• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ca...]

• [su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAAAT?  Why are you going shorter?  Losing too much?  And you are brave to try a home haircut missy!  Next we'll be starting a "bad hair day" thread.  Congrats on joinging the gym and starting an exercise program.  Exercise has helped me too in various ways.  Helps to distract me, makes me feel better physically and mentally and gives me a sense of accomplishing something during all this mess.  Am sweating and stinking from my 45 min brisk walk.  85 and high humidity here at 11AM!

:smitten:

MiniMinnie

My skin has been very dry along with my mouth and eyes.  I don't look well.  Hair is starting to fall out a little.  When this is all said and done, does our skin regain its moisture?  Does our hair grow back?  Does the benzo belly flatten?  None of this is long-term right?  All of this is so disturbing to me--beauty or not--it indicates that major changes are going on in our bodies.  Don't like that at all.

Hi Tina!  I personally don't know the answer to your questions cause I'm not there yet but I hope the answer is a resounding YES.  A couple of people have posted that they got their old selves back hair and all!  I'm with you girl on all points.  Haven't found anything yet to be of benefit for the appearance issues.  Probably the answer is TIME.  Ugh.

MiniMinnie

Hi Tina,

I posted on this thread before about what you are asking about. I looked like crap myself for a long time.  I even went to the dermatologist because I was losing so much hair.  My skin was sallow and we live in a dry climate so it is difficult to keep it moisturized.  Plus who could remember to with benzo brain anyway. I had terribly smelly sweat at night and so much more.

These things will resolve themselves. There is so much stress on the body during this process that it just affects everything!!!!  My hair quit falling out late summer last year and is doing fine.  I don't look like death any more but still get bags under the eyes, mainly because I still tire easily and I am doing a lot these days.

Just give it time and don't worry about it for now.  My thoughts are with you and everyone here.

pianogirl  :smitten: :smitten:

well, its 7 mo and I think my hair quit falling out. I guess it needs one more haircut and trim.

I just wish Id quit vibrating and ringing (ears) ::)

Pianogirl, thanks again for your reassurances.  That really helps.

Whoo Hoo Gardenia!  Small victories!  What are you up to today here in wonderful Florida?  Heat and humidity is kicking up, it feels like July already!  Just had everything power washed outside, you know the drill.  Everything moldy and black, now will look clean for a while.  But oh the pain and mess!  Soldier on!

MiniMinnie

I have a very important question to ask to all the females-

All of you who experienced or are experiencing this crazy hair loss.....Did any of you go on or come off birth control? I went on it months ago and came off 3 weeks into it because my hair fell out like crazy!!! I don't remember birth control doing that to me when I took it before....I mainly went on it to gain weight because I could not and still can't put weight on...the birth control def helped with the weight but the hair loss was crazy!!

Hi Jennn,

Sorry your hair is falling out, we all know how awful that feels.  I can't answer your question because I'm not on BC.  If you don't get an answer here, you might want to post a separate thread.

MiniMinnie

Well, I did it...I snipped about 1 1/2 inches off the back length of my hair and it doesn't look as scraggly and limp.  Vanity has sort of taken a back seat to brain and body wellness, though I'm hoping for eventual stunning regrowth... ;D  Also went out most of the day today on errands and didn't have any anxiety at all...amazing.  A few weeks ago I would have had a very difficult time.  So, can you only have windows after you jump or can you have them while tapering?  In other words, is the definition of a window feeling good AFTER the drugs are out of your system?

Challis :smitten:

Hi Challis!  I don't know the answer to your question, but hey, a window is a window!  Any time you get some relief from the relentless nature of benzo withdrawal and recovery I would call a great big honking window.  Make hay while the neurotransmitters shine girl.  Yes, I too cut my hair shorter recently and it does help it to not look so thin and scraggly.  Hope your window lasts a long long time.

MiniMinnie

I'm good again today, too!  Maybe the worst is behind me and I'm going to do okay now.  Have had two nights of water titration and chomping at the bit to get it done, but also have learned my lesson about rushing it. :sick:

How are you doing?  Continuing to improve?  Hope so!! :mybuddy:

Challis :smitten:

Hi Challis!  Glad your window is continuing, hope it lasts forever.  Yes I am continuing to improve.  Have some waves but overall much better.  Am feeling enough better that I am contemplating a trip to SF Bay area to visit my daughter and grandchildren next month.  And that's quite a trip since it is a Florida to SF flight.  Daunting.  AND I am enjoying a conjugal visit this weekend! :laugh:

MiniMinnie

Hi GoTo,

A "window" is a period of time when the benzo withdrawal symptoms abate.  Thats as opposed to a "wave" when the symptoms return or intensify.  Hope you are having many windows and no waves!

MiniMinnie

• 3 weeks later...

I look like @%#& too.  Brought this thread back up because I was unable read it all due to a bad headache.  I am looking really old.  If this sounds vain, I am sorry.  It just seems that old age came on me without warning.

So, I wondered if there is anyone out there who looked like %$@ during their taper and improved after jumping, or does this stay with you?

My symptoms haven't been that bad compared to most, so far anyway, and I hope to jump sometime soon.  So I am grateful for that.

I apologize in advance if I am asking for an answer that has already been covered in the above thread.

I'm in the middle of my taper and I look absolutely horrible. Everything about me looks hideous, very dry hair and skin, rashes on my face, unable to do anything with my hair because I don't have the strength to mess with it.

A comment was made to me that wasn't meant to be hurtful, but it did a lot..."at least you don't look like road kill today." I'm 55 years old and I look and feel like I'm 80.

I sure hope it gets better because I hate to think this is how I'm going to be the rest of my life.

Sad in Seattle,

rhapsodygirl

Hi Ladies!

Looks like I last posted on this thread 17 days ago.  Since then I actually think my hair is looking a bit better.  It has stopped falling out and it isn't so dry.  Many have chimed in on the thread that it does indeed reverse itself as we heal.  Hair grows back, skin clears up, we look healthier as we feel healthier.  These demon drugs do a real number on our minds, bodies and our looks.  But we heal, we go on and hopefully we get our hotness back. ;D  I'm counting on that!  To the extent that I was ever hot, I would settle for really warm at this point.

MiniMinnie

My hair is horrible too.  I got the ends layered and it has helped it too; it looks less scraggly (SP).  Also, Nioxin shampoo and biotin supplements seem to have helped.

Minnie,

Glad to hear it gets better...I would settle for lukewarm or tepid at this point.

[9c...]

Mini I miss you.

I had my hair done yesterday had a few tears and told them my eyes were watering from their freezing cold air con hahaha anyway they said my hair looked fabulous (off course they would they are hairdressers) and everyone is saying oh you look fantastic mmm wish i could believe it.  Its only the ten kilos ive lost they think thin means fantastic.

Love Lizzy

Hi Lizzy Girl!

I'm around but not as much.  I have to take a break occasionally for my own mental health.  All the hundreds of heart wrenching stories and people suffering depresses me so in addition to my own recovery issues.  How are you going?  I do read your blog and see that you are a bit better than last week?  Anyway, yeah, I think my hair loss has slowed down and its looking a wee bit better these days.  I went clothes shopping with a friend yesterday and came back with some cute summery ego boosting things.  YAY!

MiniMinnie

I’ll join in here I am a 53 year old minister which both looks and feels like I am at least 65 or over, a doctor I went to not to long ago asked me if I had a senior citizens card so I could get a 20% discount on my meds here in the Philippines!!!

Wow I couldn’t believe it >:(…… talk about a complex and a half :-\!!!

God help us all

Watchman

I’ll join in here I am a 53 year old minister which both looks and feels like I am at least 65 or over, a doctor I went to not to long ago asked me if I had a senior citizens card so I could get a 20% discount on my meds here in the Philippines!!!

Wow I couldn’t believe it >:(…… talk about a complex and a half :-\!!!

God help us all

Watchman

I get offered senior discounts too.  Personally, I'd rather pay.  Found out yesterday that the "old lady" at the grocery store is 3 mos. younger than I am.  The lady at the dentist's office thought I was my daughter's grandmother.  :tickedoff:

• Popular Now