Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good evening,

NG, your state made it into the news recently.  The article talks about golf-ball size hail pelting concertgoers 10 miles from Denver.  Quite a few got injured.

Last night I got a hair under 7.5 hrs of sleep.  No nap today.

Hi NG,

We also have been having a lot of stormy weather. I am ready for the rain to stop. Backyard is flooded. I have to wear rubber boots to get to my little handi-house in the back of the home.

Good evening,

NG, your state made it into the news recently.  The article talks about golf-ball size hail pelting concertgoers 10 miles from Denver.  Quite a few got injured.

Last night I got a hair under 7.5 hrs of sleep.  No nap today.

Wow, golf ball size.....yikes! I bet it also did a lot of damage to ppl's cars.  You should be wearing a helmet in that kinda weather.

R&R, the hail happened at Red Rock's Amphitheater. It is amazing place for concerts. It is my favorite place to go.

The hail was a terrible thing to happen. Cars are typically totaled out when the hail is that bad.  Thankfully no one died.

Today there was a tornado at Highland's Ranch. The weather can be bad this time of year. We had rain here, but nothing else.

AB, that's a lot of rain!

NG

Good morning,

Sorry some of you had just 3 hours.

I had my first decent sleep in over a week! First part was 5 hours of nonstop deep sleep. Woke up at 4.30. Got up for a few minutes. Went straight back to sleep. The alarm ended the second part of a good night's sleep. I did feel tired though.

My weather report: in the eastern and southern part of the country they had  50 mm (2 inches) of rain yesterday. We didn't get a drop!

Today's another wonderful summer day. The gardeners are felling a smallish tree today. It needs to come out. Goodbye beautiful Laburnum.

Hope you'll all enjoy this Friday.

TS

5 Hours of deep sleep is amazing TS. Just 2 hours of deep sleep is really good for most ppl. I think I slept ok last night but it was mostly light sleep IMO. I forgot to track with my Fitbit.

Do you take anything OTC TS for sleep? I have been taking just the minimal dose of melatonin (1mg). It seems to help a little IMO and 1 mg does not cause me any noticeable side effects.

Forecast calls for rain again today but it has not rained so far.

Have a great Friday my friends.

Good Friday afternoon,

AB, it seems to me that melatonin is okay to take. I tried it some years ago without any noticeable difference in my sleep.  It is good that it works for you!

Did you get any rain?  We had another 1/4 inch after the 1 1/2 inches the night before.  These bedtime thunderstorms are for the birds.

It has been at least two weeks, maybe three that I stopped taking hydroxyzine now and then at night, but after two nights of not much sleep, I gave in, as the thunder and lightning moved in, and took two.  I went right to sleep and when I awoke an hour and a half later, the storm was gone.  I slept around 7 hours.

TS, that is great news that you had so much deep sleep.  Then to awaken and go back to sleep is also sweet!

Oops, sorry to hear the rain missed you. Maybe next time. 

I googled laburnum trees and wish I had one.  They are beautiful! Why did you have it taken out? 

Sleep well tonight, everyone.

NG

Hi NG,

Some ppl say they sleep better during stormy weather but it does not seem to help me, LOL. I even bought one of those White Noise Sound Machines. I just looked at my Amazon order history. I purchased this on Jul 27, 2013.  I think I tried it for a month or two, decided it was not helping, and I gave it away to a friend.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Relaxing-Soothing-Charging-Auto-Off/dp/B00A2JBMRE/ref=sr_1_16?crid=G814F7QIWYQ&keywords=sound+machine+for+sleeping&qid=1687569493&sprefix=sound+ma%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-16

YouTube has many white noise videos for sleep. I have tried those too and they don't seem to help me. I prefer it quiet with no noise.

We did get a little rain but not much today.

Have a great upcoming weekend everyone.

Good morning,

AB, I don't take anything for sleep. I do take a magnesiumcitrate pill at supper. This may help a bit, I 'm not sure.

Like you I need absolute silence in my bedroom. Even the slightest sound keeps me from falling asleep.

NG,  the Laburnum was starting to keel over into the neighbour's garden. So, after 50 years it had to go. Couldn't be helped. Still lots of other trees left to enjoy.

My sleep was off again. After 2.30 it was just a matter of tossing and turning. After 7 I did manage another 45 minutes of sleep. Surprisingly enough I felt rested this morning.  Nuts, right?

Hope you all slept better last night.

Have a pleasant Saturday.

Trochsetter

Good morning,

We have an English horse jumping show to go to that our granddaughter is in, so this will be quick. Sleeping during stormy weather would be nice, but it only keeps me awake.  White noise does help me if it is low and not an irritating sound. 

I just turn on a box fan that is in another room and it works to drown out any outside noises that might disturb me.  The sound l like best, is in the winter, when the furnace comes on towards morning. It is soft and soothing to me.

TS, I bought some magnesium citrate some months ago,  but have not yet taken any.  Perhaps taking it with supper would help me. 

Too bad the Laburnum out grew its space.  Nice you have other trees to enjoy. 

Sorry to hear your sleep was off again. I am glad you felt rested when you awoke! Yes, it is nuts! ha

I slept 6 hours and 16 minutes.  On the plus side, there were no storms to keep me awake.

Enjoy your Saturday.

NG

Good afternoon TS and NG. The horse jumping show sounds like fun NG. Enjoy.

Sorry to hear about the crappy sleep TS but mine was bad too. Unlike you tho, I did not feel well-rested. Fitbit says 7 hours of mostly light sleep but I tossed and turned all night. Ugh--

Enjoy your Sat. everyone.

Hi,

Sleep was reasonable. I woke up a few times, but it didn't bother me.

Like NG,  I had a fan on at the lowest speed. I put it in the hallway outside my bedroom. It was on a timer so it stopped after 2 hours. It did make me fall asleep quite quickly. The noise and air movement were minimal, so I wasn't kept awake. Gonna try it again tonight.

Going to a birthday party this morning to avoid the heat.

Have a pleasant Sunday.

TS

Good morning,

I've been trying to catch a mouse that figures our house is his home, too.  I have a live trap set up with peanut butter in it.  If caught, we'll take the mouse to where it belongs -- a local park.

Got 7.5 hrs + a 1-hr nap.  I feel rested today.  Have a great day!

Good Sunday morning,

R&R, good luck catching the mouse.  Hopefully there is only one. 

The 7.5 hours along with the hour nap sounds nice. 

TS,

The fan in another room sounds great.  Not too far away, but close enough. 

Enjoy the birthday party.

I slept around 8 hours.  The first part of the night I went right to sleep and then back to sleep. After four hours, I was awake for some time. 

Have a wonderful day everyone.

NG

Hello,

I hope every slept well last night?

RnR,  any luck with the mouse hunt? You should hurry up. As NG's remark implied,  there could be many more before you know it!

Your sleep sounds super.

NG,  so happy you slept so well!

It was you who gave me the idea with the fan, so a belated thank you. It worked well again last night. After a really warm day and evening I slept quite well. And as a bonus, felt rested.

The birthday party was nice. I went early and missed the heat and the  birthday crowd. There's a few loud people ( in laws) that I'd rather avoid.

Today's much cooler. What a relief. But still no rain.

Wishing us all a quiet Monday.

TS

Good morning everyone,

TS, that is good news the fan worked well. I am so glad you feel rested, too!

I smiled at the comment about the loud people/in-laws.  We have some of those too I would rather not be around. Going to the party early was the perfect solution.

The cooler weather sounds nice. Perhaps some rain will come, too. 

Last night I slept a little over 7 hours.  My deep sleep was 48 minutes. Hopefully it gets better.  I took the hydroxyzine once three nights ago and not any since.

My to-do list is growing, again. It helps if I make a hard copy list, so I can check things off. 

Take care,

NG

Good evening,

Got 7.5 hrs + a 1-hr nap.  I felt rested today.  Looks like others are getting some good sleep.  That's great news!

Hi there,

My sleep last night was great! Some 7 hours of relaxing and restorative sleep. I'm beginning to sound like RnR.  Lol.

