Lincbasket's lorazapam withdrawal help

[Li...]

I agree with Beeper....whatever works for you is what you need to do.  If not working is a possibilty then go for it.  Not too many people have that option :)

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Li...]

• [Th...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey cal we are at the same dosage! I suffer from depression on and off i hate it especially now that im single! Also because myself esteem right now is not where i want it to be... Thanks for the quick responses and for the support...

Hi, Linc,

There are people on this site that feel much better after exercise.  I was not so fortunate.  Any increase in activity would cause a slew of symptoms (increased anxiety and agitation, hyperventilation, unable to breathe, etc.).  Follow your body's signs. 

You are doing a great job!  Just keep hanging on.

Patty  xo

Symptoms like that will most likely come and go throughout your taper.  I think the best approach is just to notice what's happening but recognize that these feelings are not harmful and are signs that you are healing.  You are tapering at a sensible rate and that's about all you can do.  Look back through your thread and you will see where you had some very upsetting stuff going on at one point or another but those things cleared up or became milder.

You are doing great.  :thumbsup:

what are the symptoms of reaching tolerance or symptoms in which the lorazepam is not lasting the same amount of time in between doses?

Linc,

I had to learn that these symptoms are all normal w/d symptoms.  I wouldn't let them get the best of me.  I refused to let a pill beat me down.  If a new symptom popped up I just said, 'here it comes' and flowed with it.  Fighting it can increase the w/d symptoms.  Shortness of breath and hyperventilation were REALLY irritating during my tapering process.  Make sure you do your deep breathing exercises.  Love reading your posts.

Patty  xo

what are the symptoms of reaching tolerance or symptoms in which the lorazepam is not lasting the same amount of time in between doses?

I think it's just matter of different words used to describe basically the same thing.  Withdrawal symptoms occur when you are withdrawing from a benzo, but can also occur if you have become tolerant of the amount you are taking or in between doses ("interdose withdrawal").  The only way to alleviate w/d symptoms is to take more benzo which may work for a while.  However, we do not recommend doing that but continuing with a sensible taper, waiting long enough between dose reductions to not make the symptoms worse.

Last night was the worst night of my life i woke up really cold from my hands and feet feeling real anxious and with the urge of going to the toilet. my throat hurted my left arm my left side jaw also hurted oh and shortness of breath i didnt sleep not one bit. can this be also happening becasue of the devastating break up im going through? and when i woke up right now the back of my neck was really hot... I had this yesturday once and today twice already this is how my anxiety started or panic attaks i really hope that they are just symptoms and not the anxiety coming back to haunt me

Last night was the worst night of my life i woke up really cold from my hands and feet feeling real anxious and with the urge of going to the toilet. my throat hurted my left arm my left side jaw also hurted oh and shortness of breath i didnt sleep not one bit. can this be also happening becasue of the devastating break up im going through? and when i woke up right now the back of my neck was really hot... I had this yesturday once and today twice already this is how my anxiety started or panic attaks i really hope that they are just symptoms and not the anxiety coming back to haunt me

Hi Linc,

Cold hands and feet along with frequent urination are very typical w/d symptoms. You need to try and relax, I know this is hard in an anxious state. You know that anxiety is intensified if you continue to feed it. You may want to read threads on the Anxiety and Panic board and may want to read The Ashton Manual again to go over the w/d symptoms so you are not overly anxious when one of the symptoms appears. You're doing a great job with your taper.

T2 :smitten:

Thanks t2 oh by the way when i said toilet i meant number 2

Many suffer the symptoms of IBS during w/d, me included. Lori is going through a bout right now. It will pass but may reappear along your journey.

Hey Linc,

My IBS and anxiety are BIG TIME right now. I am trying to stay calm and positive; keep telling myself it's signs of healing. I know it can be scary and frustrating after having some good days, but hang in there. We can get thru this rough patch!!

Lori

What is the best thing one can do when one reaches tolerance during w/d?

Just what you are doing: taper off at a sensible rate and employ other methods of dealing with the symptoms than taking more benzo. 

Hey bb's... what does one do when one reaches .125 .125 .125 do i just start droping each .125? or do i have to split that in half and still take something?

I just started dropping doses, LB.  I dropped my mid-day 0.125mg first, then the morning and finally the evening dose. Others probably did it differently.

i feel so close to the end!!! hey beeper when did your taper really get rough on you?

You know, LB, I'm not going to tell you this.  If you are like me in your thinking, you will think that it will get rough for you at the same stage and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.  Just keep expecting that all your symptoms will be manageable and keep your eye on the prize.  :thumbsup:

Hey Linc,

You are getting sooooo close!! Good for you, my friend! I am tapering off klonopin, but I think that when I am down to .125mg in the am and pm, I will then cut both of them in half and take .0625mg in the am and pm for 7-10 days, then drop to nothing. We are all different, so do what you feel ready to do!

Lori :smitten:

Hey there, Linc...you are soooo close :)

When I got to .375 mg of lorazepam I decided to go to titration.  My healing symptoms were beginning to interfere with my life and I just didn't want that.  So I slowed way down.  But if your symptoms are tolerable, just keep going.

I like Lori's suggestion, but it was not possible for me to cut my .5mg tabs any smaller.  All I could get was powder.

You'll know what is best for you when the time is right.  Keep at it !!!

Hey bb's i need you support i am getting very depressed about life. its like i am losing interest in everything. i feel like there is no point of living. i wish that this depression goes away it is very exhausting i hate feeling this way and about life. i get it from time to time. im almost done with my taper atleast thats coming to an end oh and havent had any anxiety or panic attacks lets just not hope that im speaking to soon!!!

Hey bb's i need you support i am getting very depressed about life. its like i am losing interest in everything. i feel like there is no point of living. i wish that this depression goes away it is very exhausting i hate feeling this way and about life. i get it from time to time. im almost done with my taper atleast thats coming to an end oh and havent had any anxiety or panic attacks lets just not hope that im speaking to soon!!!

Hi Linc,

I had several times during my taper when I felt exactly like you are feeling!! It will pass and things will get better!! Hang in there!!

T2 :smitten:

Hang in there, Linc. I have had many days of feeling like this on my cuts. I know it is from the benzos and it will pass. Our emotions will level out/heal just like the rest of our bodies. This is all part of the healing process. Just know, you won't feel like this forever. Congrats on being so close to the end of your journey!!

Lori :smitten:

Have you heard the expression "Fake it till you make it?".  I think most of us had to go through the motions of living without enjoyment for quite some time. You are right, it is exhausting and often discouraging.  Just know it is temporary and keep being social and staying active physically .  Another thing that helps is to focus on others' needs. This time of the year you will see a lot of opportunities to volunteer.  Find one that sounds fun to you and go for it. Or, even if your heart isn't in it, it will help the depression heal while you are helping others.

I know hearing that depression is normal doesn't make it go away, but it does help to know that this won't last forever.

I agree with Beeper...every time I feel depressed I try to find something to do for someone else.  It helps me every time :)

I'm going to steal this expression "Fake it till you make it"  I feel like most days this is exactly what I am doing....