Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi Pamster,

Thank you for letting me know what happened with the line through my script. :) Also thank you for what you did with merging the original topic earlier.  Your help is much appreciated!

NG

On 7/26/2023 at 7:47 AM, [[R...] said:

Hello all,

Got 7.5 hrs + a nap that was a bit under 1 hour.  I feel rested today.  I exercise every day and am not sure but that may help me sleep.  I just reduced my Clonazepam dosage to .118 mg.  I hope this final stretch goes well.  I've tentatively set a jump off dosage of .025 mg.  I haven't had a lot of symptoms, but I'm quite tired of feeling bloated.  I look pregnant -- and I'm a dude!  Wishing everyone a good day..

Exercise definitely helps with sleep.  I'm up to ~6 hours after 5 months of 0-5 hours of sleep. 

3 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Exercise definitely helps with sleep.  I'm up to ~6 hours after 5 months of 0-5 hours of sleep. 

Good to know your sleep has improved.  Last night I got around 6 hrs, too, and then one of my cats woke me up wanting cat treats.  I then managed to get back to sleep for a nap of about 1.5 hrs.

Temps cooling down from 101 last week to 89 today.  Still quite muggy, though.

Good morning,

Glad your posts are back to normal, NG.  

Nice to see you slept well! Keep it up. Clean bed sheets etc surely help to feel good. Every little bit helps. 

I slept well last night. Just one bathroom visit around 4 am. Woke up shortly after 6 am and luckely went back to sleep. 

Lots of rain last night, today and for the foreseeable future. Cool too. Uff! So sorry for all the folks on holiday now. 

Enjoy your Monday. 

TS 

Good morning guys. Yes, I think exercise is a big help if you can do it (mild to moderate tho). I know many can't exercise during benzo withdrawal and that is understandable. 

TS, I just took a look at the Roomba on Amazon....too expensive for me ATM so I will stick to doing things manually for now instead of using a robot, but those things are pretty cool. 😁

Have a great Monday everyone. I think I got maybe 6 hours last night but I did not track with my Fitbit.

Hello folks, 

RnR,  I 'm pleased to see you slept well last night. Congrats. 

AB,  6 hours isn't too bad. I'd take it any night.

I don't think a Roomba would be suitable in my house. Lots of stuff at ground level would prevent "her" from doing a decent job. My cleaning lady comes in every other week and does a proper job. I pay her €40 per morning, around $44. 

I slept well last night.  I did have a period of coughing and a congested nose, but fell back asleep. I was in deep sleep when the alarm woke me up at 7.45 am. Good morning cruel world...

Another day with heavy rain.  I 'm really fed up by now. Summer is just a distant memory. Grrr!

Have a lovely Tuesday everyone.

TS 

GM TS. Good to hear you slept well. FitBit says 5.5 hours for me and I think that is about right. Anxiety is a little high this morning. Hopefully, it settles down as the day goes by.

I think I will meditate and then go jump on my stationary bike for 20 mins. That is my usual morning routine. Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Good day everyone,

AB, 5.5 hours isn't too bad.  Hopefully the anxiety goes away soon.  The 20 minute bike ride sounds like a good way to start the day.  Meditation is always good.  I feel quite calm and refreshed when I take the time for meditation.  It's been awhile.  I gave my mother my Tai Chi video and she no longer does that, so I will bring it back with me after our visit next week. Hopefully it is still there.  

TS, your cleaning lady is a steal! I paid mine $60 every two weeks. The price is probably higher, now, but she was so worth it.  

Indeed when the Roomba starts up, I make sure everything is picked up. It is a lot of work.  

Sorry to hear you had a coughing spell last night.  It is great you went back to sleep! 

Do you ever consider turning off the alarm when that happens?  

The rain does need to move on.  

Sleep well,

NG

Good morning,

I managed to get 8 hrs of sleep in.  I keep on having dreams about my son.  My son is 27 now, but in the dreams he's 2.  

Yesterday I took a walk in a local park that has a walking trail.  It's right by the Mississippi River.  I walked for about 40 minutes.  Saw deer -- two fawns.  On earlier walks I've seen snakes.  This time no snakes on the path.

Have a great day!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Good morning,

I managed to get 8 hrs of sleep in.  I keep on having dreams about my son.  My son is 27 now, but in the dreams he's 2.  

