Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

I am relieved to hear that Julia.  This sucks that things are so rough for you.  I hope the stress passes, be sure to take care of yourself.

I am doing ok, still dizzy and vision issues.  I am hoping it gets better before the “hot” from my cut around Wednesday or Thursday.

Thinking of you!!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

DianeDD and Julia,

Thank you for the gracious responses. yes, I had GAD before Xanax. I also had insomnia and both are coming back to haunt me. I am determined to learn ways to cope outside of Xanax which isn't optional because I hit the ceiling on 4 mg and was having paradoxical symptoms. Xanax quit working anyway. The little doses I take now (like everyone else) are just to mitigate interdose WD and general WD as I lower my dose and my brain acclimates.

Julia,

I am sorry you are having the benzo flu this morning. I hope all gets figured out with your mortgage and you feel better soon. Sorry about the insomnia. I feel your pain. I hope you get a restful nap in and feel better soon.

Thanks again, ladies. Your well wishes make the day go by a little easier.

HM

Heart, you are very welcome.

Looks like you are doing pretty well with as quickly as you are tapering.  Praying that the GAD and insomnia lessen for you very soon.

I was prescribed xanax for GAD when actually I was having anxiety from a beta blocker that my doctor had put me on for high bp.  By the time I figured out what was going on I had become dependent it just went down hill from there.

Prayers and hugs ❤

Laurie I am so sorry you are still having the dizziness and vision problems.  Praying you'll feel better tomorrow.

Prayers and hugs ❤

Hi ladies!

Whewwww I had a busy Monday! Running errands and off for more paint and supplies my hubby needed from Menards. I’m taking my parents to Wisconsin tomorrow. We have a family cabin on a lake there and my mom can finally start moving and getting out a little from her bad car accident. So I said I would take them. They are 80 years old and I still am helping them and my mother every few days of the week with her recovery. This will be by far a very hard thing for me to do. I have not traveled without my hubby since I started this dumb taper, and he is the one who helps me measure and make my medicine every single night. I’m having a smidge of anxiety about this because I do not want anything screwed up as I’ve come down so far. He reassured me that I’ve got this and can do it. We made to days of doses up but I will need to make two days while I’m away by myself. He said I can put him on FaceTime to help......I’m sure I can do it I’m probably being a little bit of a baby. I’ve been trying to push myself to do things out of my comfort zone to help,with the healing. When I’m up at the cabin I’ll swim in the lake, kayak, and I’ll go walk through the wood alone. It’s in the middle of no where and I love the forests and wildlife and peacefulness of it all. I’ll also take my folks to the cheese factory, meat market, and wherever else they want to go. Wish me luck and say prayers for me pretty please!

Laurie I am so sorry you are having dizziness and vision issues. I hope it starts to turn around for you soon. I’m thinking about you!  :smitten:

Julia, I, so sorry you are feeling ill! I hate that for you! Benzo flu is the worst! I’m hoping for you to feel better quick and for your house loan to be figured out so the stress lifts off of you!  :smitten: Thinking of you and sending hugs!

Debbie, how are you doing with your taper? How are you feeling?  :smitten:

HM, we are a super supportive group and an encouraging one too! I hope your anxiety calms down and you get relief from that. I never had anxiety until the medication started giving me it. It truly is the worst! Insomnia just plain stinks! Seems like not having sleep makes everything so much worse! You are managing it so well by the sounds of it, and doing very well in your taper!  :smitten:

Love and hugs to you all,

Mary

Mary,

As always, thank you for your support, we can all use it at the moment.

You have made such great progress, I’m sure this trip will be wonderful and well deserved.  What a kind heart to help your parents and put them first!

Try not to stress (we all know that makes things worse).  I am sure the cuts will be fine.  Enjoy every moment. It sounds wonderful.

Hi Mary,

You are doing so well.  So glad your mom is doing so much better your trip sounds wonderful and relaxing.  You will do great with your meds I'm sure of it.  Enjoy yourself.

Hugs ❤

WW (Mary),

Enjoy your trip and thank you for the well wishes on my anxiety and sleep. I hope you have an amazing time.

HM

I am relieved to hear that Julia.  This sucks that things are so rough for you.  I hope the stress passes, be sure to take care of yourself.

I am doing ok, still dizzy and vision issues.  I am hoping it gets better before the “hot” from my cut around Wednesday or Thursday.

Thinking of you!!

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for your support and caring.  The stress is a little better as I got the last of the documents taken care of today.  Mortgage companies want soooo much documentation even though we just went through this October 2019.  Oh well - the last thing is the appraisal and I am not worried about that at all.

I hope your dizzy and vision issues are better today!  They really suck.  I am still getting dizzy on and off but it is a lot better than it was a few weeks ago.  I am sure yours will get better too. 

