Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I Look LIke Hell

[Mi...]

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ca...]

• [su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Challis- dont worry, first thing is to heal, then after that you can focus on the weight if you want, but at the end of the day you are still beautiful, and find acceptance in the fact that we don't have much control over how much weight we gain or lose right now, our bodies are kind wigged out, so we need to be kind with ourselves:)  You will get there, just have to be patient:)  I am in month four, and I have lost about 6 pounds from the weight I gained.  Everyone is different, but I am most grateful for my new clarity of thought and the dr being gone than any amount of weight lost:)  Our mind is more precious to get back than our butts:)Don't worry it will all come together in good time!!!:)

Bear in mind that around my 8th month off klonopin I began to drop the weight just as rapidly without changing anything or exercising one stroke. I only gained it back again once I started tapering my a/d. I ended up heavier than with the benzo. But anyhoo, the main point is that I know for sure that benzo weight drops off on its own!

Bear in mind that around my 8th month off klonopin I began to drop the weight just as rapidly without changing anything or exercising one stroke. I only gained it back again once I started tapering my a/d. I ended up heavier than with the benzo. But anyhoo, the main point is that I know for sure that benzo weight drops off on its own!

:yippee:  this is good news, Princezz!!  Thank you!!  :yippee:

May I join in?

Only half way off Klonopin....started off strong but now I lost half my hair..doubled my greys! Gaining weight though I am happy with my weight overall...I get obsessive easily since I can't change my diet in any way due to food/chemical intolerance's and dry stomach. I look in the mirror and note in the last 3 months I could swear I aged 10 years....my skin is dry eczema some places...lumpy cottage cheese appear suddenly in others, yikes....I feel super fatigued. I keep pounding down the water but it does not seem to be hydrating me. I started stretching and isometric exercises when the nerve pain allows it. Am not driving but can walk. I walked in place and did lunges in my bedroom today for 20 mins while my Magnesium oil was soaking into my neck and back...getting inventive here. My wonderful Chiropractors tell me my liver is dumping hence my physical agony on top of w/d symptoms....taking taurine supplement to heal nerves and muscles as well as help with detox. Seems to be minimizing the muscle spasms and nerve pain....will see. Not ready to feel 90 but I do...!!!

Butterfly ))i((

Thanks Princezz!  Sorry ladies but glad I'm not alone. So glad to hear this weight will come off (hopefully easy like when I was preg) seeing I'm eating less than I ever have and healthier than I ever have (no sugar, low flour, no artificial anything, no processed foods, no alcohol, no coffee) it's cruel to look uglier than I ever have. (my outsides match my insides). I have also aged 10 yrs, hope this reverses also. Had some WEIRD dreams last night but yay, I'm dreaming, must be healing right?!  Candy

May I join in?

Only half way off Klonopin....started off strong but now I lost half my hair..doubled my greys! Gaining weight though I am happy with my weight overall...I get obsessive easily since I can't change my diet in any way due to food/chemical intolerance's and dry stomach. I look in the mirror and note in the last 3 months I could swear I aged 10 years....my skin is dry eczema some places...lumpy cottage cheese appear suddenly in others, yikes....I feel super fatigued. I keep pounding down the water but it does not seem to be hydrating me. I started stretching and isometric exercises when the nerve pain allows it. Am not driving but can walk. I walked in place and did lunges in my bedroom today for 20 mins while my Magnesium oil was soaking into my neck and back...getting inventive here. My wonderful Chiropractors tell me my liver is dumping hence my physical agony on top of w/d symptoms....taking taurine supplement to heal nerves and muscles as well as help with detox. Seems to be minimizing the muscle spasms and nerve pain....will see. Not ready to feel 90 but I do...!!!

Butterfly ))i((

me, too Butterfly! I only wish I could get my hair back!!

I have aged so much during this.  :'(

May I join in?

Butterfly ))i((

me, too Butterfly! I only wish I could get my hair back!!

I have aged so much during this.  :'(

i luv ya :smitten:

what is turaine

i

I went from a 44 euro waist to a 50 in the first half of my taper... i had never been so big, then in the last 6 weeks i have lost most of that... it just came off... i am pleased i had the weight on before if i´m honest as i could afford to lose it.

Oscar

May I join in?

Butterfly ))i((

Of course, leap right in Butterfly.  We all are dealing with lots of the same things.  Misery loves company! ;D

MiniMinnie

I too have read this, and that gabba affects muscle tone. I can't beleive the weight gain. 20 lbs! I lost 5 but it back up. My skin is super dry and my belly is not my own. I don't recognize my body at all. I feel like I'm in one of those fat suits that Gweneth Paltrow wore in Shallow Hall. Well shallow Sarah, took herself to the tanning salon and got a "tan yourself skinny" package. If I must be heavy, let it be tan. I have to say I think the light in the coffin is also helping. Plus I love going!

Just bought some new clothes, and it's so weird how big the sizes had to be. I see heavy set girls that are completely put together so I'm going with that! Add an accessory...do these earrings make me look fat? lol.

Hang in there ladies, do what you can to feel good about yourself. Princezz has been around here for awhile, so she has the "skinny" so to say. This too shall pass. If we must go heavier, let us go in cute shoes!

Night ladies, you are more lovely than you think~

Sarah Dipity doo dah...up too late, ahhhh. lol.

[aa...]

I really dont think i belong here anymore im looking so great hahahahaha just joking boys and girls. 

so whats the latest disaster look happening for everyone. 

