How many people HAVE to work while tapering

[et...]

Peace - I have searched for the illusive magic bullet for almost 2 years and not to be a smart ass but if I can't find it....good luck. there isn't one!

etown

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [et...]

• [...]

• [dr...]

• [Sm...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Be careful also about fillers in vitamins that are hidden glutamates. I remember taking a probiotic called Pearls that were enteric coated and release in the more alkaline environment of the small intestines. Seemed like a good concept. But I got so sick I thought I'd die, and it wasn't just gut pain, it was ALL my wd symptoms totally out of control.

I've now learned that gelatin is very high in free glutamates due to the high heat processing. The Pearls were encapsulated in gelatin caps. I've also learned the gel caps were made with tilapia farm raised fish from China.  :o

I'd research every additive to a supplement you aren't familiar with and check it for glutamates. I had to not purchase a p5p biologically active form of B6 today because it had objectionable fillers. Good brand too.

Hi Etown,

"Ok Ok I have  a plan. This product is available in Canada not sure about the U.S. but I think you can get it there too. This company has had this product from Germany for many years. They have tried to make it a close to natural food sources as possible and as you can see it is really clean. Highly absorbable too. Just the first thing that jumped in my head. I've been at this a long time. Not marketed as a mega vitamin but just covers your basic daily needs. When you recover you could go back to 3 or 6 per day of a mega vit. I am going to answer peace as to what I take and why.

etown"

Please let us know the name of the product you mention above - it sounds promising

Wow, etown, I missed your recent drop down to 11mg. Congratulations! 

Thanks for the explanation on the mineral suspension. That will help me shake my benzo induced paranoia. I think I could really use the benefit. Now if I could figure out a fruit juice that doesn't upset my GI issues. I wonder if I just eat some cooked apples (scd legal  ;D) along with my glass of salt and CoT if that would work. I'm eating a lot of cooked apples these days.  :P

Lisa, have I asked you yet what kind of C you take?  I'm still searching for one that I can tolerate. I know I really need that C. Thanks for the good report on it.  :)

~One~  :smitten:

I take the ester c. It said it was easy on the stomach so I gave it a try and its worked well!! I take 1000mg at night. I tried 500 and that did nothing. Not sure if I told you that lol

Waving Hi to everyone!!!!!!!!

Lisa

Hi all

I have been following the blog and your interesting advice on supplements. I have been taking acidophyllus with rhamnosus (lifeplan). I read about it on another thread. Rhamnosus has been found to reduce anxiety in animal studies so i though it was worth a try.

Results? Not sure, but anxiety has been very manageable except for stress of trying to work with bronchitis.

I managed a long commute and first full teaching day yesterday.

Didnt sleep much last night but then it was the first day back for a year, so a big deal!

Muscle pains have been less since taking a calc/ mag/ vit D combo.

I have also been taking some homeopathic remedies and found nux vomica quite helpful.

Good luck with the teaching etown, it is very demanding!

Onelove, you sound more positive of late, are things a bit easlier?

magga x

Etown- I found our through testing that my cortisol is high at night. Something called Seriphos was recommended to reset cortisol. What do you know about Seriphos?

Thanks,

Peace

Thanks Etown,

this liquid is actually carried at a local hfs I use!

Peace - Diaz-Pam started a post on the Seriphos and she has been taking it successfully for awhile if you want to contact her on there for her experience

Eliz your sig is becoming a work of art. I did the calculations from your start and you have done everything bang on according to plan and continue to do so.

Good call

etown

Woo Hoo!  ;D Work of art!  Thanks Etown!!!!

You have helped me more than you will ever know.  Yesterday was an oddly symptomatic day but it has been the only one since I started the daily cuts.  Hopefully today will be better.

I have another question for you.  What do you know about Methylcobalamin (B-12).  I am reading that this version of B12 is the closest form of what our body gets from food.  It is supposed to support the protection of the cns and help correct circadian rythms issues that prevent us from sleeping through the night.

The vitamin B family of vitamins that I was taking was causing me to "rev up" and I stopped taking them for that reason.  Would this version of B12 taken sublingually have the same effect?

The reason I ask is that even with the Seriphos and the adrenal cocktail I still am dealing with the premature waking at 2am.  I wonder if I should give this a try but the last think I want to deal with is an increase in my afternoon glutamate storm symptoms since I finally seem to have that issue under control.

