Benzo Lies That Have Been Busted

[Ri...]

• 2 weeks later...

Hope someone can bust this one for me: The bloated pregnant looking belly is here to stay.

I've lost some weight since I jumped nearly a year ago, but not enough to make a good dent in the belly. Hope someone further along can say it goes down.

Hope someone can bust this one for me: The bloated pregnant looking belly is here to stay.

I've lost some weight since I jumped nearly a year ago, but not enough to make a good dent in the belly. Hope someone further along can say it goes down.

Mine has gone down a fair amount! It was bad while tapering off K and gently subsided... so it is definitely one of those benzo-things!!  :thumbsup:

Yours will go too. I know you've nearly been off a year, but as you know, we all have different pesky symptoms... and that is just what it is, a pesky symptom. Be ready to bid it farewell  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Thank you River,

I so needed this right now.  I'm actually typing through my tears, as all of these lies are in my head today.  They are JUST LIES!  I will beat this and get better, and be happy again.

KK

*bump*

To where Nova?  :laugh: :laugh:

I hear Iceland is cool  :socool: this time of year Bets ;).... :laugh:  :smitten:

http://78.media.tumblr.com/43a58fa634dfc90ef4951b9b860571c7/tumblr_n2pbj03PHu1qdghoso1_500.jpg

Icelandic Wrecking Ball

Örvar Helgason a sailor on the Icelandic trawler Höfrungur III sent his friends this photo of himself hanging on the “wrecking ball” somewhere off the south coast of Iceland. There is no reason not to have a little fun when the winter seas aren’t too rough.

Don't fancy yours much though  :D....... :laugh:

...if somebody had told me a year ago that I would be taking dancing classes from 6-7.30 PM, I would have never believed them. My life was quite simply ruled by limitations due to """my meds""". I could do things in the morning but nothing in the afternoon or evening. I had to eat something at 3pm and then sleep. Then zombie through whatever was left of the day, eat and go to bed. That was my "life" for the past 3 years. And it felt so incredibly permanent. There was no way out, none that I could see anyway. A bit as if I was getting a window in the morning and then a wave from 2 pm onwards. I could absolutely not change things round. My body and brain would not let me...

Benzo-lie busted  :thumbsup:

Here's to busting many more  :yippee: and regaining freedom from all "meds"  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:smitten: :smitten:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[3e...]
I'm glad I found this thread, I wish I had found it while I was in accute times. Thanks for everyone busting the haunting benzo lies.

More benzo lies that have been busted -

I will never have fun again

I will never feel the joy of life again

I will never be interested in hobbies again

I will not be able to forgive myself for starting on benzos

Benzo lies, all of them.

Keep going, you WILL get better even though you don't believe it.

River :smitten:

[3e...]

Benzo lies, all of them.

YEEESS!! This is so true.  :thumbsup:    :smitten:

Benzo lies, all of them.

Thank you River!!  I’m having a hard day today and this helps so much :hug:  I’m all teary eyed. 

• 2 weeks later...

That my significant other loves me less.

That I will lose everything

That I will not wake up

That I am dying

All daily lies benzos tell me...I use positive self talk, all day long to fight these lies away.

And at the end of the day when my spouse comes home and hugs me up and asks me how I'm feeling and if I need help with anything, when he texts me from work to tell me he'll be here with me through it all, and when it's finally over (and it will be) we will truly be all set to make our lives exactly what we dream. Benzos may lie, but the people who Truly love us don't. Benzos may lie to me but my sweet  7 year old black lab who been with me through it all, never lies, he only loves unapologetically because he knows my struggle.  He's laid his 120lbs of luxurious black glossy body on me in the midst of body tremors and stared into my eyes unblinkingly concerned.

Truths I tell myself

I'm not alone

I'm worth the suffering

I will be ok, better than ok!

I have people (and non-people) that love me unconditionally 

Each window I have I get closer to the self I idolize

I am STILL that person

It's ok to be vulnerable

It's good to cry

It's even better to laugh

I became a seeker of truth through this unfortunate path I've taken and when I reach the end of this journey, I know I'll be packed to the brim with strength that I hope to share with everyone who gave me theirs.

That my significant other loves me less.

That I will lose everything

That I will not wake up

That I am dying

All daily lies benzos tell me...I use positive self talk, all day long to fight these lies away.

And at the end of the day when my spouse comes home and hugs me up and asks me how I'm feeling and if I need help with anything, when he texts me from work to tell me he'll be here with me through it all, and when it's finally over (and it will be) we will truly be all set to make our lives exactly what we dream. Benzos may lie, but the people who Truly love us don't. Benzos may lie to me but my sweet  7 year old black lab who been with me through it all, never lies, he only loves unapologetically because he knows my struggle.  He's laid his 120lbs of luxurious black glossy body on me in the midst of body tremors and stared into my eyes unblinkingly concerned.

Truths I tell myself

I'm not alone

I'm worth the suffering

I will be ok, better than ok!

I have people (and non-people) that love me unconditionally 

Each window I have I get closer to the self I idolize

I am STILL that person

It's ok to be vulnerable

It's good to cry

It's even better to laugh

I became a seeker of truth through this unfortunate path I've taken and when I reach the end of this journey, I know I'll be packed to the brim with strength that I hope to share with everyone who gave me theirs.

Beautifull!!!!!

My brain lies to me and tells me I need medication to function, I'll never feel joy or relaxed again, I think I am destined to suffer forever and will never get to have kids or travel the world and do all the things I have dreamed of doing

My brain lies to me and tells me I need medication to function, I'll never feel joy or relaxed again, I think I am destined to suffer forever and will never get to have kids or travel the world and do all the things I have dreamed of doing

Songbird,

Are these things that you’re feeling again - joy and relaxation?

Thank you and much love,

Uni

No not currently but when I felt healed a Frenchie months ago everything came back so I know it can happen

Then it’s just up around the bend.  How wonderful that you felt the feeling of healed.  Sooner than later it will be the new normal.  ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

The lie:  All doctor's are unaware, unsympathetic, and stupid.... that's the lie.  I've had many docs throughout this journey either be aware of benzo wd and/or want to learn a lot more.  Here's one story...

Here's my truth (also posted on my blog):

I've posted about my gynecologist before on my personal blog... which sounds strange on BB... but here's why I've posted about her.

My gyne was the first doctor to warn me about benzos, long-term use, etc.  When I went to see her for the first time 2.5 years ago, the utter horror and shock on her face said it all - "you've been on Klonopin for 8 years? and this was prescribed to you for 8 years?"  And then she spent an hour with me discussing everything benzo.  It was the first time I knew that everything I was feeling mentally and physically was K and it started me on this journey.  Granted it took quite a while to work up the courage to start the taper....

I see her every 6 - 12 months where she is consistently supportive and encouraging. 

Today was no different, of course.  I went in for my appointment and she had this huge smile on her face.  She sat down across from me in her office and said, "You jumped in December?!  I'm SO proud of you!"  And wow, that felt so amazing.  Because she knows how incredibly hard this journey is and how strong you have to be to get through it.  She also went on to tell me to be patient, that it could take a couple of years before I feel "healed" and that feeling of joy I once had will return (among many other things).

There are angels among us.  She is one of them.