Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I Look LIke Hell

[Mi...]

Oh my goodness! Can I join this group?! Half my hair has fallen out so far and I've gained 20 lbs!! I could have used the first 10, but now it's just getting sad, especially on my 5 foot frame. And I expect a stretch mark to pop up any minute on my stomach…it's huge!! I'm dreading summer with my thin, stringy hair blowing in the wind and my gut hanging out! Not to mention I've aged 10 years in the last 6 months! Seriously though, it's beyond depressing looking in the mirror. I really try to avoid it at all costs right now. I definitely plan to do something really nice for myself once this is all behind me, like a day at the spa and hair extensions!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ca...]

• [su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel like im falling apart. im 110 pounds..no energy..low blood pressure..breaking out..hair sucks...i just look like i feel..like @#%&

I haven't worn anything but sweats for months. I don't know how i am going to make it through the summer. My hair is bad but my skin is worse. Surprisingly my nails haven't taken the same beating as the rest of my body so if you just look at my hands you'd think I was fine. I wish I felt like summer clothes shopping. I hope you are doing better every day.

I've never looked worse!  Just had lunch with my friends and I could see it in their faces!! "What's the matter with HER?"  Didn't help that I hadn't slept at all last night, I'm pale from staying inside and my hair is also falling out...

I’ll join in here I am a 53 year old minister which both looks and feels like I am at least 65 or over, a doctor I went to not to long ago asked me if I had a senior citizens card so I could get a 20% discount on my meds here in the Philippines!!!

Wow I couldn’t believe it >:(…… talk about a complex and a half :-\!!!

God help us all

Watchman

I get offered senior discounts too.  Personally, I'd rather pay.  Found out yesterday that the "old lady" at the grocery store is 3 mos. younger than I am.  The lady at the dentist's office thought I was my daughter's grandmother.  :tickedoff:

It really blows your mind right! The bad part about it is that it since I was already insulted it sounded like a good idea but I am a minister and cannot lie so I asked God to forgive me for the thought!!! This is messed up big time…… we’ll get there only when God only knows

God hold you

Watchman :thumbsup:

Hey Guys back in April of 2010 I was going through tolerance w/d from the K - benzo/s and had no idea what it was but I thought I was losing my mind so I went to a shrink, he told me I was suffering from GAD -general anxiety disorder and put me on Zoloft and Zanax, I lost SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much weight and was bed ridden so bad I didn’t even take a bath for over a month I looked like death rolled over there times! These drugs are nothing short than demonic :tickedoff:!!!

Be blessed

I shaved today... things must be looking up... hate that my arms are starting to get floppy.

I´m a 41 year old guy and i have bingo wings.  :tickedoff:

Must say i looked somewhat better after shaving... i am going to try and keep up my appearance a bit more but i have said that before...  :crazy:

Oscar (super slob)

Hey Watchman, thanks for the encouragement.  Sorry you went through all that.  Sorry for saying HELL to a minister!    If you have an in with the Big Guy upstairs, see if you can get some hair sent my way.  ;D

Oscar, if you shaved today, you are 2 months ahead of me, I have hair everywhere but on my head. ;D

MiniMinnie

Oscar, if you shaved today, you are 2 months ahead of me, I have hair everywhere but on my head. ;D

MiniMinnie

Well i have given up on washing and brushing mine... i may take mine off tomorrow... we can be twins then.  :laugh:

Oscar :smitten:

My hair is SO dry along with my skin, I have alligator skin. I finally showered today, but didn't style it. Takes too much energy :tickedoff:. I want to look good for my husband, recently married almost 9 months ago, but I absolutely look and feel like hell.

I've let myself go, don't really have much of a choice since I'm tapering Valium, but I've never looked this bad before. I've got a long road ahead of me and I hate to think what I'm going to look like when I'm done.

I don't want to be vain, but it's crippling my self esteem. I've been breaking out with hives on my face along with eczema.

It's just nice to know that I'm not alone in this.

rhapsodygirl

Hey Watchman, thanks for the encouragement.  Sorry you went through all that.  Sorry for saying HELL to a minister!    If you have an in with the Big Guy upstairs, see if you can get some hair sent my way.  ;D

MiniMinnie

I truly love all you guys and were all going to get through this togather!!! May the Lord smile upon all of us and fill us with his peace!!!

Shalom/Watchman :thumbsup:

My hair is SO dry along with my skin, I have alligator skin. I finally showered today, but didn't style it. Takes too much energy :tickedoff:. I want to look good for my husband, recently married almost 9 months ago, but I absolutely look and feel like hell.

