Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I Look LIke Hell

[Mi...]

[1d...]

Hey fellow lookers

Im sad to report that my hair which I so love looks like hell.  Im going to get it all cut off as a very quick fix.

Lizzy

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ca...]

• [su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lizzie,

I chopped about 4 inches off mine last Dec. Its getting longer now but still  looks like fake hair and very DRY :o It doesnt seem to matter what conditioner I use. oh and is your stomach all puffed out?

I look 4 mo pregnant, this is not cute !!!!

[1d...]

hey there Gardenia

Funny enough Ive never looked better body wise due to lack of food im sure have lost so much weight.  However you can always tell a persons health through their hair.  Im thinking I thought that your hair would improve bummer just saw your 7 months free.  How r u mental symptoms going?  Ive got good shampoo and conditioner it doesnt seem to do a thing.  Ill just get it cut really short and see what happens.

Lizzy

It's always so nice to read these posts and know I'm not the only one who looks like crap...

Challishttp://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo29/pigletmph/zadiffgrouphug.gif

Hey all fellow "Looking Like Hell" club members.  Sarah Norris, bet you look hot with those pink and purple hair extensions. Sarah Smuel how ya doing doll?  Redeyes, welcome to the club and we all hope this is just temporary.  Those who have gone before us assure us that we will get our old selves back.  Candy I'm with you on not wanting to be on the dating scene right now!  Anybody out there trying to date and how's that workin' for ya?  Hey Littlebones, welcome to you too.  Chrisw LOL, I just love a man who can rock neck bolts!  Lizzy did you get your hair chopped off like Gardenia?  Thanks for joining the party Challis. 

I told everyone I would post reviews of products that seem to help during this awful time.  Except I haven't found any lately.  So will anyone else who has an ounce of hope to offer chime in please!

MiniMInnie

Those who have gone before us assure us that we will get our old selves back

:-\

But Miniminnie, I want the younger version of me back the one pre benzo!  :tickedoff::-\

Those who have gone before us assure us that we will get our old selves back

:-\

But Miniminnie, I want the younger version of me back the one pre benzo!  :tickedoff::-\

Flip LOL me too! :laugh:

MiniMInnie

Me too, Flip!  And thinner and less...um...airy:laugh:

Me too, Flip!  And thinner and less...um...airy:laugh:

LOL Challis!  You want to be less airy, I want to be more hairy.  Tomato, tomahto.  How are you coming along girl?

MiniMInnie

And let's not forget lithe and willowy! And hair more like cats than pigs!  :tickedoff:  :laugh:

LOL Flip.  As long as we are in the realm of fantasy how about skin like a baby's butt instead of like crocodile hide.  :laugh:

MiniMinnie

Hi ladies!  God often speaks  to me through Christian Dior.....my new fav line.

BTW, I look like hell!

Hey Skyy since you have a direct line to The Big Guy, ask him to make all of us look like heaven!

MiniMinnie

BTW, I look like hell!

Hallelujah!

Ok, ladies, listen up. Remember how fun it was to get dressed up to go out or go on a date (and yes, I've been dating and although I don't look as good as I used to, my confidence is coming back and with less anxiety I'm better able to maneuver. I don't get to date a lot anyway as I have offspring to look after, but when an opportunity presents, I go.)

As I get older, I was having trouble with my identity. I love all trendy stuff, but don't want to look rediculous. Luckily I have a few girlfriends that help reel that in, ("OMG, Sarah, no with the jean skirt!!") and thank goodness for them. I have known women that as they age, I still think they are awesome, becaue they don't have wrinkles and are skinny? Nope, because they have style. Style doesn't have an age and since Benzo's are "aging" us, Here's my tips o the day.

-get a mani/pedi. either go get one ,do it yourself, have hubby do it, or trade with a friend. Remember how great you felt after a manicure/pedi? and if youve never had one, You will be shocked that you waited all this time.

(no, it does not have to be a special occassion, this is thereapy and if youre on this thread, that's reason enough) do light color or clear buff to high shine on your nails so you don't have to get all stressed as it starts to wear off, or I recccomend bubble bath by OPI or ballet slippers by ESSIE. 

Get yourself a cute makeup bag even at the dollar store (if you are on a budget) put in it clear polishI recomend orley top coatsince the lid is made of rubber so it's easy to open, it doesn't turn yellow if you are using it only or with a light color, and it dries very fast and stays runny so you can use all of it. Best $8 you are going to spend, and will save you in the long run. , a file, polish remover(acetone, maybe keep that in the cabinet, it leaks) and some cuticle oilI reccomend solar oil by Creative nailcomes in little bottles to make sure you like it. Smells like almonds, everyon loves it. They have a spray dry with that oil in it and i l.o.v.e. it. It's pricey though.

I hear someone saying that their outside look bad like their insides. I know there is so much hurting on here. I'm sorry for that for you, but finding your inner mind be more cathartic than you think.

I do get dressed most every day. Whether I'm going out or not, and try to put a little makeup on and pull my hair into something fun. I bought some rinestone barrets, and they are easy. I have long hair and dont' wash it everyday, so it's easy.

I do spend more time in sweats then ever before. I picked up the largest sizes I've ever worn, but I put it in my budget which is way meager these days and got some with rinestones and cute tops that make me smile and I slug around my apartment. One says super girl with sparkles, and another spells LOVE in finger motions, another is a bright orange peace sign. I only made myself go to one store, (thank you, Lane).

I also put a little makeup on. I have more time on my hands then ever before. That way when I do look in the mirror I don't feel so dispondant. Nothing crazy, just some powder blush mascara and gloss, which is by the sink. Whenever I'm in there and look in the mirror, I put some on and it's cathartic like a grown up me, taking care of me. I look better, not great but better and that makes me feel better. :)

I know many of you don't feel very good, I wish I could make the manicure rounds and lift everyone up, it would be so much fun, but alas, until someone invents my hands coming through here (and that's eerie to think about) please consider finding some of the things that make you feel like the special women you are forgetting that you are.

Oh, and another thing that brings me a great deal of joy is scented lotions. I have lavender for nightnight, coconut since it's summer for the day. I have wonderful scented bathgels for the tub. This is a great lotion for super dry skin, I only use it on my hands and feet which are seriously like leather these days. I can wash my hands a couple of times and they still look and feel so much better.

Glysolid

http://www.glysolid.com/

My senses are on hyper these days and good smells help elevate my mood. There is so much to aromatherapy and I don't hear it mentioned here often. I light cheap candles that I get at walgreens for $1 each and put 3 around, they last about a week. The flame motion and the scent makes my home (cave) more comfy to be.

Here is a website for some cool stuff for your hair, ask your hair dresser about it. I lost half my head of hair and it all went to straw after my body went stepic about a year ago. This product really helped. I put it in everyday. Most people I turn on to this love it. too.

http://www.brightonbeautysupply.com/Loma-Pearatin-Fortifying-Repairative-Serum-3.4-oz.aspx?gclid=CPn6rsTB564CFUhrtgodxz_zfw

I hope I didn't overwhelm you ladies. It just breaks my heart that amazing, very strong women in a bummer of a situation are not feeling like the beautiful women that we are. Hope you have some fun with this when you are feeling up to give it a go. Then again, if you give it a go maybe you will feel more up!

I will leave you with this song~You are Beautiful, Christina Aguilara

Happy Sunday, BB's Beauties!

Sarahndipity~ :smitten:

I don't even bother looking in the mirror anymore, let my daughters inform me there is a piece of rice stuck in my hair.  Looked down at my hand today and thought, Mom?  My daughter said I looked nice yesterday, ya I finally washed my hair.  Geez I am so over this.  Not funny when your butt and tummy are bigger than your boobs, and I am not flat chested, yikes! :(:D;D

:laugh:

I got out of the shower and caught a glimpse of my naked self (usually I avoid this) and thought, "who let Mom in the bathroom?"

BTW, I look like hell!

Hallelujah!

Ok, ladies, listen up. Remember how fun it was to get dressed up to go out or go on a date (and yes, I've been dating and although I don't look as good as I used to, my confidence is coming back and with less anxiety I'm better able to maneuver. I don't get to date a lot anyway as I have offspring to look after, but when an opportunity presents, I go.)

As I get older, I was having trouble with my identity. I love all trendy stuff, but don't want to look rediculous. Luckily I have a few girlfriends that help reel that in, ("OMG, Sarah, no with the jean skirt!!") and thank goodness for them. I have known women that as they age, I still think they are awesome, becaue they don't have wrinkles and are skinny? Nope, because they have style. Style doesn't have an age and since Benzo's are "aging" us, Here's my tips o the day.

-get a mani/pedi. either go get one ,do it yourself, have hubby do it, or trade with a friend. Remember how great you felt after a manicure/pedi? and if youve never had one, You will be shocked that you waited all this time.

(no, it does not have to be a special occassion, this is thereapy and if youre on this thread, that's reason enough) do light color or clear buff to high shine on your nails so you don't have to get all stressed as it starts to wear off, or I recccomend bubble bath by OPI or ballet slippers by ESSIE. 

Get yourself a cute makeup bag even at the dollar store (if you are on a budget) Write "Benzo Beauty" in magic marker on it or whatever will make you smile when you see it.  Put in it clear polishI recomend orley top coatsince the lid is made of rubber so it's easy to open, it doesn't turn yellow if you are using it only or with a light color, and it dries very fast and stays runny so you can use all of it. Best $8 you are going to spend, and will save you in the long run. , a file, polish remover(acetone, maybe keep that in the cabinet, it leaks) and some cuticle oilI reccomend solar oil by Creative nailcomes in little bottles to make sure you like it. Smells like almonds, everyon loves it. They have a spray dry with that oil in it and i l.o.v.e. it. It's pricey though. Put cuticle oil on at night and rub it in. Your finger will look so much better, and you will have a nice pleasant smell to go to sleep to.

Also put in a tube of lipgloss or I love cherry chapstick, some blush, mascara, a scented spritz that you like and some lotion, I recomend scented that you like, but whatever you like and anything else that makes you smile. I have mentos in mine, too. Reminds me of getting to go out. :)

I hear someone saying that their outside look bad like their insides. I know there is so much hurting on here. I'm sorry for that for you, but finding your inner loveliness can be more cathartic than you think. 

I do get dressed most every day. Whether I'm going out or not, and try to put a little makeup on and pull my hair into something fun. I bought some rinestone barrets, and they are easy. I have long hair and dont' wash it everyday, so it's easy.

I do spend more time in sweats then ever before. I picked up the largest sizes I've ever worn, but I put it in my budget which is way meager these days and got some with rinestones and cute tops that make me smile and I slug around my apartment. One says super girl with sparkles, and another spells LOVE in finger motions, another is a bright orange peace sign. I only made myself go to one store, (thank you, Lane).

I also put a little makeup on. I have more time on my hands then ever before. That way when I do look in the mirror I don't feel so dispondant. Nothing crazy, just some powder blush mascara and gloss, which is by the sink as well.  Whenever I'm in there and look in the mirror, I put some on and it's cathartic like a grown up me, taking care of me. I look better, not great but better and that makes me feel better. :)

I know many of you don't feel very good, I wish I could make the manicure rounds and lift everyone up, it would be so much fun, but alas, until someone invents my hands coming through here (and that's eerie to think about) please consider finding some of the things that make you feel like the special women you are forgetting that you are.

Oh, and another thing that brings me a great deal of joy is scented lotions. I have lavender for nightnight, coconut since it's summer for the day. I have wonderful scented bathgels for the tub. This is a great lotion for super dry skin, I only use it on my hands and feet which are seriously like leather these days. I can wash my hands a couple of times and they still look and feel so much better.

Glysolid

http://www.glysolid.com/

My senses are on hyper these days and good smells help elevate my mood. There is so much to aromatherapy and I don't hear it mentioned here often. I light cheap candles that I get at walgreens for $1 each and put 3 around, they last about a week. The flame motion and the scent makes my home (cave) more comfy to be.

Here is a website for some cool stuff for your hair, ask your hair dresser about it. I lost half my head of hair and it all went to straw after my body went stepic about a year ago. This product really helped. I put it in everyday. Most people I turn on to this love it. too.

http://www.brightonbeautysupply.com/Loma-Pearatin-Fortifying-Repairative-Serum-3.4-oz.aspx?gclid=CPn6rsTB564CFUhrtgodxz_zfw

I hope I didn't overwhelm you ladies. It just breaks my heart that amazing, very strong women in a bummer of a situation are not feeling like the beautiful women that we are. Hope you have some fun with this when you are feeling up to give it a go. Then again, if you give it a go maybe you will feel more up!

I will leave you with this song~You are Beautiful, Christina Aguilara

Happy Sunday, BB's Beauties!

Sarahndipity~ :smitten:

Oh ya, and I have found by using cocoa butter spray oil for itchy and dry skin, makes you feel like a million bucks.  I use it with my lotion, your skin will feel like butter literally:)

Oh ya, and I have found by using cocoa butter spray oil for itchy and dry skin, makes you feel like a million bucks.  I use it with my lotion, your skin will feel like butter literally:)

who makes that, Sarah? I love anything that is spray and easy to get on. My skin is dryer than it's ever been!!

Also, I want to come with you for a pedi. Friend I usually trade with is super busy with wedding for her friend and overworking. I'm excited to go to a fun new place, though. Going tomorrow when it's not so busy.

Do you get massages? OMG, heaven! Since no bf to bribe to do it, I've been paying for them. That I might do today! My body is so achy today. I need for follow Libby a bit more with the excersize. I have so much more energy when I do it. Yoga helps not to feel so achy.

Flip, glad you made it home! I resemble my Mom more and more, too. Her hands and her bod.  I've been tanning and I use that lotiomn with the tanning in it and I look healthier. (how did I get so vain? lol) My tummy and bum are out of control. Upside to the weightgain, my ta tas are bigger! is it just from gaining weight or a true sx? lol. These babies haven't been this big since pg with offspring! lol.

:smitten:

Sarah~

Dipity-

it is called palmer's cocoa butter formula for dry itchy skin, you can get it at the store anywhere, i think i got mine at target. i used it all throughout my pregnancy and have no stretch marks from the pregnancy NONE. Shit is amazing!:)i have so much to do today ahhhh! your post made me want to do so much now haha:)