I Look LIke Hell

[Mi...]

On a good note, the old libido has woken up now that I am free...my poor husband. lol

I thought this was just me and wanted to post a topic about it but was a little shy.  Since coming off benzos, I often walk around feeling ...........a bit......... aroused.  Kinda like all the nerves are waking up "down there"  Glad this is an anonymous forum! >:D

MiniMinnie

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ca...]

• [su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately can relate. But not nearly as severe. I started taking a multiviatimin everyday and drinking lots of milk. Benzo withdrawal depletes vitamin D and B really bad. Once I start taking the vitamins and drinking milk a lot of the symptom you have explained went away.

Hi Redwritinghood,

Many on this board advise against taking the vitamin B and D while in withdrawal and recovery.  I personally take supplements too and can't say that they have had a bad effect on me like others have reported.  I'm still waiting for it to make me look better however! ;D

MiniMinnie

Just wanted to let everyone know, I'm a christian, I pray daily and still look like shit! Wanted to put that out there.

A Christain with a sense of humor, I love it!  You made me laugh so hard and that's good medicine!  Thanks panicattackzak.

MiniMinnie

Kate mentioned it, but have you had your thyroid checked? Your symptoms sound just like thyroid conditions. My thyroid levels have changed during WD. Also ladies try BIOTIN for your hair. It works! Mine has stopped thinning and breaking off as much. I recently lost 80 pounds and I think it's helping with my skin too.

Kate mentioned it, but have you had your thyroid checked? Your symptoms sound just like thyroid conditions. My thyroid levels have changed during WD.

My thyroid levels were checked end of Jan 2012 and were all normal.  I think its just the havoc these demon drugs wreak on our bodies. :tickedoff:

MiniMinnie

On a good note, the old libido has woken up now that I am free...my poor husband. lol

I thought this was just me and wanted to post a topic about it but was a little shy.  Since coming off benzos, I often walk around feeling ...........a bit......... aroused.  Kinda like all the nerves are waking up "down there"  Glad this is an anonymous forum! >:D

MiniMinnie

lol oh my gosh that is so funny. I feel like that too most days. Never thought I would hear my husband saying he has a headache.

It will get Better!!!!

Hi everyone,

I have been just where you are as well where I looked like death warmed over.  Hair falling out, deep dark circles under my eyes, skin sallow, the list goes on and on. 

Today I got a pleasant surprise, a really pleasant surprise.  I had my well womens check up today and the PA was inputting all my info into the computer and asked me when my last period was.  I told her she must be kidding. She looked at me kind of strange and then looked at my birthdate and said "OMG you look so young, I'm jealous". BTW I'm 61.  :)  Sure made my day since I had to lay on that lovely table with my legs spread.

Just give it time guys, balance will return to your bodies and so will your hair.  Hang in there and let the healing continue.

Hugs,

pianogirl  :smitten: :smitten:

Oh, Minnie...so funny!  Aren't there any accommodating men nearby? :laugh:

Challis :smitten:

Hubby is out of town for 2 weeks.  And as for accommodating, there is a beer bellied goober with a ball cap walking around power washing my house right now but I do have my standards. :laugh:

MiniMinnie

Oh Minnie, sorry!  :oops: I remembered your post about the dirty rat ex-husband but not the good one you've got!!  Brain dead...what can I say, other than you'll be glad to see him when he gets home!

It will get Better!!!!

Hi everyone,

I have been just where you are as well where I looked like death warmed over.  Hair falling out, deep dark circles under my eyes, skin sallow, the list goes on and on. 

Today I got a pleasant surprise, a really pleasant surprise.  I had my well womens check up today and the PA was inputting all my info into the computer and asked me when my last period was.  I told her she must be kidding. She looked at me kind of strange and then looked at my birthdate and said "OMG you look so young, I'm jealous". BTW I'm 61.  :)  Sure made my day since I had to lay on that lovely table with my legs spread.

Just give it time guys, balance will return to your bodies and so will your hair.  Hang in there and let the healing continue.

Hugs,

pianogirl  :smitten: :smitten:

PIANOGIRL THANK YOU!  Aren't you the lucky one to look so good.  There is hope for those of us struggling with this issue yet.  Until then, no one down here in the land of seniors run amok argues with me when I request my AARP discount.  One is thankful for small benefits.

