Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Hi AB, my mother does live alone since my dad died suddenly in 1971 of a heart attack. He had rheumatic fever when he was two, that caused an enlarged heart.

He died at the age of 51.  Mother had a few men who wanted to court her, but she was forever married to my father.  It would have been nice if she had remarried. 

I purchased my new washer at Lowes.  They delivered the next day, but were adamant the faucets/valves needed to be replaced because of corrosion.  I bought a top loaded non smart machine.  It was on sale for $548 down from $699. I also purchased the two pack of washing machine connectors along with an extended three year warranty, plus the haul away charge for a grand total of $755.28.  It is a Whirlpool that replaced a Whirlpool. 

Sorry to hear about your three hours of non quality sleep.  Hopefully it is better tonight!

NG

Thanks NG. I think I will also buy a top load (less maintenance) non smart washer too. I just need the clothes washed w/o all the hi-tech bells and whistles and the higher price tags that come with these smart machines.

Sorry to hear about your dad.  I also hope you sleep well tonight.

FitBit says close to 7 hours last night of fair quality sleep. I will take it after the night before. LOL

Good Friday morning everyone.

Good morning everyone,

AB, the close to 7 hours of sleep sounds good.  Mine was 7.5 with 37 mins of REM and 11 minutes of Deep. I'm feeling it this morning.

Agreed that the high tech stuff on appliances works well for those who need/want it, but when it breaks down, life becomes more complicated. ha

NG

Yep, I know NG. I wish I could buy me another new sub-compact car with just an AM/FM radio, automatic transmission, and AC for like 15 grand. I don't need power seats, doors, windows, infotainment system, etc. I have an iPhone so I can mount that thing to the windshield for my infotainment / GPS needs.

It is now impossible to buy a new car like this anymore. Even without any financing, you can expect to pay over 20 grand for any new entry level small vehicle. They all now come standard with a lot of the things I do not need that make these cars more expensive and complicated than I need in my life.

Hi everyone,

Glad some of you had a good night's sleep! Worth a million..! Mine was good too.

It's my birthday today. Turned 67. Another year over, a new one just begun...

Had friends come over yesterday,  siblings this morning,  neighbours this afternoon and  still the party's not over..

It was an enjoyable day! I've learned to enjoy my birthday over the years. Especially while going through the benzo ordeal. We have to live in the moment, it could be over before you know it.

Have a pleasant Friday.

Trochsetter

Happy Birthday, TS!! You are younger now than you will ever be again. Enjoy your birthday with friends and family. 

It's good you are enjoying those birthdays! We have much to be thankful for!

NG

Hi nightengale,

Thanks.  I love your remark on never being younger than today! Nice one!

Today's another reason for celebrating: I 'm 11 months benzo-free!  Yahoo!

Day 3 of my birthday festivities: seeing  one of my old aunts ( as I do twice a week). Bringing her cake and dark chocolate, which she absolutely adores! Tomorrow the final part of my birthday party for 2022, when my brother and his wife come to visit.

Wonderful sunny and pleasantly warm Spring weather is here to be enjoyed!

Wishing you a lovely weekend and plenty of good sleep. ( that goes for everyone on here of course.)

Trochsetter

Glad you are still enjoying your extended birthday TS. :thumbsup:

GM everyone.

I got a little over 5 hours last night and the quality was good.

Enjoy your Sat.

Good morning everybody.

I also got about 5 hours and based on how I feel it was on the low side of fair. It’s rainy here today so I won’t able to get outside and do anything.

Wishing everybody a good weekend

Glad you got in the 5 hrs Xray. I have a feeling I won't sleep very well tonight. Weird feeling--

Good evening everyone. It's been one of those weeks. The good, the bad, and the ugly. ha

TS, your birthday celebrating sounded sweet and memorable.  The time we get to spend with aging relatives/aunts is a gift. I'm glad you are enjoying her and she you. 

Congratulations on being 11 months benzo free! Every day you can put behind you free of benzos is a milestone worth celebrating. 

My sleep was a little more than five hours, which was okay.  I wish for some unbroken sleep, but I have not had that since pre-benzo days. 

AB, getting a basic car without the bells and whistles  doesn't happen.  A little over five hours of quality sleep is good. 

X-ray, five hours seems to be the magic number with some of us.  Rainy nights sound better than days. 

Sleep well everyone,

NG

Hello NG and everyone else. Hope your Sunday is going well.

