The Klonopin Klub

[re...]

Hi, Braydenlove -

And welcome.  So, .5 Klonipin to .25 is what I did at one point, and it IS rough.  I don't know how much of a difference it makes that I was on clonazepam (Klonopin's generic equivalent) for a shorter time than you, and never took more than 1 mg, but I did manage to taper off (eventually--it took three tries) in quarter-dose increments.  It is not an approach I generally recommend (I don't think I chose the best way), although I completely understand the strong desire to get off the stuff and get it over with.  You're seeing now what it's like to taper that fast, so it's really up to you to decide whether it's going to work for you, although, depending on the severity of your symptoms, you may also want to consider whether it's SAFE.  I take what doctors say with a grain of salt, but this may be a case where it'd be a good idea at least to have a doctor you feel reasonably confident in be informed as to what you're doing. 

The hair loss has been addressed on this thread by at least a couple of people who've said they felt hair loss for them was a side-effect (as opposed to a couple of us who aren't sure whether it has to do with medication or simply with age).  My guess is that your hair would grow back eventually, and that how soon would depend at least partly on how fast you taper and how fast your hair grows ordinarily.  Sorry I can't shed any more light than that!

As for keeping your withdrawal experience out of your relationship--honestly, I'm not sure that's altogether possible.  It sounds as though you have a good, mutually caring relationship, in which case I would hope your partner would WANT to help you through this.  You could warn her that at times you may behave in ways that are simply NOT YOU--they are an effect of the medication, or of the withdrawal process--and just ask her to bear with you.  It was hard on my family, seeing me go through what I did last summer; I don't know what I would have done without their loving support.  I hope your partner can provide this for you, too--it makes such a difference.  The key, I would think, is just to let her be as well-informed as possible about the destabilizing effects that this process can have.

As for your thinness--I lost a lot of weight on clonazepam (have got ALL of it back now!), so one of my constant tasks was to try to keep myself as well-nourished as I could.  Eat as much fresh food as you can, avoid processed foods, and . . . you mentioned going out for a drink.  Alcohol can be tricky, so it's wise to be careful of that, too.  It was recently suggested at this thread that some kinds of very nutritious food--like cruciform vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, etc.--are NOT the greatest things to eat while in withdrawal, because of the way they facilitate the metabolic process.  So do some research, maybe a bit of experimenting, and figure out what works for you.  But above all try to be very pro-active in taking the best possible care of yourself--stay physically active if you possibly can also.

Hope this is helpful; I imagine others will weigh in, too, with further insights.  Best of luck to you!

Rek

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [ca...]

• [NY...]

• [In...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome braydenlove!

Here's 2 different websites with a list of the benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms that a person may potentially experience:

http://www.bcnc.org.uk/symptoms.html

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

It sounds like you are determined to get off these benzos as fast as possible, unfortunately with benzos...it's the slow pace that wins the race.  The Ashton Manual (http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm) was developed by an expert on benzos with a lot of clinical experience; she recommends a dose cut of 10% every 2 weeks.  Duration and dose can definitely impact how difficult it is to taper off these drugs, but it is also varies by individual.  I am hearing from others on the forum and a friend that is very knowledgeable about benzo withdrawal that the lower doses can be even more difficult to withdraw from than the higher doses and it is even more important to go with a slow taper.  You may want to consider going back up to your dose of 0.5mg and using titration to taper down more slowly.  Tapering too quickly can result in a protracted withdrawal syndrome like you mentioned...still fighting symptoms years later!  Instructions for titration can be found here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-withdrawal-methods/titration/  I think it is a wise choice to go back to your normal mg of Wellbutrin while you finish the klonapin wean.

You mentioned "going to get some drinks with friends"...that is a big 'no-no' while on benzos or withdrawing from benzos.  Alcohol really messes with your benzo level and could be another reason you are having difficulty:

Question: Can I drink alcohol during or after withdrawal?