MiniMinnie

I'm glad I'm not the only senior here!  Thought this might be a forum of youngsters... :pokey:  Before I started tapering someone asked if my 3 year old granddaughter was my daughter, but that was B-E-F-O-R-E  w/d hit.

Jumped on this thread and got me smiling. It's been a tough day for me and I laughed out loud. What was up with the Miss Kim posts?Guess she has lost her sense of humor which is therapy for us all.  Just for the record , I am Christian too and have said my daily prayers but aint getting around the reality of withdrawals.

Cheers!

Recover

[3c...]

Ms Minnie my darling friend

i have been absent from this wall due to well you know issues surrounding myself and all.  Whats the go with Ms Kim i seriously would have come to your defense as you have in mine.  However i see that you are amazing at defending yourself.  Seriously not a great time to bring religion into the story is it.  If it was only that easy we would all be healed.  You cant blame god.  anyway no religious stuff here.  lovely im doing it touch the outside is ok but inside is a bundle of nerves. 

oh how i wish i would have tapered should these silly doctors have had any idea no wonder im frayed.

Well lovely hope your feeling good.

Love Lizzyxx

"Am now down to 110mg Librium per day"  I would feel great too if I was on 110mg of librium!  Thank you Miss Kim...I know you are only trying to help us.  I am a Christian, go to church every week, pray that THIS will end everyday and heck, I teach CCD to 4th graders, I also am on a ministry (volunteer) for my church.  I visit the sick and homebound.  I like to think Jesus is real happy with me....BUT He aint healing this.  I felt like weighing in on this one, because we were FINALLY laughing about this living hell and your comment was an insult to my faith.  Man, u really stepped into the lions den on this one!!!  I know u r in withdrawal, and like me, ur judgement is most likely off.  BUT we are weak, fat, bitchy, smelly, bald, anti-social shut ins.....what did u expect???  LOL!  :smitten:Candy

[3c...]

hahahahah Candy love it girlfriend

Hey is that a high dose she is on or what Im not sure???  guess what candy i dont smell yet should i expect that soon. lol  Do you think its happening to me because I dont go to church hell no .  We are all loved equally and I dont appreciate hearing stuff like that we are supposed to boost each other up not the other way around.  I started an Im angry at the medical profession thread and boy i got a serve to by someone who said they were not angry but clearly were.  If i wanted to come on here and get pulled down I may as well just chat to my miserable self all day.

nice to meet you

Lizzy xx

Sorry I tried to help. I am beautiful, feel good, have my long dark hair, work out now and am going tanning shortly. I also raise teenagers. I am sorry you are so bitter that all you can do is hate on someone, poke fun at like little kids and laugh. Hope you all feel good about your behaviors.

Have a wonderful day. Time for me to move on...

Miss Kim. Here is the place where you can post your religious beliefs: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=66.0

and here are the guidelines for that section:

As stated in our Registration Agreement and in the Forum User Manual, BenzoBuddies is a secular community. Most secular online forums expressly disallow religious discussions, as they tend to be very divisive, and attract an element that feel they have the right to proselytize their faith, without respect or regard to the community to which they post. On the other hand, we understand that for some members, their religious beliefs help them cope with benzodiazepine withdrawal. So, pragmatically, we try to accommodate such discussion by providing this dedicated board. However, this does not mean there is a free-for-all, where anything goes. By us providing this concession (and it is a concession for the reasons already outlined), there are certain restrictions placed upon such topics. At the heart of the guidelines is that this board must not be used to proselytize religious beliefs. We regard the simple quoting of scripture (or prayers, or religious songs) - where the post is not designed to engage other members in a dialogue - as proselytization. Such posts are about preaching a particular religious viewpoint or faith. Not only does this policy protect individual members with no particular faith, but also members with particular faiths from attempts of conversion to other doctrines. Given that we, as a secular community, appreciate (and respect) that some of our members would value the provision of this space (when most secular forums would simply disallow such discussion), we would appreciate that this respect is reciprocated by understanding that our few simple guidelines are reasonable and for the benefit of the whole community.

