Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

is there anything to be done about the jolting awake when you try and nap or your eyes close during the day?

Hypnic jerks....these are common during and after benzo w/d. I have had them. They are scary when you 1st start having them, but are not harmful. How long have you been having them healing?

GM everyone...

Hope your upcoming trip is a safe one NG and does not cause you too much stress. I have not flown since I got out of the military many years ago. This was way before 9/11 and there was no TSA. I am sure things are so much different now. I got the FitBit Saturday and I really like it NG. It says I got about 5.5 hours of total sleep last night. I would love to have gotten more.

Nice to see you back TS. Glad you are still sleeping ok with all the other things you have going on ATM.

Thanks Xray. I hope good natural sleep eventually returns for you. I know how crappy not getting enough sleep can make you feel.

Try to enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Happy Sunday everybody,

My sleep has been so up and down lately. Yesterday I was so depressed because my sleep has been crap and not seeming to improve and the last night I slept from about 10:30 to 5:30. It wasn’t straight thru. I woke up about every 1.5 hours and it took me anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to fall back asleep. It was also nothing but dreams. I feel pretty good today though. Now I just hoping that this continues.

AB, Looks like you did pretty good last night too! Congrats!

I actually got out and fired up the grill and cooked some hamburgers today. I felt good most of the day!

Praying everyone gets some sleep tonight!

I actually got out and fired up the grill and cooked some hamburgers today. I felt good most of the day!

Enough sleep makes such a difference, hope you get more days like that soon.

Xray....that is wonderful.  Hold onto to what you felt like when you got some decent sleep the night before because that WILL happen again moving forward

Sure, there will be some poor nights too, but eventually you'll get all nights like you just had.

:thumbsup:

Sadly last night my sleep fell apart again. Only got about 3 hours of light sleep last night. It’s so discouraging when you go to bed with high hopes only to have them dashed. Why do our brains insist on torturing themselves for so long. Oh well, there’s always tonight. I hope everybody else had a better night.

GM everyone,

Sorry to hear about last night Xray after 4 months of being benzo free + you were a short-term user. Sleep deprivation can become maddening the longer it goes on. Can you or do you exercise at all Xray?

The fitbit says 5.5 hours of fair sleep quality. On the 1-10 sleep scale, I would say last night was 5.5.

Enjoy your Monday everyone.

Hello everybody,

Sorry for the unlucky ones with bad sleep. Happy for the lucky ones with moderate or even good sleep!

What can you do but hope and pray sleep will be fine.

Fact is bad sleep doesn't kill us, but it sure is giving it a try..Same as good sleep doesn't make for a good day  but it sure helps a lot!

From what I read on BB and elsewhere, sleep will return in time. Try to hold on to that!

I had a great sleep on night, followed by a broken one the next night. No idea why.

Hope you're going to have a pleasant Spring day!

TS

Heyilona,

Sorry for replying this late, but I seem to have missed your post.

Thank you for asking. It's not easy to explain the issues my eyes cause me, but I did my  best to make it clear to her. She saw lots of floaters, and signs of inflammation.( past and present). I do feel she's taking things really serious. Lots of bloodwork, several scans and photos etcetera. During my next visit she wants a test done using a  fluorescent fluid. So yes, I do feel it was a trip worthwhile.

TS

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone sleeps well tonight. 

AB, your sleep sounds quite okay with 5.5 hours.  I've noticed when I get an hour or more of REM and Deep sleep, I feel better.  A few nights ago, I got 8 minutes of deep sleep and 56 of REM.  Last night, it was 1 hour and 20 mins of REM and 1 hour and 15 mins of Deep. I wish it was consistent, but perhaps this is how it will be. 

You did accomplish a lot with your yard work a few days ago! Nice you have burn barrels to get rid of leaf debris. My mom can do that, but where I live, it is picked up by the weekly trash truck. 

xray, like you, I go to bed with such high hopes each night only to have them dashed so many times.  I think that a positive outlook is good to have, but my chances of winning the lottery are probably about the same as consistently getting good sleep each night. 

TS, I like your comment that  bad sleep doesn't kill us but it sure gives it a try.

