Lincbasket's lorazapam withdrawal help

[Li...]

Lincbasket,

So glad you are starting your taper tonight.  :yippee: I know you are ready to do this. You will do great!! Just take it a day at a time!! Keep us updated on your progress!

Lori :smitten:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Li...]

• [Th...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to cut .125mg to my 0.5mg 10pm dose or should i cut to my doses i take during the day? 

Linc,

Do you have problems sleeping? If not, go ahead and cut that one first. You would still be taking .25am, .25pm and .375 bedtime. Good Luck!!

You'll be fine!!

T2 :smitten:

Linc - Sorry to hear about the girl leaving- no good advice on that.  First things first - take care of yourself for now- the rest will take care of itself.  We are not going anywhere anytime soon, so start your taper and let us know how you are doing.  We are here for you. 

Be well and let us know how you are doing.  :thumbsup:

Keith

I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION HOW DO I CUT .125MGS TO MY 1MG PILLS? IM STARTING MY TAPER TONIGHT. I TAKE 0.5MGS BY CUTTING MY 1MG PILL IN HALF... I WOULD THINK I CAN CUT THE PILL IN QUARTERS MAKING IT.25MGS A PIECE. THEN TAKE 1 OF THE QUARTER PIECE AND CRUSH IT THEN JUST TAKE A .25MGS PIECE PLUS HALF OF THE CRUSHED .25MGS??? AM I RIGHT?

I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION HOW DO I CUT .125MGS TO MY 1MG PILLS? IM STARTING MY TAPER TONIGHT. I TAKE 0.5MGS BY CUTTING MY 1MG PILL IN HALF... I WOULD THINK I CAN CUT THE PILL IN QUARTERS MAKING IT.25MGS A PIECE. THEN TAKE 1 OF THE QUARTER PIECE AND CRUSH IT THEN JUST TAKE A .25MGS PIECE PLUS HALF OF THE CRUSHED .25MGS??? AM I RIGHT?

Hi Linc,

Yes, that is what you do. I thought you were going to try and get the .50mg tablets? This would make it much more accurate than the crushed powder piles. You could also take the .25mg piece and crush it up and add to 1/2 cup of milk, stir vigorously and pour out half of that which would be 1/4c. Drink that and leave the other 1/4c of mixture in the refrigerator until tomorrow night. Does this make sense?

Did my first cut last night. Not a good idea i should of cut to my morning or after noon dose but oh well whats done is done. I just woke up at 2:00am tossed and turned for awhile, ended up sleeping again and woke up at 5:00am again.After that went back to sleep till 8:00am...

How many days should i hold my cuts for? Is 7 days ok or should i hold for 10 days?

Hi Linc,

Hold for at least 7 days, but you will have to wait and see how you feel before thinking about the next cut.

Linc is now officially tapering!!! You can do it!!!

[move] :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:[/move]

Your sleep may be choppy, but atleast you were able to go back to sleep after you woke up. Proud of you for making the decision to come off your benzo!! Just take it nice and easy and one day at a time. You're doing great, Linc!

Lori :smitten:

Yes, that is what you do. I thought you were going to try and get the .50mg tablets? This would make it much more accurate than the crushed powder piles. You could also take the .25mg piece and crush it up and add to 1/2 cup of milk, stir vigorously and pour out half of that which would be 1/4c. Drink that and leave the other 1/4c of mixture in the refrigerator until tomorrow night. Does this make sense

HOW CAN THE .25MG DIVIDE ITSELF IN THE MILK?

HOW CAN THE .25MG DIVIDE ITSELF IN THE MILK?

Hi Linc,

You have to crush it into a powder and vigorously mix it in the milk.

I KNOW T2 YOU EXPLAINED IT TO ME WHAT I DONT GET IS HOW DOES THIS WORK THAT WAY ITS JUST AMAZING HUH? YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK I SHOULD OF JUST CUT OFF MY AM OR EARLY PM DOSE THAT WAY IT DONT AFFECT MY SLEEP...

Hey Linc,

I hope your taper goes well. I know it's kind of confusing. you'll get it. I'm wishing you well. By The way, I noticed your jersey, who are you a fan of? Kel

I KNOW T2 YOU EXPLAINED IT TO ME WHAT I DONT GET IS HOW DOES THIS WORK THAT WAY ITS JUST AMAZING HUH? YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK I SHOULD OF JUST CUT OFF MY AM OR EARLY PM DOSE THAT WAY IT DONT AFFECT MY SLEEP...

Linc, cutting it out of your AM or your early PM dose will work for you.  You should keep the dose before bed the last one to start cutting, it will help your sleep along the way. 

Yeah, Linc, I was going to tell you that it would be okay to taper off either your am or early evening dose tomorrow and go back to what you were taking for your before bed dose tonight. Just do this switching this one time. Hopefully, you will sleep better!

Lori

Hey Linc,

I hope your taper goes well. I know it's kind of confusing. you'll get it. I'm wishing you well. By The way, I noticed your jersey, who are you a fan of? Kel

DAllAS C0WB0YS!!

Hey Linc,

DAllAS C0WB0YS!!

Uh oh. I hope "timber" doesn't see this. (He seems to hate the Cowboys.) We have a football thread if you'd like to participate.  It might get a little heated at times so stay away if that would upset you.

I knew there had to be one DALLAS FAN out there. WOO HOO GO COWBOYS. I actually bought a brick in there new stadium. I LOVE THE COWBOYS.

does any1 have a good idea on how to cut .125 to my 1mg pill? i tried crushing in and putting it in milk and not a good idea for me... very bad headache with jaws clenching like if i didnt take anything at all...

does any1 have a good idea on how to cut .125 to my 1mg pill? i tried crushing in and putting it in milk and not a good idea for me... very bad headache with jaws clenching like if i didnt take anything at all...

Hi Linc,

Headache and jaw clenching are typical w/d symptoms. The only other thing I would suggest is titrating. If you had the .50mg pills, it would be possible to cut those. The 1mg pills are hard to do a direct taper from. Did you stir the mixture well before dividing it into two doses?

I did but i guess not good enough, im guessing it all stayed at the bottom or top. I am getting the .5's on friday. when i did my cut the other way i was fine, i guess i didnt stir so good after all. I felt like if i dropped the whole 1mg at a time because i did that before i came to this site...

Hey Linc,

Did you still cut on your bedtime dose or did you end up switching around and cutting one of the other 2 doses? Do you think you would just want to wait until Friday to start tapering? Then, you can make the .125mg cuts a lot easier with the .5mg pills? It is really hard to get a perfect .125mg cut from the 1mg pills. With the cut that had me at .375mg in the am, I had to cut the 1mg in half and then cut about a fourth of the other half off and take the rest. It was difficult. Or, I guess you could keep doing the titrating until you get your .5mg pills on Friday, then go back to dry cutting. Either way, but just want you to do a safe taper....please don't go down by 1mg doses!!! Oh, by the way, I had the head and jaw pain as well on my 2nd cut. I couldn't even open my mouth very wide. Both of those are on the list of withdrawal symptoms and that feeling like you didn't take a dose, it is your body realizing that you have gone down in your dose!! All of these will pass. Hang in there, you're gonna do this thing!!

Lori

You can also try crushing the pill into a fine powder and dividing into 8 equal piles.  This is not perfect, but it does work- I did it with 1mg Xanax pills.  Might work till Friday.

Good luck.