What do you think? ???

Peace - Seriphos is a trade name for a substance called phosphatidylserine. My experience with this substance is for improving cognitive function. There are many research papers for its use with Demetia and Alzheimer's disease slowing the progress of the disease and in some cases when used early on it can halt the progression. Apparently, it is also very useful in its ability to control cortisol surges at night. I have not tried it yet. My wife is using it as a preventative for memory decline as she has a huge family history of it. It is totally safe, a little pricey, but worth a try as you have a direct application for its use. I will try it at some point I'm sure.

etown

Eliz - oddly symptmatic days are to be expected. You are still pretty aggresive in your taper so chin up. If it goes on for more than 5-7 days or gets worse you know exactly what you need to do.

Methylcobalamin is the active form of B-12. It is a you have stated. As with all supplements what it does for some, it may not do for others. My experience with Methylcobalamin is many people take the sublingual form to combat fatigue much like a B-12 shot but a more active form of B-12. The shot is called Cyanocobalamin B-12 but is not as useful and is used by conventional docs for fatigue also. Give it a try. The only bad thing is that you have yet another crappy sleep. Its cheap and safe.

etown

Magga - keep taking those probiotics...good choice. I take 70 billion cells of several types of probiotics or friendly bacteria. Sometime if you get the time google the brain/gut similarities and how what you do to one affects the other physically and mentally. Really fasinating stuff. I just don't have time to re hash too many things as my focus is on my taper.

You're on the right track

etown

Etown,

My taper is a bit more aggressive because I am still using the 5mg tabs at this point.  I did get the 2mg tabs but my doctor will probably not renew the prescription and I only have 50 of them.  My plan is to continue the .001 daily reductions with the 5mg tabs as long as I can maintain stability (since I have so many of them left), then switch to the 2mg tabs to complete the taper.  I need to use the 5mg tabs as long as I am able because I do not have a doctor who is supporting my taper - I am on my own - and of course with the support of you and the other BB members!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Here is an impossible question...

Other than deep breathing or distracting when possible how do you handle large amounts of stress when working, when your ability to handle stress is extremely limited?

WWWI

Hi WW

Well done for getting through more than 2 months of benzo free life! Don't forget your cns still needs lots of time out.

Is it other people or steer work load stressing you? People are tricky because they have their own agenda.

I've been really busy the last few days am trying to protect myself from getting too involved.

Just watching stuff arise and pass can help. or laughing at the ridiculousness of it all.

Take care, you are doing great!

magga xx

Thank you Magga :)

It's mostly people that are causing stress, well and responsibilities. I just get frustrated that I respond so strongly to stressors.  I especially hate that that's what seems to trigger agitation and intrusive thoughts.  I know to give it time, but things and people don't seem to want to wait lol.

I just hate that everything feels so intense all the time and not in a good way.

WWWI

WW - as you know from talking to me patience is not my strong point. I have had the most stressful 2 months of my working life and to be honest, apart from every coping technique known unto man I am afraid there are times when I crash and burn. This is nothing new for me so I've had to learn to accept that that is the way I am wired. What most people sluff off drives me crazy. Do you think you are ready to try any natural supplements for stress?

etown

Hey E -

I'm still pretty hesitant about sups at this point.  The challenge is that while I have a general low tolerance to stress I can almost live with that.  However it's the stress response to specific things.  I'll be going along pretty ok and something will trigger me and I go from 0 to 100 in no time.  It's not a panic attack, but that's the closest I can get to describe the speed at which it hits and the intensity. 

Again, something will set me off, a conversation, or a thought, or a memory and WHAM, I'm immediately hit with intrusive thoughts, cog fog and fear at it's zenith.  Sometimes I can slow things down if I lay down, do deep belly breathing and count back from 100 many, many times.  However, more times than not it just has to go through it's cycle and ends when it decides to.

I think sups might help with the general stress stuff, but in this case, I think it's really simply dependent on my CNS becoming less alert/sensitive.  In other words, time, time and more time. 

Not liking this much at all.

WWWI

OK WW - please remember that even though I can't do much I am here to support you as you did for me. If there is anything I can do or research for you or anything at all let me know. I am sending 1000 hugs your way every day until eternity.

etown