Lincbasket's lorazapam withdrawal help

[Li...]

You will likely have some uncomfortable symptoms while you are tapering but they will come and go.  Some of us describe them as "waves".  I remember the jaw clenching very well, and it does lead to a headache.  I had to keep reminding myself to relax my jaw, over and over again.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Li...]

• [Th...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

IM GOING TO LEAVE MY NIGHT DOSE ALONE. IM GOING TO CUT FROM MY 3PM DOSE. WHEN I CUT FROM MY NIGHT DOSE I CRUSHED .25 SPLIT INTO 2 PILES AND TOOK ONE OF THEM PLUS A .25. ILL JUST KEEP DOING THIS UNTIL FRIDAY... THE REASON WHY I GOT THE W/D S/X'S WAS BECAUSE THE PILL DIDNT DISOLVE GOOD IN THE MILK SO ITS LIKE IF I SKIPPED IT...

HI Linc,

I was able to dry cut the 0.5 pretty easy. It will definetly be better you get those. Don't worry we will help you with this. you can always dry cut for awhile and switch to another form later if needed. What ever works best for you. Kel

Hi to all, i hope everyone is doing well!!! can lorazepam or any benzo cause stomach pain or even bladder pain maybe spasm, on the right side of the stomach? i have been having this pain for quite awhile now... anyone have ibs and can relate to this?

Found this in the ashton manual,

Digestive problems. Some people have no problems at all with their digestive systems during or after withdrawal, and may even notice that they are enjoying their food more. Others, perhaps more prone constitutionally, may complain of a range of symptoms associated with "irritable bowel syndrome" (IBS). These can include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, abdominal pain, flatulence, gaseous distension and heartburn. Quite a few have found these symptoms so uncomfortable that they have undergone hospital gastrointestinal investigations, but usually no abnormality is found. The symptoms may be partly due to overactivity in the autonomic nervous system, which controls the motility and secretions of the gut and is very reactive to stress, including the stress of benzodiazepine withdrawal. In addition, there are benzodiazepine receptors in the gut. It is not clear what the functions of these receptors are or how they are affected by benzodiazepines or benzodiazepine withdrawal, but alterations in these receptors may play some part in increasing gut irritability.

So yes, IBS can be a symptom.....

Linc,

Are you going thru benzo withdrawals or menopause! :laugh: Just kidding around with you. I know what you mean by the hot flashes. That burning feeling inside, but it's not hot. Sometimes, when I feel hot inside (and esp. on my face) like that, my hands and feet will be cold at the same time....weird, huh? Glad your tapering is going good. You gonna be getting the .5mg pills tomorrow, right? What dose have you been cutting, your am one? Let us know how it goes at the dr.

Lori :smitten:

lol i kind of figured someone would say that! im cutting to my 3pm dose...oh and yes im going to go see the doc tomorrow. i talked to him about giving me the .5 pills

Sorry, I had to get you on that one. But, then again, you knew it was probably coming! I think that's good that you went back to what you were on for the bedtime dose and are tapering off of the 3pm dose. How many days are you into this taper, now? 4? Is it going as you expected?? Hope he gives you the .5mg pill tomorrow.

just got back from the doc's office... i went due to my pain on the right side of my stomach below my rib also radiates under my rib... i was prescribed rantidine for gerd!!! she gave a me a prescription for the .5 lorazepams. the sad part of all this is that they dont know is what's causing the pain. i talked to her about my taper and that i was doing .125 reductions every 10 days. she said thats to long and to slow...

Hey Linc,

Your doctor wouldn't be the first one to say that your tapering is too long! My pdoc told me to do .5mg cuts every 10 days. They either want you to do large cuts or to wait less amount of time between cuts, or both!!! I hope she gave you enough refills to do the slower taper? I have never heard of the medicine you are on for GERD. You could call the pharmacist and make sure it doesn't interact with your medication, but your doctor should have known that. Did they run any tests on you to try to figure out a diagnosis for the pain on your right side?? If you are having symptoms of GERD and pain on your right side, did the dr. say anything about your gall bladder?? Just wondering?? Hope you get to feeling better!

It doesnt interact but it does prolong w/d!!! and to tell you the truth when i bought prilosec for the gerd and used it for a week, it started causing all kinds of problems... The prilosec made me feel like if i didnt even take the lorazepam when in fact i did... so imm going to stay away from that! by the way im starting to feel the w/d s/x's already but nothing that i cant handle. burning arms and hands!!!

I'd just keep going, Linc.  Crossing over is not trouble-free and then you still have to taper off the klonopin.  I tapered directly off 3mg lorazepam and am doing good.  :thumbsup: Once you are able to get your mind off the tapering and symptoms and just live your life, you will feel better.  I started feeling better the 2nd month of my taper.  Everyone's is different, of course, but I've seen other members report that as well.  You just need to keep going and you'll get there.  :thumbsup:

HI, DOES ANY ONE IF BENZO USE OR W/D'S FROM BENZO MAKE A PERSONS LIVER HURT?

Hi,

I had some pain but it wasn't anything unbearable.  You have to remember that all these drugs are filtered through the liver so it's not surprising that you are feeling some discomfort there. Mine went away pretty quickly and I'm hoping the same for you.  :)

HI, DOES ANY ONE IF BENZO USE OR W/D'S FROM BENZO MAKE A PERSONS LIVER HURT?

I'm not even sure where my liver is!  :laugh:  I recently read several posts about "flank" pain; might be what you are experiencing.  I didn't get it but some do.  Go figure.

HEY, TROPICAL... WHERE WAS YOUR PAIN LOCATED? AND HOW DID IT FEEL? OH AND WHEN WOULD IT HURT OR BY DOING WHAT WOULD IT HURT?

The pain was right under my rib cage on the right side.  The best way I can describe it is that it felt like something was squeezing it, or putting pressure on it.  The best I can remember it seems that sometimes it would show up after I would eat.  I tried to keep my diet as natural as possible and I think that helped.