Answer: No. You should not drink any alcohol. Alcohol is cross tolerant with benzodiazepines and is benzo like. Many people find that alcohol usage causes a return or worsening of withdrawal symptoms the days and weeks after exposure to alcohol. This becomes even more of a problem once a person is low down on benzo dosage or in withdrawal. If you want to recover from benzodiazepines it is strongly advised that alcohol is avoided entirely and for quite some time after full recovery.

(http://www.non-benzodiazepines.org.uk/benzo-faq.html#Question8)

This website is an invaluable resource for providing information to friends and family to help them understand what you are going though: http://recovery-road.org/  Click on the 'Family & Careers' tab (http://recovery-road.org/for-family-carers/) to get some very good information and printable downloads.  Be sure to also look around the rest of the website...there's a lot of great stuff there that will be helpful to you!

Blessings,

perfect daughter

Thank you all for all of your support.  It is greatly appreciated.  You are all so kind.  I understand you all have a story to tell and each an own inividual experience as well.  So all of your oppinions count.  I still must make a solid desicion.

-SkyZone-

I'm new to this thread and struggling with K and Xanax withdrawal.  I was put on .5 mg of K in 2002 for restless leg syndrome.  In 2011 it  was increased to 2 mg per day due to anxiety.  I was also put on Xanax, 3 per day for anxiety.  In May 2012 i went CT with K ( because I didn't now better and a week detox of Zanax.  I think I was having withdrawal starting in January 2012 because  I would wake up completely scared and terric burning inside.  I had to take a Xanax before I could get out of bed.  I' m paying for the ct now .  The withdrawal symptoms don't go away until evening.  Do you heal faster if you did a k taper.  I' m regretting my ct choice.  I seem to be regretting a lot of things now. It has taken over my thoughts,  I ' m getting upset over past purchases and decisions.  Is this part of withdrawal ? 

Just me, checking in tonight. So many new people, new opinions, new stories. As well as dear friends :)

Welcome, ms0986 and braydenlove! And welcome too, perfect daughter, if you've just started to post in the Klub (I've seen you other places but not in my months in the KK). I hope you all find a home here like a lot of us do.

Just as a kind of ground-rule here in the Klub I'm going to venture out with my opinion: We all run a risk when we put ourselves out there and ask for advice, in that we are all - without exception - in difficult situations. It is really, really important not to wag a finger at anyone who is struggling. It's really, really important to remember that we are all individuals with our own experiences. We share, folks, we never dictate. Ever.

My mood is better, and I'm starting to figure things out a little. You know how visualization is great during withdrawal? I always pictured the shore and the sun, and Jerusalem (used to live there). Between the storm and the bombs that are happening right now, I felt at a loss for visualization. Then I remembered that there was one place that defined calm, and that was the midwest (lived there for 6 years). So I've decided that - and my husband agrees - that once this work nightmare is over we are going to take a long weekend out in Nowhereville with lots of open sky. I looked in the mirror today and I'm losing my hair. So...

For the newbies, my story in a nutshell is Benzos for 20 years, with a cold turkey drop from 2mg to 0 in 6 days. I ripped the band-aid off and lived to tell about it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. To taper is much better, and much safer. I was lucky that I didn't have seizures but had a lot of post-acute withdrawal. Did I mention that this was under a doctor's "care"?? Yep...

Brayden, you sound great. Sounds like you could give advice yourself  ;) I read that you're struggling...for me it's 6 months tomorrow (!!!!!) and I deal with insomnia and twitches, but that could be from exhaustion. Just so you know - the only way out is through it. You said you want to power through the storm - yes! You can do it...I did...others have. Keep fighting!

ms0986, getting off this s**t is never easy with all the factors (a lot of which you listed). I would love to offer advice but I personally try to leave each person to his/her own journey with just sharing what worked for me. I like Liberty's suggestion about talking with your doc. But as you know, it's not easy. But it ends!

SkyZ, you sound really strong and I really do support the decisions you make for yourself and your body. No one should stand in judgement. Hopefully that's not what happened.

Brian, great to "see" you, so glad you piped up. :) Holding steady, I see - how great for you. Keep checking in!

Rek, thank you so much for the book idea - definitely. Jackie Collins' "Lethal Seduction" just isn't doing it for me right now. Sucks to be intelligent ;) How are you? How's the basement? How are YOU holding up?

Intend, thank you so much for your words and wisdom. As far as the "horrors" of getting off, I just think it's an individual thing. Someone said that if there are people not struggling, they wouldn't be on BB. I believe you're going about this well. My 2 cents.

Well, people, there's a bit of a silver lining here. Stay tuned to jaxnj's update tomorrow of her Success Story. Why, you ask? So glad you asked. Tomorrow is my big

SIX MONTHS!!!

That is all. Sleep well.  8)

Thank you everyone! I am feeling confident in getting better. Kind of want to stay on the .25 a day for 3 months or so before making the drop to 0! Feeling on and off good but I think that is normal. I will just have to get used to this in a social context. Mostly dealing with breathing and feeling kind of electric? Also been pretty emotional and pain the back of my neck. When I am off this I going to really try to spread the word about the dangers of these drugs, I feel like they are not advertised well...

Anyhow Jaxnj I really appreciate the comment you left me. It made me very happy and I wanted to thank you for making my day better. Congrats on 6 months, how would you rate your symptoms now? How were you at a month... two months... etc?

Thanks again

Still here, though I haven't stayed caught up too well.  Things are going okay right now, with the exception of really bad nightmares every night.  At least I'm sleeping well aside from that.

I've also cut 20 mg of the 30 mg Buspar I was on.  I cut out the first 10 mg at night (about two weeks ago) because it seemed to be inducing restless leg issues.  That really helped.  The I decided to drop another 10 mg because I've never felt Buspar does anything for me, and it's just nice to have two fewer pills to take every day.  I plan on dropping the last 10 mg when I run out of pills in about a week.  I haven't noticed any adverse effects.

Once I get off the klonopin, I won't have any pills to take!  I don't know what I'll do with the lovely little pill boxes my girls made me - one for morning and one for evening.

Good morning to everyone!  I don't have time for a proper message, but quickly--Jax, so good to hear you sounding like yourself and celebratory over six months off--WOO HOO!  Yea!  That is WONDERFUL!  And I'm fine, by the way, thank you!  Tiger balm--patches and liniment--seems to be helping with aches and pains, and thus also with sleep.

Genoa, good to have you back on the scene, and my answer to your question is, use the lovely little boxes to hold earrings!  Would that work?

Morning wishes to all for a smooth day, as comfortable as possible--hang in there, friends -

Peace,

Rek

Good morning Genoa, Rek, Jak, PerfectDaughter and to the rest of the KClub!  Horrible nighmares last night!!!  I feel a little better now though.  I almost didn't realize I am still stabilizing from 2-4mg/day to 2mg/day and might be experiencing the effects of that, I guess.  I suppose I will wait to do another cut till after thanksgiving.  I am still thinking wether or not to wait, since I might then also decide to wait till after Christmas too.  Can't do that!  Peace and Love from our Great Creator to all!

-SkyZone-

Hi all -

Thanks for the welcome and words of advice. I will speak to my psychopharmacologist tomorrow and hopefully get his "blessing" to go ahead with my slow taper.

My best wishes to all, and hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I will make sure to check back in every now and then.

Just me, checking in tonight. So many new people, new opinions, new stories. As well as dear friends :)

Welcome, ms0986 and braydenlove! And welcome too, perfect daughter, if you've just started to post in the Klub (I've seen you other places but not in my months in the KK). I hope you all find a home here like a lot of us do.

Just as a kind of ground-rule here in the Klub I'm going to venture out with my opinion: We all run a risk when we put ourselves out there and ask for advice, in that we are all - without exception - in difficult situations. It is really, really important not to wag a finger at anyone who is struggling. It's really, really important to remember that we are all individuals with our own experiences. We share, folks, we never dictate. Ever.

My mood is better, and I'm starting to figure things out a little. You know how visualization is great during withdrawal? I always pictured the shore and the sun, and Jerusalem (used to live there). Between the storm and the bombs that are happening right now, I felt at a loss for visualization. Then I remembered that there was one place that defined calm, and that was the midwest (lived there for 6 years). So I've decided that - and my husband agrees - that once this work nightmare is over we are going to take a long weekend out in Nowhereville with lots of open sky. I looked in the mirror today and I'm losing my hair. So...

For the newbies, my story in a nutshell is Benzos for 20 years, with a cold turkey drop from 2mg to 0 in 6 days. I ripped the band-aid off and lived to tell about it. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. To taper is much better, and much safer. I was lucky that I didn't have seizures but had a lot of post-acute withdrawal. Did I mention that this was under a doctor's "care"?? Yep...

Brayden, you sound great. Sounds like you could give advice yourself  ;) I read that you're struggling...for me it's 6 months tomorrow (!!!!!) and I deal with insomnia and twitches, but that could be from exhaustion. Just so you know - the only way out is through it. You said you want to power through the storm - yes! You can do it...I did...others have. Keep fighting!

ms0986, getting off this s**t is never easy with all the factors (a lot of which you listed). I would love to offer advice but I personally try to leave each person to his/her own journey with just sharing what worked for me. I like Liberty's suggestion about talking with your doc. But as you know, it's not easy. But it ends!

SkyZ, you sound really strong and I really do support the decisions you make for yourself and your body. No one should stand in judgement. Hopefully that's not what happened.

Brian, great to "see" you, so glad you piped up. :) Holding steady, I see - how great for you. Keep checking in!

Rek, thank you so much for the book idea - definitely. Jackie Collins' "Lethal Seduction" just isn't doing it for me right now. Sucks to be intelligent ;) How are you? How's the basement? How are YOU holding up?

Intend, thank you so much for your words and wisdom. As far as the "horrors" of getting off, I just think it's an individual thing. Someone said that if there are people not struggling, they wouldn't be on BB. I believe you're going about this well. My 2 cents.

Well, people, there's a bit of a silver lining here. Stay tuned to jaxnj's update tomorrow of her Success Story. Why, you ask? So glad you asked. Tomorrow is my big

SIX MONTHS!!!

That is all. Sleep well.  8)

janxj,

Thanks so much for the welcome.  I think this will be a great place to share with others who are also determined to get off of this drug.  We can learn and gain a lot from the experience of others who are going through this!

Congrats on your 6 months!!

To briefly introduce myself to 'The Klub': I was originally prescribed klonopin for anxiety and insomina after ending up in the hospital with health issues related to a nervous breakdown.  I have tinnitus that drives me crazy and seems to make life unbearable...I have hope that it will eventually go away.  Like a lot of others I am having trouble with insomina.  I am also having difficulty with my family understanding what I am going through.  I have a lot of guilt feelings for getting myself in this mess because I knew about the addiction potential of this drug before I started it.  And like everyone else...hope to be off it as soon as possible!

