Lincbasket's lorazapam withdrawal help

[Li...]

My taper is going great no w/d s/x's my side pain has not gone away. Cant it be related to benzo's? I got alot of tests done and nothing...

Hi Linc,

I really think the side pain is from w/d symptoms. Mine has almost disappeared and I had it bad for at least 3 weeks. I'm glad to hear things are going well!

T2 :smitten:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Li...]

• [Th...]

• [Lo...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Linc,

Good to hear from you. Great news about your tapering going so well!! The side pain could be associated with IBS symptoms from withdrawals?? If I remember, you had a lot checked when you went to the ER originally when you started getting that pain. And they couldn't find anything. If you develop a fever, if the pains get REALLY bad, blood in stool or urine, etc., then another trip to the dr. would be wise. If not, and it started when you began tapering, it is most likely a withdrawal symptom that you are experiencing. Keep us posted from time to time on how you are doing!

Lori :smitten:

Hey bb long time no chat! I have been doing good up until today! Anxiety! Palps! Anger! Depression! You name i got it! Im thinking its due to that im not getting my sleep... Im on my 3rd cut 10th day shouldnt i have all the listed above on atleast the first 3 days of my cut?

Hey bb long time no chat! I have been doing good up until today! Anxiety! Palps! Anger! Depression! You name i got it! Im thinking its due to that im not getting my sleep... Im on my 3rd cut 10th day shouldnt i have all the listed above on atleast the first 3 days of my cut?

Hi Linc,

Withdrawal symptoms can hit at different times. Some people get theirs right away and others get theirs in 4-5 days after a cut and some get theirs

7-10 days after a cut. Not all cuts hit at the same time either. Sorry your sleep hasn't been that good, that could add to your symptoms. Hope your symptoms calm down in a day or two. Hang in there, you're doing great!

Hey Linc,

By my 3rd cut, I quit trying to keep track of what symptoms I would get on what days. Each of my cuts have been different; no set pattern. I know it's different for everyone, but we can all do one thing the same when it comes to withdrawals....accept the symptoms when they hit, know they will pass, and ride it out!! Hope your sleep improves very soon and that the rest of your symptoms will leave as fast as they came. Keep up the great tapering, Linc!!!

LincB  :therethere:

It's totally normal to be concerned about your heart palpitations.  When I get a muscle spasm, like I'm having now in my back, I know it's a w/d symptom and a sign of healing.  If that same spasm were happening near my heart, I'd probably be a little freaked by it at first.  You have had many tests that show there is nothing physically wrong and you know that heart palpitations are a common w/d symptom along with increased anxiety in general.  You may need to practice some calming and relaxing techniques as the benzos leave your system; I surely have.  I was numbed so long I didn't know how to deal with un-numbed feelings at first. My advice is not to wait until you are done tapering to incorporate some of those techniques in your daily life.

You may already have seen this from the Ashton Manual, but it's worth another look anyway IMO:

"COURSE OF WITHDRAWAL

During benzodiazepine withdrawal, symptoms characteristically wax and wane, varying in severity and type from day to day, week to week, and even during the course of a day. Some symptoms come and go; others may take their place. There is no need to be discouraged by these wave-like recurrences; the waves become less severe and less frequent as time passes. Typically "Windows" of normality, when you feel positively well for a few hours or days, appear after some weeks; gradually the "Windows" become more frequent and last longer, while any intervening discomfort ebbs away.

It is impossible to give an exact time for the duration of withdrawal symptoms. It depends on where you start from, how much support you need and receive, how you manage your taper and many other factors. With slow tapering, some long-term users have virtually lost all their symptoms by the time they take their last tablet, and in the majority symptoms disappear within a few months. Vulnerability to extra stress may last somewhat longer and a severe stress may - temporarily - bring back some symptoms. Whatever your symptoms, it is best not to dwell on them. Symptoms are just symptoms after all and most of them in withdrawal are not signs of illness but signals of recovery. Furthermore, as your mind clears, you can work out more and more effective ways to deal with them so that they become less significant.

