said that when we heal, still tjenf eating a set back, but no, we will get to the finish line and stay there. I'm so glad other people have this fear too. thank youolly. we will win xxx

Today I woke up and when I put my feet to the floor, they felt tingling.  So of course, I must have something really wrong with me.  One day I will not be able to walk, even though today I walked a mile and had no more tingling.  Also, I am letting everyone down by not having a paying job.  I take care of my home and cook/clean and care for my 16 year old granddaughter, but still feel not worthy.  I also have a friend that has healed after being on benzos for 17 years.  I only took them for 6 months a small dose, so there must be something terribly wrong with me that I haven't healed after 13 months benzo free.  Also, I must be going crazy.

As you can see, I haven't been very nice to myself today.  struggling with the lies.  BIG LIES! I have felt relieved to see what others think.  Wishing all of you recovery.  :-*

Today I woke up and when I put my feet to the floor, they felt tingling.  So of course, I must have something really wrong with me.  One day I will not be able to walk, even though today I walked a mile and had no more tingling.  Also, I am letting everyone down by not having a paying job.  I take care of my home and cook/clean and care for my 16 year old granddaughter, but still feel not worthy.  I also have a friend that has healed after being on benzos for 17 years.  I only took them for 6 months a small dose, so there must be something terribly wrong with me that I haven't healed after 13 months benzo free.  Also, I must be going crazy.

As you can see, I haven't been very nice to myself today.  struggling with the lies.  BIG LIES! I have felt relieved to see what others think.  Wishing all of you recovery.  :-*

Dear Arkansas1122

You are being hard on yourself honey!! I can walk the mike with you but the taking care of a younger person, I don't have the confidence sometimes to take care of myself. I have heard dropping a gram a week of temazapam is no problem...for me it is?

Hang in there, we all are learning to love and accept who we are at this very moment. We will heal and we will get through this!!

Faith

I will be this way the rest of my life with this depersonalization.    :'(

I went kayaking and walked a mile this morning.  Getting there one day at a time and tell the benzo lie to "hush".  Best wishes to all. :-*

• 2 weeks later...

Benzo Lie #241 -

I will never love life again.

Busted . .

I've moved to Hawaii and I am loving my life more than ever now.

If you are still struggling  -. Keep pushing ahead and even though you can't see it now your life will turn around for the better.

I am living proof it is possible to go from hopeless to Happy

. . . And you are next

River :smitten:

Benzo Lie #241 -

I am living proof it is possible to go from hopeless to Happy...

Great news River.......so happy for you. :smitten:

Benzo Lie #241 -

I am living proof it is possible to go from hopeless to Happy...

Great news River.......so happy for you. :smitten:

Hello Claudia, I love you :hug: I hope you are doing better than I read recently and that your awful wave is much better  :therethere:

River Wolf, I am really please for you  :hug: Hawaii is beautiful, long may your enjoyment of life keep growning. :thumbsup:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: