Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

spartayan, Were you put on benzos for sleep? Are you still on them or off them? I checked your profile and you have not written a benzo history yet. That is why I am asking.

Thank you for your help, yes I was put on Benzo for sleep. I was on clonazepam 1mg for 11 years, I also took Ativan 1mg as needed. I CT 2015 , failed. Took me 15 months tapering . Totally off in November 2016. Since last year , I felt I am 80% recovered till this month. I thought about sticking melatonin patches induced setback, but maybe not. I totally lost sleeping after I caught cold or new version COVID, can COVID induce a setback? If it does, does anyone know how long it will take to even out? Sorry for my writing, English isn’t my native language.

sparta

Good day everyone,

TS, you did sleep okay, but the nausea is not good. For that matter, neither is the anxiety. The good news is how the shower helps you to feel better. Showers are the best!

Spartayan, the four hours of sleep is good to hear. Hang in there!

I slept six hours or so and feel better.  Hopefully I am on the way to sleeping more, 

Went to the dermatologist and they biopsied my scalp where I had had Mohs surgery a few years ago, by the same doctor.  She froze off some face spots, also.  

She wants me back in three months.  

If I get another bite, she said to call and she will do some lab work on it and see what they can figure out.

Sleep well everyone.

NG

Spartayan, I had covid for the first time in July. I did not have a  set back other than feeling quite sick.  

Not sure if others have had setbacks from getting sick with covid. 

You did very well with English.

NG

Good afternoon,

Got 6 hours of sleep before one of my cats (Titan) woke me up by head bunting me.  That's his way of saying "it's time to give me cat treats."  Well, his clock was off 1.5 hrs, but I got up, gave him some treats, had some cereal, and then went back to sleep for 2 more hours.

Today I went bowling and scored a 105 my first game, but came back to record a 175 in the second game.  It's good exercise for muscle tone swinging a 15.5 lb ball. 

The weather has been nice and sunny.

NG,  I'm glad you found your sleep -- that's cool. 

Hi buddies,

NG,  I 'm happy your sleep returned. It's a great start to get 6 hours again! Keep it up, whatever it is you did. About your visit to the dermatologist: sometimes we need a little medical care. Hopefully  all went well and will continue to do so.

RnR,  didn't your cat learn how to tell the time? Nice to see you had another 2 hours of sleep after the ordeal. So, a bowling pro, huh? Great job!

My sleep was good. Had some funny dreams towards dawn, woke up laughing out loud! Sure beats nausea and anxiety!  

Have a pleasant Tuesday! 

TS 

Hi TS,

Good to hear you slept well. LOL about RnR's cat Titan not being able to tell time. 😂

I slept ok last night. I got in a little over 6 hours I think. The mild aerobic exercise about 2-3 hours before bedtime really helps with sleep IMO.

Have a great Tuesday buddies.

11 hours ago, [[A...] said:

LOL RnR, Titan sounds like quite the cat. How old is he?

AB, he's 11, soon to be 12.  He's quite the character.

Good morning,

Got 6.5 hrs of sleep, followed by a 1.5 hr nap.  Today I plan to hit the gym where I pedal the stationary bicycle.  Tonight I plan to go swimming.  

Good to see some high sleep numbers out there.

Hi all,

I am so far behind reading these posts I may need to hire a secretary to catch up. :)

AB, I live 600 miles from my mother. It is an eight hour drive in good weather.  My sister lives 1200 miles away on the opposite side of the country. 

How is your mom doing? How is your back doing? 

What kind of mild aerobic exercises do you do before bed?

Six hours of sleep is quite okay.  

R&R your cat sounds like a great cat to have in the family.  You are very patient to get up and feed him treats and enjoy some cereal while he eats. 

We have a potential pro bowler in our midst! When I bowled in my 20s, I don't think I ever hit 100, so I am definitely out of your league.

You really are amping up your workouts! I need to pedal faster!

6.5 hours of sleep plus a 1.5 hour nap is great!

TS waking up laughing after a good dream sounds nice.

Keep doing well with your sleep.

I slept 7 hours, so things are coming back.  I feel okay. Not great but not bad. 

Sleep well everyone.

NG 

Hi NG,

My mother is doing good. Thanks for asking. My lower back pain has been very mild as of late so I am happy about that. I ride a stationary Fan Bike for 20 mins at a mild to moderate intensity.

https://www.amazon.com/Assault-Fitness-Air-Bike-AirBike/dp/B00F74RX40/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2BVV82ATBSALW&keywords=Fan+Bike&qid=1693362143&sprefix=fan+bike%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-3

Congrats on the 7 hours of sleep NG. I hope it continues for you. You live quite a ways from your mother. For some reason, I thought you lived closer.

Hi there,

Things sound good on the western front. Glad NG, AB and RnR slept well. You're going in the right direction with your ours of sleep NG!  

I slept well until around 6.30 am. After the toilet break I did some snoozing until 8. So, not bad.

Another odd job day today. Most of them have been done as I write this at 11 am. Had to hurry a bit to get finished before the rains came. I succeeded! 

Hopefully we're all going to have a fine day. 

TS 

Good day all,

AB, that's a great fitness bike.  One would probably be good for my tight knees. Thanks for sharing the link!

That's good news your lower back pain is better. I am happy to hear  your mother is doing good.

TS, where I live, we are over a mile closer to the sun, so the dermatologist is my go to doctor, since I have fair skin that seems to need more attention.  

You did well with your sleep. That's great you finished most of your odd jobs by 11 am.  You accomplished that before the rain came!

My sleep was around 5 hours last night.  I wonder if I'm still recovering from taking hydroxyzine when we went to my mother's. 

It is a lovely day here.  I have some things to do outside, so that's my plan. 

Sleep well everyone.

NG

Good afternoon,

Got 6.5 hrs of sleep + a 1.5 hr nap.  Although I got decent rest, I feel lethargic today.  I got plenty of exercise yesterday.  I think my allergies are acting up.

Good morning, 

NG,  how right you are! I never looked at it that way ( a mile closer). Everyone should be more careful about not overdoing it with sunshine,  but especially us "northerly folk". Being from Norsk/Svenska (Frysk) origin we have lighter skin and hair. We both have Viking blood, hence Dupuytren, so easy does it when out in the sun. 

5 hours isn't great, but you've had worse. No idea how long it takes for that drug to completely leave your body. Hopefully it's about gone by now.Doing a bit of gardening can be so satisfying! Especially when the weather 's fine.

RnR,  might well be a reaction to yesterday's activity!  Good luck with the allergies. Your sleep was good, as usual! Nice one.

Last night sleep wouldn't come. My feet felt cold ( inside, not to the touch). So I put a sweater on top of them. That did the trick. I slept like a log until just before 7 am. Yay!

Seeing a cousin this morning. She lost her husband in July. She's feeling lonely. 

Enjoy this Thursday. 

Trochsetter 

Good day everyone,

R&R sorry to hear you feel lethargic. Hopefully as the day goes by you feel better.  

Those allergies can take a lot out of a person.  

TS, I have forgotten you have Norsk/Scandinavian blood running through your veins. Is it on both sides?

I did remember you had Dupuytren's. The retired pastor at our church had it and was proud of it. That gave me a smile. 

The sweater on top of your inner cold feet was a good idea. Glad it helped.  

That's too bad about your cousin losing her husband. Spending time with her will help to make her day not so long. 

Last night I slept almost 8 hours.  I feel better today. 

Sleep well everyone,

NG

Good afternoon, everyone,

I got 7 hrs + 1.5 nap last night.  I don't feel lethargic today.  Sometimes I experience fatigue as a result of my taper.  Today is my day for calisthenics.  Every Tuesday and Friday I go to the gym to walk, cycle, and lift a few weights.  

NG, it was nice seeing you get 8 hrs of sleep.

Hi everyone,

Nice you slept well, R&R plus you feel good, too!  Your workouts sound great.  

My sleep was 6 hours as there was a lot going through my head that I didn't do well shutting down. 

I took a Prilosec last evening for my indigestion. I took it today's dose this morning, so will see if I sleep better tonight.

Have a good Friday.

NG

Maybe tonight will be better.  

Hi,

RnR,  nice to see you slept well and feel better today..

NG,  the Dupuytren 's is proof of Scandinavian roots. Probably some savage Norman who raped a pretty Frisian lass a 1000 years ago. Lol.

Hope you sleep well tonight. 

Nice and sunny weather has returned this afternoon. We're in for a spell of late summer weather again. Yay!

Until we post again, stay healthy! 

TS 

Good morning,

I slept well last night. At least some 7 hours. One bathroom break. Felt good upon waking up. 

Seeing my aunt later this morning for coffee and a chat. She still really enjoys the fruit and bread I bring her. 

It is lovely weather,  so out and about today!

Have a pleasant Saturday. 

TS 

Good morning,

TS, you slept well last night.  I got only 6 hrs, but I went to bed later on account of my granddaughter not going to sleep right away.  I did get a 1.5 hr nap which helped.

• Love 1

Good morning,

R&R how old is your granddaughter? I remember mine keeping me awake well past my bedtime when she was young.  She wouldn't stop giggling. 

Time moves on and now she is in high school.  I miss those giggles and tea party days.

TS, we can be proud of our Scandinavian heritage showing off our Dupuytren's!  You could very well be right about the savage Norman raping pretty Frisian lass long, long, ago. 

You did sleep well last night.  Enjoy your visit with your aunt. The fruit and bread is a lovely treat. 

I slept just under six hours.  Tonight is a new night and I trust I will sleep better. 

NG

• Love 1

HiYa buddies,

Just checking in on a late Saturday evening.

I have been sleeping fairly ok as of late, averaging about 6 hours per night. I hope all you guys are having a wonderful weekend.

Prilosec (shorterm) is a good med NG. I have taken it for short periods on and off over the years. I am glad it is now sold OTC but the irony now is that you can get your doc to prescribe the generic to you and get it a lot cheaper via Rx than you can OTC now.

• Love 1

Good Sunday morning,

Hope you're all doing fine.

Nice to see we all had decent sleep,  albeit of different lenghts.

Saw my aunt, she's always happy to see me. We had a pleasant 1,5 hours. I brought her some homemade Kefir as well. She absolutely loved it! She has a thing with probiotics. Kefir is a probiotics bom, so she was over the moon about it. 

My neighbour stopped by around noon. We were supposed to go fishing next Monday,  but he had to cancel because of a funeral. Now it's on for next Tuesday. He suggested we could go for another bike ride. And so we did. Gorgeous weather. Had an ice cream halfway and enjoyed a pleasant afternoon. After he got his mobility scooter he's a reborn person. 

My sleep was good. Forgot to set the alarm,  but still woke up around that time. There's conditioning for you!

Have a blessed Sunday. 

Trochsetter 

I slept really well last 

• Love 1

Good Sunday morning,

TS, I had never heard of Kefir until now.  Does it taste like milk?  You are sweet to take some to your aunt who loves it!

The bike ride and ice cream stop sounded so very nice.  The upcoming fishing trip sounds great.  Does he ride on his mobility scooter while you ride your bike?

When I had my knees replaced, I rode on them in Costco, King Soopers, and Target.  I  the thought best one was Costco where I felt like a teenager on an amusement park ride. I loved it! Kings was second and Target failed the grade. lol

Now I am back to walking on my own two feet, thankfully.  

We do seem to have internal alarm clocks.  Glad you found yours!

I initially went to sleep and didn't wake up for 2.5 hours. After that it was the usual broken sleep throughout the night. I slept around six hours. 

One of my favorite musicians has died. Jimmy Buffet.  I typically feel sad when a musician I like dies, but with him, I felt like crying. I wish I had gotten to go to more than one of his concerts, but am happy I at least saw one. 

NG 

[29...]