• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning, Xanax club,

BD, I hope your dental procedure went well. It can be tough if you cant take a benzo to calm you down beforehand. Let us know how it went.

EnzoIt, I hope your taper plan is going like you want it to.

I was able to sleep a little more than usual last night and it was nice. Still not 8 or 9 hours but more than 0 to 2. I hope my brain heals and figures out how to sleep again over time. I'm trying to be patient.

Have a great day, everyone :)

HM

Thanks but I feel very bad also today, dizzy, confused, super tired. I’m thinking of going back to the full dose?

Enzo It, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. if you decide to go back to your full dose, I hope you don't hit tolerance and start suffering interdose WD. That's why I am on here. I was at 4mg and I hit the ceiling. I started having WD even at my full dose. WD can be hard but is so worth it when you finally get off your benzo and can live comfortably without it. Maybe you need to taper slower. No matter what, I wish you the best.

HM

I only started taking doses every 3 hours when I went to taper. When I was taking my full dose, I split up 2 mg throughout the day in three doses by biting the tablet and then, at night, I took the other  2 mg tablet at bedtime. As of April 2021, my doses quit working for me to squelch my anxiety and help me sleep. I started my taper by cutting the pills into .25mg pieces and taking then every 3 hours. Now, I am down to .18 mg and .17 mg alternating every 3 hours. I don't take a sleep dose as it doesn't help me sleep anyway. Matter of fact, at night, I often miss a dose or take it late because I am either sleeping or awake but too comfortable and tired to get up. So far, this has not caused me problems.

But, now I am on a tapere'd dose so taking it every 3 hours is just WD damage control. I don't get any anxiety relief or sleep benefit from my doses anymore. I like the liquid taper though, because it is so easy. 1 ml of solution = .01 mg of Xanax. I am hoping, in a few months to jump at my last .01 mg of Xanax once a day. As the ml/mg get very low, I will reduce the number of doses per day because it is most practical. Right now, I take enough Xanax that I can 'afford' to take multiple doses per day to avoid (too much) interdose WD. But I am in WD. Period. So there is no avoiding WD symptoms. It isn't interdose WD. It's just tapering WD.

HM

The 2.75 this morning sent me into waves of panic again. All the horrible symptoms, I was in terror, heart about to explode out of my chest, just unbearable. Utterly trashed me. Cancelled the dentist. The planned updose (dose 2)was better, it's only about .15Mg more. I feel undermedicated, so as unpleasant as that is, I know it is still a reduction as far as my CNS is concerned. That's what I want, a bit of an undermed that I can still function with to some extent. It is not the blow out of 2.75. anxiety and some sxs, I can tolerate this. Plan to still dose 2.75 for final and 3ed dose. It's always bad, but I have stuck with it for quite a while, and in the afternoon it is easier to cope with and not as severe as when I have taken it in the morning.

Not where I thought I would be, but I can accept this because the bit of updosing is still a bit less than where I was, so I am tapering as far as my CNS is concerned.

Hopefully tommorrow I can get out of the house doing the small updose for 1 and 2. I am feeling so vulnerable and agoraphobic and exhausted.

My new scales will arrive today. Hopefully they work better than my old ones so I can be more exact. Also, can micro taper down if I need to if I feel stuck at he new dose.

Hang in there En. I am concerned about you updosing as are the others. How about just a small increase instead of your full dosage? Try it for 1 dose? Your not looking to feel completely better, but rather undermedicated at a level that doesn't decimate you.

Hope everyone else is doing OK.  Heart, I think your doing an amazing job of navigating your dosing. I look forward to you getting some sleep at some time.

Listening to my body.

:smitten:

I hear you guys, I hope both of us will feel better soon. I’m going to try to hold on these 8 drops another week and if things won’t improve I’ll add another drop, at that point I’d be at 90% of my full dose. I don’t understand why I always feel tired, from what I see usually people can’t sleep, instead I could sleep 12 hours a day

BD,

Sorry about the paradox. That sucks. You know yourself though and you know what's best. I am, like you, shooting for a level of under-medicated that I can handle and acclimate to so I can continue to cut. I slept a couple more hours than usual last night, so I am grateful for that. Thank you for your well wishes. Are you prescribed the 2 mg tablets and use a pill cutter? I am just curious. I hope the new scale works out for you :)

I worry about getting cut off my Xanax Rx before I am done tapering. That's why I do a liquid taper where I don't throw out anything. Do you ever worry about losing your Rx? Does your Dr. know that you are tapering? It's unusual to have a Xanax Rx for 4 mg, let alone more.

EnzoIt, I am glad you are going to continue your taper and just updose a little bit. Let us know how it goes.

Have a great rest of your day.

HM

BD,

I am so sorry you had to cancel and you are in such a state.  You did what is best for you in the moment and I am sure you will get through this.  Remember tomorrow is another day, one foot in front of the other.