Saw my 98 year old aunt this morning, like every Tuesday and Saturday morning. She's been getting worse since she had pneumonia last Christmas.  A second round of Covid-19 didn't do her much good, obviously.  But she's tough as old boots. This morning she was doing a little better than last Saturday( relatively speaking). We both enjoyed the visit. I've been  bringing  her some strawberries, raspberries and blueberries recently. She doesn't eat much these days, but the soft fruit is a success. We aim to please...

Hope everyone slept well.

Cooler again today with rain in the forecast.

Stay safe.

TS

Good afternoon,

TS, that's great.  I'm happy for you.  No sign of mouse yet.  Our two cats have been sauntering around like nothing's here.

I got 7.5 + 1 hr nap.

Good evening,

R&R,  it is good there are no signs of the mouse. Maybe the cats chased it off. 

7.5 hours plus the 1 hour nap sound nice.

TS, your 7 hours of relaxing and restorative sleep is something to brag about.  Indeed you and R&R do very well with your sleep. 

I am glad you were able to spend time with your 98 year old aunt.  The summer fruit was a lovely gift.  I enjoyed hearing about it. 

Enjoy the cool weather and the rain when it gets there. 

I slept a little over 7 hours.  The restful feeling isn't coming to me, yet. 

Sleep well everyone.

NG

Good morning,

NG,  Happy to see you slept for a good 7 hours. That's great. Next step is for you to get that feeling of being rested. I'm sure it's going to come.

Last night may sleep was good for the first 3 hours. After that it was awful. Pain in my middle and upper back and knees. Reason is probably the change from warm and dry weather to cool and wet. Last night it started to rain and this morning it still does. Not a lot, though. Does in no way help with the draught.

Had a long, hot shower.  It felt so good. Now I 'm feeling quite a bit better.

My aunt is such a sweet and lovely person. Love seeing her.

Hope everybody slept well.

Enjoy this Wednesday.

Trochsetter

Good morning,

TS, you did have a difficult night after the first three hours. I understand that the change in weather can cause symptoms such as yours.  It is good that things are cooling off and you have had a little rain. Thankfully the long, hot shower helped. 

I can tell you love your aunt and cherish the time spent with her.  She is fortunate, also, to have a loving, caring, nephew like you. 

My sleep was good to start with, then my brain decided it was time to figure out all of the problems in my life and would not close down. 

On a plus note, I did go to sleep for about an hour after the sun came up at 5 am. I know because I remember the dream.  My fitbit did not record the sleep/dream.  It shows I slept 6 hours and 15 minutes. Sometimes I question the accuracy, but it does give me somewhat of a time frame throughout the night.

Have a wonderful day.

NG

Good day,

NG,  Sorry your brain had other plans. But it's great you slept another hour after sunrise. Sleep at that time can be so good. I get that a lot too these days.

My sleep was so much better than the night before. I didn't wake up until around 5 am. Had a bathroom break and went straight back to dreamland. And dream I did. Uff. Glad I woke up around 7 am.

The change in weather plays tricks on my Fibromyalgia. I always had that, but benzo made it worse.

Feeling much better today.

I hope your sleep was better as well, dear Nightengale. You deserve it big time!

Have a pleasant Friday.

TS

Good Thursday afternoon,

R&R, great that you slept over 7 hours with an hour nap. 

TS, That's good news you slept better than the night before.  Not waking up unit 5 am and then going back to sleep until 7 sounds heavenly!

Sorry to hear the Fibromyalgia is causing problems with the weather change.  How long ago were you diagnosed? 

I'm happy you are feeling better today.

I slept a little over 3 hours according to fitbit. It has me waking up at 1:30 am.  I did, but I also went back to sleep after lying awake for a couple of hours, so it does fall down on accuracy. 

Today I had the first cucumber out of my garden!  I was a farm girl, but my husband always did the gardening over the years.  I was happy about that, as he grew great gardens like his dad did.  The job has fallen to me over the last 10 years and I keep improving with age. ha

Sleep well everyone.

NG

[72...]