Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hello BB people,

RnR,  another A+ night for you. Way to go. Could you share your secret with us? The mouse may have been  changed into catfood.

NG,  Congratulations on the first cucumber of this year's crop! I hope it tasted heavenly. Being a farm girl  your gardening skills come naturally. Enjoy the fruits of your labour. Some things get worse with old age, others get better. So, a bright future in gardening lies ahead!

Sorry your sleep was off again. To maybe offer a little comfort, so was mine. Must be the time of year. Things are going to get better again.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia some 6 or 7 years ago. But I 've had it for most of my life. There's better and worse periods. The last 4 or 5 months have been a better period. Warmer weather does that. But big changes give me overall pain for a day or 2.

Have a good Friday.

TS

Good morning,

It's raining again.  I'm happy not having to water the lawn and gardens.  People are complaining about the rainy weather. I'm okay with this, as the sun does eventually shine. July and August bring along hot, dry, days, so I'm enjoying this while it lasts.

TS, you are right, this time of year can cause sleep problems. 

It is good that you finally received a diagnosis after having Fibromyalgia most of your life.  Was it a relief to finally know?

Last night was another typical night of going to sleep for around 2 hours, waking up and not going back to sleep for some time. 

The cucumber tasted quite good. I sliced it and added some water,  wine vinegar, sliced onion and seasoned everything. My gardening skills consisted of stripping peas out of the pod and helping shuck a wagon load of sweet corn. LOL Mother did the rest, so we had frozen sweet corn for the next year. 

According to my Fitbit, I slept 7 hours and 49 minutes.  Deep sleep was 36 minutes, but REM was 2 hours and 10 minutes. That was a plus!

Enjoy your Friday.

NG

Good afternoon,

It's supposed to reach 98 degrees today.  We've begun our muggy season.  Good time to stay inside and catch up on posts here.  Got 7 hrs + a 1-hr nap.  I try very hard to go to bed the same time each night.  So far it's worked for me.  No last minute web browsing or caffeine before bedtime. 

Wishing everyone a great day!

Good morning,

RnR,  boy, that's hot! Rather you than me.

Going to bed at a more or less regular time does tend to help to make sleep come faster. No caffeine after 5 pm is said to aid sleep as well. Your sleep was great again!

NG,  seeing the benefits of the rain is the right way to approach it. Some people are always complaining. Must be a hard life for them.  It's finally raining overhere too. First rainy day in a long time.  The wind picked up as well. A day for rest.

I've known for years I had Fibromyalgia.  But to finally have it diagnosed was the best way to shut up the odd  disbeliever, who at times doubted wether or not my compaints were for real or just something ' between my ears'.

The description of your contribution to the farming life way back  made me smile.

Glad your sleep was much better.  So was mine.  Slept some 6,5 hours. Not bad.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Trochsetter

Good morning,

R&R, the heat is indeed on where you live.  Staying inside is the best option.  Your 7 hours of sleep plus the hour nap sounded great. 

Like you, I go to bed at the same time every night and don't drink caffeine after breakfast.  Once or twice a month, I have a Pepsi for lunch at Costco, otherwise it is water.  I also turn off my computer at least 30 minutes before bedtime.  I should sleep like a baby after all of that. ha

My room is also cool and dark, as I sleep in the basement.  I've done everything I should be doing, but I still have very broken sleep each night. 

TS,  I am so glad you are getting rain there.  The wind can be a problem, but wind usually comes with a change in the weather. 

You do know your own body. It was great to finally get some validation.  The biggest frustration lies in people not believing what is going on with your health. 

I had a lot of strange looks when I used to talk about my benzo taper and recovery.  I had to talk about it, so I did, but I learned who I could trust to share my journey with.  It was such a relief to find the BB site, as there were no judgmental comments to shut me down. 

I'm glad you smiled over my farm life and what I learned about gardening. 

My sleep was 6.5 hours.

Enjoy your Saturday.

NG

Good afternoon,

Storms moved in last night and cooled things off.  Now it's 86 degrees, rather than 98.  I went outside this morning to find my large trash bins had blown over during the night.

My sleep was 7 hrs, then a 1.5-hr nap.  Have a nice weekend!

Good morning,

Update:  Mouse has been trapped and then released at a local park.  Got a bit under 7 hrs last night, as I stayed up later to hear the rest of the ballgame.

Good day,

RnR,  86 degrees is still not awfully cold, to use an understatement. The wind can play around with bins etcetera.

That was one lucky rodent. Hopefully it's not a homing mouse. Lol. Proves that your cats are well fed.

Your sleep was good again. Nice. Mine was quite OK as well. First woke up around 5 am. Then slept until 7 am.

Yesterday's rain clouds produced 8 mm. One third of an inch in your money. It all helps. This new week is going to be on the cool side with cloudy, windy weather. Makes for a huge change after an all-time sunny and warm June.

Hope you're all having a blessed Sunday.

Trochsetter

Hello folks, 

I hope everyone slept well.

My sleep was OK last night. One bathroom break, after which I slept until around 7 am. Couldn't sleep in this morning because the cleaning lady came.

A blustery day with some sun and a few light showers. Turning (much) warmer again later this week.

Enjoy your day.

TS

Good morning,

I missed  posting yesterday. It was a busy, stressful day.

TS, enjoy your clean house!  The weather is changeable.  Nice you got some light showers. 

I agree with you concerning R&R's lucky mouse. Not only did it survive living in house with two cats, but it was set free to have a longer life. 

The wind blowing trash cans around does happen. 

My sleep was not quite six hours.  Hopefully tonight will be better, but with the 4th happening tomorrow and people lighting fireworks, who knows. 

Sleep well everyone,

NG

Good afternoon,

NG, sorry to hear about your stressful day.  Hopefully the fireworks won't keep us up late.  Last night I got 7 hrs and then a 1-hr nap shortly thereafter.

Happy Independence Day to my American buddies!  Hope it's going to be a beautiful one!

My sleep was good last night. I went to bed around 11.30 pm. Woke up feeling like I had slept for 6 or 7 hours, only to find out it was 1.30 am.  Went back to sleep and woke up around 7 am. Feeling rested.

Stay away from the fireworks.  Be safe.

TS

Happy 4th of July!

We celebrate this day because so many gave their lives for us.  Looking at the numbers starting from the Revolutionary War is sobering. 

It is a fine sunny morning, but storms are coming in later today. 

TS, that is great you slept so well.  Keep it up!

R&R, your 7 hrs, plus the hour nap sounds great. 

I have some great news.  Last night, I went to sleep and didn't wake up until four hours later. I went right back to sleep after that and didn't wake up again until around 6:15.  Whoa! No, hydroxyzine was involved nor in my system.  We went to our son and daughter in laws to welcome her daughter back from her month long study abroad in Spain.  She had a delightful time and shared with us her many stories and pictures. 

I ate two slices of peperoni pizza, a salad, and one of those little nut covered chocolate ice cream cones for dessert.  That in itself should have kept me awake.ha

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

NG

Happy 4th everyone, I have been watching the flickers of fireworks from back behind the Space Needle in Seattle, they have a big fireworks show over Lake Union every year for the 4th. I walked over there last year, but it was extremely crowded so I told myself I was going to watch them from home this year, because there's massive concert crowds at that place.

It might sound bad to say though, but I'm not sure how I feel about America anymore. I'm not dissing my own country, but I feel we have a lot of stuff to work on at the moment. Things felt different when I was growing up in the '80s, now it seems everybody has lost their personality and unique culture, at least the majority of the year. But it's great that we can still come together on holidays, whether Christmas or Thanksgiving or another time, maybe our country should do more stuff like this.

I know the other countries are struggling right now as well, lots of people dealing with psychiatric conditions, medicine, Financial stuff, still dealing with covid, etc. I know it took me about a year before I started feeling recovered from covid, and I think I still have a few remaining symptoms from time to time, but not very noticeable.

My sleep has been all messed up, I have a brand new HVAC in my home, and the water pump went out and soaked my bamboo floors. Had to set up fans and get the moisture out, I feel like I'm doing renovations. And then next, the blower wheel went out on it. This is a brand new unit, brand new stuff isn't supposed to break like this.

Sometimes the more stuff you have, the more problems you have. Or as they say, More Money More problems. All the new electronics, technology and phones and tvs, just leaves more things to break.

As far as benzo progress and sleep, I feel like I'm in purgatory at the moment. Not worse, not better. Although I do feel my sleep is lacking a little, not getting the full rejuvenating sleep I need. Maybe by next 4th of july, we will all be healed.

Good morning,

Justintime , I really enjoyed reading your post. Lots of truth in it. There are reasons why so many people are leaving the US. But, like you say, there's so much stuff going on everywhere. Hope people may find back their common sense.

So-called social media plays a horrible role in  today's allround extremism. The less we use it, the better, imo.

Glad you enjoyed the fireworks in a safe and quiet place.

Let's hope we all sleep better a year from now.

My sleep was good last night. Had some 7 hours with just one break.

There's a heavy storm passing over the country today. Severe gusts of up to 130 km are expected. Code red. I hope we're going to be safe.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.

TS

Good morning,

Hope everyone had a happy 4th.  Despite all "the bombs bursting in air," I managed to get 7.5 hrs of sleep.  I had my noise machine making wave sounds, which blocked out some of the outside noise. 

Good morning,

R&R, good to hear you slept well and the noise machine helped.  We had a severe storm move in around 7:30 last night. Strange constant thunder, with no observable lightning, that kept rumbling for a good 30-45 minutes, while the rain came down in sheets.  I wondered if this was  the end of time and would I know it if it was.  Thankfully it was not and the storm moved on.   

TS, Justintime is so right about how things are here.  I no longer am on social media, for a year, now. I also do not watch the news. It's all too disturbing.

Hopefully the heavy storm doesn't do any damage. The winds could cause a lot of problems. Since it is a code red, people will hopefully be careful and alert. 

Justintime, thank you for the thought provoking comments. 

Like you, we grew up in a better time. You said it so well about everyone losing their personalities and unique cultures.

So many things we buy fall apart almost as soon as we get them home.  The prices are terribly high but the stuff is so cheaply made.  Companies no longer care  about the quality of their products.  I remember some years ago, owners of small companies said they would soon be driven out of  business by large companies that only wanted to under cut them and when they were gone, no one would care about the products they made. Here we are...

I am sad to see how things are in the world and feel this is not going to end well. 

Sorry to hear your sleep is in purgatory. Time does heal.  We'll compare next year's 4th with this one on our sleep.

The battery on my fitbit died  in the night turning off at 4:30 am. It says I slept for six hours, but it was probably at least seven.

I'm still waiting for restful sleep to return. 

NG

Hello

Glad you both  slept well, NG and RnR,  that makes three of us.

So happy it wasn't the end of the world yet, NG.  I'd like to go on living for a while.

Big compagnies produce things that go " kaputt " as soon as the warranty has expired. Times were when you bought furniture that would last a lifetime and longer.  Nowadays you have to assemble it yourself and it starts to collapse from day one.

The storm has passed although it's still quite windy. No damage to my house or garden. Lots of smaller and larger branches on the road.  The airports were closed, public transport came to a stand-still for most of the day.  In another part of the country one person was killed when a tree hit her car. Really terrible.

Wishing us all a good night's sleep.

TS

That's pretty wild, I didn't know that you guys were getting bad storms. I actually miss lightning and thunder a little bit, it was fun to watch growing up in the south. We used to count the seconds before we would hear the thunder, so we knew how many miles away the lightning was. We don't get thunder and lightning in seattle, except for a very rare occurrence boom, not even once a year.

Yes the corporate and Elite thing is getting out of hand. I'm all for making money, it would be great to have billions of dollars. But whenever people's purchases and employment and well-being comes after Financial gains, that becomes a problem. Too many employees getting underpaid, too many people's purchases breaking right off the bat like you said, and business is cutting costs in the wrong areas, causing people harm.

And you are absolutely right, quality of products has gone down, but prices have gone up. Back in the day when I was growing up in the '80s, you used to get what you pay for. Now you pay an arm and a leg and you don't get anything other than a pile of plastic and some batteries, which are another problem in themselves. Think about how much plastic is in the ocean, and people throw their lithium batteries in the trash can instead of properly disposing them. I saw that the orcas are attacking boats, maybe it has something to do with it.

I'm glad we are all getting decent sleep now. We have our days, but the majority of the time we're getting at least six or seven hours.

I ran into an entirely new predicament today, unexpectedly. I was playing around with one of my new electronics purchases, and I touched a metal coil. I got a big jolt and a little bit of an electrical shock, not enough to burn my skin. I would relate it to touching an electric fence when you're out on a farm, it gives you a temporary Head Rush and make sure arm tingle for a little while.

Weird thing, whenever I got shocked, I started sweating profusely. I knew it was affecting my benzo withdrawal, because it felt like I had a big wave or ate some sugar. I thought for sure I was about to go into a serious wave and that I was going to suffer for a few months at least, but it didn't happen. Instead it was like my brain was ramped up for a while and it caused my neurological and benzo injuries to Rev up. It's almost as if my body was trying to get rid of any additional chemicals in my body or something. It was as if I had just worked out or gotten cardio, and my body was sweating it out. Is it possible benzo withdrawal has something to do with electricity?

This is the first time my benzo withdrawal has ever been affected by anything other than sugar or a substance or stress. I guess you could say electricity causes stress, but this just felt different for some reason. Makes me wonder, did benzos put electrical current in the wrong places in our body somehow? They say central nervous system is affected by benzos, maybe the benzos move around electrical neurons and we're still dealing with electricity getting out of our bodies several years later. Almost like electrical memory? Anyhow, just thought I would share that because it was really random.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the week, I think I'm moving into a better place in my building later this month, so that I can see the islands out of my window. I've been in my current place ever since I moved from the East coast, a little bit over a year and a half. I was told by benzo buddies to wait until I'm almost healed before I move again, and I think I'm about ready. I think that's pretty good progress, ready to move to the next step of life.

Also, I felt bad for not commenting on the culture thing. Yes, I totally agree because I grew up in the 80s and I will be 40 this year. The major changes that I see, is that everyone is starting to act like a YouTuber. If not acting like a youtuber, then they are acting like an extremist like you said.

I still remember when California was a surfing culture, North Carolina was a country and farming culture, Florida was a vacation hotspot, the Northeast was ahead of the game with technology and education and medical treatment, the Pacific Northwest had a big native culture and major outdoor activities and sports and culture. You know what I mean, back when America was still a very diverse country with anything you could possibly imagine and people from all walks of life had an option to make them feel at home. Now not so much, now it feels like you're running away from the last place you lived, and you can't stop running because you can't find the right place for the future.

At least that's how I have felt over the last decade, I have moved around Colorado and Washington and north carolina, and I'm still not sure where I want to end up permanently. I know that every country has its problems, but if I was lucky enough to choose wherever I want, I would say Norway or New Zealand or Canada is where I would end up.

It seems that the further north you go, is where a lot of the extremism still hasn't made its way yet. I'm just like you, I don't turn on the news much because I don't like the extreme polarities of the politics either. I'm not even so sure that the governments are prioritizing people anymore, they might just be prioritizing money at this point.

Good morning,

Justintime,  well said!

Like you said, politics are all about money, and power I might add. Responsibilty went out the window ages ago.

The YouTube remark is spot on as well. Many people are not themselves,  they're pretending to be someone else. "Better" or so they think. So sad. No more individuals, just clones North Korea by choise...

Yesterday's storm was the worst summer storm on record. Luckely they 're few and far between. From today it's getting warmer again.

Glad to see you slept well. That's something to be happy about.

I slept well last night too. Woke up after 5 hours. Went back to sleep after a visit to the bathroom and slept until 7 am, when the alarm went.

Hope everyone has a lovely Thursday.

TS

Good afternoon,

I managed to put in 8 hrs of sleep last night.  Hope everyone's having a good day..

Good afternoon,

R&R, that was some great sleep! My day has been busy. Went grocery shopping, then trimmed the front lawn sprinkler heads and around the roses, etc. My husband offered to trim along the driveway and sidewalk, but the line disappeared and wrapped around the spindle.  It takes me some time to pull it back out again.  Not sure why this happens when he does it. 

TS, your storm sounded terrible! Glad today is warming up and a better day. 

Your sleep went quite well. Keep it up!

Justintime, I hope you find the right place to live. Let me know when you do!

My sleep was not quite 7 hours. I was happy with that. I got up and walked for 25 minutes and then another 15 minutes this afternoon, plus a trip to the grocery store and trimming the law around the sprinkler heads. I need to up my walking to see if my knees and back feel better. 

Sleep well everyone,

NG

Sounds like we've all had some pretty wild weather. Today was extreme for Seattle, it was like 85 in the Sun and felt almost as hot as Denver got in the summer. The sun isn't going down until 10:00 p.m. now, and it's starting to rise around 3:45 in the morning. More sunlight, more heat.

I don't know why I was kind of laughing to myself when I was reading the weed wacker comment. I know it's not funny when the trimmer gets wrapped around the pole, but at the same time it's like something you would see in a comedy movie. I guess you can take the bad of gardening and make it into a good situation.

I was just walking around my garden downstairs, we have volunteer gardeners down there, it's a waterfront Garden where people go volunteer just to get some peace and quiet and distract themselves from the city. He had raspberries growing and offered me some of those. It's about an acre and it's got hundreds of different kinds of flowers and plants.

Today I went and looked at a penthouse to move into. I don't know if I will get approved or not, it's pretty expensive. You can see Mount Rainier to the left, the Olympic mountains to the right, the San Juan Islands straight ahead, Space Needle behind, and the skyline and skyscrapers to the left rear. You get a 360 view of downtown and everything surrounding it. Just wishful thinking for now I guess, I will see if it pans out or not. Although that kind of stuff is cool, my choice would be to have thousands of acres to myself somewhere in Montana or Wyoming or Washington, or better yet Canada. The city is great, but natural land is better. I don't think humans will ever defeat nature, it can't be beat.

I grew up in the mountains and on the East coast, but I've never experienced living on huge pieces of land out west. I know that presidents and actors and musicians have done it, but it's not reality for most people. Sometimes I get on YouTube and watch that Hall and Hall channel, some of the coolest stuff I've seen. I used to watch Sotheby's real estate and Berkshire Hathaway and those guys too, but then I started to realize no matter how much the house costs, it's just not as good as nature. But those Hall and Hall properties, I'm not aware of anything in this world that could beat that.

I guess you could say I'm in daydreaming phase of benzo withdrawal, it's like I've already been through so much that it's become repetition. But I'm still not well enough to move on to the next stage in life, almost like a purgatory. So since I know I'm stuck here for a little while, I've been dreaming big and keeping myself entertained in my own dream world.

[6f...]