I've let myself go, don't really have much of a choice since I'm tapering Valium, but I've never looked this bad before. I've got a long road ahead of me and I hate to think what I'm going to look like when I'm done.

I don't want to be vain, but it's crippling my self esteem. I've been breaking out with hives on my face along with eczema.

rhapsodygirl

Just think how your inner beauty will shine through when you are done... it will show, i am sure of that and you´ll be pleased as punch.

Besides, even if that takes awhile... it is what´s inside that counts *says as carefully takes another mirror off the wall*  :laugh:

This is temporary... we don´t need Extreme Makeovers... yet. ;)

We´ll get ourselves looking good again... at least you girlies can wear make up... at this rate i´ll need to become a drag artist.  :laugh:

Oscar.

rhapsodygirl

Just think how your inner beauty will shine through when you are done... it will show, i am sure of that and you´ll be pleased as punch.

Besides, even if that takes awhile... it is what´s inside that counts *says as carefully takes another mirror off the wall*  :laugh:

This is temporary... we don´t need Extreme Makeovers... yet. ;)

We´ll get ourselves looking good again... at least you girlies can wear make up... at this rate i´ll need to become a drag artist.  :laugh:

Oscar.

Hey Brother Oscar

I think these withdrawals is putting us through male menopause!!!

Be blessed

Withdrawl is a Meanie!!! On EVERY level.. I mean Really!!!! Its so bad we loose our Minds.We loose our Body's. And now we have to loose our Sexy..I was a mess. I mean a awful excuse for a woman. I couldn't do it. My hair was long and Black did nothing with it.I'm a makeup artist and I Never not do my face.But in w/d I couldn't. I had no strength in my arms to hold them up longer then 3 Min's. What a Mess.I swear I thought this was going to age me. I would have been so pissed. lol Yes I am a bit Vein. LOL Na I just really take pride in being a woman always have.But looking at myself in w/d was so Not COOL!!! Hang in Girls and Guys.

When we get better everything restores even our SEXY!!! :yippee: Bahaha

~Jenny

Miniminnie- heehee, I feel you dog:)  My looks went as soon as I started taking the stuff. I immediately gained 7 pounds, then with the wd, I gained another 7....I am bloated as all hell, my skin is so broken out, my face is pale, my skin is awful.  I never do my hair or make up, I have no money, hence no cute clothes, so I walk around looking like a complete bummmmm.  Somedays it gets to me when I have to see other people, BUT like zak, it is just the least of my worries, I want my life back, not my looks:)  I know how crummy this whole thing is, it strips us right don't to our core doesn't it?  I look at it as a general breaking down process, then building us back up to a better us.  Have you seen "You've Got Mail?"  Tom Hanks says (after being really rude to Meg Ryan). Do you ever feel like you have become the worst version of yourself? Hello, its Mr. Nasty!  Well, this is a for sure way to know we will never become that, because we are being forced to be our true self, and to be very honest and humble by all of this.  I would have to say its going to be pretty exciting on the other side.....sometimes I wonder, will I even know when I am better?  Will I even recognize it?  How will you know when you are better?  What will be different?  Will I remember these lessons I am learning, or will I take life for granted again?  Anyways, looks fade, they come back, I mean when your spirit is broken, you look broken because well, we are right now.  Beauty is skin deep right, well we are hurting, and it shows, but then when we heal, and are happy again, that will show too, and we will have our glow back:) 

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Sarah

Good news Jenny.  Really needed to hear this wasn't prematurely aging me and that I'll have my "sexy" back!

Yeah me too Jenny LOL!!!

God hold you guys

Sarah-I really liked your reply. Without being able to see any of you I imagine you are all beautiful but of how kind your spirits are. Just being healed will more than enough for me. I have spent too much of my life worrying about what I look like. Not really important in the whole scheme of things.....

[d0...]

hey Oscar

to funny in Australia at schools we have a place called the tuckshop its where the kids get their food and here those arms are called tuckshop arms you know middle aged woman helping out and their arms are drooping.  My looks seem ok everyone is saying oh you look fantastic seriously thank goodness they cant see my brain so i dont know whats going on .

Lizzy :)

Hey Sarah, thanks for the encouraging words.  The only thing I take exception to is "I want myself back, not my looks"  WELL I WANT BOTH!  Hi Watchman.  Lizzy, glad you still look good even though you feel like hell, that's a hair better than feeling and looking like hell.    Though if its a choice, I guess feeling better would win by a hair.  Probably win by the only hair I've got left.

MiniMinnie

I would like to announce that i just had a shower... i know, that´s too much but i strip washed for the past month. :-[

I still look hung over to buggery. >:(

All this healthy eating and drinking tons of water is not doing a damn thing.  :tickedoff:

Oscar