How many people HAVE to work while tapering

[et...]

So I wanted to ask this group do you have a hard time dealing with having to return to work after the weekend. My anxiety goes way up Sunday and skyrockets Sunday night. Only a little over a month ago my anxiety would be so bad Monday morning that I would have severe nausea and vomiting.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not off yet but I have that same nervousness.  No vomiting but like I said I'm still on some med.  But today it is tough.  Especially with something stressful I havwe to do today.  I hope I can handle it.

Colorado - oh yeah Sundays suck huge for me. I don't really know why actually because as it turns out it is just like any other day. Its all mental I guess and I can't always control how I "feel". I try to start my Sunday calming when I get up Sunday morning. Sunday's are the calmest days of the week for me now. It is not a traditional weekend day for me anymore but rather a day to rest, reflect etc. I try to let my mind go as blank as possible on Sundays KNOWING that if I don't it will start my work week off in disaster. We can only control the things we have the power to control and this is one for me that I can't control.

etown

I think Sunday night is rough for just about everyone who is in the workforce. I think in w/d since we are more sensitive to stress, it may exhibit more strongly, but even for those not in w/d, Sunday nights are rough I think.

WWWI

This is so true. I think everyone has issues the night before they have to go back to work. I don't start my work week till Wednesdays but lord I am usually anxiety ridden wed morning before work. idk why....just am. I find if I can ease my mind about any part of my day or make it any easier I do it. Anything I can do to help ya know.

How is everyone?

Lisa

I'm okay. I made it through the first day of my audit.  THese are actrually more like inspections - in the morning I spend a couple hours in a room with a bunch of people looking at electrical maintenance records.  That is the worst part actually, and I used to enjoy that part.  In the afternoon I go out and look at actual electrical facilities - substations, power lines, that sort of stuff.  It was hot and of course my skin is naturally hot and burning to an extent these days.  THat wasn't so bad except of course they want to break for a sit down lunch which is not something I have any interest in these days.  Fortunately I am symptomatic but not as terrible symptomatic as many on here so I manage to handle it.

One day down, nine to go for this.  See the doc next Tuesday.

The worst part is always that I have in the back of my mind the daunting task ahead of me that I haven't really even started on yet.  It is just sad for me. 

How are you Lisa?  How was your work week?

Hey everyone - had a better day today than on the weekend (go figure! :-\) I have a firm plan in mind for my taper restart on Monday. Here's hope'in! I hope you all have good days. Hey Bobo I understand the in depth audits do em' all the time too.

etown

Ok BB's taper officially starts tomorrow again. The hold really worked wonders for me. After going through ever living h... for most of May and June, the cross over from Serax (Oxazepam) to Valium was a tea party compared to tapering. Thanks you so much Bart and Braban for the continuing support specifically over the past few months. Also thanks to the rest of you from the depths of my heart for being here night and day with all kinds of advise and options when I thought I'd run out. I have my Gemini scale (thanks Bob), my starting daily schedule which will be .013mg/day and a renewed sense of " I can do this" that was missing for a while. I've learned that for me pain isn't gain...symptoms when kept under some control are a sign of healing and spiraling out of control means something is wrong and adjustments need to be made. Check it out...it took me 2 months to settle down after cutting from 6mg-5mg, so in the long run it took me 3 months to cut 1mg and I could not function hardly at all. Might as well of daily cut the amount to get the 1mg in 3 months of milder symptoms. Oh well live and learn right? All you recent jumpers better update us. I for one miss you but I also know life goes on and new people will come on this thread that our gal Danni started and they will watch me jump and so on and so on. Who ever thunk it Danni that this thread would explode like it did? Keep me in your thoughts and prayers please as I restart this journey. Hopefully now that I am only dealing with Valium things may go smoother.

One your mark... get set....go etown!

Just got a date for my occupational health review next week.

Feeling up for it today, but my moods can be really changeable. The low hum of fear is ever present, but sometimes my bravado overcomes it pretty well. Maybe that is years of having to overcome the nerves of public speaking.

I also know what to expect this time. At my last OH assessment I confessed my miserable state, assuming an understanding ear.  The doc refused to acknowledge my problems were predominantly drug induced. It made me quite outraged to be labelled with major depression.

She really urged me to take Antidepressants and stated in her later that this was pretty much essential to my recovery.

I so nearly did and am so glad i resisted. I am so thankful for the internet for starting me on this journey. Since I have  reduced the valium things have been tough but generally I feel and look a lot better. I just feel that drugs are toxic to my system.

Best wishes to all working buddies!!

magga x

Magga - I will be pulling for you until you get this meeting over with. I know you will be fine and will be able to get on with it. I'm so glad you didn't take any A/D's. That's all you would have needed!

Take care of yourself until the big day. Rest and do things you like.

etown

Intend - if you are around check in a tell us what's up

Thanks etown

I feel like I've been plugged into an electric socket but mind is clearer nowadays.

Just got to keep the nerves from taking away by will.

Thankfully I am super stubborn when i want to be!

magga xx

Hey Gang!!!

Finally have some more time to stop and chat!

E.............sooooooooo Taper begins today?>?? Do I have the date right? You are going to do awesome! Keep that attitude positive. I swear it helps. Fake it till you make it HAHA....I know thats hard and sometimes impossible but I tried to incorporate that and most of the time I HAD  to fake it for work. I found when I faked it it actually helped me to feel better. Crazy right??? :idiot:

Bobo.....try not to borrow stress from tomorrow. Whats done is done and you are going to change it. Stop worrying about how you got here. You are here and taking charge :thumbsup: i want to hear some positive kk >:( I have one............Be super happy you found this site and support and that you dont have double the dose to get off of!!! HA...how bout that??  heehee Seriously....hang in there. You will be fine too!

Magga.,,,Stubbornness can be an asset here! Don't let that fear drive you! DONT!!!!

Things are pretty good here. Can't complain. Sleep is a bit improved. Has a ways to go but I will take it!

Lisa

Liiiiiiiiiissssssssaaaaaaa - I was soooo scared to get going but now I feel a lot more confident because I have a plan with options included. I felt like I had no options in May and June but the hold was a great chance to re group and get some confidence. I chose a conservative taper rate and feel that although it will take a while I will be able to manage my life with my taper and I need that.

Greetings to all workers, wanna be workers, and former workers. Anyone lurking? jump in here you are all welcome on this thread.

etown

E!!!!!!!!!!!!! That sounds great. You sound much calmer about it all. That is wonderful. I say take it as slow as you need to. I know we all want to be off in a day but in reality we just need to do it slowly so we can continue to enjoy life and not be totally miserable. I see no need in hurrying things up. None whatsoever!

Glad you are more positive. It will aid you in all of this.

Hi!!!! to everyone lurking!

Lisa

Hey everyone        :)

Just adding my two cents here.

I try to keep up with this thread. 

I like it because I see a lot of health here, in what I'd call a sometimes perfectly insane process.

It's a real privilege to read.

You folks just keep impressing the hell out of me.

Absolutely, 100% etown.

I never tapered, but I'm a worker, a benzo casualty, and a huge fan of all my buddies.      :)

Hi Beau! Glad you are here!

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I'm glad to be here.  Thank you for welcoming me.  I've posted here a few times, earlier in the thread, left it because I re-read the opening and it was supposed to be for taperer's.  I get excited sometimes and assume evidence not in order.  I try to keep up with the posts.  Super peops posting here.

I'm all in        :)

Hi Beau! Glad you are here!

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I'm glad to be here.  Thank you for welcoming me.  I've posted here a few times, earlier in the thread, left it because I re-read the opening and it was supposed to be for taperer's.  I get excited sometimes and assume evidence not in order.  I try to keep up with the posts.  Super peops posting here.

I'm all in        :)

Its all good. I am sure your experience in your situation will be helpful to a lot of people! Im done tapering but Im staying put on this thread :laugh:

E....how goes it?

Lisa

L - 1 week in no major issues. Did way too much on the weekend so a few days here may not be a good measure. There's usually a pay day or two when I do that.

How are you doing?

etown

Hey Gang!

E.....I am totally exhausted. My sleep has been bad again for the last few nights. I hope it doesn't stay this way. Its frustrating for sure. I kinda feel foggy today cuz I am so tired. I am super sure that my clients will appreciate it  :sick: lol

Hope you all have a great day!

Lisa

L and others.....tiredness seems to be a common theme with W/D and recovery. My work is at its peak right now so its hold on tight time. Try to rest as much as possible and try not to let the high pace drive me nuts. In the winter I wished for summer, now in the summer I wish things would just calm down a bit. I don't know what I want!. Hey wondering where all the other workers, wanna be workers, former workers, gonna be workers, hope to be workers are. This thread has been a saving grace for you all. If you are lurking and want to get in, get in, we need your stories and experiences to help others.

etown