Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

Here's an interesting point to support that how you react to the sleep you got the night before can make a big difference.  I had a night last week where I swore I only got about 3.5 hours, but my FitBit said I got around 6 hours.  I thought I'd feel tired and off because of the lack of sleep, but actually felt "rested" and had energy to work out at the gym.  Now if I didn't have the FitBit telling me about 6 hours I could have easily went into, "I should feel like crap on 3.5 hours" of sleep, etc.

I chose to stay positive and be thankful regardless.

I am thankful for the sleep and feel rested from an adequate sleep perspective but the anxiety is still kicking my ass (pardon my french) for some strange reason this morning. Usually when I sleep good, I feel fairly good when I awake but not this morning....go figure!

I have been told by many PCPs and shrinks that I have one of the worst anxiety disorders they have ever seen in the past. I think it has actually gotten a little better with age but it was brutal in the very beginning and benzos had not even entered the pictured yet. :'(

Hello everybody,

Hope you all had a pleasant weekend.

That's a very interesting point you made there, theWay2. Your name says it all in fact, it's got a lot to do with the way we look at things. Some 2 years ago, in the depths of my despair,  I read an article by a psychologist, in which he stated the importance of not letting your situation impact your life too much. Don't completely and only focus on all of the misery. "Don't make it too important." I put that into practice straight away, in that I stopped my journaling! It was a life- changing step! It was the most important step towards getting my pre-benzo life back! I didn't let it dictate my life anymore. The issues were still there, believe you me,  but they were pushed to the background. The same goes for, in this case,  sleep. You thought your sleep wasn't good, and so would feel bad, while in fact, you had slept well and felt much better!

I know it sucks when sleep is bad night after night, but we are strong!  Stay positive and choose to live the life we deserve!Things will get better!

Have an enjoyable day everyone!

TS

Hi,

AB,  5 to 6 hours isn't bad! In fact it's good!

Sorry you are being troubled by anxiety!  Anxiety sucks big time! I've had my share. It can be absolutely crippling. I hope you'll start feeling less anxious asap!

Last week my sleep was a little iffy for a few nights,  but these last two were really goid again. More than 7 hours non-stop! So grateful!

Enjoy your Monday!

TS

Hi all, I am doing pretty awful... last 2 weeks i get between 2 and 4 hours, feel so tired i cant go places anymore, my kid had 2 weeks off and i wanted to do fun stuff the weekends but we only did one sunday 2 weeks ago, that was the last night that i was well rested. Cant believe i had such an ok window for over 8 weeks, it got a bit bad the 2nd part of March, then worse and worse over April...

A bunch of symptoms from the start of the wave have gone now, myoclonic shoulder jerks, nose clicks, certain types of hypnic things, since a few days chemical anxiety and DP/DR are faded (hope they dontbcome back around period)...

What i am left with is the insomnia that seems to get worse and the hypnic head thump sounds. After acute those were the last things to too go, although the head thumps were never that bad in acute and the sleep was even worse .

Think i wont update until i am doing better again.. really hope this will be my first and last wave and was triggered by deparasite pills and coming off birth control pills, hope soon my body will have it worked out again and willl let me sleep again.

You control how this affects you, you can go places...you just don't think you should be able to because you are getting between 2 and 4 hours of sleep each night...

Don't let insomnia control your life.  Give insomnia the middle finger.  You are in charge, not the insomnia.  Regardless of whether you stay home or do what you want to do, it won't change the amount of sleep you got the night before.  Live your life to the fullest!

Your sleep will even out again for sure...I know it will! :thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

FitBit says 4.5 hours of fair sleep quality. It sure does not feel like it tho. Ugh...

Glad to hear TS your sleep is back on track.

@heyilona, try not to despair. I know how awful lack of sleep over a long period of time can impact your quality of life. Getting off all psychiatric drugs is not going to magically make our lives better. If you think about it, the reason we all started these drugs is bc our lives were not going all that great to begin with. The drugs do make things a lot worse in the end I will admit, even non-addictive drugs. You are always much better off if you can cope with life and all the bad things life sometimes throws your way w/o taking the drugs to numb and block unpleasant feelings. Please continue to drop in from time to time, whether you are feeling good or bad. It always helps to vent sometimes and talk to others who can empathize.

It's only my fifth night doing this so maybe that has something to do with it but my fitbit is not giving me good info. I wake up every hour or two no matter what. It just doesn't seem to be able to recognize what happens after a couple of hours.

I am not sure how accurate the FitBit is @ drad. At times, mine seems fairly accurate and at not as accurate other times so iDK. Are you wearing it tight enough on your wrist? I have to loosen the band during the day bc it starts to irritate my wrist. I also alternate between the right and left wrists to reduce the irritation. Most ppl I know don't even wear wristwatches anymore bc virtually everyone has a smartphone now.

GM everyone. I got about 6 hours last night and the quality was good but my back is hurting really bad this morning. Ugh--

Try to enjoy your Tuesday everyone.

Hello all,

AB,  Congrats on a good sleep!

Hopefully your backpain is going to be short-lived.

My sleep wasn't good. Had a sore throat, probably hay-fever. Spent half the night clearing my throat. Woke up at 5,45 am and couldn't get back to sleep again. Oh well, what can you do...

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Trochsetter

7 hours 34 minutes for me last night according to my FitBit

1:32 REM, 1:37 DEEP and 4:25 LIGHT Sleep....

I've been averaging over 7 hours every night for a few years now with an occasional off night every few months!

GM TS,

Yep, what can you do. Life will never be perfect. There will always be hurdles to overcome for as long as we are alive. I am about to get on the floor and do some stretches for my lower back.

My brother had a bad case of hay-fever last week, but I think he is mostly over it now. It made him miserable for several days tho.

Hope better sleep comes your way tonight TS.

7 hours 34 minutes for me last night according to my FitBit

1:32 REM, 1:37 DEEP and 4:25 LIGHT Sleep....

I've been averaging over 7 hours every night for a few years now with an occasional off night every few months!

Good to hear ThEwAy2. That sounds like good restorative sleep that makes you ready to take on the day along with having the energy to do it.  :)

Thanks AB,

Yes, I feel good and have lots of energy.  I go to the gym everyday for about 90 minutes.  50 minutes of weights and 35 minutes of Cardio and I get through it easily.

That's why I trust my FitBit numbers, not only do they closely match my Sleep Number Bed results, but I feel good...

Wow TheWay2,

That's so great!  Almost the sleep of a newborn...Congratulations! 

AB,  I took a walk just now,  but my back didn't like it one bit! I felt stiff in my lower and middle back. Normally things improve during a walk, but not so tonight. Funny, I do that too when my back hurts. Getting on the floor, that is. Helps me most of the time. There have been periods a few years back, where I spent many an hour on the floor. Ugh!

Taking a short bike ride does the trick too every now and then.

Hope a good sleep is going to be the answer.

TS

Good morning,

I only got about 2 broken hours of sleep night. I was so hopeful after the previous night being a food 5 hours of restful sleep. Yesterday was the best day I’ve had so far and now I’m back in thick of it again. I hope everybody else slept food last night.

Good afternoon,

Xray,  sorry your sleep wasn't up to standards last night. But better nights are always just one day away!

My sleep was unbroken from 11.30 pm until 6 am. After that no more sleep.  But the snoozing was nice.

Try to have an enjoyable Wednesday.

TS

Good morning,

I only got about 2 broken hours of sleep night. I was so hopeful after the previous night being a food 5 hours of restful sleep. Yesterday was the best day I’ve had so far and now I’m back in thick of it again. I hope everybody else slept food last night.

Xray,

The most difficult part of this journey is the up/down nonlinear nature of healing and recovery.  It makes no sense to get 5 hours one night and then 2 hours the next, but that's exactly how sleep returns for most.  Many (myself included) went on a pattern of some sleep one night and then zero the next.

Do your best to control your thoughts and emotions around sleep.  2 hours isn't much, but it's still better than zero! Just saying...

Your sleep will definitely even out over time and the 5 hour night is proof of that...

Hang in there, as TS said, a better night could be one night away!  :thumbsup:

TS

Thanks...it's so nice to get refreshing sleep every night w/o having to wonder if it will come or not...

Good day everyone,

It's good to see everyone is getting some sleep!

My trip went well with no fires or storms in our path. 

My 44 year old washing machine died two days before we left, so today a new one is being delivered.  I was happy it didn't take weeks to get one.

My sleep was so so. Last night was a little over five hours.  REM was 24 minutes and Deep was 36 mins. 

Take care,

NG

Hi nightengale,

So nice to see you back from your trip. I hope your mom was still doing OK.

Good luck with the new washing machine. This one most likely is not going to live for 44 years! The new stuff is made to break down the day after the warranty expires...

Five hours of sleep certainly isn't bad. Some people would kill for that...

The garden didn't do itself while you where gone, I suppose. Everything is growing like mad atm. So, have fun with that!

TS

Glad your trip went ok NG and happy to see you back. We also need a new washing machine NG. The old one still works, but it is falling apart. LOL

My sleep was unbroken from 11.30 pm until 6 am. After that no more sleep.  But the snoozing was nice.

That sounds pretty good to me TS. :thumbsup:

I got a little less than 6 hours according to the FitBit. It says the quality was fair and I would agree with that. I feel fairly ok this morning. Back pain has eased off a little, but it will probably return like it has been doing lately. Ugh--

Enjoy your day everyone.

Good day everyone,

AB, not quite six hours is good. Feeling better is a plus.  Hopefully the back pain doesn't return. 

TS, thanks, it is good to be back! Everything that needs done is waiting on me.

My mother is doing fine, thanks. I took her on a countryside drive to her other farmland and then to the cemetery, that sits on a rolling hill above her home and land.  My great great grandparents chose that place to bury their 9 year old daughter, after she died from influenza. Others in the community asked if their family members could be buried there, because the town/community had no cemetery. The land was eventually donated by my family to the town. 

The new washer was delivered yesterday but the delivery person wanted the old valves/faucets replaced, as they were corroded and would most likely leak after installation was complete.  Our son came last night and did that.  I was going to call a plumber, but he would not have it.  The delivery guys will be back Saturday to finish the job of hooking up the washer and removing the old one.  The washer is sitting in the garage where they left it.  I am running out of clothes!

I slept a little less than seven hours last night!

NG

Good to hear your son the handyman was able to save you some dollars NG. Does your mother live alone? I assume your dad is dead. Where did you buy the new washer? I have used Best Buy in the past, but I am thinking about Lowes or Home Depot this time. Did you buy a front or top load machine, NG?

Little < than 7 hours of sleep sounds pretty good to me. :thumbsup:

I was not as fortunate. An earlier nap during the day ruined my nighttime sleep. I think I may have gotten 3 hours tops and it was not good quality sleep.

[8f...]