Lincbasket's lorazapam withdrawal help

[Li...]

THANKS ALOT LORI HEY LORI WELL I DO HAVE LIKE 9 OF THE SYMPTOMS ON YOUR LIST... I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT ON THE 10TH OF THIS MONTH IM GOING TO MAKE SURE I BRING THAT TO HIS ATTENTION...

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Li...]

• [Th...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincbasket,

I also want you to know that tolerance to or withdrawing from a benzo can give a person IBS symptoms. Did you have all these problems before you ever went on lorazapam? I never had my IBS symptoms till after I had been on klonopin. I am hoping that they go away when I am done tapering and my body has completely healed from the 7 years I was on klonopin. I think it is smart though to mention it to your dr. They do have some meds. to help with pain and bloating, but I just learn to live with it and don't take the med. As long as you are not having blood, a verbal diagnosis is usually given. Bradley, who is still tapering and mal, who has been benzo free for over 6 weeks have struggled with IBS as well. I pray that all of us who have these awful symptoms will be free from them one day, soon!!

Lori

everything im going through right now started when lorazepam came around... i feel hopeless exausted and depressed from all of this and i havent started my taper. i just hope and pray that there is hope and life or anything positive at the end of all this...

Lincbasket,

For a whole year, my body was tolerant to the 2mg of klonopin that I was taking. I had no idea that the anxiety symptoms and depression were caused by this. Once I started tapering, even though I had some withdrawal symptoms, I actually felt better than I had for that whole year!! The everyday depression, that dark pit feeling is gone; I just get a little depression here and there, but only for a day and then it's gone kind of thing. I have more energy now than I had for that whole year. I have many half days or whole days of normalcy (what we call windows) during my tapers. I am telling you this because there is HOPE!! You may have a similar experience as I have. You may begin to feel better on some of the days of your tapering. I still have my rough spots, but they are NOTHING to how it was before I began to taper. I pray that this will happen to you as well. Hold on, you can do this! I know sometimes each day can seem as eternity, but there is an end to all of this and you will cross that finish line, my friend!! :yippee:

Lori

everything im going through right now started when lorazepam came around... i feel hopeless exausted and depressed from all of this and i havent started my taper. i just hope and pray that there is hope and life or anything positive at the end of all this...

Same with me....everything I am experiencing physically now started after lorazepam....wishing I could back up the clock a few months and make some different decisions.

just get yourself on a schedule and plan a taper.  You will be able to get through this but as you continue to read the posts you will realize that it will not be easy, but must be done :)

i hope we get through this rough time that we are going through... we have to be strong and have patient... unfortunately i dont have either, but will try my best

I'm with you there, I have no patience and I've never been a very strong person....but I am getting stronger and KNOW that this will be a part of my past that I can look back and grow from.

I believe everything comes into our lives for a reason and we have to try and learn from it and to help others too.

Try to keep a positive attitude, it truly does help    :thumbsup:

i am going to try my best and hardest to end this, i hate the feeling of even being on lorazepam i look at my surroundings different. i look at my self and others like if i was in a video game or somthing i cant explain it but i bet thats what people describe as a fog on here

Hey Lincbasket,

What you may be feeling could also be Depersonalisation/Derealisation. According to the Ashton Manuel, in these states, the person seems detached from his/her body and seems almost to be observing it from the outside. Like other benzo withdrawal symptoms, these feelings resolve in time and should not be interpreted as abnormal or crazy.

I am sorry to hear that you (and CAL) are not sleeping well/much. The days seems so long when you are up most of the night. One thing that I am hopeful about when it comes to insomnia is something also from the Ashton Manuel: The need for sleep is so powerful that normal sleep will eventually reassert itself.

Hang in there, I know you can do this and you will be surprised how patience comes as you start to have some windows during your taper!!

Lori :smitten:

Hi to all once again today i went ahead and split my doses up to the following: .25mg at 7am another .25mg for 3pm and .5mgs for 10pm i just hope this is a smart move for me and my taper. for like a week already i have been having headaches in the back of my head so i went ahead and did what i did to see if it helps me out me with w/s s/x i been getting like around 6pm

i know what you mean about being a smart move.  I had a hard time scheduling my dosing because I was taking it only "as needed", which was becoming more and more.  I have been taking mine very similar to you.              5 am  .25mg, 1 pm .25 mg and 9 pm .25mg.  I will start to taper probably Thursday if I am stable. 

is getting cold sweaty feet a withdrawal s/x or can it be a s/x of the lorazepam decreasing in my blood level

I don't know about cold, sweaty feet in particular, but lots of people have reported feeling cold at different times and I had excessive sweating throughout my taper. Body temperature sensations seem to be yet another lovely w/d symptom.  ::)