Lizzy

I too have read this, and that gabba affects muscle tone. I can't beleive the weight gain. 20 lbs! I lost 5 but it back up. My skin is super dry and my belly is not my own. I don't recognize my body at all. I feel like I'm in one of those fat suits that Gweneth Paltrow wore in Shallow Hall. Well shallow Sarah, took herself to the tanning salon and got a "tan yourself skinny" package. If I must be heavy, let it be tan. I have to say I think the light in the coffin is also helping. Plus I love going!

Just bought some new clothes, and it's so weird how big the sizes had to be. I see heavy set girls that are completely put together so I'm going with that! Add an accessory...do these earrings make me look fat? lol.

Hang in there ladies, do what you can to feel good about yourself. Princezz has been around here for awhile, so she has the "skinny" so to say. This too shall pass. If we must go heavier, let us go in cute shoes

Dear Shallow Sarah,

Shallow Candy here.  I went shopping at the plus sized store last weekend.  It was simular to shopping when I was prego.  I didn't try

anything on.  I knew I wouldnt look good in anything, so I just bought over-sized shirts with lots of material to cover my rolls.  Instead

of shoes, I staggered over to the Coach store and picked up a very nice Coach bag.  Now I can wear clothes that fit when i lie in bed. 

Oh, I also carry my coach bag if I venture off into the kitchen because where else am I gonna go?  I hope this bag doesnt make me look fat lmao Sarah!

Sooo many lessons learned from this nightmare.  If people thought they were bad enuf to need benzos...how r people feeling now?  I wud gladly swap the anxiety I have now for the anxiety that led me down this road.  Well, I'm off to the hairdressers now....hopefully

I'll get a cut and color that will take 10-20 lbs off.  lol  Once again, buddies, glad I'm not alone.  candy

I really dont think i belong here anymore im looking so great hahahahaha just joking boys and girls. 

so whats the latest disaster look happening for everyone. 

Lizzy

Lizzy we are all beautiful on the inside.  No wait.  Benzos have uglied us up inside and out.  Its temporary!  Love the "cute shoes" attitude, it agrees with my avatar, one of the last times I had cute feet before the lizard skin took over.

MiniMinnie

Princezz: Thank you for chiming it. I have been wondering this all along about our bodies going back to normal. What a nice piece of mind to have. I went to lunch with a friend today and where I sat I was facing a mirrored wall. grrrr...Its so weird how I hardly recognize myself. It was fun to meet up with her, but ...something, not quite right. I felt uncomfortable, who knows it was me, her, benzos, the damn ducks our weird waiter... and what you said about how you got your bod back, and it makes sense since like you said and I have read that the gabba regulates or whatever it does to muscle tone. Knowing that it will change is temporary. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that what you said was comforting  to me today. So thanks!

CandyCoach bag makes everyone look skinny! True! Love it! :)

The dry skin, OMG MM. I have like 3 lotions in my purse constantly putting it on and drinking so much water and now I'm retaing water, my hair ties leave a deep dent in my wrist. Everything about this withdrawl is weird. I bet we look better than we think we do. You do have cute toes BTW, and who doesn't love red?

Anyone bringing red lipstick back? I love it!  :-*

I popped in to say hey to my hairdresser today who always is fun to be around and he lifted my spirits tremendously. I had a cute outfit on for summer, and inbetween his clients who think I am some celebrity in his shop, he treats everyone like that, but he put 2 colored extensions in my hair one pink and one purple and black feather. So cute! And thats when I remembered, VITAL: only spend time around people that make you feel good. I took him a starbucks and that made his day too he said.

I think we should change this thread from "I look like hell" to "I thought I looked like hell, but turns out I look like a princess, thank you and have a nice day!"

:smitten:

Sarah~

Mrs. Dipity:) Thanks for sharing love, glad you felt like the princess you are!! Man is that not the truth?  Being around people who make us feel good is so important, and remembering we are still beautiful :smitten: :smitten: :smitten::thumbsup: even though we may not feel it right now:)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one looking like hell! My hair is falling out and feels like crispy doll hair, my eyes are completely bloodshot with huge black circles underneath them. My face is so broken out and my skin is dry and cracking. Oh yeah...and I look like I'm 6 months pregnant! I have never felt uglier in my life.  :'(  I really pray that this is just temporary for us! Sending healing vibes to everyone.

Thanks 4 chiming in redeyes!  I see u r a member of the "I look Like Hell Club" in good standing!  Apparently u & I look a lot alike. I look like I'm ready to give birth, my hair is falling out, my skin is terrible, hair like straw, black circles under my eyes... I also have edema everywhere. Thank God I'm married...would hate to b on the dating scene now. Welcome redeyes!  Candy

Hi Minnie!!!

It's not superfical and yes our looks do change!! This morning I turned sideways to the mirror and my ass and belly are identical!! I have the undereye bags, the dark circles and this weird mottled look to my face. It's like adding insult to injury.

Sandy

Hello MiniMinnie,

I have the dark circles under my eyes, too. I even lost some of the hair on the top of my head and sides. It felt out in clumps during the first year and has yet to fill in. I was told that it comes back. I am including a self portrait so you can see how much better I look now.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t133/nickel6969/Frankenstein_jpg.jpg

As you can see the dark circles are slowly starting to clear up. My hair looks thicker in this picture because of the way I combed it. Don't judge me.    :)

Chrisw

Sandy,

Don't u hate how our outsides match the way we feel on the

Inside?  I try to disguise the way I feel... Bcas I look like a fat blob, it raises the red flag on my mascarade. My ass is on backwards lol