How many people HAVE to work while tapering

[et...]

Lisa

I really enjoy cooking, even in withdrawal most of the time.

I made a very good chocolate cake yesterday. The friend who was coming couldn't show up but half of it has been eaten already! I don't like chocolate much, sweet wise ice cream is my failing. Even though it gives me a bit of a headache at the moment. You sound pretty good, all things considered. If i feel half as positive as you sound after I jump I will be very pleased. 

Do you watch the Barefoot Contessa? We get it in the UK too.

love magga x

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't really enjoy cooking  but neither does my wife sooooooo guess who gets to cook lol. She does kick in and help and she loves cleaning up so I guess that's cool.

I wish work would quiet down. We are going nuts right now and I need a break.

etown

I don't really enjoy cooking  but neither does my wife sooooooo guess who gets to cook lol. She does kick in and help and she loves cleaning up so I guess that's cool.

I wish work would quiet down. We are going nuts right now and I need a break.

etown

MR. e, that's yet one more jewel in your heavily studded crown!  That's awesome that you do the cooking.  And a nice match that your wife cleans up.

Any relief on the horizon with the hectic conditions at work?  Hopefully this won't last too long for you. You do have the gift of endurance; I have seen that for sure!  - - Hey, aren't you due for a vacation soon?  ::)

Hi Workers! I'm glad I found this thread. I've been stumbling through withdrawal for several months. I finally realized it was withdrawal when I tried to quit my klonopin over summer break. Now I'm doing a slow taper with big depression side effects and heading back to work as a full time classroom teacher next week. I'm looking forward to the distraction just not sure how I'll hold up. It's good to know there are others working through this business. You give me hope.

Peace

Hey peace welcome to this thread we have a few teachers on here already must be magnetic! I hope you stick around. Did you consider a cross over to Valium? How are things going. I was on clonazepam too. Nasty stuff!

Please hang out with us. I for one have a long road ahead and need some buddies

etown

Whats up everyone!!!!

Magga.....I go back and forth with the cooking. I get motivation and then POOF....its gone LOL I love pinterest for recipes. Do you go on there? I have never watched Barefoot Contessa. Will have to check it out. I get antsy watching cooking shows. Impatience I guess LOL I find that I have lots of things I want to try to make and do and all that but not much of it ever gets done haha I will tell you that I feel pretty good really. Not perfect but pretty good. I am not always cheery. Trust me.....you can ask my husband LOL

E..........Nice that you cook. I wish my hubs did. He will grill and he usually does breakfast if we actually make one. He always cleans up or at least helps when I cook. It works! Sorry work is crazy. Maybe you will rethink that little vacation eh? Sounds like you need it!

Hi Peace.....I couldn't be a teacher all day even not going through withdrawal LOL What grade? Props to you!!! You will do great I am sure. The distraction is most definitely a good thing most days. At least it was for me and I think most feel that way. Hang in there!!

Work was the same for me today. Wasn't a hard day. Busy but not hard. Just long. Tomorrow is another day to do it all over again :laugh: Happy joy folks :laugh:

Talk to you all soon..

Lisa :smitten:

Searching for jobs in w/d is exceedingly difficult.  The stress that anyone would feel is increased exponentially in w/d.  I think this makes sense.  What I didn't expect was the sheer panic after being offered a job.  The job was one that I would have loved to have just a few years ago. But as soon as it was offered I realized, at least for right now, I'm not who I was. I can no longer take the kinds of risks, jump into the unknown, fly by the seat of my pants.  So I turned down the offer.  As soon as I did, the panic subsided.  I hate that I feel so handicapped by this.

The good'ish news is that a person I worked with in my last job who left a year ago, needs some help for a few months.  It's not full time, I can work from home and it's work I know.  The down side is that by working with her, I am burning a bridge with my previous employer and all that comes with that.

Perhaps I'm justifying things, but I want to believe this is the best thing I can do at this time.  I have absolutely no confidence I could work in a corporate downtown office 40+ hours a week for a major corporation (the job I turned down, but is what I did for many, many years).  But perhaps if this works out with this woman, I will make money to pay may bills, something to put on my resume and get another 4 months to try to get some of this healing done.

All I know is that I constantly feel scared, no matter what I do and that this is ALL so fu**ing stressful.  Sorry for venting...

WWWI

WWWI - sorry for always being there for you lol but I remember when the shoe was on the other foot. You have marketable skills and you know it. When head hunters come looking for you that's a good sign. You live in a big country and world for that matter, so, when you are ready for the world the world will be ready for you. So take your damn time you're worth it!

And post on this thread often we (I) miss you so much

etown

WWWI - sorry for always being there for you lol but I remember when the shoe was on the other foot. You have marketable skills and you know it. When head hunters come looking for you that's a good sign. You live in a big country and world for that matter, so, when you are ready for the world the world will be ready for you. So take your damn time you're worth it!

etown

Damn you etown for always being there for me  ;)  I don't mean to be redundant but you are one of the most supportive people I know and I'm so glad to know you.  I haven't been there much for you lately and hope to be again soon.  It would appear you are surviving and I know that's not easy.  You are an amazingly strong man.

:smitten:

WWWI

etown

Damn you etown for always being there for me  ;)  I don't mean to be redundant but you are one of the most supportive people I know and I'm so glad to know you.  I haven't been there much for you lately and hope to be again soon.  It would appear you are surviving and I know that's not easy.  You are an amazingly strong man.

:smitten:

WWWI

Etown saved my life when I was new here, literally.  Then he did it again, probably several times. HUGE etown fan here!  Love seeing this post.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Aww WWWI.....I know the fear of the unknown sometimes can be horrid. I find the baby steps to overcome that finally make a bridge and you will look back on all this and see how far you have become. There is no need to worry IMO if you know you cannot work the other job....regardless if you did it for years....right now things are harder and you don't need to add unnecessary stress if it is at all possible. I say the part time job with your friend and working from home sounds perfect. Will you be forced to get out a little with this job? That might be good so you can work through the anxiety and fear with it all. Good luck!

Lisa

Thank you Lisa :)

I've thought a lot about this since I made the post and with such wonderful input have come to realize that while it was a great job, even at my best, there may just have been things about the job that didn't sit right with me.  It's kind of like, my body was talking to me.  The difference is that it was REALLY LOUD lol and scared me.  But I'm beginning to think that even as extreme as the emotions come out, there is still the very quiet part inside me watching out for me.  And when I'm doing something that it doesn't agree with, the alarms go off REALLY LOUD lol.

And the truth is the four month thing really is a gift. I really see what you are saying.  I will be doing development work that I love, working from home allows me to control my hours, fatigue and my stress, it pays well enough to alleviate that stressor for a bit and while I won't be forced to get out, I'm going to try to get out more.  And it will give me a few more months to hopefully get my sea legs.

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful response  :smitten:

WWWI

Check out this anthem

etown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a72lz47E3Nk

"If you are lost and alone

and sinking like a stone

Carryon!"

Oh E I love that  :)

AND  "May your path be the sound

Of your feet upon the ground,

Carry on......carry on"

One foot in front of the other, by gosh, I WILL carry on! 

So beautiful I will probably dream this in the night. I hope so. It fortifies my endurance, something I am needing.  Thanks, e!  As always, you're the best!

Hey WWW1

I think the work from home option for you sounds great personally.

Its really hard to accept but at present we are not the bags of energy, confidence and motivation we use to be. Right now I am trying to come to the terms that I have got sick even before my planned first day back at work!

The body has its own way of healing us, and takes no notice of what we intellectually want from it.

Etown- I echo every sentiment about you,and thanks for starting this excellent thread. So good to have somewhere to talk about work issues

magga x

Hey WWW1

Its really hard to accept but at present we are not the bags of energy, confidence and motivation we use to be.  Right now I am trying to come to the terms that I have got sick even before my planned first day back at work!

The body has its own way of healing us, and takes no notice of what we intellectually want from it.

magga x

I could not have expressed that better.  It's helpful to know it's the condition and not me just being lazy or whatever, but it leaves me feeling handicapped nonetheless.

Hey WWW1

Its really hard to accept but at present we are not the bags of energy, confidence and motivation we use to be.  Right now I am trying to come to the terms that I have got sick even before my planned first day back at work!

magga x

I could not have expressed that better.  It's helpful to know it's the condition and not me just being lazy or whatever, but it leaves me feeling handicapped nonetheless.

WWW,

I can tell you that working from home is wonderful, I have been doing it for over 30 years. Frankly, I don't think I could have worked any other way through my taper and the worse part of my withdrawal.  Although  I did have contact with people daily, I was also able to find time to just "be" during the day.

PG  :smitten:

Hey WWW1

magga x

WWW,

I can tell you that working from home is wonderful, I have been doing it for over 30 years. Frankly, I don't think I could have worked any other way through my taper and the worse part of my withdrawal.  Although  I did have contact with people daily, I was also able to find time to just "be" during the day.

PG  :smitten:

PG

As I'm finding out more about what is needed for this contract, the more intense it is looking.  But being home and as you say, being able to just "be" gives me a sense of relief.  I know exactly what you mean by that.

Thanks  :smitten:

WWWI

WWWI............Totally sounds like you made the perfect decision right!!! Im glad the position was available. Sorry it will burn bridges with the other boss or whatever that situation may be but you have to watch out for YOU!!! :smitten:

Lisa

I get to work from home when I'm working in mt area so it is cool. Stay in the PJ's!

etown

Excellent etown!  And I'm all over the PJ thing lol

HOOOOOOOHAWWWWW its Friday. Family bbq tomorrow and back to work Sunday. Crazy week next week so stay close to that computer I may be whining a bit.

etown

HOOOOOOOHAWWWWW its Friday. Family bbq tomorrow and back to work Sunday. Crazy week next week so stay close to that computer I may be whining a bit.

etown

Enjoy your truncated weekend and feel free to whine away HA!