Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Sorry, to clarify, every night has been horrible for 4 years. Awakenings nightly. What sleep I do get is false sleep - just enough to prevent my body from dying. Of course I’ve had a nice sprinkling of about 10 normal nights of sleep, you know, just enough to give a little hope then stamp it right out. And so it goes, my friends.

Sorry your sleep has been so poor for so long...Maybe put a "Trigger Warning" on you posts so as to not scare newbies as your case is certainly not typical.

Do you have anyway to track what sleep you're actually getting?  Are you doing that?

How did you sleep after your first WD in 2008 and up and until you went back on again in 2017?

Are you currently on any Rx drugs for sleep or in general?

I have a FitBit that seems fairly accurate and matches what my sleep number bed says I am getting each night.

About 3 hours of combined REM and Deep and about 4 to 5 hours of light sleep each night...

Wow, I could not resist it seems.....a two hour nap this afternoon so no sleep for me tonight. Ugh---

DBM sig says>>>

Stopped taking them all and CT’d the benzo on 1/2018. No alcohol spring 2018, no nicotine summer 2019, no caffeine summer 2019. Still suffering.

After 4 years of no benzos, more time spent just waiting and no drugs is not going to bring sleep (wishful thinking IMO). I would explore meditation, exercise, perhaps try some natural supplements, etc. I don't think just waiting on more time to pass and avoiding Rx meds is going to bring about good, consistent sleep eventually. Many ppl can not sleep who have never taken benzos and sleeping pills, so why would starting and then stopping sleep aid Rx drugs bring about good natural sleep....makes no sense for ppl who started taking the drugs for sleep. Rx drugs will no doubt make your sleeping issues worse in the long run. For ppl who were not having sleep issues prior to taking the drug for another problem and now have a problem sleeping bc of the drug detox, sleep should return to what it was after a while (in theory) unless the drugs have caused some kind of permanent damage.....who knows.

3 hours again last night. My body seems to like only getting 3 hours.

AB, take the sleep when you can get it. If I was able to nap I would definitely nap.

Hope everybody has a good day.

GM everyone,

Hi Xray. I recall when I was still trying to work. I was stuck in a 1.5 - 2 hour max sleep loop. It was horrible and was the nail in my work career coffin so to speak.

I got in another 5.5 hours last night, despite the noon nap.

Enjoy your Tuesday everyone.

Good day all,

AB, that's great you were able to take a two hour nap and get some sleep last night, too! My take on naps is if I am able to fall asleep during the day, then I must need it. 

DBM, we are about the same time out from taking our last benzos.  Perhaps we are damaged and this is what it is, but I'm not yet ready to accept that, yet.

AB, your statement about having sleep issues before we started taking benzos puts me in a dilemma.  I was always a good sleeper with no trouble falling asleep and no trouble staying asleep or going back to sleep. 

Then I got married and my husband snored and snored and snored.  It was a struggle to sleep from the beginning. I did okay for a few years, but eventually the snoring began causing anxiety and resentment with me.  I was told never to disturb him as he could not help snoring.  I tried wearing foam ear plugs but they would pop out.  My desire for sleep took me to the sofa in the living room and eventually our son's bunk bed in the basement.  The die was cast when I went for counseling and a psychiatrist wrote out a script for clonazepam and Ambien.  So here I am and maybe my brain is damaged forever.  I would not be surprised after almost 20 years on those drugs. 

I am not sure if I would be considered a person with sleep problems before I was prescribed benzos, because the cause was from snoring.  Maybe my brain is just in a  habit that it cannot break.

NG

Hi all,

Happy to see some of us had a good sleep last night! Really glad for you. This must be a promising thing to read for the ones with poor sleep. It is possible to have your sleep improve slowly.

NG,  snoring would drive a deaf person nuts, so I fully understand why it messed up your sleep over the years 

Getting ready for your trip? How long will you be gone for? I hope all is going to go well. So many things to think or even worry about.

My sleep is back to normal after a one-off 8 hour one. It's now some 6,5 to 7 hours with one sanitary interlude. 

Try to enjoy your Wednesday. Spring is upon all of us living on the northern half of the globe. I've always loved this season the most. A time of hope, promise and new life.

Stay OK.

Trochsetter

Hi all. Just got a fitbit. I can't seem to get it to sync with bluetooth on my android. It's been 20 minutes with no change.  Will it work without that? I just want to track sleep.

What model FitBit did you buy drad dog? After talking to NG here, I bought the FitBit Sense. It does seem fairly accurate. I have an iPhone 8+. I had no issues pairing via Bluetooth. You need a device like a smartphone, tablet, PC, or laptop to view your sleep stats.

Good to hear you are still sleeping well TS.

@NG, I hear you. I have never been married, so I have never really had to deal with sleeping with someone in the same bed who snores loudly. I am a very light sleeper, and snoring would definitely impact my sleep negatively. Prior to benzos, I was not having issues sleeping, but I have never been a good sleeper. If I could get 6 hours of decent consistent sleep, it would make me a happy camper. I would love to get a good, consistent 7-8 hours tho. That would be a dream come true.

I hope HM is ok. I have not seen her around lately.

Sorry, to clarify, every night has been horrible for 4 years. Awakenings nightly. What sleep I do get is false sleep - just enough to prevent my body from dying. Of course I’ve had a nice sprinkling of about 10 normal nights of sleep, you know, just enough to give a little hope then stamp it right out. And so it goes, my friends.

Sorry your sleep has been so poor for so long...Maybe put a "Trigger Warning" on you posts so as to not scare newbies as your case is certainly not typical.

Do you have anyway to track what sleep you're actually getting?  Are you doing that?