It does do its best to take us down.

The eye doctor who is treating you is doing an impressive job of trying to get to the bottom of what is wrong.  Hopefully she figures it all out soon. 

NG

NG Said>>>

I think that a positive outlook is good to have, but my chances of winning the lottery are probably about the same as consistently getting good sleep each night.

LOL NG....sad but true it seems sometimes. I talked to my therapist about sleep during our monthly talk therapy today. He told me he has never had any sleep issues. He said as soon as his head hits the pillow, he is sound asleep in under 5 mins and sleeps pretty soundly each night. I told him you are like so lucky. Nothing feels better than a good night of refreshing sleep. :)

Food morning everybody,

Only 3 hours of light sleep for me last night. I hope everybody else had a good night.

last night was lousy. felt like I was waking up every 30min. I lost track after awhile. Really hard morning.

Good morning everybody,

Only 3 hours of light sleep for me last night. I hope everybody else had a good night.

It's all relative though...you'd gladly take a 3 hour night versus a zero or 1 hour night...right?

It's very tough, but do your best to be grateful and thankful for the 3 hours...try to smile and laugh if possible...laughter truly is a great medicine.

I Guarantee better nights are just around the corner!  Don't give up and don't lose hope!

last night was lousy. felt like I was waking up every 30min. I lost track after awhile. Really hard morning.

Sorry to hear healing. I have had sleepless nights like what you described. They are horrible. Hope tonight is much better for you.

According to my fitbit, 6 hours and 54 mins for me, so I did pretty good. I did wake up one time to go to the bathroom.

https://ibb.co/tsR49cV

Enjoy your Tuesday everyone.

Quick report - My sleep on day 1,460 was the same as on day 1.

How much sleep are you getting DBM?

Good day all,

DBM, I am sorry to hear your sleep is no better at day 1460 than it was at day one.  Mine is all over the place.  Little things take my sleep away and bring it back.

Was this what we asked for? Of course not. A few nights ago, I took two left over knee replacement surgery oxycodone for the pain I was in after working on my yard and in the garage.  I slept for almost nine hours that night.

The pain is mostly gone, but the side effects of oxy are no better than a bargain with the devil.  It's all coming back to me now, why I had most of the bottle of oxy left. 

ThEwAy2 came back to share with is his journey for a reason.  We can choose not to listen to him or we can read what he says and take heart.  A lot that we are going through is a mind game.  I would rather smile and laugh than lie in a fetal position moaning why..why me.  There are no answers to that question, but here we are. 

Today I shall make a hard copy list of what I need to do before my trip to Iowa on Friday.  One thing I shall always celebrate is there are no benzos on my list to take any more.  I feel that is a gift I will always thank my lucky stars for. 

NG

Sorry, that sucks at 4 years out, but late insomnia waves can and do happen.

Around 1600 days off I had a 6 week insomnia wave and that was after sleeping well for over 2 years.

I had 3 zero nights and a lot of 1-4 hour nights with some nice 7-8 hour nights mixed in.

I've been sleeping really well now for about 15 months since that last wave ended

I also had a month long insomnia wave at 18 months and a shorter 4 day wave at 32 months off

Your sleep will even out too!  :thumbsup:

Are you in a wave or did your sleep never come back?

1,460 days / 365 days per year = 4 years of crappy sleep. Yikes!  :'(  ........unless the OP's sleep has always been good. I wish DBM would return and update.

Sorry, to clarify, every night has been horrible for 4 years. Awakenings nightly. What sleep I do get is false sleep - just enough to prevent my body from dying. Of course I’ve had a nice sprinkling of about 10 normal nights of sleep, you know, just enough to give a little hope then stamp it right out. And so it goes, my friends.

Thanks for the update DBM. Benzos disrupt sleep a lot but sometimes, there are other factors at play too. Many ppl start taking benzos bc they can't sleep. When you do this, you are simply making a bad problem worse. Stress is a major culprit. Exercise and meditation are the only two natural methods that I know of to relieve anxiety and stress. Sleep helps too but if you have bad anxiety and lots of stress that you can't dissipate, you can't sleep.

[63...]