I slept ok last night, but not feeling so good today. Anxiety, back and leg pain, and muscle tension are back in full force. Oh boy, the fun never stops.  :)

Hi all,

NG, thank you for your kind words. Going for 1 year benzo free now.

A 5 to 6 hour sleep isn't bad.

My sleep was really good last night: some 7 hours unbroken.

Hope you all had/ are having a pleasant Sunday.

Stay OK.

TS

Good day all,

TS, a year is another milestone to remember.  It doesn't seem that long ago you were tapering. Time flies.

Seven hours of unbroken is incredibly good.  Keep doing that!

My Sunday was pleasant and busy.  We worked on the rose bushes again and have four down and four more to go.  This has boosted my mood considerably. 

Our grandson came and rototilled the vegetable garden plot, so I can now go buy some plants and put them in the ground. 

Last night I woke up after an hour and went to check the moon eclipse. It was almost covered and turning somewhat red. The next time I woke up, it was 3:15 am.  That was a 4.5 plus hour stretch.  I guess talking about it on here, helped! After that, I was awake for an hour or so, but slept again for a total of six hours.  Perhaps I will start sleeping in longer stretches. I can only hope.

AB, I hope your anxiety and pains are better today.  Hang in there. 

NG

Hello everyone,

Sounds like gardening brings you great joy NG. I do stuff like this for my mother, but I do not particularly like doing it  :). My sleep last night was similar to yours. I got about 6 hours in total too. TS is on a good sleep roll  :thumbsup:. I hope it continues for him...

Try to enjoy your Monday Buddies...

Good morning everybody.

I also got about 5 hours and based on how I feel it was on the low side of fair. It’s rainy here today so I won’t able to get outside and do anything.

Wishing everybody a good weekend

Xray...I know it's next to impossible to do after a zero or next to zero night, but if you got 5 hours on Friday night, then you will get 5 hours (and even more) in the future!

Hi all,

NG, that's good news, sleeping so well! Keep it up!

Over here in western Europe the eclips was minimal, hardly some 15 % on the upper left side around dawn. So nothing to get exited about.

I love gardening too! No that I feel so much better,  I spend many hours doing all kinds of jobs, like mowing the lawn, howing, staking perrenials, weeding, etcetera. And after all the work, just sit outside and enjoy!

Back to the university hospital tomorrow for one more test. And the final advise wether or not to have a cataract op done.

Enjoy your Monday and sleep well tonight!

TS

My sleep was a little over 7 hours again.

Good day all,

Sleeyjo, 4-5 hours is not too bad. The broken, light sleep will hopefully improve. 

TS, too bad the eclipse wasn't as visible there as it was here. In all honesty, you didn't miss much.  The solar eclipse in 2017, was impressive.  We ventured to the library where they gave out safety glasses to wear.  It was a fun place to be during that event.  The moon was more of something I just wanted to see, because I could.

How did your eye doctor appointment go? I hope it went well and you were happy with the advice/suggestions. 

I slept a little over seven hours, which was the usual, somewhat broken, but still quite alright. 

The gardening is nice and coming along.  I tried to finish up on the last rose bush, but my husband just sat there and talked to himself.  I finished the side I was on and suggested we stop and have lunch.  Today is another day.

AB, gardening is something I enjoy the end result of.  The scratches on my arms were minimal this time, so that was good. 

Your mother is fortunate to have a son that will take care of her garden for her. 

Hello everyone,

I just got back home. I had to take my mother in to see her eye doc today.

Good to hear the good sleep news NG and TS. I hope it continues.

SleepyJo and Xray, hang in there. Do or can either of you exercise? About 1-2 hours of mild to moderate cardio right before bedtime can help a little IMO, but I realize some ppl can't tolerate exercise. I hope sleep continues to improve for each of you.

The fitbit says about 6 hours for me of fair quality last night, and I would agree with that.

I hope everyone has been having a pretty good day so far. :)

Hi everybody,

It's early Wednesday morning over here, but still Tuesday evening were most of you are. The joys of the Internet...

The appointment went well. It took lots of other tests and a lot more waiting...but the advice is to go ahead with the cataract operation. But they stressed extra attention is required because of the inflammation I had earlier. Ok, next step: more waiting. As things now stand I might have the op in a few weeks time.

My sleep is messed up out of the blue! Second night in a row I woke up around 4.30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. I decided to get up early and go for a walk. It's another gorgeous day! Sunny already, nice and warm, birds absolutely singing their heads off. How beautiful can it be?

Hope you all sleep well tonight!

TS

[7f...]