Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

I had the best night I’ve had during this whole w/d. I fell asleep at 9:30 woke up at 1 fell back asleep at 2 and slept till 4. Thats 5.5 hours. And it was all organic. No supps or meds. I hope I can do this again tonight!

Good to hear Xray, happy for you.

Sorry you had a rough night healing. Hang in there.

I think I got about 5 hours last night but went to bed really late last night.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

I had the best night I’ve had during this whole w/d. I fell asleep at 9:30 woke up at 1 fell back asleep at 2 and slept till 4. Thats 5.5 hours. And it was all organic. No supps or meds. I hope I can do this again tonight!

And dont freak out if it takes some nights b4 it happens again which is really ironic coming from me because i freak out every single time again lol. Great progress though!

Xray, I am so happy for you that you got your best sleep yet! That's proof that your brain is healing, albeit slowly. I remember when I got my first decent night after months of 2 hour nights. It was heavenly.

NG, I agree with you that BB is a life saver! So much support and help. I really appreciate all the recovered (or further along in recovery) people offering support and encouragement.

TS, So happy your sleep has been consistent lately

AB, You too! You have had some decent nights lately and it's good to see.

Lot's of folks reporting 5 and 6 and even more hours and it's so nice to hear:) I am in that club too. After a crappy night, Friday night. Last night (Saturday) was better. I got about 5 or 6 hours myself.

It's gorgeous in Seattle today! I am enjoying the spring weather.

Have a great day,

HM

Hi all,

Glad to read lots of good sleep being had by many of us! We're all heading in the right direction!

My sleep has been some 6 to 6,5 hours lately. Lovely.  This morning I woke up (after a solid 7 hours) to stomach pain. Most likely courtesy of the antibiotics. Found out yesterday the magnesium suppl I'm taking is possibly interfering with the antibiotics!  So they might not work properly. Called my pharmacist to ask for advice. I would like 9 extra tablets to make up for this. His verdict: " No extra pills needed. "This cure will be sufficient. ". Ok then.

Have a lovely day!

TS

4hrs, woke up in full alert mode. i really needed tonight to be a good one. i was barely able to stay on my feet yesterday. I don't know what I am going to do today if I don't fall back asleep.

Good to see so many ppl are grabbing 6+, congrats!

Last night was only 3 hours. I seem to be falling asleep easier lately. It’s weird because I don’t really get sleepy I seem to just go unconscious. I slept last night from about 10 to 1 and then just later in bed until 6. Hopefully tonight will be better 🙏

Hello Healing and Xray,  sorry your sleep was too short. 

Tonight there's every chance of it being for longer and deeper.

TS

Last night was only 3 hours. I seem to be falling asleep easier lately. It’s weird because I don’t really get sleepy I seem to just go unconscious. I slept last night from about 10 to 1 and then just later in bed until 6. Hopefully tonight will be better 🙏

Yup same here... 6,5 month out, havent been sleepy once, since some months even fall asleep quickly but always without sleepiness, just go unconscious, i believe its standard in the whole process until further out...

Good you could fall asleep.more quickly though!

Yup same here... 6,5 month out, havent been sleepy once, since some months even fall asleep quickly but always without sleepiness, just go unconscious, i believe its standard in the whole process until further out...

Hi heyilona,

Looks like we have very close jump dates. You’re about a month longer than me. It’s weird isn’t it how these pills completely wrecked our sleep. I really thought I would be sleeping again by now. I see you have had some pretty good sleep windows. I haven’t had any yet. Mine has just been painfully slow gradual improvement. I hope and pray our sleep returns soon.

Ditto to what TS said healing and Xray.

Hang in there friends.

I think I got another 5 maybe 5.5 hours in and it was decent.

@[...]

How much did you pay for your fitbit? I have been debating on buying one of the health and fitness trackers, but I don't wanna spend a ton of money. I have been thinking about this cheap one on Amazon. It says it can track sleep. I know these things are not super accurate, but I just want to get a good ballpark. What model of fitbit do you have, where did you buy it from, and how much did you pay for it?

Recommendations from anyone else reading this....please respond.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazfit-Fitness-Monitoring-Tracking-Resistant/dp/B08DKYLK4D/ref=sr_1_5?crid=MOENNDO3JGDO&keywords=sleep+tracker&qid=1650903591&sprefix=sleep+tracker%2Caps%2C115&sr=8-5

Hi heyilona,

Looks like we have very close jump dates. You’re about a month longer than me. It’s weird isn’t it how these pills completely wrecked our sleep. I really thought I would be sleeping again by now. I see you have had some pretty good sleep windows. I haven’t had any yet. Mine has just been painfully slow gradual improvement. I hope and pray our sleep returns soon.

I did have a window, it was still far from my normal sleep but very liveable. Now I seem back mostly to the night on night off thing, although thank god the off nights havent been as bad as the first 3 months generally.

Do you still have other symptoms? Since my wave I get bouts of DP/chemical anxiety and muscle jerks again and hypnic parasomnia stuff. Got a break from that too in my window.

It can be a slow process huh. Really hope bext year around this time we are so much better.

Heyilona,

Yes I do still have other symptoms. Mostly anxiety that I believe is caused from sleep deprivation. I also get the Hypnic jerks if I’m sleepy in the afternoon and start dozing off. As soon as I’m about to cross over to sleep my body jerks and wakes me right back up. The strange thing about these are that I only get them in the afternoon, they never happen at night.  I’m also mildy agoraphobic, I can go places and not freak out but I don’t like leaving the house much. I believe this is mostly from the anxiety caused by the sleep deprivation. So I believe once I start getting a more livable amount of sleep the other symptoms should just drop off.

Unfortunately sleep  returns "painfully" slow for most.  It's never as fast as we would like it to be or as much sleep as we would like it to be.

But your body knows exactly when and how much sleep to give you while it repairs the TEMPORARY damage to your CNS and GABA receptors..

I still remember sleeping just like you did, from 10:00 pm to 1:00 am and I was so excited I thought I was healed..LOL And that was at about 5 months off as well.

It will continue to improve, but there will also be bad nights too until the good nights surpass the bad nights...

Hang in there, you're doing fine!

Good evening all, rell

AB, I bought my fitbit from Costco on their website.  It is the Fitbit Sense Smart watch and was $289.99.  The shipping was $4.99.

They  perhaps go on sale now and then, but when I checked Costco's website tonight, the price is what I paid for it last November.

It's a good watch.

AB, the below comment I took from the Amazon site you posted.  The commentor said not to rely on it for sleep tracking. 

This watch thinks I am asleep most of the time. Maybe I am, and this is all an elaborate dream. Perhaps the watch is pushing me towards self-actualization by suggesting I am currently sleepwalking through life. The heart rate readings seem reasonable, as do the spO2, although I haven't verified either. The step counter likewise seems accurate. It takes it a while to notice when I go for a walk or work out, but I can set them to record manually. I like being able to see my heart rate when I exercise. Overall, a good watch for a cheap price, just don't rely on it for sleep tracking. Also, the band leaves bumps on my arm because of the odd strap design.

NG

AB, the watch you posted the link is impressive for the price.  I didn't read where it said that it records REM and Deep sleep times, so not sure about that.

NG

Hi Xray,

Wow man, that sucks!  Zero hours of sleep sounds terrible. Good thing dawn is early at this time of year. During the winter period nights just never seem to end. Hopefully you'll be able to have an acceptable day in spite of having had an absolutely crappy night.

Just trust tonight is going to be a lot better!

Stay strong.

TS

GM everyone.

Sorry to hear about the crappy night of virtually no sleep Xray. I hope tonight will be better.

I went to bed at 2AM and awoke around 8AM, so approx. 6 hours and it was decent again.

Good day all,

AB, a great idea to try the Fitbit out first. Costco has a great return policy.

The six hours of sleep you got was not bad at all.

xray, sorry about your bad night.  Hopefully tonight is better. 

Last night my sleep was so, so.  I had 16 minutes of REM and 49 of deep.

My head hurts on the left side this morning along with a stiff neck and shoulder.

Yesterday, I mowed the back yard and worked on the flower bed.  I still have the roses do do in the front yard.  The agoraphobia that took over my life before I tapered off of clonazepam is still around.  Not as bad as it was, so hopefully will one day be gone.  Today I will go work on the roses, again.

It seems like my sleep is going back to the way it was or at least the way I felt before.  Uff

NG

Hi AB, no, but it sounds just like mine with the exception of the battery life, which mine lasts only three days.

The one you sent me the link for lasts six days plus, which sounds really nice.

NG

NG said>>>

My head hurts on the left side this morning along with a stiff neck and shoulder.

Yesterday, I mowed the back yard and worked on the flower bed.  I still have the roses do do in the front yard.  The agoraphobia that took over my life before I tapered off of clonazepam is still around.  Not as bad as it was, so hopefully will one day be gone.  Today I will go work on the roses, again.

Hope the pain subsides today NG. I did some mowing yesterday too even tho I did not feel like it. I have a little more weed eating and leaf blowing to complete the job today. Did you have the agoraphobia before you ever took your 1st benzo? I have never had agoraphobia fortunately, just severe panic and GAD.

[c8...]