perfect daughter 

SkyZone, Jax, Brian, Genoa, Intend, Lizie, Lynn, Perfect Daughter, Braydenlove, MS, and EVERYONE I haven't named here who's following this thread--afternoon greetings, and I hope you are all doing well, that symptoms are in abeyance, and it's possible to relax.  Yes, Perfect D., this is a really good place to find support and encouragement--this thread is really warm and caring.  You've come to the right place!  One suggestion I want to make to you is to try to let go of the guilt--you didn't get into this deliberately, and frankly we are in general not given anywhere near enough information about these drugs before they are prescribed for us, so we find out the hard way, after we're already addicted and/or experiencing bizarre symptoms we had no way of knowing about until they hit.  And sometimes it's hard for family members to understand just how tough it can be, if they themselves have never been through anything like this.  I think I was able to convince my husband that a lot of the behavior he was seeing WASN'T ME--it was the clonazepam, which I came to think of as something like a demon that had possessed me.  I found that a useful metaphor, the idea of being possessed by something alien, because that's exactly what it felt like some of the time: often I felt that I didn't recognize the person I had become.  Getting off of clonazepam allowed me to relocate that person, and what a relief to find that she'd never really gone anywhere--she was just hiding out until the storm (I think I'm stealing that term from Braydenlove) passed.

Lots of people here reporting bad dreams here lately, and I had one myself last night (I don't often have nightmares).  I was making a lot of noise, and my husband woke me up.  I don't really remember the dream, although I do recall that it was bad without being terrifyingly horrible.  Just enough to make me vocalize.  On benzodiazepines I've more often had dreams that were strange than actual nightmares, so this may just have been a fluke.  Anyway, I still got a pretty good night's sleep.

I want to mention Tiger Balm again, because I'm liking this treatment, but it does also require a caveat.  I think the patches, whose strongest ingredient I believe is camphor, are safe to put on any part of your body that isn't a mucous membrane and doesn't have any open wounds or abrasions.  It's one of the therapies recommended for people with interstitial cystitis, which suggests that it's OK to position a patch over skin that's in the vicinity of a major organ (on the abdomen, in the case of IC sufferers).  Tiger Balm liniment is another story.  It contains camphor also, but in addition it features wintergreen (methyl salicylate), which smells wonderful (well, to me, anyway), but you have to be careful of wintergreen, which is actually a natural NSAID, and can be toxic under certain conditions.  So I use it only on joints and muscles, no more than twice a day, and not too soon after bathing (when pores are more open).  The thing is, it does seem to be helping with my aching neck, and in fact it may be responsible for the fact that I slept unusually well last night (despite the bad dream) and the night before.  There's a pretty good variety of Tiger Balm products out there, so those of you looking for help with body pain can do some research and decide what may work best for you, if you want to try this stuff.  Please just be sure to read the label or package instructions REALLY carefully before you apply it!

Good luck, everyone--I hope for a peaceful afternoon and a good night's sleep for all.

Peace,

Rek     

Thanks for the tip, Rek.  I'll look into it.

Hi to everyone else! ........  I am hesitant to list names, in case I inadvertently leave someone out.

Rough day yesterday, but today is more promising. 

Sorry to hear about all the nightmares ...... no doubt another joyful facet of this w/d experience, seeing that several of you are commenting on this. 

Benzo flu is still my main symptom ........... I am trying to not fight it anymore and just accept that this hell will end ..... sooner than later, I hope! 

Frequent trips to the bathroom are also getting on my pip!!

Take care,

Lizie

Hi, Lizie!  I hope you find a type of Tiger Balm (or something similar) that brings you relief.  Even just a little bit of ease can make a difference, I've found.  And I hope that benzo flu lets up on you soon, too--enough, already!  Keeping my fingers crossed.

TINNITUS!  I meant to comment on this in my last post.  A year or more ago, a chorus of castrati cicadas took up residence inside my head, and has never departed since: they appear to be a permanent fixture.  Sometimes they are very loud, sometimes rather soft . . . but they're always there, and they never, ever shut up.  I've got used to them.  Most of the time I don't even notice them--maybe once in a while when they decide to turn up the volume.  I more or less figure that this is something I will have to deal with for the rest of my life.  I don't know what the cause is, since they predate my nasty little dance with clonazepam . . . although before the clonazepam I'd been for years a very occasional user of Xanax, so maybe that's it--I'm sure I don't know.  Anyway, I have no advice on how to cure tinnitus, and in fact I'm not sure there IS a cure (there's this stuff you can get at Whole Foods called Ring Stop, but I've never tried it), but I'm here to say that it is--at least in theory--possible to live with those #$%&* cicadas.

Good luck, everyone!

Peace,

Rek

Oh boy, I hear you Luci & others still struggling off Klonopin!

I am 5 months free -after a 9mo taper & switch to Valium- & am still a mess.

Extreme fatigue, & muscle stiffness pain & weakness -are the worst for me -

along w/ just feeling horrenously awful.

I have a few hrs here & there- usually in the morning or late evening -when I feel a bit

better & can do a few errands or things around the house.

Am a writhing zombie much of the rest of the time.

Hard to fathom when one has been active & productive all one's life. Aieee...

Wish I had a better report to give.

Had not heard that Klon wd can cause severe muscle problems -but sure can attest to that!

Dr today suggested I try pregabalin -Lyrica- to see if it might help, & also baclofen.

Am naturally leary of trying anything -but getting desperate.

Any thoughts anyone??

margaretisabel

Lyrica is a baby benzo or at the very least a cousin of the benzos. I would be very careful. It is hard to get off of them I have heard. I dont know if they can make wd worse or not. some here are on it. But I would be very very careful. I dont know much about the muscle relaxer. You may want to check to see if they work on GABA or not.

Hope you heal quickly.

Lyrica is NOT a "baby benzo" and not a "cousin of the benzos". This is a complete lie and misleading spoken from no background in psychopharmacology. Lyrica is a Calcium Channel mediator, binding to Alpha-2-Delta subcomplex on Calcium Channels. It shouldn't be contraindicated at all with benzo withdrawal, and seems like it would potentially help with the anxiety associated with benzo withdrawal, indirectly, without touching GABA whatsoever.

There are two things I would like to mention:

1. You can go as slow or as fast in your taper as you feel comfortable.  As long as you're tapering, you're lessening the chemical dependence.  There's no evidence to suggest that a longer taper increases dependence.  Ashton's studies found that over-rapid w/d correlated to protracted w/d, but what over-rapid w/d means to you is relative.

2. You don't have to be a long-term user to experience acute w/d sxs, or protracted w/d.  Chemical dependence is chemical dependence.

Hi, Lizie!  I hope you find a type of Tiger Balm (or something similar) that brings you relief.  Even just a little bit of ease can make a difference, I've found.  And I hope that benzo flu lets up on you soon, too--enough, already!  Keeping my fingers crossed.

TINNITUS!  I meant to comment on this in my last post.  A year or more ago, a chorus of castrati cicadas took up residence inside my head, and has never departed since: they appear to be a permanent fixture.  Sometimes they are very loud, sometimes rather soft . . . but they're always there, and they never, ever shut up.  I've got used to them.  Most of the time I don't even notice them--maybe once in a while when they decide to turn up the volume.  I more or less figure that this is something I will have to deal with for the rest of my life.  I don't know what the cause is, since they predate my nasty little dance with clonazepam . . . although before the clonazepam I'd been for years a very occasional user of Xanax, so maybe that's it--I'm sure I don't know.  Anyway, I have no advice on how to cure tinnitus, and in fact I'm not sure there IS a cure (there's this stuff you can get at Whole Foods called Ring Stop, but I've never tried it), but I'm here to say that it is--at least in theory--possible to live with those #$%&* cicadas.

Good luck, everyone!

Peace,

Rek

Rek,

So how do you ever get used to living with tinnitus?!  Either mine is worse than average or I just don't cope with it as well as others...or a combination of the two.  But it just drives me crazy and makes it difficult to sleep at night.  I feel like I never have any real peace with this constant noise in my head. 

perfect daughter

Hi everyone, hope you're having a good evening. I'm spending every free moment applying for jobs. Today was another cycle of working hard and told I was wrong. I finally went to human resources. It will probably be thrown back in my face, but next week we're having a company-wide seminar called "Respect in the Workplace" so I wanted to pipe up before I blew a gasket. (REALLY??) Looks like the Evil Executive Secretary is being promoted to being my supervisor. Life is just ducky.