How did you sleep after your first WD in 2008 and up and until you went back on again in 2017?

Are you currently on any Rx drugs for sleep or in general?

I have a FitBit that seems fairly accurate and matches what my sleep number bed says I am getting each night.

About 3 hours of combined REM and Deep and about 4 to 5 hours of light sleep each night...

After my first wd my sleep was amazing. I remember how deep and refreshing it was. I’m not on any Rx. I don’t have a sleep tracker.

AntiB - I’ve tried every herb, meditation, alt therapy, functional medicine doctor, etc. I’m not just waiting around.

My theory is that I have severe adrenal fatigue that’s perpetuated by stress and too much exercise.

Antibenzo: I got an Inspire 2. I got it set up and wore it last night but this morning it just showed I was asleep all night. No. I was up every few hours. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Antibenzo: I got an Inspire 2. I got it set up and wore it last night but this morning it just showed I was asleep all night. No. I was up every few hours. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Drad, is this what you have?

https://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-Inspire-Fitness-Tracker-Included/dp/B08DFGPTSK

Looks like a pretty good affordable fitness tracker with good reviews, but obviously is wrong if it says you were asleep all night and you know you were not. What kind of device are you using with it Drad?

DBM said>>>

After my first wd my sleep was amazing. I remember how deep and refreshing it was. I’m not on any Rx. I don’t have a sleep tracker.

AntiB - I’ve tried every herb, meditation, alt therapy, functional medicine doctor, etc. I’m not just waiting around.

My theory is that I have severe adrenal fatigue that’s perpetuated by stress and too much exercise.

Hmmmmm, weird sleep returned after the 1st detox but not the second.

Your sig says>>>

2nd) 2017: Back on meds due to extreme insomnia/derealization/extreme life stressors.

How are the life stressors now? You also said too much exercise. How much are you exercising?

DBM said>>>

Your sig says>>>

2nd) 2017: Back on meds due to extreme insomnia/derealization/extreme life stressors.

How are the life stressors now? You also said too much exercise. How much are you exercising?

Yes, that’s exactly what happened. It must be due to severe kindling. That’s all I can see. The life stressors are better. I went through a terrible work environment recently, but thankfully that job ended. I am able to take some time off without working. I’ve done heavy weightlifting and cardio beginning not long after the second wd started. I’ve battled with whether this is helpful or harmful for years now. I always seem to feel better working out, but it may have caused adrenal fatigue and may be prolonging the sleep issue. I have no idea. I wish I could find an expert on the adrenal fatigue to determine whether it’s causing my sleep problem.

I've lifted weights on and off most of my life and I'm 58.

I used to lift heavy too: 300+ on the bench for reps and 400+ squat and 500+ dead lift

I just go lighter these days and go for more reps and cardio...I also  do 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week along with lifting 6 days a week.

During WD, lifting jacked up my symptom intensity and ruined my sleep so I only walked...

Today, lifting and cardio have improved my sleep dramatically...

I am amazed that you can lift heavy weights on hardly any sleep and do cardio?

Maybe take a break from the heavy weights or lift and do cardio in the morning and see if that makes a difference?  I know if I lift after 5:00 pm, it takes a lot longer for me to fall asleep that night.

Good luck... :thumbsup:

DBM said>>>

Your sig says>>>

Yes, that’s exactly what happened. It must be due to severe kindling. That’s all I can see. The life stressors are better. I went through a terrible work environment recently, but thankfully that job ended. I am able to take some time off without working. I’ve done heavy weightlifting and cardio beginning not long after the second wd started. I’ve battled with whether this is helpful or harmful for years now. I always seem to feel better working out, but it may have caused adrenal fatigue and may be prolonging the sleep issue. I have no idea. I wish I could find an expert on the adrenal fatigue to determine whether it’s causing my sleep problem.

Hey dbm. I have been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue by 2 drs and 1 naturopath…. And that’s it. The naturopath gave me some herbs which to date havent really helped and the drs were zero help. So even if u are diagnosed it doesn’t mean they know how to fix it. X

I tried lemon balm tea last night and I slept a lot better, but after many rough nights maybe it was the perfect storm to get some. I’ll try it again tonight and see.

Stay strong x

My Fitbit says I had less sleep than I actually did last night. And other nights when I know I hardly sleep it says I’ve had more.

I usually only count rem and deep anyway.

Greetings everyone,

I am off for my trip to my mother's, tomorrow. Monday I will return.

Wishing everyone good sleep!

NG

Sorry to hear Xray. Hopefully tonight is better.

I did not wear the FitBit to bed last night, but I think I got in maybe 5 hours. I woke up once and had a really hard time getting back to sleep. I do not feel rested and anxiety is high this morning. I am about to go on a 6 mile stationary bike ride. Maybe, that will help me to feel a little better, IDK.

Try to enjoy your Friday everyone.

GM BenzoBuddies.......

I think I got between 5 and 6 hours last night. Again, I did not track with the FitBit. The sleep quality was less than average IMO. I am having some weird muscle aches and pains all over. Ugh--

Try to enjoy your Sat. everyone.

Good morning

I got about 4 hours of unbroken sleep last night. Don’t feel very rested. This is definitely turning out to be a lot harder than I thought when I went ct. On the bright side 4 hours is better than 3.

Yes...4 hours isn't ideal, but it's better than 3, 2, 1 or none!  :)

And that IS improvement... :thumbsup:

GM everyone. I slept ok according to the FitBit (over 6 hours) but feel crappy this morning from anxiety. I do feel like sleep was fairly good.

Try to enjoy your Sunday everyone.

[47...]