CAL is splitting her 1mg dose into 3 doses; you mis-read what she posted.  ;)

hey beeper im getting alittle tired of all this im trying to be the most patient i can with this and myself i know that with the support of others including i can do it and get to the end of all this... i hate my headaches i hope that they are just related to the w/d s/x. headaches make me think about seizures!!! that is the reason why i split my doses i just hope that i dont get the w/d s/x's after only taking .25mg at 3pm instead of .5mgs. one time i slipped up and took an extra .5mgs at night one night while i was on a stady dose of .5mgs 2x's a day, after i took it i got a severe headache. the headache was like a sharp pain that would come and go. i also got an ear ahce at that moment... i hope im ok after all of this... it is so crazy how i thought anxiety caused everything that was happening to me soon to find out it was w/d s/x's thats why i quit my job. now im always at home depressed and feel as if i was never going to end this

Lincbasket,

People who have had seizures are usually the ones who cold-turkeyed their medication. Headaches are very common with benzos. On my second taper, I had the WORST tension headache I have ever had. I had the squeezing pain that wrapped around my head. Plus, I had sharp shooting pains in the back of my head on the left side. My temples, upper jaw, teeth, and ears hurt as well. It is amazing what these meds. can do to your body and no part of your body is exempt!! I made it thru this, and it lasted for about 10 days (it would get worse during certain hours of the day and better after I took my scheduled dose of klonopin), and you can make it, too! I know if feels pretty bad and never ending, but it will end and it will all be worth it one day! Just keep venting to us and asking questions about any pain/symptoms you have. I would bet that atleast one other person would have had the same pain/symptoms that you are experiencing! We all understand because we are still or have been thru it. I get motivated by knowing that others are benzo free and their life is better than it was before they ever started taking benzos. Don't give up hope and try to keep positive....a positive attitude will really help!  :thumbsup:

Lori

thanks for the reply lori the fact of not knowing alot of this gets me in a bad and negative mood... is there anything i can take for all of this? like motrin or advil? what im guessing is that i built up a tolerance to my actual dose or my body dissolves it faster. i just wonder what changed i put myself on a scheduled dose which helped but now all these s/x's started to come up im going to see my doc on the 10th. i dont know what to do before i taper...

Lincbasket,

People on here have taken motrin or advil for headaches. I took Advil Cold and Sinus for my pain and the other day, a woman named Sherry took some Motrin for her muscle aches. Do you usually have any bad reactions to things like Motrin or Advil?? I know the 10th seems like an eternity away...but just hold on. Some days, I just tell myself this is something I have to go thru. I can't go around it, over it or under it. I have to and will go thru it and reached the finish line. No one said it would be easy, but plenty of people on here say how much it is worth it!! Hold onto that thought.....

man those are alot huh? i wonder how i can start my taper without the .5mgs pills i have the 1mg right now the pharmacy said i never had the rx for the .5mgs so im stuck until the 10th. i want to start already though...

Lincbasket,

Do you have a pill cutter or a razor? Has anyone already given you a tapering schedule??

Oh yeah, there are a TON of withdrawal symptoms. Did you see headaches on the list? It was under jaw/mouth/head and it said, "Aching or painful jaw, dental/tooth pain, band around head, Bruxism (teeth grinding), Dysphagia (difficulty eating or swallowing), Increased or decreased saliva, Painful or tingling scalp, pains in temple, migraine, severe headaches, twitching of the head."

I know the feeling of wanting to taper immediately when you see all of these symptoms!!!

Lori

Linc,

One thing I need to say:

Don't read about this on the internet!

It's dangerous, simply due to the fact that you might start thinking you HAVE a symptom you more than likely do not.

W/d is tough and it's a "Your milage may vary" type of situation, but do yourself a favor and distance yourself form looking up symptoms. I had to do this to myself, as I would spend all day looking... and all I did was scare myself worse... :(

Know the symptoms that Lori sent you, but don't dig further! :)

-Pete

petey you are so right that does happen after i use to read about something it would show up sooner or later. can you believe that all along i thought it was anxiety come to find out they were all w/d s/x's...

Oh, it happened to me BIG TIME. I would look up a symptom and discover the worst possible disorder that it could go with and then believe I HAD IT. Every day I would bother the wife with some new theory I had...

It's aggrivating. The internet makes it too easy for us anxiety sufferers to, well, SUFFER. :(

Suffice to say, I now just remind myself that it's anxiety and w/d... nothing more. I do want to look things up, but I have a rule...

If I get to the google toolbar, I have to type in the name of a band I love instead of a symptom... :) You wouldn't believe how much I now know about Boston, Rush and YES... :)

-Pete

Lincbasket and Petey,

I have struggled with hypocondria since I was a little girl. I guess I feel reassured when I read the list of withdrawal symptoms and see that the ones I have had or am having are on the 2 websites I gave. If not, I would think I had MS, Parkinson's disease, cancer, or some other terminal disease.  :sick: So, it gives me peace knowing they are symptoms related to benzos and I just carry on as usual, knowing they are only from withdrawals. I agree though, that no more digging is necessary. I know we shouldn't focus on the symptoms, but they are going to come and now you have a list to know they are withdrawals. And, it doesn't mean by any means that you will have ALL of the symptoms on both lists. I was only trying to help; wasn't trying to create more anxiety and hope this didn't.  :(