Yesterday I took a walk in a local park that has a walking trail.  It's right by the Mississippi River.  I walked for about 40 minutes.  Saw deer -- two fawns.  On earlier walks I've seen snakes.  This time no snakes on the path.

Have a great day!

my walks are similar to yours and they've so improved my sleep patterns!  I am trying to always go after dinner, and am succeeding with that.  I also love the Pebble Beach Drive walk I take along one of our beaches about a mile from my apartment.  I used to live in Florence AL, but never got to walk along the Mississippi, would have been lovely :) I'm sure.

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Good morning,

Have a great day!

The walks sound good and relaxing except for the snakes RnR. LOL....I have a horrible snake phobia.

Hi there,

Happy about the good sleep most of you had. The walks sound enjoyable. 

At first I slept for 6,5 hours without any interruptions. Woke to go to the bathroom. Slept on until the alarm woke me up at 7 am. Had to put out the garbage. Did manage to get a little bonus sleep after that. Woke up feeling ever so tired: crazy, right? After a shower and breakfast the tiredness was gone. Feeling good now. 

Bought some organic spelt/ sourdough bread this morning. Delicious! There's a new bakery in a nearby village. A young man started this earlier this year. All things sourdough. Now that's real bread!

Another rainy morning. We had some 50 mm ( 2 inches ) in a few days. This afternoon the sun might come out. Unbelievable! 

Have a wonderful Wednesday. 

Good morning,

TS, sounds like you got some good sleep there.  Funny, I got morning garbage duty, too.  I put out the garbage for one bin and recyclables for the other.  Yesterday, I was putting branches into tall leaf bags to be hauled away at some future date.  Oh, what fun! (sarcasm)

It rained over night and cooled things down a tad.  Still kind of muggy out.  July and August are our humid months.

Got in a little over 7.5 hrs of sleep.

Good day all,

R&R your walk sounded nice, especially since you didn't see any snakes! The view of seeing a doe and two fawns along with the Mississippi sounds like a picture.  

The dreams about your son as a two year old is interesting.  

Oregonlady, walking along a beach is so refreshing. I have fond memories of beach walks when we stayed at my sister's beach house many summers. 

TS, your six hours plus the bonus sleep sounds amazing! Ahh yes, the crazy tiredness is difficult to figure out.  The shower and breakfast is a definite feel better routine.  

Yumm  fresh baked sourdough bread sounds delightful.  How sweet you have a newly opened one close by.  

Two inches is a lot of rain in that many days.  Enjoy the sun!

Last night I slept 4 hours and 53 minutes.  It was a bad night sleep wise.  The night before I slept 8 hours and 22 minutes.  

Have a great Wednesday.

NG

I think we all have messed up sleep right now. Mine's been decent, maybe about six and a half hours total. It's been split, about 4 or 5 hours at night and a couple hours worth of naps during the day.

Organic sourdough bread is my favorite, we have a couple dozen bakeries within a few blocks, a bunch of different varieties of sourdough. San francisco, seattle, etc. Some are fluffier and lighter, and some are more dense with a harder crust. I like to toast all of them, and put organic mayonnaise on it so I can eat burgers or chicken sandwiches, much better taste than a regular burger bun or regular bread.

Recently I've been debating getting out of the city. Being on the waterfront and having the islands and boats and all the stores within walking distance is great, but not having nature and peace and quiet and remote living sucks after a while. It's not that it feels like a big party, it's just it feels like everyone's always in your business.

I grew up in the mountains where there's a lot of peace and quiet, you can escape from reality by going for a hike up in the mountains or sitting on a river or looking at a stream, just sitting there by yourself. Sometimes nature beats convenience and money.

Good morning,

Got 8.5 hrs of sleep last night.  Still feel a little tired.  Maybe I need my morning coffee.  Could be the cloudy skies moving in.  Hope everyone got a decent sleep last night.

Hi,

R&R, 8.5 hours is great.  Enjoy the morning coffee and cooler weather if it comes your way.

Justintime four or five hours of sleep plus some naps isn't bad.  

The waterfront sounds nice. The quietness of mountains is amazing.  Enjoy whatever you decide to do!

I slept 7 hours and 29 minutes with an hour of REM and 48 minutes of deep.  

So far I feel like I usually do...tired. 

Perhaps one day the rested feeling will return.  

Sleep well everyone. 

How do you guys get accurate numbers of your sleep? I usually go by the time, if I even remember at all. I know some people use fitbits and wear smart watches to get it, but I don't wear one of those.

R&R, 8.5hrs is great. I remember a few months back I got almost 12 hours straight in one night. I haven't gotten anything over 8 hours in a long time, hopefully we will all start getting 8 hours per night soon.

Yes Night, the quiet mountains are the best. I don't know why, but most people always prefer the water when you ask if they want to live on the water or the mountains. I've always preferred the mountains myself, I think they're more scenic and more rare and natural. 75% of the Earth is covered in water, the other 25% land. But probably only a small percentage of that 25% is mountains, so it's a rare thing.

Not to mention, there's no flooding up in the mountaintops. There's water, at its most pure form. Streams and rivers, which is why I'm guessing the bears prefer the mountains. They are the top predator, and that's where they choose to be mostly, so it can't be too bad.

The coast has its benefits as well, but after you look at the water all day every day, it seems more "normal", as opposed to looking at the mountains every day. If you can get lucky enough to have both at the same time, even better. Some people live on mountain tops looking down at the coast or looking at lakes, but then you get into high dollar stuff.

If only I was lucky enough to live on a mountain top in Northern British Columbia/ Alberta area with teal green lakes and snow-capped mountains simultaneously, then I would really be winning. We have some of that in Washington state as well, but it's protected lands and you're not allowed to build up there.

Anyways, I hope everyone is staying cool during the summer and continues to get some decent sleep, mine's finally correcting itself again. I went from nocturnal to normal again, so hopefully it stays this way.

Good morning, 

Justintime,  that last sentence of your post is really important!  Gone back to normal instead of nocturnal. Wow, how wonderful and how good it must make you feel.

I always do a guesstimate of my sleep, no fibit etcetera.  It can become too big an issue when we focus too much on sleep. Imo anyway. 

Last night my sleep wasn't good. Woke up a lot, stomach and back pain. Oh well, there's always a next chance.

Yesterday was mostly dry. How weird after 4 days of rain and drizzle. The sun even came out. I was finally able to mow the lawn again.

Going fishing this evening. See wether the fish have drowned or not. Lol

Have a fine Friday. 

Trochsetter 

Same here, sleep wasn't the best last night. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep, woke up for a few hours, went back to sleep for one more hour I believe. I agree, focusing too much on the number of hours is never good, it's more important to just rest your mind and body and try to rejuvenate instead of counting. If your body feels refreshed, the number of hours is irrelevant.

I like the comment about the fishing, I guess a fish would have to have a serious heart attack to drown, or their gills would have to stop working.

It's been really dry here as well, low 30s humidity and some sporadic summer wildfires around the mountains and islands. Last summer we went almost 6 months without any rain, and this summer I think we've gone about 2 or 3 months without rain. I actually remember getting more rain when I was living in Colorado then I am getting in Washington (during summertime).

Good Saturday morning,

It's kinda funny how our sleep is very often similar. Sometimes we all sleep like babies, other times sleep is mixed up or even off. Makes you wonder...

NG,  Sorry your sleep was so bad. I wish you an 8 hour one this coming night!

Last night my sleep was a bit like as Justintime 's. 4 hours followed by lots of strange and short little sleeps. But, there it is again, I feel fine! You tell me...

No bites last evening,  so the fish must have died or moved off to dryer countries. Lol

A couple more cool and wet days, but next week the summer is said to return!  Wow!

Enjoy this day if you can!

TS 

Hi all I'm new here, 

I would say a 4 ever since I started reducing my dosage back in June this year. 

Broken sleep, still tapering. I use to have really bad morning anxiety. But that has gotten better.

Wake up feeling super fatigue and jumpy. I hope as time goes on it will get better.     

Welcome to BB @[...]errickrod02,

It's good to hear that your mornings are better anxiety-wise.  I hope you can find a solution to your morning fatigue.

Last night it took me a while to get to sleep.  I'm not sure if it was the achy muscles I had after a workout yesterday or if caffeine figured into my restlessness, or both.  Still, I ended up getting 7 hours.

Nice sunshiny day today.  Tomorrow the weatherpeople are saying rain.  We'll have to see, as the weatherpeople aren't always right.

[28...]