One reassuring finding from many clinical studies is that eventual success in withdrawal is not affected by duration of use, dosage or type of benzodiazepine, rate of withdrawal, severity of symptoms, psychiatric diagnosis, or previous attempts at withdrawal. Thus from almost any starting point, the motivated long-term user can proceed in good heart."

One reassuring finding from many clinical studies is that eventual success in withdrawal is not affected by duration of use, dosage or type of benzodiazepine, rate of withdrawal, severity of symptoms, psychiatric diagnosis, or previous attempts at withdrawal. Thus from almost any starting point, the motivated long-term user can proceed in good heart."

I especially like this point!! VERY encouraging!! Thanks Beeper!

Boy, Linc, I sure hate those heart palpatations....very scary when it concerns the heart, i know. 

But as Beeper indicated...another w/d s/x, so try to find something that helps you to relax and forget.  Not easy, but the best solution

I have i question more like a concern why is it that i get anxiety only when i go do any kind of activity? for instance light work... has anyone experienced this how long is this going to go on for? is it better for me to keep working or not yet?

Hi, Linc,

I truly envied those that could work and exercise during their taper.  My symptoms would worsen if I did any type of activity for some reason.  I am thankful that I do not work outside the home because I would not have been able to hold down a job.  So you are not alone with this symptom.  This lasted until after my taper, unfortunately.  It may not last that long for you.  Hugging you.

Patty  xo

Hey Linc,

I wonder if it has to do with adrenaline levels? I can't say I know the exact reason for this. Maybe someone else will come along that can answer it for you.  I would just listen to your own body as to what your limits might be. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! :-\

I have i question more like a concern why is it that i get anxiety only when i go do any kind of activity? for instance light work... has anyone experienced this how long is this going to go on for? is it better for me to keep working or not yet?

What does this anxiety feel like, LB?  Rapid heartbeat, maybe some shaking?

rapid heartbeat or palps after i get home... i linked it to that because when i dont go to help out i dont get it... i just help out at a community center not even doing much...

Hey Linc,

GREAT news that you are half-way to benzo freedom! You are doing so well!! How are the heart palps going today? Were you able to go do anymore volunteer work and not feel bad afterwards???

[move] :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:[/move]

I also went to er for racing heart twice.  Had an event monitor, which showed from 16 reading elevated rate with normal rythym, and one irregular with venticular something, they didnt do an echo at the hospital because I have no insurance now....

they referred me to see a cardiologist, but I havent got the money, and it is probably the anxiety anway I guess and dosage withdrawals.

Did your heart stop racing eventually? 

I hope mine stops soon, been racing for days, and shaking, etc......

Yea the palps only happen after i go and do the work... oh and the only thing that i do have is really bad heart burn!!! i hate it...

Hi Linc,

I too get palps ocassionally after doing something strenuous. I think this will straighten itself out when you begin to heal. I also get heartburn a few days a week, I pop a Tums and that helps.

oh and the only thing that i do have is really bad heart burn!!! i hate it...

I pop the Tums as well for heartburn; have had that on my second cut and the one before this one!! Not fun! :tickedoff:

Hey Linc,

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend. :'( Is it really over or maybe just a bad fight?? You're gonna be ok. Don't let this interfere with you getting off these benzos! You're a strong guy!

Hey bb's I have a question for you guys, Is it better to just wait until im done with my taper in december to do things? For instance not work until im done? I ask this because when I dont do much stuff im able to sleep at night and go through the day really well... And when i go and do something like a little work I tend to come home and have that nasty feeling of a little anxiety... Ive noticed that when I dont do anything I have no problems with my taper... Is this going to go on for a long time or will I get back to normal? Atleast one thing is for sure I dont get anxiety or panic attacks no more im so thankful for that...

If you feel good when you don't work and bad when you do and really have a choice, my opinion would be not to work.  I'm totally the opposite.  If I don't keep busy, my anxiety rises and sleep sufferes.  Do what's best for you, kiddo.  :thumbsup: