Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good day folks,

Congrats on the good sleep everybody!  Way to go.

My sleep was fantastic last night! At least 7,5 hours of unbroken sleep.  Wow.

Justintime,  the good thing about dreaming is that it's free. You thinking about your future is a sign of further recovery.  At the same time try to enjoy every good moment right now. And take it from there.

NG,  so happy to see you're picking up on your walking! Don't overdo it. Gradually does it.

Sunny and warm weather today. I love it. Bike riding this afternoon,  hardly any wind.

Have a great Friday.

TS

7.5 hours of sleep is really good, especially when it's uninterrupted. I love those nights when I go to sleep and wake up and actually feeling refreshed, like you know you got a really good sleep.

I keep getting tired, but then I can't go to sleep. I was out in the sun a lot yesterday and I got lots of exercise and went through many stressful events, so I think my body is just rebelling and it will probably be out for the whole night later if I had to guess.

Good afternoon,

Ahh, JustInTime, what a wonderful night of sleep you had.  I hope you have a lot more of those nights. 

Sorry to hear about your stressful events. I agree, our bodies are not happy when that happens.

TS, congratulations on your fantastic night! Hope you have many, many more of those.

Dreams are totally free entertainment. When we go to bed and close our eyes, we never know which dream is coming our way.  Mine are mostly good or at least thought provoking. 

How was the bike ride? It sounds lovely. 

Last night I slept 3 hours and 14 minutes. Good grief..

On the plus side, I don't feel like I am sleep deprived, so that's good.  I was even willing to drive to our closest, always busy, Costco, this morning, to get my husband's amazing blueberry muffins, which is all he will eat. Not sure how this little person eats one every morning, sitting in his recliner,  without gaining weight, but he does.

I wish everyone a great sleep tonght.

NG

Hello,

NG,  Sorry your sleep was off. I'm glad you felt good. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense at all, does it.

The bike ride was lovely.  Went to see my aunt in the nursing home on the way. It was just a short visit, just to surprise her. She was ever so pleased to see me. Visiting her properly this morning, bearing gifts. The ride through the woods was so pleasant with the warmth.

Sleep was lousy. Woke up a lot and was being bullied by a mosquito. Uff!

A hot day today.  Last Thursday a big storm,  now high summer again. Go figure.

Have a lovely Saturday.

TS

Good day,

I crashed and burned last night with 1 hour and 25 minutes of sleep. 

Sorry this is about me, but I do feel awful. 

My stomach has been upset for the last 4-5 months, so I decided this week to go back to taking probiotics to see if it would help. I stopped this winter because I thought it might be bothering my sleep.  The nurse at the doctor we go to, suggested I take Pepcid AC which gave me a headache and nerve ending like pains.  I went back to taking a OTC liquid antacid, which does help, some, with no noticeable side effects. 

I also got up to 10,000plus steps the last two days, which could also be the problem, but I feel I cannot stop walking. I need to get some weight off that I put on over the winter as well as see if my replaced knees will feel better with both the walking and the weight loss.

TS, I love hearing about your visits with your aunt.  That in itself is a wonderful gift for both of you. 

The bike ride through the woods sounds beautiful. 

I am sorry your sleep was lousy and worse yet, a mosquito had invaded your space!

Hopefully it is not in your room tonight.

Sleep well my friend.

NG

Hello my dear Nightengale,

Please don't apologize for writing about your own issues. That's one of the great things of BB.  Share your problems so they become a little lighter. There's so many on here who understand.

Sorry your stomach is giving you issues. Stomach pain sucks!

I started taking a prescription drug for my stomach after restarting Paxil. Mine is Pantoprazol. One a day an hour before dinner. Works very well.

10.000 steps a day is fantastic,  but way out of my league..  I compensate by extra bike rides. A big well done to you!

A really warm day today.  33 degrees Celsius.  So  in the 90's for you. Going to use the fan tonight. Blows the mosquitos away as well. Hah.

Sleep well.

Trochsetter

Good morning,

I didn't sleep well. Woke up a zillion times. Nausea in the last couple of hours. It came and went kind of wave wise. On the bright side, no mosquitos.

After a shower and breakfast things were ok again. As usual.

Hope you all slept well.

Enjoy this Sunday.

This is so crazy, it's almost as if benzo injuries are connected. I've literally been having the same problems as you two, sleep and stomach and Heat and everything. Maybe there's an unspoken connection between healing cells in the world.

Anyways, yeah I had an upset stomach the last couple days as well. I haven't had any stomach pains or nausea in a few years until this week. I've been out in the heat a lot, and I've been craving oranges every morning, so maybe the electrolytes are down with the heat. Problem with eating these oranges every morning, is they give me a little bit too much of a boost with all the sugar, so then it gives me slight waves and I can't stop walking just like you. And then once I start walking too far, then I get the nerve pain in my feet from the benzo withdrawal.

My sleep has been off too, instead of getting that last hour or two of rejuvenating sleep, I keep getting about 6 hours of sleep but it only feels like I got a couple hours. Maybe tomorrow we will have rejuvenating sleep, so we can feel better.

I might be able to relate to the bug thing more than anyone on here. In 2019 whenever I went cold turkey on the klonopin, I was living in this older rental that was built in the 40s. It was on the coast of North carolina, about a half a mile from the beach. We had palm trees and the house was historic, so there were Palmetto bugs. Palmetto bugs are the same as cockroaches, and they come in whenever it rains.

I was stuck in my apartment, because of my agoraphobia. I couldn't handle anybody coming over, and I kept spraying roach spray around the corners of the house to create a barrier. For some reason it wasn't affecting the roaches, and it seemed to be attracting them. I kept spraying more, and then before I knew it my whole place smelled like raid. It made my benzo waves extremely bad, on top of the cold turkey from 20 years of high dose usage, and it seemed like I was getting poisoned with the extreme fumes from the raid.

So then I ended up having to choke on chemicals and raid fumes for months on end, while not even being able to get out my trash. I had to start stacking trash bags outside of the front door, which made the roach problem even worse. And then before you know it, there was lots of ants. Then there was mosquitoes out there, and then lots of flies. The problem just kept compounding, it just kept getting worse.

And then my mom brought me over a birthday cake because I couldn't leave the house and I had been suffering for so long, and she was in town. I put the cake on my countertop since my place was clean inside, but then I had long lines of ants coming through the kitchen overnight, it looked like an army that was very organized in a straight single file line, went for about 50 ft. Before you know it, my chocolate birthday cake was getting eaten by ants.

I was extremely paranoid, I was gagging on raid fumes, there were bugs all over outside and inside, and I couldn't even go anywhere or have anyone come over to help with the bug problem. Ever since then, I told myself I'm never living in an area with bugs ever again in my life. That was one of the major deciding factors on why to come to the Pacific Northwest on the Puget sound, cold water and no standing water, and no warm climates equals hardly any bugs.

Now these days, I don't ever have to worry about a home pest again. I've been here over a year and a half, and I haven't had a single home pest the entire time. And whenever I'm outside, the only bug I will ever see is a European gardening spider over near Bill Gates park with all the flowers and evergreens, it's a big Arboretum park.

So I totally hear where you're coming from with the bugs, they're the worst. But just remember, it can always be worse. Southern United states, old historic house, 90 something degrees and humid in the summer, agoraphobia unable to leave, and bugs attacking your home like it's in a war.

Hi Justintime,

What a horror story! You've had your fair share of bugs. It sounds you were going through some terrible times. I'm so glad you moved to a more bug 'free' zone. The warmer and moistier the climate, the larger and more dangerous the creepy crawlers are. Long live the moderate climate.

The stomach issues and cravings and need to move sound like detox symptoms.  Must be a phase every ex benzo victim has to go through at some point. This too shall pass...right?

Have a good sleep.

TS

Good afternoon,

JustIntime, the benzo injuries do seem connected.  Our cells may be speaking!

Over the years when I walked, I only went a mile one way and then a mile back, so I could always make home without getting overly tired.  I did that three times a day and met a lot of people and made a lot friends.  Now I walk around the house. Mainly the basement. I miss my street walking days.

I agree the bugs were a horror!! That sounded awful. 

I discovered quite by accident, that I can catch a lot of spiders in my basement on the sticky mouse "cards."  I've not had mice for many years,  but I would discover bites on my arms and legs when I woke up in the morning. (Just so you know, I thought of bed bugs and tore my bed apart to look for signs. There were none. The bites I had were two or three on my ankles or my near my wrists. Never in both places)  The sticky card traps were left over when I wanted to make sure there were no mice in the basement.  When I went to collect them, I found dead spiders all over them.  That stopped the bites on my legs and arms. 

Yikes about inhaling the Raid! I used to use the House and Garden stuff around my bed each day and now and then felt my heart flutter, so it was  something my heart reacted to.  I then would spray and run up the stairs without breathing. 

The Pacific Norwest sounds like a great bug free place to be. 

TS, how was your sleep? I hope your Sunday went well.

I slept five hours last night. I feel better today. Hopefully my sleep continues to improve.

Sleep well everyone,

NG

Good afternoon,

I got 7.5 hrs + a 1-hr nap last night.  This culminated a week-long visit by the grandkids.  It was great seeing them, but I have to admit, a week was a very long time with them.  They are sweet but go berserk, especially when their mom shows up.  It is fun to see how they develop, including picking up new words and phrases.  The 2-year-old likes to "walk around" in my wife's high heels.  That was quite a sight to see.

Wishing everybody a good sleep..

Yes, this too shall pass. I didn't sleep all that great last night, but I got in a decent nap a little while ago. I feel rejuvenated for now, so that's good enough.

Yeah the kids sound difficult to be around for long, all the screaming and yelling and laughing gets old after a bit. I haven't seen my nephew or niece in a long time, but I usually can't handle them for very long either.

Yes the colder climates are just better overall, I didn't realize that when I was young. I used to live in Florida and on the coast of North carolina, and I used to lay around in the Sun and go swimming almost all day everyday. The older I got, the more I realized it's so much easier just to throw on a hoodie or some pants when it's cold. When it's hot, the only way to cool down is to go inside. You can get in the water, but you'll still overheat after a while if it's hot enough out.

Good morning,

Let me begin  by saying how wonderful this site of ours is doing atm. I love it! Thanks for contributing!

NG,  your spider adventures sound equally scary as Justintime 's horror stuff. Good grief!  I would never be able to close my eyes again. Good thing you caught the spiders albeit by accident.

Glad everyone slept and napped better. It's great to feel better and rejuvenated.

My granddad used to say how grandkids made him happy twice: once when they came and then again when they left...lol

NG,  My sleep was a lot better last night After another really warm day the heat was pushed out by rain and thunder. Nothing too bad thankfully. Last night was much cooler, so sleep came promptly. I did wake up a few times, but went back to sleep quickly.

I hope we'll all have a marvellous Monday!

Take care!

TS

Good morning.

We do have a wonderful site to share our ups and downs with some amazing contributions. Thanks everyone!

First of all, TS, your comment about your granddad's statement concerning the grand kids visiting, made me smile/laugh. He is so right!! lol

I am glad your sleep improved from a couple of days ago along with feeling better. 

Enjoy the cooler day.

R&R, what fun your grand kids were, especially the two year old walking around in high heels! Enjoy the memories! A week is quite long, but you made it!

My sleep is still not doing well. I could not go to sleep last night, so took a hydroxyzine an hour after I went to bed last night and did fall asleep. I woke up a couple of times and did lie awake after the 4 am wake up.  Not sure if I went back to sleep or not. 

