Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Good morning everybody,

It’s about 3:30 am and I guess I’m up for the day. I got about 4 hours of organic sleep last night. I used no medications. The quality was about a 4 out of 10. This is the best night I’ve had in the past 5 months. I hope everybody else had a good nights sleep.

Xray

Good morning, Xray,

Congratulations on a, for you lately,  good sleep. Sleep that came without meds is always so much  better than a toxic chemical knock-out.

Hopefully it's a turning point for you in your struggle with insomnia.

Looking on the bright side: you've got a long day ahead of you, to hopefully,  do nice things.

My night wasn't really good. Some 4,5 hours of interrupted sleep. Oh well, there's always a next night.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

TS

Wish me luck... I have a date tomorrow for the first time since divorce 7 yrs ago (I am a single mom). My wave seems to be fading, had some 6-7 hr nights (broken) but the last 2 nights 4-5 hrs, I couldnt fall back asleep.

I am super nervous and pre benzo disaster I would still sleep whrn stressed out but nowadays it really messes even more with sleep. Also not super DP/DR anymore but not ok either. Wasnt looking for dating but this just happened. Wish me at least 5 hrs of sleep  :D

Hey Ilona,

Great news! I hope you'll have a good night's sleep tonight and a lovely date tomorrow. Good luck on your first date in 7 years. Those nerves could be of the butterfly kind. Just kidding,

Go and enjoy yourself!

Live's too short for.. well,  you know the cliches.

TS

Ditto to what Xray said heyilona. I hope all goes well for you.

IC NG, thanks for the reply. How long has hubby had Alzheimer's?

Nice to see everyone, and I hope you guys sleep long and good tonight.

I am still in the 4-5 hour sleep range but it has not been good sleep imo.

1,5 hrs only...

I will go on the date but then leave it at that. Its giving me too much stress and wrecks the bit of sleep I had. Still had hypnic stuff too last night. I am still in the tail of this wave..

Do you all like lose hope after one really bad night? I had a better week of at least 4-5 hrs, then after a night like this I am like oh no back to nothing. I am 6,5 months out now. Late January to early March was my best sleep. Many 5-7;hr nights albeit broken, after 3,5 months 0 to 4 hr nights.

Not a good night for me. Some 5 hours of constant tossing and turning,  because my legs were in kind of a RLS -state.  Ugh!

Roll on Wednesday.

TS

cancelled my date, i cant do anything on 1 to 2 hrs of sleep, i basically feel like crying the whole time, even after 6 months of this i still havent mastered remaining calm. i catastrophise that now sleep will stay bad. also... wasnt too sure about the guy. have to help at kids dinner at school tonight, its so hard with little sleep, i feel everyone can tell i look like sh*t and feel like i am losing my mind.

That’s stinks heyilona. I hate that sleep has taken over so much of our lives.

On a brighter note I slept 7 hours last night and it was a restorative. I sad to say it wasn’t organic though. I took a belsomra that the sleep doctor prescribed. I was surprised that it even worked. Im gonna try all natural again tonight though.

Good to hear Xray, hope it continues.

Sorry about the canceled date heyilona, but I am sure there will be other opportunities.

Hang in there sleepyjo. Hopefully, tonight will be better.

RLS must suck TS. Does it just happen from time to time?

My sleep was pretty bad too sleepyjo. 4-5 hours and it was broken and restless.

Try to enjoy your Wednesday everyone. :)

Good evening all,

Our group has been busy!  I wish you all good sleep.

AB, sorry about the broken, restless sleep.  It is terribly frustrating when that happens.  Mine is mostly like that. My latest saying is I get what I need and I need what I get.

AB, my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2017.  I noticed problems a good ten years before that. During that time he took an early retirement because he could no longer do CAD (computer assisted drafting.)

When going someplace, he would stop in the middle of traffic, when he became confused as to where he was.  How we were not rear ended I know not why.  Each time he left our home to go someplace, he would go the wrong direction.  I would watch him drive away and wonder how long it took him to figure out where he was going.  He would do it when I was in the car, but I always said, we are going to such and such a place and he would turn around.  His short term memory was mostly gone.  So, we are going on at least 15 years and more likely 20.  It has moved along more quickly this last winter/spring.

TS, I am sorry you are having RLS. Hopefully it was short lived and you are back to sleeping better. 

Sounds like your eye appointment went okay.  Hoping the floaters and foggy vision improves.

My sleep is around 5-6 hours.  I'm determined not to take any more hydroxyzine as I think it takes weeks/months to recover from that medication. 

Take care all,

NG

Mine is mostly like that. My latest saying is I get what I need and I need what I get.

I like your saying NG and it is true.  :) A solid 7-8 hours nightly would be heavenly though.

Sorry to hear about your hubby and ty for sharing. He is lucky to have someone like you to care for and look after him though. Do you guys have grown children?

Wishing good sleep to everyone tonight.

Good evening all,

Our group has been busy!  I wish you all good sleep.

AB, sorry about the broken, restless sleep.  It is terribly frustrating when that happens.  Mine is mostly like that. My latest saying is I get what I need and I need what I get.

AB, my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2017.  I noticed problems a good ten years before that. During that time he took an early retirement because he could no longer do CAD (computer assisted drafting.)

When going someplace, he would stop in the middle of traffic, when he became confused as to where he was.  How we were not rear ended I know not why.  Each time he left our home to go someplace, he would go the wrong direction.  I would watch him drive away and wonder how long it took him to figure out where he was going.  He would do it when I was in the car, but I always said, we are going to such and such a place and he would turn around.  His short term memory was mostly gone.  So, we are going on at least 15 years and more likely 20.  It has moved along more quickly this last winter/spring.

TS, I am sorry you are having RLS. Hopefully it was short lived and you are back to sleeping better. 

Sounds like your eye appointment went okay.  Hoping the floaters and foggy vision improves.

My sleep is around 5-6 hours.  I'm determined not to take any more hydroxyzine as I think it takes weeks/months to recover from that medication. 

Take care all,

NG

sorry to hear about your husband, my dad had vascular dementia, it lasted over 10 to 15 years. my mom took care of him, it was only really bad the last couple of years, it can be so sad to watched a love one go through that. Good job on ditching all sleep meds.

Got 5+hours last night albeit broken but the most for months without benzo or zop. Meletonin is helping, im grateful

5 hours of sleep is good, especially since you know its without any sleep meds :) the broken part is frustrating... but then when i have a real crappy night 0-4 hrs, i wish for a broken 5 hr night even.

YAY i had 5-6 hrs last night BUT at nearly 6,5 months off I had a milestone, at least 5 hours, possibly 5,5 UNBROKEN, i almost cant believe it, its divine. since late january i had a few nights were i thought it was between 4 and 5 unbroken hrs (i try to avoid watching the clock), but then since the wave started in MArch it was hard to tell because there were many real bad nights again.

I feel so good today, almost a window. I cant wait for this to become more frequent. That would make it so much more liveable and one day maybe even 6 hours unbroken, then i am saved. did still have stupid hypnic jerks, 2 strong ones in my body and a few of my jaw, hate hate hate it. and 1 explosing head syndrome thump sound in the morning, benzo crap.

Cant believe that untill 7 months ago all my nights were 5 to 7 hrs of unbroken sleep sigh.

Less sad about the cancelled date, he was a little overwhelming, i worry for narcs and lovebombing behavior, or he was just really nice and i missed out lol. i will try one date with him when i feel my sleep can handle it and the stress wont give me a 1 hr night again.

Hi,

Congratulations to everyone who had a good sleep!  Feels so good, doesn't it?

My sleep was just over 5 hours of unbroken, deep and restoring sleep! Wow! Yippie!

Hopefully you all had a great sleep.

Enjoy!

TS

Hi,

Congratulations to everyone who had a good sleep!  Feels so good, doesn't it?

My sleep was just over 5 hours of unbroken, deep and restoring sleep! Wow! Yippie!

Hopefully you all had a great sleep.

Enjoy!

TS

Yay for you too! I am trying to enjoy today to the max

Got 5+hours last night albeit broken but the most for months without benzo or zop. Meletonin is helping, im grateful

Good for you sleepyjo. I also took a little bit of melatonin and I think it helped me a little. I am also grateful for any sleep I can get.

Enjoy your day everyone as much as possible. I know we all have challenges. :)

Good day all,

heyilona, thank you for the comment concerning your dad and how long it lasted.  Beings my husband has come this far as well as he has, I assume this is how it will be with him. I know the worst is yet to come. We have long term care insurance, but I didn't want to use it until I physically and mentally can't take care of him.  Time will tell.

The 5 to 5.5 unbroken sleep is a major milestone! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. We all need these milestones to keep us going. 

Keep the thoughts of going out with the guy in the future.  If it is meant to happen, hopefully it will. 

AB,  we have two grown children who live close by. They are very helpful when I need them! 

TS, congratulations on 5 hours of unbroken sleep! It is incredibly healing and refreshing. I wish you many more of those nights.

I have good news, myself. I slept 4.5 hours of non interrupted sleep last night! I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the time.  Life is good.

NG

Good day all,

heyilona, thank you for the comment concerning your dad and how long it lasted.  Beings my husband has come this far as well as he has, I assume this is how it will be with him. I know the worst is yet to come. We have long term care insurance, but I didn't want to use it until I physically and mentally can't take care of him.  Time will tell.

The 5 to 5.5 unbroken sleep is a major milestone! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. We all need these milestones to keep us going. 

Keep the thoughts of going out with the guy in the future.  If it is meant to happen, hopefully it will. 

AB,  we have two grown children who live close by. They are very helpful when I need them! 

TS, congratulations on 5 hours of unbroken sleep! It is incredibly healing and refreshing. I wish you many more of those nights.

I have good news, myself. I slept 4.5 hours of non interrupted sleep last night! I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked at the time.  Life is good.

NG

oh wow so many of us getting around 5 hrs unbroken!

[87...]