Lincbasket's lorazapam withdrawal help

[Li...]

not at all lori the 2 lists helped me out alot!!! i see alot of the things that i went to the er or dr. for on these 2 lists. just like my earaches i saw that on there and many more thanks

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Li...]

• [Th...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Good Lincbasket. I was hoping they would be helpful and not bring on fear. I went to the dr. and ER when I had many of the symptoms as well. My thing I have to stay away from is looking up diseases on the internet (like MS) and reading all their symptoms. That is what brings on fear with me. But, seeing the list of benzo withdrawal symptoms made me see that that is what I had and not that I was dying!! A big part of my anxiety lifted when I read those lists; I felt educated about withdrawals and so I don't have fear now (which creates more anxiety) when my feet tingle or feel numb, or when I have a terrible headache, or when I tremble on my insides. Knowledge is power and for me and the knowledge of withdrawal symptoms helped me have the power not to fear them. :thumbsup:

Lori

Lincbasket and Petey,

I have struggled with hypocondria since I was a little girl. I guess I feel reassured when I read the list of withdrawal symptoms and see that the ones I have had or am having are on the 2 websites I gave. If not, I would think I had MS, Parkinson's disease, cancer, or some other terminal disease.  :sick: So, it gives me peace knowing they are symptoms related to benzos and I just carry on as usual, knowing they are only from withdrawals. I agree though, that no more digging is necessary. I know we shouldn't focus on the symptoms, but they are going to come and now you have a list to know they are withdrawals. And, it doesn't mean by any means that you will have ALL of the symptoms on both lists. I was only trying to help; wasn't trying to create more anxiety and hope this didn't.  :(

Lori :smitten:

No!! You didn't create any more anxiety... :) I was just speaking from my own experience... :)

Do you mean when did I first get anxiety bad enough to go on medication?? I have had general anxiety/social anxiety/hypocondria since I was a little girl. I didn't have panic attacks until after I had babies. The panic attacks caused me to seek out help from a dr. and was put on the klonopin and paxil to help with the panic attacks.

Lori

oh ok i was never told what kind of anxiety i got or anything i just got put on lorazepam for going to the er for a racing heartbeat that i had been havibg for 3 days

Is it possible that i can crossover to clonazepam since i couldt get diazepam? im trying to go this route because i have clonazepam in liquid form... and i see that it has a longer half life...

Is it possible that i can crossover to clonazepam since i couldt get diazepam? im trying to go this route because i have clonazepam in liquid form... and i see that it has a longer half life...

Sure, you can try that, Lincbasket. I don't know if it will make that much difference at this low of a dose, but since you have the liquid form of clonozepam, you would be able to make very small reduction if you want to.  According to Dr. Ashton's equivalency table, .5mg lorazepam = .25mg clonozepam. You are taking the lorazepam 2x/day, right?  You could substitute one of those .25 mg doses with .125mg clonozepam, stay at that for a week, then stop the lorazepam and add in another .125mg clonozepam for a total of .25mg/day.  Then start tapering a week later.  How does that sound? 

hey beeper but the clonazepam it is from mexico its called rivotril is that any different? right now im taking 1mgs of lorazepam 7am .25mgs 3pm .25mgs 10pm .5mgs... i wonder if this will be a smart move? i have the oral drops of clonazepam. im on my own on this my girlfriend of 3yrs left me because of her being tired of me and my benzo situation...

Lincbasket,

Many people mistake panic attacks and anxiety for heart attacks, especially the first time it happens to them. Rapid heartbeat, rapid pulse, shortness of breath, chest muscles tightening, etc. will make a person go to the ER, only to be diagnosed with anxiety.

Lori

hey beeper but the clonazepam it is from mexico its called rivotril is that any different? right now im taking 1mgs of lorazepam 7am .25mgs 3pm .25mgs 10pm .5mgs... i wonder if this will be a smart move? i have the oral drops of clonazepam. im on my own on this my girlfriend of 3yrs left me because of her being tired of me and my benzo situation...

:oops: I missread your signature line; sorry about that.

I don't know about the rivotril being different from clonazepam.  I think it's riskier to take drugs manufactured in other countries but that's just me.  If it were me, I'd taper directly from the lorazepam, but again, that's just me.  ;)

i want to start my taper already thats why i wanted to go that route but your right. i have seen warnings on the news about prescriptions from other countries or other places like over seas... what if i titrate until i get the .5 pills or is .25 a big cut?

how bad can going cold turkey be?

Hi Linc,

Stopping cold turkey can cause seizures and w/d s/x can be hell! Are you still taking .50mg 2X/day? To cut .25mg, that would be a 25% cut. As you know we recommend cutting 10% of your total dose every 7-14 days. If you are considering titrating, do you have a 100ml cylinder?

T2 :smitten:

oh no i sure dont want a seizure!!! no t2 i dont i was considering crossing over to clonazepam since i have the oral drops... unless i can do something with these 1mg pills... im taking 25. 25. and .5 like you suggested in your earlier posts...

oh no i sure dont want a seizure!!! no t2 i dont i was considering crossing over to clonazepam since i have the oral drops... unless i can do something with these 1mg pills... im taking 25. 25. and .5 like you suggested in your earlier posts...

Hi Linc,

If you could, update your signature line, it makes it so much easier for us to see what's going on. Thanks! What you could do is take .25mg (1/4 of your 1mg pill), crush it up and separate it into two separate piles as best you can "eye" it and reduce by that (.125mg) until you get the .50mg pills.

thanks ill try that hey t2 have you had ear aches through out this?

Hi Linc,

No, I can't remember having an earache since I was like 8 years old?? Are you having sinus problems, that might cause an ear ache??

No not that i know of... I ran into problems after taking .5mgs 2x's a day for like a month, im guessing i built up a tolerance to that because i started getting w/d s/x's even at that. this is why i took your advice and started taking it 3x's a day but see no difference. I saw the earache on the w/d s/x's list so im not going to pay any attention to it... i havent done any tapering and feel like i have...

hey beeper do you think it was a good move to start taking 3x's a day instead of 2x's a day?

Lorazepam has a fairly short half-life so, if I had the symptoms you had and was dosing 2x/day, I would have tried 3x/day.  When did you switch to .25, .25 and .5mg?

goodmorning, i switched to 3x's a day like 3days ago. i was on .5 2x's a day, the witdrawals s/x's were happening after 5pm and on. i dont see how changing 2 3x's a day would help since i was getting the w/d s/x's after my 3pm dose. what if it was just that i had built up a tolerence? the first day i noticed all of the s/x's it had felt like if i didnt even take the .5mgs of the orazepam at 3pm... i couldnt wait till 10pm so that i could take the other .5mgs to see if it was w/d s/x's...

goodmorning, i switched to 3x's a day like 3days ago. i was on .5 2x's a day, the witdrawals s/x's were happening after 5pm and on. i dont see how changing 2 3x's a day would help since i was getting the w/d s/x's after my 3pm dose. what if it was just that i had built up a tolerence? the first day i noticed all of the s/x's it had felt like if i didnt even take the .5mgs of the orazepam at 3pm... i couldnt wait till 10pm so that i could take the other .5mgs to see if it was w/d s/x's...

Hi Linc,

You may very well be having tolerance w/d symptoms. You may want to read the link below to see if this sounds like what you are experiencing. It has only been three days since changing your dose to 3X/day. It may even out some.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9706.msg125029#msg125029