Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

[Ri...]

Hi River and buddies

These thoughts keep torturing me all the time. They fluctuate from one to another. Do you think they are benzo lies or just my average worry.

1. I will never conquer my fear of electricity (not even after withdrawal)

2. This is no way withdrawal, I must be psychotic or have another serious mental illness that my shrink has not spotted.

3. I will never leave this house again drive, shop etc.

4. I cannot visit family unless they leave the electric off for me. How many people are going to do that?

5. What if I have to go into hospital

, they aren't going to turn the electric off. I will have to die here at home.

6. What will I do if Gwyn dies first? Who will look after me.

There are lots like this but I can't list them all. Does anyone think benzo withdrawal is playing a part in all these negative thoughts. I'worried because I have always been a worrier. Could this just be me?

Thanks so much.

GG

Hi River and buddies

These thoughts keep torturing me all the time. They fluctuate from one to another. Do you think they are benzo lies or just my average worry.

1. I will never conquer my fear of electricity (not even after withdrawal)

2. This is no way withdrawal, I must be psychotic or have another serious mental illness that my shrink has not spotted.

3. I will never leave this house again drive, shop etc.

4. I cannot visit family unless they leave the electric off for me. How many people are going to do that?

5. What if I have to go into hospital

, they aren't going to turn the electric off. I will have to die here at home.

6. What will I do if Gwyn dies first? Who will look after me.

There are lots like this but I can't list them all. Does anyone think benzo withdrawal is playing a part in all these negative thoughts. I'worried because I have always been a worrier. Could this just be me?

Thanks so much.

GG

I can help you cure your fear of electricity - with NLp pm me ok?

it sounds like wd to me - I was just like that with the intrusive thoughts and psychotic feelings.

Your fears are magnified by the excess glutamate - i know how bad it is . . .I am so sorry . . . hold on and just get through the next hour. . . and then do it again. . .

.that is how I made it.

I think this is all due to wd. . . you sound just like i did . . . and now I'm better . . .  :thumbsup:  your turn is coming - hold on please. . .  . please . . .you will love your new life when it comes to you .

River

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Benzo Lie #223 - I will never be going on a vacation to paradise ever again - I am done having fun.

i am currently planning a trip to Hawaii. I feel good and I can't wait to get back to Maui where I used to live.

If someone would have told me during my wd that I was going back to Hawaii - just to have fun - I would have said they are as crazy as I was. . .

If you are thinking that your best days are behind you and the benzos have destroyed any possibility of a wonderful life in your future . . . .

. . . it is another BENZO LIE.

Don't be fooled by the voice in your head that has you believing it's over. It's not over for you - you are just being totally seduced by your withdrawal symptoms that include delusional thoughts of a bleak future. This negative thinking is completely normal, and it is temporary.

When you get better Morreweg, wanna come with me? ? ? You will have to put up with 18 hours of bags of peanuts and that tiny little powder room, but it will be worth it to be in paradise and have a second chance at a wonderful life.

Woo hoo! . . . it's fantastic to be feeling better, and your turn is coming - please don't give up if you are suffering badly.

River  :smitten:

Come to Hawaii ....River ?

I'd love to, never mind the 19 hours flight ....will be a piece of cake compared

to This Benzo hell.

Haha....i got something to focus on now....must recover quickly....

Aloha ...here we come. ;)

My husbands in Hawaii right now on business. I could have gone with him but I'm suffering with anxiety, depression,and yes, extremely negative thinking. I'm 19 months out  Don't know how much more I can take. My life is passing me by. I want to jump back into it but can't. I can hardly do anything!!

I'd give anything to be the person I was before the pills. God help us all!!

You will get your life back, don't worry...

It just feels like you're done.

I was certain that my life was over and now I'm better and your turn will come too

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for bumping this- it really helps me to know that I am not alone in my scary thoughts. What a great thread, thank you! :smitten:

Yeah, it's one thing to survive benzo w/d, but it's the other crap in life that pushes me over the edge. And that's no lie.

you know what guys...

i always believed that my husband was the Best Man in the World

that he will never ever hurt me ...

that he will be always there for me...

he would made fun of me that i was not aware of some bible lines

and that he was expert in Faith questions...

that his faith was stronger than mines...

and then he goes and cheats on me with loose woman from his work

who slept with his american coworker as well...

he kicked me out, he put all blame on me and my wd...

i was on my knees kissing his feet to give me last chance,

he dropped to me,

you F stop it or psych ward unit will come and lock you

you psycho...

he couldn't tell into my face that he was cheating on me over a year now...

so many revelations...

v

vasilisa, came across your post and just want to say i am sorry that you went thru this and that an ilness was used against you it seems to happen to alot of people !Stay Well ~CD

• 2 weeks later...