And now for the new and exciting symptom of the day!..So...who here has had a migraine? I am having my first (so this will be short - light sucks). The left side of my head is throbbing in the temple and my EYE socket hurts, go figure. It's almost like I'm beyond the twitching...I'm going to eat quietly with a book tonight in the bedroom.

Have a wonderful night, everyone. Just hurts too much to keep typing...hugs.

Hey, PerfectDaughter - I wish I had a good answer to your question.  Naturally, I can't know how bad your tinnitus is, whether your "cicadas" are louder than mine, or whether you're perhaps just more sensitive to them.  Maybe part of the reason I was able to adjust is that I had *occasional* tinnitus for a long, long time, so since I would have this noise happen now and then anyway, and would just tune it out when it did, it wasn't that much of a stretch for me just to tune it out almost all the time.  Every once in a while it does get to me, but I'd have to say that, of the things that have the potential to keep me awake at night, tinnitus isn't high on the list.  One thing you might want to try, if you haven't already, is the mindfulness body-scan (you can find one approach to this described here: http://www.mindfulnessmeditation.org/2012/03/08/body-scan-meditation-technique-for-mindfulness-meditation/).  The body-scan trains you to focus your attention on very specific parts of the body, one after another; the process can, at least potentially, help draw attention AWAY from something--like noise in your ears--that's bugging you.  The body-scan is used in wakeful meditation in a sitting-up posture, but you can use it also lying down, and when I do that I assume there is a good chance it will end up putting me to sleep, so in that instance I don't undertake it with the intention of being mindful-awake, if you see what I mean.  I regard it, in that situation, as a great self-soothing technique, and if it just calms me down, that's fine, but if it actually puts me to sleep, that's fine, too.  It may be worth a try--I hope it helps, or that, if it doesn't, either your tinnitus goes away or you find another method of dealing with it that brings you some relief.  I wonder whether it would be worth trying Ring Stop--perhaps you could look into it, at least, although when you're in benzo withdrawal you do want to be very cautious about any new thing taken by mouth.

Deinoncote, it's good to hear from you--and you always have good information and insights.  Thank you.

SkyZone, good to hear from YOU, too, and know you're out there--keep up your good work!

Hey, Jax, if you do read Wonder, let me know what you think, OK?

Peace to all,

Rek   

Ouf, Jax, your post came in while I was typing.  I have had migraines, but mostly pre-menopause, and I'm post- all that now, so they don't happen so much.  I take sumatriptan when I get one--half-a-milligram seems to do it.  But I don't know whether you want to take any medication that strong, unless it should turn out that you start to get these things regularly, which I do hope you won't.  Sounds as though your headache was exacerbated, if not caused, by stress.  Lord, I hope you can find another job--where you are just sounds like such an exhausting place to be, trying to second-guess people all the time and deal with the stupid politics.  What about that recruiter who was interested at one point?  You haven't mentioned that in a while, so I sort of assume for whatever reason it didn't pan out, but thought I would ask. 

I hope you can at least get some sleep tonight!  Restful sleep, with no yucky dreams.  That's what I wish for you.

Peace,

Rek

Jax, my daughter and I use peppermint essential oil for migraines.  It works about 3/4 of the time, and of course is most effective if we use it when symptoms first start.  You massage a bit into the area just above and behind your temples (just above the ear). We were told temples, but we find that it tends to migrate forward after several minutes, so when we put it directly on the temples, it ends up making our eyes water.

Just make sure to wash your hands thoroughly after applying it!  It only takes one time of forgetting, then rubbing your eyes, to ensure that you'll never forget again  ;)

Rek,

Thanks so much for the tip on the mindfulness body-scan...anything that will help me focus my attention away from the noise in my ears, especially at night...is worth a try!  :)

perfect daughter

[f6...]