• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I cut from 0.45 to 0.37. I hold at 0.37 for 16 days. I was getting worse. Days from 10 to 16 were horrible. Then at day 17 i started cutting slightly to 0.32 in 5 days and started feeling better. Now i am at 0.3 and my symptoms are managable.

Lastisland,

So glad you are doing better!  Hang in there.  Next year we will look back at this time and it will be a distant memory. 

Latis, I am so relieved. These drugs make no sense. I am glad the little extra reduction got you over the hump.

Good work everyone.

Many of you are near the end, and I have far to go. I will soon see you folks all showing up in post taper, and will have to make new friends. Sad to lose the camaraderie, but happy for all of you.

You folks are amazing!

Latis, I am so relieved. These drugs make no sense. I am glad the little extra reduction got you over the hump.

Good work everyone.

Many of you are near the end, and I have far to go. I will soon see you folks all showing up in post taper, and will have to make new friends. Sad to lose the camaraderie, but happy for all of you.

You folks are amazing!

I won’t want to lost touch! Your help and plethora of information and encouragement is what keeps a lot of us going! I’ll want to keep cheering you on too!  :smitten:  I got to 40% less on my birthday which was March 4th! Was a nice birthday present to myself. I still have far to go but I was happy with that. Glad everyone is doing so well. Hang in there you warriors. You can do this!

Wonderwoman so happy for you.  Happy belated Birthday 🎂

Thank you so much!  I appreciate it and it means a lot to me! :smitten:

we, how are your sx’s ?  You are really make great progress!

Thank you Seasalt! My symptoms are pretty manageable. I get some dizziness, dry eyes and blurry vision once in awhile, some burning nerves, and some sinus pressure that comes and goes. I have some muscle tightness and clenching jaw, and sometimes I get a headache. I have absolutely no anxiety at all. Which isn’t why I took it to begin with. I took it as a muscle relaxer per the doctor. But as I became in withdrawal and tolerant to it when I didn’t realize it I did have anxiety. It sucked. I sometimes have a racing mind that doesn’t want to shut off, but I otherwise do decent. There have been a few days where I got teary and a little in the dumps, but I snapped out of it quickly. I distract as much as I can and stay busy. There are some nights I don’t sleep the best but compared to others I still get more hours than them so don’t want to complain. Enough about me.....How have you been doing? You have to be coming along nicely too. You’ve made great progress lately it sounds like. My doctor isn’t sure if the dry eyes is left over from Covid or from the benzo withdrawal. I also am having a lot of hair loss and they have been seeing that with people after they had been sick with Covid. I think it’s a combo of that and the benzo. I’m getting close to 45% less. I just can’t wait to be off this crap. I can’t wait to celebrate that. I do have a trip to Yellowstone coming up and may have to hold the week before that and during the 8 days we’re gone. We’ll see. Sometimes I feel better when I’m reducing. It’s the darndest thing. I don’t understand it. It’s by know means comfortable to taper but it sometimes just feels better than holding. Strange I know. Hope you are well! Hugs!  :smitten:

Hello WW,

First let me say how blessed you are not to have anxiety or panic!!!

I think thee red hair loss may be a sx of the withdrawal as I had that pretty bad for a while.  Like you I have had all the sx’s you mentioned, some are worse than others.  I have managed them and I am still working full time.

Like you (and everyone else) I just want to be off of them too.  Dosing down again today..

• 1 month later...

Dave,

I am glad you have posted.  First I want to say how sorry I am for all your loss and what you have had to endure.  I can’t even imagine how you feel at this point.

I am so pleased you have made the plunge to discontinue this drug.  Please know you have support here.  I completely understand the sensitivities, I have them also. 

Please stay strong, you will survive this too.

[ce...]

Sincere thanks, SeaSalt, for such a warm welcome and genuine understanding. So relieved to read your response! I think just coming here to post my progress for others who know how hard tapering xanax can be will help me a lot.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After 5 months and a half of 0.25 Xanax I went cold turkey last week but felt so bad I went back to half pill but it wasn’t enough and now I’m using a liquid solution also so I take half pill and 3 drops and that’s the equivalent of 80% of a full dose. I still don’t feel very well my head is very light and I feel dizzy and confused and I noticed it gets worse while I’m eating, does someone know why?

I wish I could go one day without Xanax. Today is Saturday and I am feeling okay, although I know the clock is always ticking and time is running out. My Mother is my only life boat and I know she will not be around forever. I just found this support website and this is my first time trying to navigate the waters without feeling like my ship is and has already sank. Thanks, PLH or PeaceLuvHappiness

Enzoit,

I think you made the right decision, however a 30 reduction is huge in my book.  If you feel ok over the next week I would continue to dose down.  You will be done before you know it.  Try to stay as stable with your doses as possible.

Peace love happiness,

You can do this!  You have support here.  Please post any questions you have.  Small steps...

Thanks for your reply, I’m thinking to take 8 drops, so like 0.2 in 4 different times taking 2 drops each time : like 2pm, 6pm, 10pm, 2am. Is that a good way to reduce my symptoms?

I’m not sure.  I started dosing 2.5 percent of my dose per week (total of 20 percent per month).  It has worked well, I am down 75 percent of my original dose.  I am at .125 per day divided into two doses morning and night.  You have to find a plan that your body responds well.

It has been so long to get off this small dose, but it was necessary for me.  I started at .50mg per day, I am now at .125.

You can do this!!

I am so glad people are posting on this thread again. I am going with my liquid taper as long as it works for me. I mix my solution so that it is 1ml = .01mg of Xanax. I should be able to jump when I get to .01mg once a day but that is a long ways off. My biggest symptom is insomnia followed by anxiety. Creating a liquid and using a syringe to create my doses seems easiest to me. I wish you all the best success with your tapering method and the fastest healing possible although I know time is the only true healer. I take melatonin every night although I am not sure if it is helping or not. I sleep very little. I want to be as med free as possible. I have to take thyroid meds and I have to take an antipsychotic or I wind up having an episode and going to the hospital. Xanax just stopped working for me and I started having interdose WD 5 weeks ago and that is why I am getting off of it. I took a 2mg Xanax to sleep and it didn't do anything but cause my heart to pound and I stayed awake. I have also taken Ambien about 10 times in my life and even 10mg Ambien wouldn't put me to sleep. My brain is fried from Xanax and now I have to put the time in to heal.

Anyway, if you are getting off Xanax, please keep posting here so we can support each other. Xanax is a unique drug with it's power and ability to cause dependence/tolerance.

HM

Thanks I’m trying to decide if it’s better to divide the 0.2 in 3 or 4 doses, being in drops if I took it 3 times it would be like 3 drops at 2pm, 3 drops at 8pm and 2 at 2am. I’m going to see if it works well for me

I am so glad people are posting on this thread again. I am going with my liquid taper as long as it works for me. I mix my solution so that it is 1ml = .01mg of Xanax. I should be able to jump when I get to .01mg once a day but that is a long ways off. My biggest symptom is insomnia followed by anxiety. Creating a liquid and using a syringe to create my doses seems easiest to me. I wish you all the best success with your tapering method and the fastest healing possible although I know time is the only true healer. I take melatonin every night although I am not sure if it is helping or not. I sleep very little. I want to be as med free as possible. I have to take thyroid meds and I have to take an antipsychotic or I wind up having an episode and going to the hospital. Xanax just stopped working for me and I started having interdose WD 5 weeks ago and that is why I am getting off of it. I took a 2mg Xanax to sleep and it didn't do anything but cause my heart to pound and I stayed awake. I have also taken Ambien about 10 times in my life and even 10mg Ambien wouldn't put me to sleep. My brain is fried from Xanax and now I have to put the time in to heal.

Anyway, if you are getting off Xanax, please keep posting here so we can support each other. Xanax is a unique drug with it's power and ability to cause dependence/tolerance.

HM

For me it’s like extreme tiredness. How does it work to diluite the drops? Because I simply put my drops in a tiny quantity of water