I remember TS said it can cause less deep sleep and it does.  At least I had some REM. Hopefully tonight will be better taking nothing.

The morning is fleeting, so I will sign off. 

Have a wonderful Monday.

NG

Yes hydroxyzine messes up sleep. They tried giving it to me a few times in the hospital, a few years back. It always made me feel crappy, almost like I had the flu or something. It didn't make me sleep at all, it actually kept me awake.

The only thing that will guarantee make you sleep is recreational substances, but they also have their downfalls. I was getting a lot of sleep with marijuana, but it only happens for about a week before you start waking up in the middle of the night and having to use it to go back to sleep. And then once you quit using it, then your sleep gets messed up for about a week. It's kind of a catch 22, you can get temporary relief, but it's never permanent.

I've just been walking around downtown in the middle of the night, going from the Amazon spheres to the Waterfront to the Space Needle and to the center of downtown, it's like a ghost town at night. Sometimes I will run into one or two people out walking around, but there's really no cars or humans out there at that hour.

I think we are going through a sleep deprivation phase because of the Heat and the summer, or something similar. It's been cooler here than it was the other week, but it's still in the 70s. I'm ready for fall and winter again, the cold months are the best.

Hello,

Justintime I think you're right about the negative influence of Summer and warmth. It's something we all have to deal with. A walk like you had could help. Did it make you sleep better?

My sleep wasn't much good last night. Too warm in the bedroom and in my body. I'd been out and about in the sun too long I suppose.

Surprisingly I did feel rested this morning. I'll take it.

Off to see my aunt. Already looking forward to the bike ride through the woods.

Have a pleasant Tuesday.

TS

Good morning,

JIT, as you may know, the baseball all-star game will be played tonight at T-Mobile Park in Seattle.  Things may be buzzing there around that time.  TS, I hope the weather cools down for you so you can get some better sleep.  Last night I got 7.5 hrs.  I seem to be in a 7.5-hr groove, but I shouldn't complain.  Feel fairly rested.  Don't know if I'll take a nap.  Good day to all..

Good morning,

R&R, it probably will be buzzing there tonight with the All Star Baseball game. 

7.5 hours is a good amount of sleep, especially for the summer months. 

TS, I am sorry to hear your sleep was off last night.  Summer nights sometimes do that to us.  That's great you feel rested. 

Enjoy the visit with your aunt. It is a special time for both of you. 

The bike ride sounds so very nice. 

JustinTime, I am glad the marijuana works for you.  That's all the really matters is that it does. 

Too bad it is like everything and eventually stops working as well as it did in the beginning. 

The quiet walks in the night sound nice.  It is amazing how no one us out that hour. 

Last night I slept just over 7 hours.  I did well until around 4 am. Not sure if I dozed off after that, but did finally get up to walk for 20 minute at 6 am.

Stay cool and sleep well everyone. 

NG

Good day,

It's nice to see you had another great sleep,  RnR.  How do you do that?

NG,  your 7 hours was also really good. The early morning walk sounds pleasant too. In the garden I assume.

My sleep was a little better, but still not great. I woke up after an hour, slept some 3 hours and woke up again. The last hours were with interruptions as well. But I did have a little more quality sleep than the night before.

Today is finally cooler after 2 more really warm ones that were not supposed to have beenthat warm. Nice  refreshing wind. I have the doors and windows open wide to move out the warmth inside. ( no rhyme intended)

Today's is day to relax.

Enjoy and stay safe.

Trochsetter

Good morning everyone,

TS, good to hear your sleep was a little better. Those wake ups are never pleasant.  On the plus side, your sleep quality was better. 

You are cooling down there and we are heating up.  The open windows with the cool breeze sounds refreshing.  Your unintended rhyme was nice.