Hugs..

(Modified post)

Heart and Sea-

Yes, Sea, that kind of agony is an indication that it's too much for the CNS, and will hinder tapering. 

heart-

I am prescribed 1 Mg and .25 mg. tablets. I split the .25 where it is scored to get about 16Mg's. I also split the 1 MG and use the half's. For my updose I just made, I took the smaller  portion of both splits, so it's not an addition of .16. It's somewhere under that. According to my scale, I added 10Mgs.

This is why I am eager to get my new scale, the old one pooped out. It should be here tomorrow. I save my shavings in a small Tupperware so I am not throwing out medicine. I will use those when I am lower, and either make my own tablets or go back to water titration.

So, I am taking 2 full 1 Mg's, a full .25 Mg, and the smaller half of a split 1Mg and the smaller half of a split .25.

The undermed is distinct, it's not easy,  but I think this mornings blow out set me on a hard path for today. Am hoping tomorrow when I do it with doses 1 and 2, I can run out of here as soon as the med hits, about an hour, and either exercise or do errands. It really does distract me from the withdrawal. Completely alters how my day goes when I can do that.

At least I am not paradoxing. If that happens, the only solution is to cut. Hope my body will let me sit here a while without starting that up again so I can acclimate, then make a small cut, and so on.

I think most of us have Dr fear. I have learned to let it go. After panicking every time a refill was due for years, I worked very hard to let that go. It took a long time.

I am still easily triggered and panicked about many things though. In our condition, the level of anxiety is like an amped up current running all the time, and we can easily react with panic. That is just the nature of living with benzo's. The anxiety/panic is so much worse on these meds than when we experienced it without them.

Stupid drug

lovies to all  :smitten:

unfortunately, my life revolves around this Xanax taper. I was going to go back to school in April, but I started paradoxing and then tapering as a result. The combo of tapering and insomnia had me change my plans. There is absolutely no way I can handle college while dealing with all this. It's my life. I don't drive as it's not safe with my insomnia. I am homebound with friends taking me for outing's and spending time on BB or watching TV. You guys occupy a lot of my time and I am grateful for it but it's unfortunate.

Does anyone else feel like benzo's, tapering, WD etc, run your life right now?

HM

HM,

Yes, I feel my entire life has revolved around this taper and sx’s.  I’m sorry things are tough, the good news is we are going to get through this, it will end.

Your healing everyday!!

I feel consumed with this taper. It is so hard not to obsess and think of it all the time. It’s all I do so I feel like it’s my whole life right now. I hate that we all have to endure it. I can’t wait till we can all be done and never think about it again!

I only started 5 weeks ago but, already, I feel the pain of WD, of wondering when it will end and the feeling that this consumes my life. I wish we could all just CT off it and suffer minimally for a few weeks like those BS websites say. I admire you both WW and SS for hanging in there and being examples of what stoic is. I hope to be as strong.

HM

You’ve got this, you will be off this before you know it.  Just listen to your body and adjust your taper accordingly.

It’s been a good life lesson, I appreciate so many things I never did before.  There is a positive in everything.

I just want to cry, it’s since I went cold turkey more than 2 weeks ago that I feel very bad, now it’s one week that I’m on a 80% dose but I’m not having any improvements, it’s starting to feel it will never end..

I just had a thought, all my symptoms are related to low blood pressure, is that possible? Maybe taking something to help with that would make me feel better?

Enzo,

It's worth checking into. If you can address your low blood pressure and feel better, that would be awesome.

Xanax club, Good morning! I am 5.5 weeks into my taper and, so far, doing OK at 1.19 mg a day. I'm taking .17 mg every 3 hours except I miss a dose at night because I am in bed. I slept a little last night and I'll take it :) considering my history. I'm grateful if I fall asleep at all, let alone sleep a few hours.

I hope you all have an amazing day!

HM

I agree WW, you and I have been at this a while now.

Seasalt you are amazing! You have been at this for awhile and have never give up! You are admirable! You give the rest of us hope and inspiration! You are so close now too! Won’t be long and we will hopefully both be med free!  :smitten:

I only started 5 weeks ago but, already, I feel the pain of WD, of wondering when it will end and the feeling that this consumes my life. I wish we could all just CT off it and suffer minimally for a few weeks like those BS websites say. I admire you both WW and SS for hanging in there and being examples of what stoic is. I hope to be as strong.

HM

HM, you are doing great! Keep foraging ahead and before you know it you will be as far along as we are! I never thought I’d be where I’m at now......seemed so far off when I started, but yet here I am, almost 70% medicine gone from my system! You got this! You are stronger than you know! 

Hugs,

WW :smitten:

WW,

Thank you for the kind words. I feel I am doing as good as anyone could in my shoes but it's still a bummer sometimes. I am looking forward to taking my last dose and feeling BETTER soon after. I'm happy for you that you have some so far.

HM