It is funny that you mention "hot" as I have noticed in the last couple months that I get really hot for no reason.  It did not occur to me it could be the taper.  I do not know why I did not think of that as most all the new issues since last November are from the taper.  I hope yours does not bother you this time. 

Hope your cut is better this time.

Hugs,

Julia

Hi Mary - I know you will do great with your meds.  You have come so far and if you can conquer what you have so far, you can do your meds and take care of your Mom and Dad!  :smitten:

It sounds like you all are going to have a great time.  It is cool you have so many awesome things planned.  Distraction will help you get through it too.  It sounds wonderful getting away to the lake.  I am also happy to hear that your Mom is getting better and can move around more now.  I know that is a big relief for you!  You are such a good daughter!  I am sure they appreciate you!

The fact that you can drive and go out in public and travel is amazing.  I have only driven a half a mile in 6 months and I do not go out hardly at all.  I just feel safe at home and enjoy sitting on the porch with my husband.  Tomorrow is our 7th anniversary!  I am thankful that I have him.  He truly is God sent. 

Please take care and enjoy yourself too!  You deserve happiness and to be able to spend time with your parents and go out and do things.  I am proud of you!!  You are doing great! 

I am sure your husband will help you on Facetime if you need it but I have  a  strong feeling that you have got this !!!  :smitten: :smitten:  Have fun!!

I am some better today.  Tried to take a nap yesterday evening and was not able to go to sleep and then when I went to bed I did not sleep well.  I will probably just sleep hard tonight, that has been the pattern lately.  The stress is a little better.  My ears are getting on my nerves but this too shall pass. 

Love and hugs to you!!!

Julia  :hug: :hug:

Julia,

As luck would have it, I am a licensed Loan Officer and work for a mortgage company.  I know what you are going through!  You can imagine how difficult it can be to do this during withdrawal.

Dizziness is not getting better and vision is off too.  I am having multiple episodes of being hot throughout the day.  The dizziness has me worried it will get worse ugh.

I hope you are hanging in there!

Julia,

As luck would have it, I am a licensed Loan Officer and work for a mortgage company.  I know what you are going through!  You can imagine how difficult it can be to do this during withdrawal.

Dizziness is not getting better and vision is off too.  I am having multiple episodes of being hot throughout the day.  The dizziness has me worried it will get worse ugh.

I hope you are hanging in there!

Hi Laurie,

Wow, I do not know how you are able to do your job when going through all this. It's hard enough to get all the information and documents together for 1 loan, much less multiple ones at the same time.  I'm sure that it's difficult.

I'm sorry you're still having dizziness and vision issues and I'm hoping they'll get better quickly.

Also the hot spells, wow, that's alot to deal with.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope tomorrow is a better day!!!

Hugs,

Julia 🤗🤗

Julia,

I  just taking one day, one hour, one minute at a time.  I think you are all doing the same.  How are you feeling tonight!  I hope the nausea has passed?

Hi Laurie,

I think we're all just dealing with this crap as best as we can. Some days are better than others.

I'm better. The nausea is gone for tonight- mornings are when it's the worst. Great way to start the day. 👎

I'm hoping to sleep better tonight.

Tomorrow is our anniversary and I'm hoping that I will not have a lot of issues going on so I can enjoy the day with my husband.

Take care and I hope you will be better tomorrow.

Love,

Julia ♥️♥️🙏🙏🙏

Julia, Happy Anniversary!!  I am hoping this morning you woke refreshed and feeling better.  Enjoy your day with your husband.

We are all one day closer to freedom.. it’s a great day!

Julia, Happy Anniversary!!  I am hoping this morning you woke refreshed and feeling better.  Enjoy your day with your husband.

We are all one day closer to freedom.. it’s a great day!

Thank you Laurie, I appreciate that.  I did get a good nights sleep and my symptoms are tolerable today.  I am not great but I am able to enjoy my time with my husband today!  I call that a win!!!  :)

I love how positive you are!  Yes, we are all one day closer to freedom!! 

I hope you are doing better today, let us know!

Have a good day!

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

Happy Anniversary Julia ❤❤❤

Thank you Debbie.  I hope you are having a better day! 

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

Julia,

Happy Anniversary! :) Enjoy.

HM

Thank you HM, it has been a good day so far!!! 

Hope you are having a good day too and are feeling better!

Hugs,

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you Baddove!!  I hope you are having a better day!!

Thoughts and prayers are with you!!  :smitten: :smitten:

Julia you are welcome.  Glad you got some good sleep and feeling better.

My stomach is a little better too.

Love and hugs ❤

Love and hugs ❤

I am so glad to hear that your stomach is a little better!!!  Glad you are getting at least some relief.

Love and hugs,

Love and hugs ❤

I am so glad to hear that your stomach is a little better!!!  Glad you are getting at least some relief.

Love and hugs,

Thank you Julia  :smitten: