Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

I Look LIke Hell

[Mi...]

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ca...]

• [su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted on this thread when it started and my hair was falling out.  It's stopped falling out, I think. Now waiting for it to grow in again.  No matter what product is used, it still takes time for Mother Nature to kick in...  ::)

Challis

hey sarah-

I just read your post about benzos regulating muscle tone..is this true?! I had no idea! Does it take your muscle away!? cuz I lift weights like crazy and I feel I still have no muscle like I used to! I hate being skinny and gross! To all you BB who are complaining about weight gain I would rather be in your place....Atleast you got meat on you....when your too skinny you look older and age worse!

hey sarah-

I just read your post about benzos regulating muscle tone..is this true?! I had no idea! Does it take your muscle away!? cuz I lift weights like crazy and I feel I still have no muscle like I used to! I hate being skinny and gross! To all you BB who are complaining about weight gain I would rather be in your place....Atleast you got meat on you....when your too skinny you look older and age worse!

Hello Jenn

I lost all my muscles since i get off benzo . Even in face . In maybe 5 months all is gone . I always work out , have muscle tone nice , all gone . Is benzo .

Affect absolutelly everything in body ,  everything . 

Erika

Thanks Ladies for responding.  I have noticed that it is mostly we women who post here.  Fellas, how are you looking? 

I've also lost significant muscle tone the last 3 months.  Do we know if we recover our muscle tone once we are healthy- including the muscle tone in our face?

Golf

Anybody up for trying  facercise and see if it helps tone our muscles in our faces :)

In case the ladies were wondering if the fellas look like hell - YES!!!! MY hair keeps falling out, and my cheeks are sagging. I Look Like Hell!

Golf

I have been working real hard and yes the muscle tone does come back.  I do facercise to which has also helped with the horrible sinus I have been having.  Linder xo

[44...]

yay its back again lol I love this thread we had so much fun here in the early dayz.  challis mini is good she has been to see here mum and her prince is home this weekend she will resurface soon and Im sure she will post here.

sorry im looking fabulous I dont think I can hang here anymore lolz

Lizzy

For the first 6 months, severe weight loss, extra hair growth (and curly), break outs on face, complete muscle wasting.

Next 6 months, huge weight gain, hair the same though not as curly. No more break outs, but face very puffy. Still no muscles, too hard to work out much, but I try as best I can. Very, very fat, very bloated. This is not a good look!  I looked better during first 6 months even though I felt hugely worse. No one would have ever guessed that I was so sick.

M.

I am so much better month to month... I believe with every breath in my body that I will soon be able to really work out and get back in shape.  :thumbsup:

Hugs to all.

M.

Six moths ago I was easily the best looking guy on this forum....or maybe the second best looking:) now I look more like Charlie Sheen after thirty years of hardcore partying, except I never partied like Charlie Sheen.

I promise to send calendar's of my post benzo self to anyone who asks and my wife approves. I know I will be healthy again and it will show on the outside- Hair, skin and all

This is so much tougher when we can't hide how we're feeling on the inside. I feel it when my daughter looks at me she knows there is something wrong, she can see it in my eyes. We all need to stay confident and believe that once we heal we will look healthy.

I'm trying to smile more even though I'm in pain. Maybe after I'm through this mess I won't care how I look. Maybe I'll just be happy that I can laugh and enjoy my life and be anxious when I walk into a room. Can't wait for the bright colors moment were all going to experience.

Cheers! With a glass of O'douls and a tiny sip.

I wonder if loss of vanity is a post withdrawal symptom.

Welcome 1 welcome all benzo beasts  :laugh: So nice to see more people looking ******! ???:laugh:  we are an ugly bunch(accept for Lizzy) but laugh about it here. Don't get me wrong, we complain but then accept that this is the way we will be until we r healthy again. We r all doing it!  THIS too shall pass!  :smitten: Candy

Edit: Profanity removed

[44...]

Candy on a serious note r u getting better?  I hope so not in the looks department but in the head department.

Lizzyx

I've been working out almost daily and on a much better diet while on this taper. My goal is to be in the best condition of my life at the end of it. Heck, maybe I'll just taper for the rest of my life. I think super slow and hold as needed is the way to go.

Hi Lizzy

Mentally I am better some of the time. It it during these times when I feel SO much better becas I have felt SO bad to SO long..BUT truly I am only 30% better. I am starting to zero in in foods that I react to & this had helped a lot. Outside of the no sugar, processed food, alcohol, caffeine, preservatives, artificial ingredients... I figured out that I am severely sensitive to tomatoes, cheese & spinach ALL of which I had been eating a lot of while I try to get healthy.

It's 3:50 am here & I just woke up w/ a pounding heart and ran to the bathroom with nausea and d. Then I came back to bed and cried for about an hour about some childhood abuse. Abuse that I got over 20 yrs ago. I am 45yo. This benzo train has so many bizarre twists & turns. Stop the ride!

Then I came on the computer and was happy to see this thread come back to life. Now I am laughing. :laugh: Just call me cybill! Lizzy u seem to healing quick. Do u feel better? Candy

[44...]

hey Candy darling thats early to be up how can you get your beauty sleep if you are awake.  I just found you at your other thread as well so I posted there.  But I am happy to chat anywhere its only 6pm saturday night here so Im ready to party NOT but anyway Im here.  WoW on the food crisis its good that you can eliminate that and know what is not working for you.  Hate that you are crying I just wrote on that other thread of yours its very common your system is so sensitive and stuff that may not have been worked out even though you said you forgave if you havent processed stuff properly its going to surface.  Im having the same trouble all this old stuff I thought I dealt with is coming back full force.

Candy I guess in comparison to others Im doing quite well it helps being a bit of a freak before all this started so now I guess im even freakier.  On a serious note I will give you the truth this is what remains - no physical side effects at all.  I have the crying spells overwhelming sadness that just hits out of nowhere.  A feeling that Im extremely weird.  Fear that follows me everywhere I cant lose it.  I have no real hopes or dreams.  I am scared $hitless to tell you the truth but other than that Im just peachy.

Hugs to you Candy seriously I feel for you

Lizzyxx

Lizzy

No wonder I look like hell!  Waking up and staying up most of the night, crying on and off is certainly NOT the recipe for good looks ;). Thanks for the reassuring words. I KNOW u understand. I followed ur hospital blog & remember u from before the hospital. My memory has been so bad during this..BUT I do remember ur suffering. Probably because I could relate so much. Wd was keeping me from typing too much so I did a lot of reading. Happy to see u r obviously WAY better. Not there yet but u sound like a different person. (u most likely don't remember ur 500 posts of sheer suffering-damn benzos)

Miniminnie

Can u come out to play?  More importantly, how do u look?  Candy

[44...]

lolz Candy

no I dont remember any of it seriously did I sound crazy I think so many people related to me because I was so honest and told it how it was.  Crying is healthy for you Candy not good for the looks but good for the soul.  Oh yeah when i think back im way better than before thats for sure still not ready to do a tango and still traumatised from the experience but definately getting better. 

Where is our Mini we love her here she is busy this weekend with her prince but I know she is coming back and will be delighted that there has been a reactivation.

Candy how r u feeling today? 

Lizzyxx

Hi Lizzy

Thanks 4 asking. My daughter had her Irish feis competition today and my whole family came. VERY over-stimulating. It didn't help that I lost 4 hrs of sleep last night. My hubby took the kids swimming and I darkened my bedroom turned up the ac & took a melatonin & slept for 3 1/2 hrs. My head is thinking clearer now. I was crazy all day. It's hard trying to act like everything's fine when u r as crazy as a hoot owl!  I have found in these situations that silence is golden. So hard.

YES, Lizzy, you sounded severely messed up poor thing. Hugs x Candy

[44...]

Candy hard to imagine the heat when we are heading into winter here its so cold and i have no incentive to leave the house.  Glad you managed to pull of normal a bit today for the family thats a great start.  Your not crazy darling just a little unwell but getting so much better.  Oh yeah i was so sick on that stuff never ever again its just a bad dream now in the distant past just a little lingering nutty issues to deal with.  How I stayed sane Ill never know im obviously stronger than I thought.  by the way how crazy are hoot owls hah.

Lizzyxx

LOL!  "crazy as a hoot owl" is a figure of speech I use often & never thought about it before. Now that I have thought about it, I had to laugh. Imagine how crazy u wud b if all u did was sit around and hoot during every waking moment?  Lol candy