Our high is to be 91F so not quite as much yesterday.  People were commenting about the heat when we were out and about yesterday.  It's almost the middle of July, so it can be hot. ha

I slept 5 hours and 47 minutes.  Our son called about 30 minutes before I planned on going to bed last night, saying he and his wife would take his dad fishing. She is an RN and left her 12.5 hour shift late, as the hospital was "slammed."

I needed to get all his fishing stuff together, so headed to the garage to do that.  When I went to bed, after that, I wondered if I could go to sleep. No worries, I did.

Today is a mostly free day for me. My two options are to try to get an appointment with the hairdresser and/ or go to the mall.  I've not been to the mall for a year or so.  I do sometimes take my husband with me to the hairdresser, so have been there not too many months ago. 

Have a fine day and sleep well tonight.

NG

Good morning,

NG,  I 'm happy you did get quite a good sleep after sorting out your husband's fishing gear. What a good idea to take their dad fishing.

Curious to hear what you decided to do on your day off. Both options sound good. Perhaps a combination might be possible?

I slept well last night! Still several waking moment, but lots of good sleep!  About time too!

Yes, it is that time of year for hot weather. I remember you having a week of temps way up in the 100s last year. Uff ! We praised the inventor of the AC back then.

I hope you, and the rest of the gang on here,  slept well.

Have a lovely Thursday.

TS

Good Thursday morning,

TS, good to hear you did well with your sleep.  It is about time!

The temps in the 100s keeps many people inside.  Indeed ACs are an amazing invention. 

My husband walks so very slowly and is not able to go to the mall any longer.  When Covid arrived, the stores took away any seating places. It took a while for them to bring the chairs back once the covid epidemic was over, so we stopped going. The large leather chairs are back, when I went yesterday, but I don't believe he could make it in and out of the store. He uses his cane to get into the grocery stores, then pushes the cart around.  Once he can no longer do that, I will need to find a care taker to come to our home so I can go get groceries, etc,.

My sleep last night was good to begin with, then after I awoke the 2nd time, I was restless and my brain would not stop. I slept a little over six hours, which isn't too bad. 

Enjoy the day.

NG

Good morning,

Got 7.5 hrs + a 1-hr nap last night.  Lots of storm action last night.  Now it's sunny and humid. 

We took our cat, Mercury,17, to the vet 10 days ago.  They ordered a biopsy because he has a lump.  Today we received the great news that an ultrasound has shown that it has not spread.  Now we await the vet's call to see if it needs to be removed. 

Happy sleeping, everyone!

Hi,

RnR,  great news! A pet is part of the family and deserves all the love and care the rest of the family gets.

Your sleep was super again.

My sleep was good too. Some 6 hours nonstop, followed by another 1,5 hours. I did wake up with backpain. I remember turning onto my stomach during sleep. This always kills my back. It's now a shower and breakfast later and the pain is gone.

NG,  how did the fishing trip go? Did your husband enjoy the day?

I hope everyone had a good night's sleep.

Today's the funeral of my SIL's mother. She was 85.

Wishing us all good health and peace.

Trochsetter

Good morning,

R&R that is great news about your cat's biopsy.  TS is so right about the importance of pets. They become part of the family that doesn't grow up and move away.

Your sleep was great! Too had about the storm and now the humidity. 

TS, your 7.5 hours was wonderful! Sorry about the back pain. Indeed sleeping on our stomach can cause back pain.  The shower is a good way to help the pain go away. 

The fishing trip went well. They brought home six rainbow trout, which I fixed for dinner that evening.  I had prepared everything else, so all I had to do was finish preparing the fish for dinner. 

My husband moves very slow, so it took a village to get him to the fishing spot.  A woman fishing not too far away, came over and helped carry some things for him, as our son and DIL had their hands full.  He used to be an outstanding fisherman, but has forgotten so much.  He did catch one!

I am sorry about your SIL's mother dying. Life is short. 

Last night I went right to sleep for a little over 2 hours, woke up and had a difficult time going back to sleep.  According to Fitbit, I slept 5 hours and 13 minutes.

Have a great Friday.

NG

[74...]