Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good morning, 

TS, it is so good to be back.  It was not easy having covid along with the BB site down for changes.  Then I could not get back on after the first successful time and my BB withdrawal got worse. lol

My husband required 24 hour care and so I did what I did and made it through.  I was stressed and still am, but it is better.  

My sore throat came back, so called the physician's office. The fellow I talked to said it is common for symptoms to flare up after finishing the Paxlovid.  I am good with that, but I still tested positive, also.  

He said I probably was not putting out any virus germs at this point. 

Your sleep was quite good. Going back to sleep listening to the falling rain sounds so very nice.  

I am sorry to hear your joint and muscle pain is back. Perhaps it is from the change in the weather.  Hopefully it goes away soon. 

Our weather is normal for this time of year. Last evening we did have a nice summer rain storm around dinner time. 

NG 

Hello all,

Got 7.5 hrs + a nap that was a bit under 1 hour.  I feel rested today.  I exercise every day and am not sure but that may help me sleep.  I just reduced my Clonazepam dosage to .118 mg.  I hope this final stretch goes well.  I've tentatively set a jump off dosage of .025 mg.  I haven't had a lot of symptoms, but I'm quite tired of feeling bloated.  I look pregnant -- and I'm a dude!  Wishing everyone a good day..

• Like 1

I forgot to put my sleep time on in the previous comment.  It was 7.5 hours.  I was awake for a couple or more hours during the night, but did go back to sleep towards morning.  

R&R, you did well with your sleep and feeling rested.  

Not sure if exercise helps with sleep. For some it does and for others it doesn't it seems.  

Exercise helps with so much, my thoughts are that if I can exercise,  I will. It helps with so many things.

You are getting so close to jumping at .025. I think that is where I took my last crumb.  

The bloating is never fun. Sorry you look pregnant! Not something a guy wants. Me either at my age. lol

Certain foods can cause bloating.  Since my husband is thin, I would bake chocolate chip cookies and freeze them. In the middle of the afternoon, we would each eat one and after that I felt bloated. I noticed he didn't have as much of an appetite three hours later for dinner, so I no longer bake cookies.  

Sleep well.

NG

On 7/24/2023 at 10:33 AM, [[n...] said:

Hi all, I was able to log in once, but not since then. I keep getting a wrong email or wrong password. Then I am locked out from trying. 

I've tried resetting the password, but it takes me to the home page and nothing more. 

So far, I have not had a response from the emails I sent for help.  I am sure they are busy. 

So, here we are.  I have almost recovered from covid. My husband did finally get it and lost all of his strength and ability to do most everything. Each day he is gaining back his strength.  I guess I passed the invalid care taker test, or mostly passed. 

My sleep went away when I could hear my husband at night.  He didn't sleep nor did I.  

Finally the 3rd night I took hydroxyzine and slept the night through with only one wake up.  

That was amazing.  

It seems like some of us are not sleeping so well, but hopefully our sleep returns. 

Good to hear you slept well, TS!

NG

HI NG and everyone else, sorry to hear about the poor sleep. I did not have any trouble logging into the new forum but many others did. I am sure Colin will eventually figure things out and everything will be running smoothly again.

AB, I know this is a trying time for Colin, so I am patient, since I can log in with the correct spelling of Nightingale.  

Thanks, AB!

NG

2 hours ago, [[n...] said:

I forgot to put my sleep time on in the previous comment.  It was 7.5 hours.  I was awake for a couple or more hours during the night, but did go back to sleep towards morning.  

R&R, you did well with your sleep and feeling rested.  

Not sure if exercise helps with sleep. For some it does and for others it doesn't it seems.  

Exercise helps with so much, my thoughts are that if I can exercise,  I will. It helps with so many things.

You are getting so close to jumping at .025. I think that is where I took my last crumb.  

The bloating is never fun. Sorry you look pregnant! Not something a guy wants. Me either at my age. lol

Certain foods can cause bloating.  Since my husband is thin, I would bake chocolate chip cookies and freeze them. In the middle of the afternoon, we would each eat one and after that I felt bloated. I noticed he didn't have as much of an appetite three hours later for dinner, so I no longer bake cookies.  

Sleep well.

NG

I think exercise helps me but it has to be light to moderate NG. Too intense revs me up to much..

3 hours ago, [[R...] said:

Hello all,

Got 7.5 hrs + a nap that was a bit under 1 hour.  I feel rested today.  I exercise every day and am not sure but that may help me sleep.  I just reduced my Clonazepam dosage to .118 mg.  I hope this final stretch goes well.  I've tentatively set a jump off dosage of .025 mg.  I haven't had a lot of symptoms, but I'm quite tired of feeling bloated.  I look pregnant -- and I'm a dude!  Wishing everyone a good day..

RnR, you are doing great with both sleep and detoxing the klonopin. Tell me again how are you able to dry cut the Clonazepam in such small accurate increments? Does the bloating feel like you are pressurized inside?

38 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

RnR, you are doing great with both sleep and detoxing the klonopin. Tell me again how are you able to dry cut the Clonazepam in such small accurate increments? Does the bloating feel like you are pressurized inside?

I use a combination of filing and breaking up the tablets.  Then it's just a matter of practice, practice, practice.  As far as the bloating, it's like a balloon is inside me.  I've had G.I. discomfort from the beginning of the taper, with symptoms ranging from bloating, indigestion, gas, and hunger pains.  

Hello everyone, 

NG,  I 'm really happy you haven't lost your sense of humor in the process. Thanks for making me (us) smile. 

Hopefully you'll start feeling better asap. 

With regard to bloating: I get that a lot too. There’s lots of food my intestins don't agree with. It's a case of trial and error.  IBS is something to be handled with TLC. 

About exercise: It's very good to be on the move, but easy does it. Too much and we have to pay for it! At least, that's how it is for me. 

RnR,  You're on the home stretch,  the end of the tunnel etcetera.  Just keep going slowly, absolutely no need to rush this last part. It took me 2,5 years of tapering. The final year was filing and weighing too and, at times, even holding for a day or 3. But I made it and so will you!

Sleep was OK. I did wake up with muscle pain again. But it ended after being up and about for a while. 

Today is going to be another rainy day. So I took an early walk while there was still only some drizzle.  I have the AC on in the living room to create a bit of warmth. And it's supposed to be summer, go figure. 

Have a lovely Thursday. 

TS 

Yeah the new site looks good, but I have no clue how to navigate it. I still don't have notifications either, not sure how that will work.

I ended up coming to the ER by Uber, I'm in the waiting room. I haven't been to a hospital in 4 years. I've been having extreme brain fog, nerve pain, breathing difficulty, burning skin, lost almost all energy and muscle energy, feel completely depleted, and can't sleep for more than a few minutes.

I've only slept like 4 hours in a few days, and my brain has pains in it. My weight dropped from 190 down to 150 and I keep eating, with no weight gain. Maybe covid, maybe benzo withdrawal, who knows.

I absolutely hate hospitals and waiting rooms and just want to see how my symptoms got so severe this far out for no reason that I'm aware of. I eat all organic, nothing unusual. Let's see what the "medical" system aka docs from hell find. At least they can save you in emergencies, but I refuse to take meds.

Hi Justintime, 

Oh boy, so sorry to see you're having such a difficult time right now. It sounds quite horrible. I agree with you about hospitals and waiting rooms. But sometimes we don’t have a choice. I hope the docs are able to help you in some way or other. Please get well again soon! 

TS 

Hi JIT,

Sorry that your sleep is off and that you are in the hospital.  Sounds quite rough, to put it mildly.  I hope the doctors can figure it out for you.  

Justintime, We are thinking of you and hope you get some answers and relief from what you are going through. 

Yes, you are in the best place figure out what is going on.  

NG

Thanks guys,

I actually ended up leaving. I was there for a little bit over an hour and a half, and felt like I was in prison. It's always the same in each city, metal detectors, searches, long weight room times, shady characters, and tests that make no sense. It seems as if all the hospital cares about is vitals and wrist straps and paperwork.

The nurse and billing people got an attitude because I asked about the wait time, and that's when I decided I wasn't staying. Oddly enough, my symptoms started to improve right after I came home and took a nap later. Maybe it was a wave, maybe it was something else, I don't know.

The weight loss is concerning though, I've been eating tons of food, yet I keep losing weight. Other people on benzo buddies have talked about similar, but I don't know if it's related or not. At this point, I have so much "distaste" for medical authorities, that I'm not so sure I will ever go to one again, unless I break a bone.

I know that they're there to help, just like the police are there to help, just like politicians are there to help, just like the whole government is supposedly there to help. But are they actually helping is the real question? I've been focusing a lot on Native ways recently, they survived thousands of years off of instinct and knowledge. It seems now there's no instinct, it's just protocol instead.

Think about how the native people could read the wind and the water and the rocks and the soil, obviously they were picking up on something important. Now everybody reads a bunch of computer generated paper and digital letters on a screen. I have a feeling that we somehow slid backwards in time with our progress, rather than forward.

Good morning, 

Justintime,  maybe you took the right decision by leaving. If it doesn't feel right, it's probably not going to be right. Glad your symptoms started to improve after you got home. Could very well have been a bad wave. The weight loss is indeed something to keep an eye on. 

Many people are getting fed up with all things medical, your description of how bad it often is, is spot on. The doctors etcetera tend to think the patients are there for them, when actually they are there for us! 

Good luck with your search for an answer.

My sleep wasn't really good last night. I had a couple of weird and disturbing dreams.  I woke up with lower back pain. Hope to walk it off today, sometimes it helps. ( the rain stopped last night, today is sunnier and warmer). 

I hope everyone slept well. 

Enjoy this Friday.

TS 

Good morning,

Justintime, I am sorry your visit to the hospital did not go well.  On the plus side, you felt better when you returned home. That is so good to hear.  Do you have a general practitioner that you could go to for blood tests concerning the weight loss? 

Indeed the people who are out there to help us do sometimes fall short.  Receiving care and feeling good over our treatment isn't always a given.  We hope the good out weighs the bad.  

The Native Americans did have an outstanding grasp on understanding the wind, water, soil and rocks.  

TS, sorry to hear your sleep was off last night. The walk will hopefully make you feel better.  

How nice the rain stopped! Enjoy the warm, sunny day. 

MY sleep was off last night. I have head cold symptoms on the tail of covid, so I took something to help me breathe better and make my nose stop running.  I believe I felt worse and had a headache this morning.  

The battery on my fitbit ran down last night, so I don't know how I slept.  I did get up and walk again for 20 minutes this morning.  My lower back started bothering me while I walked. The entire time when I was quite sick with covid, my lower back felt fine.  My knees were also better with rest.  I can't spend the rest of my days resting. 

Have a good Friday everyone.

NG

Good day,

Got a hair under 7 hours but feel fairly rested.  It's supposed to get to 101 degrees here today.  JIT, good to hear you're feeling better.  You got to shop around for good health providers.  

Ran my robotic Rumba vacuum cleaner today.  In the living room we keep a bunch of toys for the grandkids.  The Rumba, named Creature, kept running into toys that would play children's music.  Maybe Creature is really a child at heart :-).

R&R, your comment about the Rumba gave me a smile. It does sound like it is a child at heart! Creature is a clever name.  I could never come up with anything acceptable for ours, so I call it, "the vacuum."  I stopped using it in December because of the Christmas tree and  Nativity that sits under it, I didn't trust the vacuum not to break something.  My husband always followed it around and complained constantly about it missing a spot.  January came and I wasn't ready to listen to complaints about my sweet vacuum, so it sits quietly against the dining room wall. I have a Dyson Stick and it does a fine job of cleaning the hardwood floors and area rugs.  Maybe I'll let the Rumba start running around again this summer.  

The heat is on. We so far have not had any temps past 96 or 97.  Typically we get a few days of 100. 

Glad you feel rested after a little under 7 hours. 

Enjoy the day.

NG

On 7/27/2023 at 5:46 AM, [[J...] said:

Yeah the new site looks good, but I have no clue how to navigate it. I still don't have notifications either, not sure how that will work.

I

@JustInTime.......   I have follow topic toggle button selected but I am still not being notified so IDK.

BG.png

Thanks guys, yes Medical Care is weird these days, you were spot on about it being about the doctor instead of the patient these days. I remember when I was younger, when we went to the doctor they would ask us how we feel and what we need to feel better, they would say is there anything I can do to help? Now it's like this is my advice, you need to follow my instructions, I think this will help you. It's like well, that's backwards so why am I coming to you?

And that's weird we all seem to be having bad dreams and head pressure and headaches and stuff, maybe it's just regular summertime stuff. The world Heats up, we breathe in warm air, our electrolytes go down, we burn more energy, we breathe in more pollen, trees and leaves start to heat up and evaporate moisture into the air, there's lots of things going on. I've been having nightmares for no reason, and I've had some pretty bad headaches recently as well, and the sleep has been really off.

I thought about one of those robot vacuums one time as well, but I have a cordless stick vacuum for the bamboo floors. It's a lot easier than the old corded ones, and I still don't know if I would want a robot one or not, because at least I know I'm getting all the nooks and crannies when I do it myself. The robot kind might be spreading around crumbs for all I know, it's kind of a guessing game I suppose. I also like how I get exercise when I do my manual vacuum, I would lose that if I used a robot.

It's been pretty cold here at night for the summertime, 50s. Daytime starts to heat up around 1:00 or 2:00 p.m., and we've been hitting a Max of about 75 to 77 around 4:00 to 5:00 p.m., and then it cools back down to the 50s at night again.

I'm not sure about my weight, but I've got active court cases and complaints against landlords and I'm trying to force this Corporation into fixing things, but I'm fighting with a big corporate giant from California and it's almost impossible. Like how are you supposed to win against a major corporation with unlimited money, when the government won't even help you with a civil attorney? Americans have criminal defense provided by the courts, but not civil. It's stressful, it's never-ending, and it's making the sleep even worse.

Good day to you all,

Hopefully everyone slept better last night.

Well, I didn't.  Couldn't get to sleep. It was after 2 am before sleep finally took over. I don't think I got much deep sleep. But woke up feeling good...weird old thing this body and mind of ours. 

Warmish weather again today, but showers. So, it's quite humid. Not my kind of weather,  but what can you do?

My Rumba is called Hamdije, she's 46 and originally from Kosovo. Lol.

Have an enjoyable weekend. 

Trochsetter 

Good morning,

TS, so sorry to hear you could not get to sleep last night.  At least you woke up feeling good.  That's a plus, but it is strange how our sleep and well being works. 

Indeed the weather does its own thing. Tomorrow is a new day with hopefully less humidity.  

LOL, thanks for sharing your Roomba story. It is much different than my present cleaner. 

A few years ago I had a cleaning person named Lisa. We loved her! She had health problems and after her husband died, moved back to live with her elderly parents, so she could have surgery.  I still miss her.  

When she first left, I interviewed someone and decided against hiring her.  She wanted me to furnish everything. All she did was provide a live body. I put aside my search and bought a Roomba and a stick vacuum.  Justintime is right, sometimes they miss a spot, but mostly they go back and forth twice and pick up what was missed. 

I could not go to sleep last night.  This morning I woke up and have no voice.  My husband is still coughing a lot.  It was fun to have someone to talk to when we went to our son and daughter in law's for dinner last night. My voice is not used to that.  The covid is either gone or still causing these problems.  I feel somewhat better, but still not well.  

Our son said he felt overly hot.  When I touched his forehead, he felt cool and clammy. Since we have all had covid, I think we are all not completely over covidl, yet. Our DIL seemed to be feeling the best.  

My fitbit says I slept a little over 7 hours with 0 deep sleep.  

I took a hydroxyzine.  

NG

Good day all,

I hope everyone is staying well and cool.  Most of all I hope everyone is sleeping.  

This morning, I got up and walked for 30 minutes and then stripped the sheets and pillow cases off of my bed. I wondered if I was still sick because of my "sick sheets."

Anyway, we shall see if I start feeling better this week.  Right now I still feel somewhat sick.  

I slept 7 hours and 33 mins with 41 minutes of deep and an hour and six minutes of REM. 

There is a line through my typing. I don't know what that means. 

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

NG

2 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Good day all,

I hope everyone is staying well and cool.  Most of all I hope everyone is sleeping.  

This morning, I got up and walked for 30 minutes and then stripped the sheets and pillow cases off of my bed. I wondered if I was still sick because of my "sick sheets."

Anyway, we shall see if I start feeling better this week.  Right now I still feel somewhat sick.  

I slept 7 hours and 33 mins with 41 minutes of deep and an hour and six minutes of REM. 

There is a line through my typing. I don't know what that means. 

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

NG

It looks like you inadvertently clicked on one of the options at the top of your reply page.  This consists of the bold, italicized, underline and strike through options.  To get rid of it, you'll just need to click on the S, that should take care of it.  Oops, now I need to click on it. ::)

[10...]