Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good morning, 

I hope everyone slept well.

My sleep was good. Falling asleep took a little longer than usual. I had hours of deep sleep I guess, because I felt rested after waking up.

Another fine day lies ahead of us. First a bunch of odd jobs that need doing and then on my bike again this afternoon. 

Wishing us all a wonderful Wednesday. 

Trochsetter 

Good evening,

TS, I am glad you slept well even if it took you a bit to get there.

The hours of deep sleep sound lovely.  I hope you got the odd jobs done and enjoyed the bike ride. 

Sleep would not come last night for me, either.  I was wrapped up in doing something that was stressful enough that I went to bed quite wide awake, even though I was tired.  

Reading did not work to help me drift off.  

Hopefully tonight will be better.  I'm watching a sweet movie called The Age of Adaline and feel quite sleepy.

NG

Hi everyone, 

Hope you're all doing fine.

NG,  Sorry your sleep wouldn't come. Being busy in our heads often keeps us from falling asleep and also disturbes it, once asleep. The mind won't shut off. Hopefully last night's sleep was better. 

I got most of the odd jobs done. The bike ride was lovely!  Quite a bit of headwind, but it's good to get the old heart pumping, right. The way back home was a dream.

Visited my nearby cousin and his wife in the evening. They're off for another holiday today. I lost count of the number. But to give you an idea: they're at home some 100 days per year...

Have a great Thursday. 

TS 

Good morning,

I got a little over 7 hours last night.  No naps as of yet.  TS, your bike ride sounds great.  I'd get mine out, but I'd be scared to ride around with my poor vision.  Instead, I went to the gym and rode a stationary bicycle.  This one had handlebars that moved in and out for exercising the arms.  Also, the front wheel is enclosed in a cage and when you peddle, the wheel acts like a fan to cool you down.  Beats riding around in 100 degree, humid weather!

After my indoor "bike ride," I  walk about a mile on the elevated indoor track and then lift some weights.  I go easy on the weights as I'm not in my 20s or 30s.

37 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

I don’t get any sleep three days in a row. Help

Hello spartayan, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficult sleeping, can you share your situation with us so we can better understand in order to support you?

It will others help you if you fill in your medication history, this way we can see at a glance what’s going on rather than searching through your posts. 

Pamster

Good day everyone,

Welcome Spartayan, I am also sorry to hear about your difficulty sleeping.  We all understand and feel for you.  

Hopefully you can figure out how to post your taper details and other history.  

NG

Hi all,

R&R you did very well last night with sleep.  The stationary bike at the gym sounds great with the cool off feature. 

You are so right about going easy.  Some of us learn the hard way what our limits are. I used to think that I could do everything I had been doing all of these years. Not so. Life is a lesson. 

TS, the heart pumping is a good thing! The ride home sounded perfect.  

Your cousin and wife have it all figured out.  I've never met any one who said they wish they had not traveled and seen the world, including me.  They would be a couple I would love to sit down and visit with as often as they would have me. Enjoy you time with them. 

I was so very sleepy watching TV last night and did fall asleep quickly when I went to bed. Two hours later I woke up and was restless the rest of the night.  

Tonight is another night.

NG

On 03/06/2023 at 20:43, [[J...] said:

I'm glad everyone got some decent sleep. I slept okay last night, I don't remember how many hours though. I actually just took about a 20 minute nap as well.

Night, it never stopped working, but my body started to get used to the sleep. For example, the first few nights I used it I got great sleep and slept about 8 hours straight. But towards the end of the month, I started to wake up in the middle of the night and have to use it in the middle of the night to get back to sleep. That's when I decided okay well I would rather go back to regular benzo withdrawal without the marijuana, and it took a few days to get my body back to this withdrawal level, and now I'm waiting for my body to get back to baseline again. I think that's what we're all hoping for, is to see our baseline from birth again sometime soon.

I started to realize that it doesn't really matter what kind of substance you put in your body, it's going to get used to it. Caffeine, marijuana, sugar, vitamins, fatty foods, basically anything. Definitely psychiatric medications, or any other kind of synthetic pharmaceuticals. Think about the people who take lifelong medicine, it's probably worthless at this point. Sometimes I even question heart medicine and blood pressure medicine and insulin, things like that. Doctors know that those kinds of medicines help people, but for how long? I don't think they've ever done decades-long studies on the same people.

Anyhow yes, the neon green is pretty cool. We get two different colors of green for the most part. When you look at the Puget Sound islands, they have light green trees and dark green evergreen trees mixed together. It's like having different color hair on the islands.

Whenever the summer comes around in the Pacific northwest, the skies get hazy bright blue like California. And we have Mount Rainier in the background, the 14,410 ft super volcano with glaciers on it, and sometimes the white mixes into the bright blue skies, it's almost a whitish blue when it's real bright out, making it hard to spot due to contrast sometimes.

This is all new to me, because the clouds and the sky were a different color on the east coast. The clouds are big and fluffy on the East coast, and they get super dark before storms. Over here in the northwest, the sky is either gray or it's bright blue, until the sun goes down or comes up, and then it gets all colorful like Florida, only with mountain ranges in the background above the water. The trees are different, the bushes are different, the color of the water is different, the sky color is different, pretty much everything is different. You would think hey it's pretty much the same because it's all green and somewhat of a temperate climate, but it's not. I'm assuming it's so much different because we're at so much of a higher latitude, were the furthest city north in the United states, just a couple hours from British Columbia, Canada.

I do miss Colorado sometimes, it was fun going to Red Rock Amphitheater and hanging out near Estes Park and Boulder. I always wanted to go check out the red Boulders and cliffs and the desert in the western part of the state, but I never got to go out that way. I always wanted to check out Telluride Colorado as well, such a nice place. Also such an expensive place.

I also wondered about the broken sleep, but I'm pretty sure it will go back to normal. The reason I say this is because I screwed up towards the beginning. Around 16 months, I was at a sleep level I hadn't seen since I was a child. I would close my eyes and wake up the next morning not even knowing what happened, like I didn't even know I went to sleep but it was the next day and I was refreshed. No vibrating, no panic, just waking up early and going about my day. Unfortunately I messed it up playing around with a bunch of alt cannabinoids instead of good organic ones. I'm not sure what the difference is, but all of the CBD and CBN and stuff that I was getting online through me into a major wave, and took me back to acute. I was very hesitant to try any cannabinoids again after that mishap, but I tested my luck regardless with the organic cannabinoids from my local dispensaries in seattle. I had no issues, I tested it further and further, and found out that it was only the alt cannabinoids that gave me the issues. Anyways long story short, I'm almost positive that our sleep will go back to how I was at 16 months, and that we will heal completely, at least if 16 months was an indicator of the future sleep to come.

I can go to sleep but wake 3:30-4:40 ever morning. I be live in there PNW as well. Used to live in Redmond. In Vancouver, WA now. Sad about Toki. :(

1 minute ago, [[m...] said:

I can go to sleep but wake 3:30-4:40 ever morning. I live in the PNW as well. Used to live in Redmond. In Vancouver, WA now. Sad about Toki. :(

Good morning all,

My sleep wasn't much good last night. Lots of tossing and turning because of muscle pain, and when i did sleep I had some crazy dreams. Glad to get up when the alarm sounded. 

Yesterday a weatherfront came in and chased away the pleasant summer weather. It rained for a few hours, while the temp dropped. My Fibromyalgia doesn't like that.

Hope you all slept well. 

Enjoy this Friday. 

TS 

Good morning,

TS, sorry to hear your sleep wasn't good last night. The muscle pains and crazy dreams certainly don't help for a good night's sleep.  

Your cool, rainy weather sounds very similar to what is happening here.  Hopefully sun shine will return and your Fibromyalgia goes away.

My sleep has gone away.  I'm just trying to weather this "storm."

NG

Hello NG, 

So sorry your sleep has gone away. If I could, I would go out and look for it. But to comfort you, every storm does pass. Hold on, better weather is on the way.

Speaking of which, our weather quickly got better again! Not much in the way of sunshine, but dry and mild. And so my Fibromyalgia gave me less issues! Double bonus.

Last night I slept really well. Ah,  what a grand feeling.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody. 

TS 

Good morning,

TS, pretty funny -- going out to look for NG's sleep.  Your sleep sounds great -- keep it up.

I got 7 hrs of dream-filled sleep.  I might take a nap in a little while.

Supposed to be cooler today, reaching the high 80s.  I won't miss the 100+ degree weather.

Good Saturday morning,

TS, that is great news your weather is improving.  Even better yet your fibromyalgia is less. 

I am glad you slept well, too.  

R&R your 7 hours of dream filled sleep does sound nice. 

Thankfully cooler weather has come back.  It cooled down here, also.  

TS, I smiled at the thought of you looking for my lost sleep.  I wish you had found it. 

My sleep is still gone.  This morning, I decided not to get up and walk around for 30 minutes. Perhaps I will do it later. A good walk outside sounds so nice. A chance to smell the fresh air and enjoy the outdoors without having to do any yard work.  I miss those days.  

NG

7 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Good Saturday morning,

TS, that is great news your weather is improving.  Even better yet your fibromyalgia is less. 

I am glad you slept well, too.  

R&R your 7 hours of dream filled sleep does sound nice. 

Thankfully cooler weather has come back.  It cooled down here, also.  

TS, I smiled at the thought of you looking for my lost sleep.  I wish you had found it. 

My sleep is still gone.  This morning, I decided not to get up and walk around for 30 minutes. Perhaps I will do it later. A good walk outside sounds so nice. A chance to smell the fresh air and enjoy the outdoors without having to do any yard work.  I miss those days.  

NG

Are you going through a wave? Same here, my sleep gone for 5 days, I am scared. 

Hello,

Sparta, welcome to BB. Sorry you're not sleeping. Hopefully this wave is going to end soon. Until it does,  stay strong and remember " this too shall pass". It will, you know. Don't be scared! Hang in there!

RnR,  Happy to see you're going to have some cooler weather ( though still quite warm). Enjoy it! Your sleep was great like it always is.

NG,  I hope you took that walk outside now that the heat is gone. It's so reviving to be out and about. A change of scenery, a bit of wind in your hair, maybe a talk with someone in the street.  And it could bring your sleep back as well.

My sleep was quite ok last night. A few silly dreams towards dawn, but for the rest it was fine. Most of the pain is gone or at least is much less.

Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday. 

TS 

Hi everyone,

Spartayan, perhaps I am in a wave this far out from my last Benzo, which was 11/2017.

Hopefully this goes away soon. Yours too.

TS, good to hear you slept ok and the pain was mostly gone.  

Last night I could not go to sleep until dropping off twice towards morning for an hour each time. 

I've been outside spraying some dandelions  that sprouted up the last two days. I'm mostly ready for the lawn to be mowed this afternoon. 

Now I shall sign off and wish everyone good sleep and a wonderful day.

NG

On 24/08/2023 at 09:45, [[P...] said:

Hello spartayan, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficult sleeping, can you share your situation with us so we can better understand in order to support you?

It will others help you if you fill in your medication history, this way we can see at a glance what’s going on rather than searching through your posts. 

Pamster

Thanks Pam! I just updated my medication/taper history. Very cool!👍

• Love 1

Good afternoon buddies. Hope you guys are all having a peaceful Sunday and sleep well tonight. 

NG, thanks for sharing your mom's history with me. Very, very interesting and at her age, you said she does not take any Rx meds but  Gabapentin (incredible). How far away do you live from her again?

I slept 6 hours last night so not too bad. I keep forgetting to put my FitBit on right before bed to track my sleep....benzo brain I suppose.😁

4 hours ago, [[A...] said:

spartayan, welcome to BB friend. You have discovered a great community of friends here and a safe refuge for benzo sufferers.

Thanks, I don’t feel lonely anymore. I slept about 4 hours last night, big relief. But I am panicking when I think of sleep. 

spartayan, Were you put on benzos for sleep? Are you still on them or off them? I checked your profile and you have not written a benzo history yet. That is why I am asking.

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

spartayan, Were you put on benzos for sleep? Are you still on them or off them? I checked your profile and you have not written a benzo history yet. That is why I am asking.

I made a mistake, forgot saving file. Now I updated.

Good morning, 

Hope you're all having a wonderful day.

Sleep was OK last night. But when I woke up around 7 I started to feel a little nausea coming on. Plus a bit of anxiety. It stopped after a shower and breakfast. Same old story. Crazy right?

Have a beautiful Monday. 

TS 

[f5...]