• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Way to go Sky ...that should provide some weekend distraction for you...and a bit of work but not too much. Let us know how it goes.

etown

Sky have you though about crossing over to Valium?

etown

I have thought about it and have decided to not cross over.  Things are working out this way and it is unknown how valium would react to my body. 

-SZ-

Sky - you gotta do what you gotta do.

Lisa - how are you stranger

WW - how's work?

Everyone else - get bummed every once in a while when it hits mw that I have another 20 months at least of this nonsense. Almost to 11mg in a few weeks time is passing but so is my life.

etown

hi  all,

I  have  worked  the  entire 9  months  that I  have  been  in w/d.  it  has  been  really  hard. I  came  in w  zero  sleep  at  times.  last  night I  had  abt 3  hrs.  sleep. I  think  that  it  is  good  to  have a  focus  but  on  the  days  that  everything  is  spinning it is hard.  hang  in  there. :thumbsup:

Hey WWWI- good to hear you are okay.

Work from home has advantages when one is pretty sensitive

I also got offered some work from home so if I do lose the teaching job I'll have something to keep me busy.

Best wishes to all, and yes I have the benzo belly again! Strangely it went away during the flu, trying to work out what was different...

magga x

Everyone else - get bummed every once in a while when it hits mw that I have another 20 months at least of this nonsense. Almost to 11mg in a few weeks time is passing but so is my life.

etown

Hang in, etown.  It's worthwhile.  Plus, if you don't rush it, you'll spare yourself lots of grief.

How you coping with this two-day heatwave?  I'm staying in a/c as much as possible.

Cheers,

Luke 

Thanks Cool - I'm staying cool today too as much as possible sounds like it will cool off by weekend

etown

Hey E-Town,..

(This is off topic, but... ) I also am hearing that the forecast for next week is supposed to be the initial cool down for the season.  I am so excited.  My electric bill will be going down for sure.  What a relief!  I see you have been on benzos for many years.  I think the patience for the rest of your taper is well worth it to be free from it for good.  Hang in there.  I have a couple of months before I am done with my taper and I am very much looking forward to it being completed.  This last year of tapering has been one of the most difficult times in my entire life!  I am sure it is hard for you as well.  You are doing great!

-SZ-

New week of work new week of tapering. Can't believe 2 months has passed and I get to say goodbye to 1mg of poison this week. Kinda in the groove right now and keeping symptoms under control. I am encouraged that the present plan will allow me to stay sane through this process and endure work and life too. I am so thankful for the kind and smart people on BB that have helped guide my learning and help me rebuild the confidence to be successful in this challenge. I have no doubt I will cross the finish line at some point.

How's work going?

WW where are you?

etown

Hey E

Glad things are progressing and congrats on the 1 mg!! WOOP WOOP!!!

I'm struggling some.  In a waiting game with my thyroid and in the mean time and as a result, agitation, anxiety and depression are at an all time high.  So keeping extremely close to the vest. I think w/d is playing a part, but being hyperthyroid is topping me off.  The world is feeling a little ugly right now.  Still working, thankfully.  Keeps my mind off me.  Hoping my current state will break soon. Thinking of you and so proud of how you are doing :)

WWWI

WW - will keep you on the forefront of my thoughts every day until you let me know you are feeling better. If there is anything I can do for you let me know

etown

Hi Etown

Really glad to hear you are in to the swing of things with work and the taper.

I really felt for you when you had to up the v, but coping okay is more important than the time involved.

WW - sorry to hear abut the thyroid problem. Its rotten for you, and a set back you do not deserve.

Your plan of working to distract is very sensible. It works for me most of the time anyway.

I am working mostly from home, but should begin some teaching next week, all being well.

still struggling with chest infection...

Best wishes to the workers

magga x

Glad to see so many working while going through the w/d.  I am struggling to work going on three days with virtually no sleep.  I feel absolutely miserable but am doing what I need to do.  I will survive!  Good news it is just sleep deprivation that is the only issue I am dealing with.  I am doing more than my fair share of whining.  I know so many here have it so much worse than I do.  I admire you for your courage to perservere.

Garton welcome aboard. I KNOW what you are going through believe me. You have a lot of courage to tackle the c/t. I hope things work out for you. Stick with us buddy there is lots of support here and some really cool people.

etown

Hi Everyone,

I have found that working is making the time go by faster.  I think if I was sitting at home through all of this I would probably start becoming obsessive about my taper and my symptoms and how long it is taking....etc.

I also think that being at work, and dealing with people on a daily basis is a healthier way to go through this since the other option, becoming a hermit, could possibly delay healing or maybe even slow it down?  As we taper down, we also need to reclaim our lives and work toward functioning in the world in a normal way.  That to me means remaining a member of society and facing the day to day challenges as they come up and not hiding away.

Don't get me wrong, mornings are the most challenging for me because of the adrenaline shakiness I feel while I am getting ready for work.  But, thankfully, by the time I arrive at work, this feeling is usually gone and I can focus on what lies ahead.

Take care everyone having to work through this!  But I actually think it is the best way!

WW - will keep you on the forefront of my thoughts every day until you let me know you are feeling better. If there is anything I can do for you let me know

etown

E - Just take care of you :)  Thanks for the good thoughts ~ WWWI

Thanks for the welcome etown.  Finished up day three with no sleep.  Actually got out and played golf today.  It is amazing how I am getting through this.  Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.  I'm dragging and contemplating how I will sleep tonight.  Not the wisest thing to be doing.  Just adding to the anxiety.

Garton - There are some good conversations about good sleep hygiene. I practice lots of them and it does help. A turning point for me was Tarazodone. It has really helped with sleep few side effects and the only side effect from going off it is not sleeping. It has been great for me. If I don't sleep everything is magnified in the symptom department. Check it out just a suggestion. Little chips of Tarazodone can be used to help with anxiety during the day too.

etown

I tried trazadone a few years back and had no luck.  Wasn't able to sleep at all on it.  I now find benydryl or zzzquil are most affective.  I am trying to stay off of all prescription medications at this point.  Been there done that and don't want to go down that road again.  It may be one of those things that I will constantly have to deal with.  I will just have to accept the not so good days and realize that's just part of my life.