Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I Look LIke Hell

[Mi...]

I am more accepting of all these symptoms this time around.

Minnie,

I think this is key.  Am expecting Benzo-Wise: A Recovery Companion in the mail any day.  Will share helpful stuff, but its premise is acceptance and positivity, which you are very good at.

Challis :smitten:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ca...]

• [su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[bc...]

Hey Mini

Sorry to hear you a not doing well again.  However think positively because you know those waves were going great there for a while woops i mean windows so you will get more windows real soon.  At least your hair is looking good.

Love you

Lizzyxx

Challis that will be good getting some tips from that book please do share xxxx

Aw Lizzie, I love you too.  How are you going in your new environment?  You should start a new blog so we can find you easily.  Entitle it something like "Tales From the Crypt" or All Quiet in the Snake Pit" Or "I'm Okay, You're Okay, Am I REALLY Okay?"  Seriously, hope you are getting what you need there.  Let us know what its like!  I am thinking of you dear Lizzy.  You might be in hospital but you can't get away from us!

:smitten:

MiniMinnie

[bc...]

hey lovely will go start a new hospital detox blog ok

so we can keep some conversations in the same place.

Love Lizzyxx

Need some help on which is the correct Jason shampoo...is it

JASON Natural Jojoba Long and Strong for Healthy Hair Growth,

JASON Natural Cosmetics Everyday Hair Care- Natural Biotin Shampoo, Ginseng & Chamomi​le, or

JASON Natural Cosmetics Shampoo, Thin-To-Thick Hair & Scalp Therapy??    ???

Minnie,

I think this is key.  Am expecting Benzo-Wise: A Recovery Companion in the mail any day.  Will share helpful stuff, but its premise is acceptance and positivity, which you are very good at.

Where can I buy Benzo Wise: A Recovery Companion in the  US? Amazon says it's not available, Barns and Noble wants $65.00 for paperback. I can't find the book anywhere. Any ideas????

Thank you,

rhapsodygirl

Minnie,

Where can I buy Benzo Wise: A Recovery Companion in the  US? Amazon says it's not available, Barns and Noble wants $65.00 for paperback. I can't find the book anywhere. Any ideas????

Thank you,

rhapsodygirl

It's out of print.  But the good news is there is an updated version called Recovery and Renewal out in a couple of weeks on Amazon... 

Need some help on which is the correct Jason shampoo...is it

JASON Natural Jojoba Long and Strong for Healthy Hair Growth,

JASON Natural Cosmetics Everyday Hair Care- Natural Biotin Shampoo, Ginseng & Chamomi​le, or

JASON Natural Cosmetics Shampoo, Thin-To-Thick Hair & Scalp Therapy??    ???

Hi Sunnygirl!

None of the above.  The one I use is Jason's Restorative Bioten shampoo and conditioner.  Hope this helps.

MiniMinnie

[

It's out of print.  But the good news is there is an updated version called Recovery and Renewal out in a couple of weeks on Amazon...

I looked it up on Amazon...search came back only with Runaway Husbands...one can only wish, sometimes... :laugh:

Rhapsody Girl,

Check eBay...I bought the last used copy on Amazon, but there was a new one for $999.  Not kidding.

[14...]

I wish my roots weren't dark. :sick: I envy you Minnie. Although I colored mine about 6 months ago while in the beginning of w/d, it's been in pretty bad shape since then. Hasn't really improved. Super scared to do my roots for fear of it just breaking off right there. So 2-tone hair I live with for now in a super skinny ponytail. It's all I got left. :-[

I used a whole mini-sized bottle of Redken Anti-Snap which was much better than buying a whole huge bottle and it seems to have made what's left of my hair smoother. Definitely worth a try because it's a leave-in and you don't rinse it out. Anything that's easiest is whats for me :) I also snipped the slightest bit off my ends. I'm hoping this does something because last night my hair looked like a fluff ball of cotton candy (which is relly weird looking because it's so long) and it was breaking off in my hands in little pieces.

And for those looking for the Jason products, definitely look into Vitacost.com - it's seriously the best place to get almost anything natural or supplement-wise and it's so much cheaper. They have the biotin shampoo. The Anti-Snap is a protein treatment, so I'm gonna try something different like the biotin or a deep conditioner next. I read that too much protein is no good neither. If anyone finds out something else that works, let me know. I'm willing to try anything. I refuse to cut anymore of what's left of my hair off. :tickedoff:

I looked it up on Amazon...search came back only with Runaway Husbands...one can only wish, sometimes... :laugh:

LOL Challis.  Although there is a certain Dickensian logic in Benzo Wise: a Recovery Companion being linked with Runaway Husbands!  Funny that I could have used both books at different points in my life.

MiniMinnie

I wish my roots weren't dark. :sick: I envy you Minnie. Although I colored mine about 6 months ago while in the beginning of w/d, it's been in pretty bad shape since then. Hasn't really improved. Super scared to do my roots for fear of it just breaking off right there. So 2-tone hair I live with for now in a super skinny ponytail. It's all I got left. :-[

I used a whole mini-sized bottle of Redken Anti-Snap which was much better than buying a whole huge bottle and it seems to have made what's left of my hair smoother. Definitely worth a try because it's a leave-in and you don't rinse it out. Anything that's easiest is whats for me :) I also snipped the slightest bit off my ends. I'm hoping this does something because last night my hair looked like a fluff ball of cotton candy (which is relly weird looking because it's so long) and it was breaking off in my hands in little pieces.

