Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

[Ri...]

Good one Freida. So often I feel like a 13 year old girl when I get all neurotic and hurt about things like that. Those are the lies that bounce around inside so we need to keep reminding ourselves that this is what they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Among those you all listed, a big fat benzo lie for me was:  if someone doesn't return my call or text, it must mean I've done something wrong or that they hate me and are so sick of my complaints that they dread calling me back.  Also, that my own children despised me because, in my mind, they never call and just don't care. 

Such hurtful lies, and I believed it - hook, line, and sinker.

The fact is that people get busy and don't have a sense of urgency to return phone calls after an exhausting day, and adult kids get busy with their own lives and don't really think about me all day like I think (obsess) about them.

Love this topic.

Well said, freida. So true. I try to help my own precious momma to understand this about her children (including me, of course). It's not that we aren't thinking about her or have forgotten her. Her kids are just as busy as she was in her "prime". I try to let her know as often as I can how much I love her, but that's all I can do.

My biggest benzo lie right now is that I will never sleep normally again. Has anyone busted this one??

Yess me, but it took 24 months .....it was a big struggle. 8 hours unbroken sleep

after 2 years....no meds, no supplements. A gift from heaven....timing varies....

I hope it will happen to you soon.  :)

Thanks Morreweg... do you sleep 8 hours every night??

Yep , 7-8 hours....but the times of staying up late are over for me.

10pm sharp.....off to bed, no mobile...no TV....everything off and good night.  ;)

Hi morreweg,

Can you please tell me how bad your insomnia was? 

Also, are you close to being healed now?  Or at least much better than say the first 2 years?  I'm 19 months out and suffering as though I never left acute.  The severe spells happen about 40% of each month.  If only I could sleep, I would be feeling so much better.

Hi morreweg,

Can you please tell me how bad your insomnia was? 

Also, are you close to being healed now?  Or at least much better than say the first 2 years?  I'm 19 months out and suffering as though I never left acute.  The severe spells happen about 40% of each month.  If only I could sleep, I would be feeling so much better.

Hi love , my insomnia was very very bad because thats the reason I was put

on a  Benzo in the first place....long term user (10years) and then a brutal detox....

and God knows how many c/t when I wanted to stop this crap but was clueless.

I hardly slept  for over a year...full blown toxic sleep ....after around 14 months  off

I had the brilliant idea to work out a sleeping plan. Means I started to go to bed at

9pm , everything switched off....and layed there for hours till I fell  asleep.

I continued no matter what....and eventually as each month went by....my hours of sleep increased till it turned back to normal at around 24 months off.

It was damn hard believe me....but worth the effort.

And no...I'm not healed because I have terrible nerve pain and physical sxs like

skin problems, vision and splitting headaches etc....my immune system is down....it takes a long time to build it up again....but no mental sxs like anxiety etc...thats gone for good.

Pointless comparing yourself with me....I'm different .

Stay strong please and keep going....24 months seems to be a magic turning point

for many.  :)

Thanks Morreweg... do you sleep 8 hours every night??

Yep , 7-8 hours....but the times of staying up late are over for me.

10pm sharp.....off to bed, no mobile...no TV....everything off and good night.  ;)

What? No longer a party gal, C? :laugh:

Thank you Morreweg for sharing your experience with us. Hope your healing continues to get better and better...

Thank you teegirl.... :)

Thanks River  ;)

I read your last log post.  Seems to me that the key to success is having a positive attitude.  I'm feeling a tad better today, I realize that my "depression" does have a chemical basis behind it. Some days it's just really bad for no apparent reason. I know that I have come miles from where I began here.

Thanks for the encouraging posts!  ;) ;) ;)

One day this demon has to let me go!!!  :sick:

:smitten:

. . . actually the point I wanted to make was just the opposite -

. . .  when the symptoms are overwhelming and you are certain that there is no hope keep on going regardless and your healing will come even though you can not believe it.

River  :smitten:

Strangely  I randomly got on this page at this very post. Much needed and I will take that message and believe I am supposed to read at this moment in time.

C:

I know you promised never to take nasty meds but if your nerve pain is so bad, have you considered taking a short term dose of Lyrica? Either way, I hope you get out of hell's waiting room. :mybuddy:

C:

I know you promised never to take nasty meds but if your nerve pain is so bad, have you considered taking a short term dose of Lyrica? Either way, I hope you get out of hell's waiting room. :mybuddy:

Thanks Bets, Pregabalin ? ......after the charming psych. cocktail they gave me at the Detox Hospital....I'm too scared to take anything....what a mess, hey ?  ???

C:

Thanks Bets, Pregabalin ? ......after the charming psych. cocktail they gave me at the Detox Hospital....I'm too scared to take anything....what a mess, hey ?  ???

Yea, I forgot all about the ton of crap they gave you at the hospital. No wonder you are feeling like S***. :'( Yes, quite a mess. I wonder when it will be my turn? ???

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going to start reading this daily❤️ This is the hope we all need so desperately. Amazing.

I quite agree!! Please keep posting your busted lies, the more they get busted, the more hope we find!  :smitten: