Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi all,

Everyone is doing so very well with sleep! I am happy for us all.

The 4.5 hours I had last night was the first time in perhaps two years. 

As heyilona said, we are doing this without sleep medication!! This is such a milestone for us all. It's such a good thing to know that we are going to be okay. 

I remember the hypnic jerks so very well. They along with the loud head thump are long gone.  It was horrible going through that.

TS, that's good your sleep is going well!

Take care all,

NG

Strange isnt it that we all had a relatively good same night. Mine wasnt so good last hight although I did get a few hours here and there

Strange isnt it that we all had a relatively good same night. Mine wasnt so good last hight although I did get a few hours here and there

yeah that was kinda amazing so many here with exact the same amount of good sleep.

last night not great either... i did get 5 hours but i feel as if it was way less. my 7 yr old daughter sleeps in my bed because she gets scared but she was kicking and tossing and turning again, it was awful. no idea if i would have slept through that with my pre-benzo sleep.

Hi all,

Everyone is doing so very well with sleep! I am happy for us all.

The 4.5 hours I had last night was the first time in perhaps two years. 

As heyilona said, we are doing this without sleep medication!! This is such a milestone for us all. It's such a good thing to know that we are going to be okay. 

I remember the hypnic jerks so very well. They along with the loud head thump are long gone.  It was horrible going through that.

TS, that's good your sleep is going well!

Take care all,

NG

oh really you had the loud head thump thing too??? i hate it so much, it was nearly gone for 2,5 months and the hypnic jerks for 3,5 months. now the thumps are mostly in the second part of the night when i start drifting off again, but they wake me up. when they left for you did they stay gone or did they come back in a wave too? same thing for the hypnic jerks?

Good Friday Everyone.

I think I got in maybe 5 hours last night. It was not too good but better than nothing as they say.

Try to enjoy your day everyone.

Happy Friday,

I got about 4 hours last night and the quality felt pretty good. Hope I can keep this up and possibly get more. 🤞

Good Friday everyone. 

I am so happy to see us all so active on here!  Just coming in here and reading the posts gives me a lift.

heyilona, indeed I did have the jerks and head thumping. It has been awhile since they left, but what I do remember is it was gradual and the two disappeared fairly close together.  My first year post jumping was the worst, the second year things started improving.  The jerks were so terrible in the beginning, I was glad when they left, but in all honesty, I was such a scrambled mess, everything was tortuous.  My head thumps were more of a bang sound that had me wondering if it was inside my head or outside.  My assumption was it was inside my head.  Perhaps yours coming later in the night is a good sign your brain is healing.

Concerning the wave question, I never felt like I had them.  Because they were mentioned so much on here, I tried to imagine I was having a wave, but was never totally sure. 

You will make it past this. 

NG

Hi AB,

That is good you did sleep five hours. Maybe tonight will be better. 

Xray sometimes four hours can feel as good as 6 or more.  I noticed on my sleep tracker that the more deep sleep and REM sleep I get, the better I feel. 

sleepyjo, it was interesting how we all seemed to align together with sleep the other night.  Hopefully this happens more often.

TS great news on your great sleep. Keep it up!

Hi,

Lots of posts! Great news on the sleep front. So happy for you all!

My sleep was good last night. Just under 6 hours of 'normal' sleep. Woke up around 6 (again), I couldn't get back to sleep,  but didn't feel like I needed more sleep anyway. I felt rested.

Another day of gardening. That's 4 days this week. Yesterday my body protested against more work, so I had a day off. Went to a friend's birthday and had some delicious cake. I stopped the Keto for now, to be able to enjoy her birthday and of course Easter. Back on the Keto next Tuesday. It's going great so far: lost 1,5 kilo and 3 cm waistline in 1,5 weeks. My main goal is to get rid of any inflammation in the body that might cause issues with my eyes.

Just listened to part of the Matthäus Passion. As always,  a case of " holding back the tears".

Enjoy the rest of this Good Friday!

TS

Hello,

So sorry for you, Joe.  Must be awful, not being  able to sleep becauss of cramps. I'm going to root for you for a much better sleep tonight.

Thank you, AB. Well, finding foods for the Keto diet that agree with me, is a bit of a challenge. My stomach and intestins are quite sensitive. But it's lots of vegetables, chicken, hamburgers, fish, seeds and nuts. I do take some lactose-free dairy.

No, I 'm not going to stay on it long-time. I still need to loose some 2 or 3 kilo and a few cm in the waistline. After that I 'm going back to a more sustainable diet. What I am going to keep on doing, is the intermittent fasting. 16 and 8. Meaning eating inside a 8-hour window and no food from 8 pm until noon next day. Not hard to do and it's said to be really healthy for you.

My sleep was really good last night. Some 6,5 hours of non-stop sleep.  I have known other times too. As nightengale said, my sound sleep is a hopeful sign for all of us with sleep-issues.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone!

Trochsetter

Hello,

So sorry for you, Joe.  Must be awful, not being  able to sleep becauss of cramps. I'm going to root for you for a much better sleep tonight.

Thank you, AB. Well, finding foods for the Keto diet that agree with me, is a bit of a challenge. My stomach and intestins are quite sensitive. But it's lots of vegetables, chicken, hamburgers, fish, seeds and nuts. I do take some lactose-free dairy.

No, I 'm not going to stay on it long-time. I still need to loose some 2 or 3 kilo and a few cm in the waistline. After that I 'm going back to a more sustainable diet. What I am going to keep on doing, is the intermittent fasting. 16 and 8. Meaning eating inside a 8-hour window and no food from 8 pm until noon next day. Not hard to do and it's said to be really healthy for you.

My sleep was really good last night. Some 6,5 hours of non-stop sleep.  I have known other times too. As nightengale said, my sound sleep is a hopeful sign for all of us with sleep-issues.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone!

Trochsetter

To give us hope, how bad was your sleep at some point?

That’s great TS. I can’t wait till I’m sleeping soundly like that.

I also slept 6 hours last night with the help of 15mg of mirtazipine. I would love to be ecstatic about that but it doesn’t really feel like I slept. I don’t think I achieved enough deep sleep for it to be restorative. Well tonight is a new night praying for everybody to get some sleep.

Hi,

I had one night of zero sleep.  But 3 to 4 hour nights for months. And it got worse by the week. I did manage to fall asleep,  I  called it  becoming unconsious  because of sheer exhaustion,  but woke up earlier by the week. I've had nights ( in the dead of winter...) where I was up ,dressed and all, at 4 am. My body hurting like crazy, so I couldn't stay in bed.  Becoming extremely anxious in the process.

In hindsight it was due to depression, caused by the process of tapering off Valium, that caused the depression. I started taking Paxil, and once it started to work, I began to recover. Sleep returned and became much more normal.

That year and the following, I finished my Diazepam taper, 6 months later followed by the Paxil taper. The rest is history. One I never hope to have to experience again!

So not horribly bad insomnia like some of us have, but no piece of cake either.

Stay strong!

Blessed Easter!

TS

Good day everyone,

Xray, indeed there are different kinds of sleep. Hopefully you have a more restful sleep tonight.  Do you take mirtazapine every night or occasionally? 

Sleepyjo, that night time cramps did a number on you. Hopefully tonight you sleep better.

TS, congratulations on the weight loss. Keto is definitely working for you.  Six and a half hours of non stop sleep sounds sweet.

The time outside doing yard work sounds is always a plus. You really put in a lot of time on the yard.

I mowed the lawn, yesterday, and noticed that a large bolt had been used to attach the cross bar to the pole, so very many years ago.  That is what I hit my head on a few weeks ago.  Today I am going out with a hack saw and cut it down to size. Hopefully saw is sharp enough and my arms are strong enough to get the job done.

Birthday parties are always fun to go to. 

After mowing the lawn, I assumed I would sleep well last night, but it was not to be.  On the plus side, I am not sore from mowing the lawn. 

Happy Easter

NG

Good day everyone,

Xray, indeed there are different kinds of sleep. Hopefully you have a more restful sleep tonight.  Do you take mirtazapine every night or occasionally? 

Sleepyjo, that night time cramps did a number on you. Hopefully tonight you sleep better.

TS, congratulations on the weight loss. Keto is definitely working for you.  Six and a half hours of non stop sleep sounds sweet.

The time outside doing yard work sounds is always a plus. You really put in a lot of time on the yard.

I mowed the lawn, yesterday, and noticed that a large bolt had been used to attach the cross bar to the pole, so very many years ago.  That is what I hit my head on a few weeks ago.  Today I am going out with a hack saw and cut it down to size. Hopefully saw is sharp enough and my arms are strong enough to get the job done.

Birthday parties are always fun to go to. 

After mowing the lawn, I assumed I would sleep well last night, but it was not to be.  On the plus side, I am not sore from mowing the lawn. 

Happy Easter

NG

Hi NG,

I only take it occasionally, it’s about the only thing that works anymore and I don’t want to become tolerant to it.

I don't blame you Xray. The lack of sleep can drive you to the point of madness after a while.

I think I got between 5-6 hours last night and only got up once to use the bathroom.

Enjoy your Sat. everyone.

Hi again,

Everyone,

Yesterday I was 10 months Benzo Free! Yahoo!

AB,

I forgot to mention eggs and berries. Plus the occasional piece of cheese.

TS

Thanks TS. I also try to eat inside an 8 hour feeding window. Yes, intermittent fasting has many health benefits, IMO. Another Question TS...... After you got off the valium, how long did you wait before you started coming off the paxil?

Hope the good sleep continues for you.  :) and starts for everyone else.

Thanks AB,

I finished the Diazepam taper in June. I waited for a while to see how I felt. I felt good, so started the Paxil at the end of July. Finished this taper on December 31st.

Wishing you good nights too!

TS

Hi HM,

That's great! Every day further away from the last bit of benzo is a day closer to full recovery!  We'll all get there.

I missed you here on BB this last week. I hope you're feeling OK.

Wishing you a peaceful Easter.

Take care!

TS

[8f...]