And for those looking for the Jason products, definitely look into Vitacost.com - it's seriously the best place to get almost anything natural or supplement-wise and it's so much cheaper. They have the biotin shampoo. The Anti-Snap is a protein treatment, so I'm gonna try something different like the biotin or a deep conditioner next. I read that too much protein is no good neither. If anyone finds out something else that works, let me know. I'm willing to try anything. I refuse to cut anymore of what's left of my hair off. :tickedoff:

Hi Kate6,

Thanks for the review on Antisnap, I will put it on my list of things to try.  I have perused the Vitacost.com site and I like it.  I am a big fan of Swansonsvitamins.com too, I order a lot of supplements and products form them.  Its where I got the Jason's shampoo and conditioner.  It looks like the two sites are very comparable price wise.  If I find any other products I will post a review here and you do the same Sara6.  Hopefully all this, including our hair issues will be behind us.

MiniMinnie

Mini Minnie - Thanks!  I did see that one and meant to included it in my question but benzo brain strikes again!  Anyway, will put Jason's Restorative Bioten shampoo and conditioner on the list.  <fingers crossed>

Challis:2funny:  Very funny.  Hang in there, do another search in a couple weeks.

ok, so i have heard of people getting rashes from this wd, but i never experienced it until now. Lucky me I am in my fourth month and all of a sudden my skin breaks out like I am 13 again, and rash all over my cheeks.  Ok it is official, I have lost my looks completely!

Smuel,

lol u r in good company!  I gained 30 lbs in 5 months.  I am trying to hide. I am so embarrassed I am bigger than I ever was during either pregnancy. AND I hardly eat. It's the raised cortisol levels that made me gain wt around lower abd & hips. Took my girls to the doc the other day. The doc took one look at me and asked me if I thought it made sense to walk while the kids r at school. She doesn't realize that if I could excercise, I'd take a shower & wash my hair. It was sooo humiliating. Candy

oh candy im so sorry you had to hear that!!!how rude! stupid doctor, ya why dont you go work out while in the midst of wd...grr makes you mad sometimes doesnt it?ya my hips and belly, my butt too kinda:) i think i gained like 15 pounds something like that:) sheesh!

Candy and Smuel,

It's somewhat reassuring to read your posts about weight gain.  I've been pretty much on the couch for two months and have never been so heavy!!  I believe I'm done with my taper as of today and now I'll tackle the next issue...losing this weight (I will not get on the scale so I don't know how much but it's ugly, and yes, butt, abdomen and hips).  I have eaten like a shipwrecked sailor for those two months.

Challis

She doesn't realize that if I could excercise, I'd take a shower & wash my hair.

:2funny:  Yep!!  I gained 30 lbs too.  :(

Challis- First of all Congrats!!!!!Way to go in finishing your taper so proud of you!  And yes, gaining weight all over, I used to pride myself on my flat tummy and skinny arms, but now, ALL of that is gone, I have this wobbly weird looking arms and a pregnant belly:)  Don't you worry your pretty little heart about losing weight, that will fall off when you are totally healed, just be gentle with yourself and eat healthy and the rest will just fall into place:)

Sunny- A year and a half ago I weight 110 pounds, over the course of a year and a half, along with the benzo's at the end, I gained almost 40 pounds, can you believe it??? I was way to skinny before, but now I am lookin a little on the hefty side haha.  In due time right??

Yes, in due time Sarah.  Some days I would wake up and there would be 3-4 lbs added to the scale.  Gained most of my weight ALL in 1 month!  Crazy scary, I felt I couldn't stop it!  Loved this advise you gave,

Don't you worry your pretty little heart about losing weight, that will fall off when you are totally healed, just be gentle with yourself and eat healthy and the rest will just fall into place.
  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

thx sunny:)it just blows my mind how some people lose a lot of weight and then others gain it like crazy, im like whaaaaa??

I hear you all!  I'm in this weighty group too.  During tolerance w/d I lost 8 pounds.  Well, since jumping I have gained all that back and more.  Its not just the weight, its the muscle tone too!  Now, I walk almost every day and also I work with free weights and do a stretching routine.  But you know what?  It isn't getting the results I used to get!  I swear my arms flap more, my stomach looks like I've been drinking a case of beer a day, and my legs quiver like jelly.  I'm hoping this is just another benzo hell situation that will right itself afterwards but who knows.  My old self is gone in so many ways, this is just another in a long line of insults.

MiniMinnie

I've gained to.  First I lost 32 lbs and now I have gained.  My stomach is horrible and my legs quiver like jelly too.  I am now walking 4 miles a day, biking over 4 and do 40 minutes of weight.  Its starting to improve a little.  My face also looked terrible.  It will get better.  My palms and fingers also are very wrinkled like I'm dehydrated.  Linder

30 lbs seems to be the magic number. That's how much I gained over the course of two taper. 15 in 3 months alone!