This forum is for the benefit of the entire membership and since our international community is so diverse, it is not possible for us to please all members in all respects. However, if everyone follows the guidelines, we should be able to maintain a harmonious atmosphere that is beneficial to everyone. •This board may be used to describe how your faith or personal philosophy has helped you to cope with benzodiazepine withdrawal or recovery. •Posts that are an attack upon the beliefs of others, will be removed. •Posts that are not designed to engage other members in dialogue, or instead simply quotes of scriptures, prayers or hymns will be removed.

Miss Kim. You don't need to "move on", only to be respectful of the rules of this forum. You can post about religion in the Faith and Philosophy section, according to forum rules above. As on my "cold turkey" thread, you seem to have offended a few folks on this thread too. It might be best to rethink the proselytizing as you've gotten a similar reaction at least once before.

God Bless,

Vertigo

Vertigo, yes I do understand. I went there and saw some beautiful things written. I am sorry if I offended anyone but not sorry for the truth I told of how I have been healing. BTW, I am no longer on 110mg Librium. Also it is called witnessing, not prostylatizing or however you spell it.

[3c...]

Miss Kim

Im sorry but do you know how amazing my friend Mr V is he is only trying to follow the rules and make it noted.  He provides the most wonderful support to those of us who are reaching out.  This thread is titled I LOOK LIKE HELL you have just told us all how beautiful you are doesnt that seem a bit unfair to those of us who are the ugly ducklings of benzo withdrawal.  We are struggling both mentally and physically.  Please please dont bring stress to those of us who are already so stressed.

yours truly

Lizzy

ld1,  I think the horse is dead.  BUT....20-25mg of Librium is for SEVERE anxiety, 5-10 mg is given before surgery.  So 110mg is a very high dose.  The way I feel, if I had 1mg, I think I may head for the gym and get me a tan!  Miss Kim, we are not attaching u or making fun of u.  We are ALL going thru withdrawal here.  If there was a magic pill or if we could pray this away....we wouldn't be here.  Your coment was maybe a reminder to some peeps, that the prayers aren't working....  OR maybe people dont believe in praying.  My oldest child is now 28.  I do not dislike u.  I understand what u were trying to do in your original post and I appreciate it.  Religion and politics r two subjects that should be avoided in social situations (unless u r looking for conflict)...and especially in such a diverse population such as bb (especially in the withdrawal forum.)  I was not polking fun at u, only trying to get people laughing again.  Be well miss kim.  :smitten:  Candy

Vertigo, yes I do understand. I went there and saw some beautiful things written. I am sorry if I offended anyone but not sorry for the truth I told of how I have been healing. BTW, I am no longer on 110mg Librium. Also it is called witnessing, not prostylatizing or however you spell it.

Hi Miss Kim. I don't think you are getting it. Below are some definitions that might help:

Proselytizing intrudes into the person’s spiritual life and pushes him/her to convert (i.e., accept Jesus as the only spiritual path). Muslims in their own countries often proselytize Catholics, who are forced to renounce their faith or suffer severe consequences, even death. Many centuries ago too many misinformed Catholics proselytized Jews. Catholic teaching, based on free will, firmly rejects such activities.

Miss Kim. I believe the above definition which was posted on the web, no matter how well intended or in belief that you were only "witnessing", defines the effect of your recent posts

Evangelizing witnesses to the faith and allows the person to decide for himself whether to come forward. Jesus of Nazareth spoke to the people wherever they gathered to hear Him. Each individual was free to stay or go, believe or not, and be responsible to God alone for his decision.

When you express how your healing (my views, not from the web as the definitions above) was helped by your faith, that is one thing. When you tell others that they are sick because they don't believe as you do or that others "should" believe something other than their own faith or will remain or become more sick, it not only falls short of witnessing, but borders on cruel.

Have a nice day,

Vertigo

MISS KIM

Though you had moved on.  Wish you had.  There is beautiful and there is ugly.  Beautiful is the love and support I have found with most of these posts as we are going through one of the most difficult times of our lives.  Times that have impacted our entire bodies, including our looks.  Ugly is a smug, self satisfied, condescending attitude that sows discord, helps no one and is cloaked in the guise of "helping". If you can't show the love and the grace your religion espouses, stay off my thread. You may now consider yourself a martyr to your religion so move on. Again.

MiniMinnie