The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey everyone,

Not a great day for me either mood wise. I'm blaming the full moon on this 🤬

I didn't feel like doing anything and felt tired. I can't even read my book without my eyes closing :tickedoff: just a crummy day 😝 tomorrow will be better for all of us I hope 🤞🙏

Sending my buddies peace and healing.

Love to all,

TT, ♥️

:mybuddy: :mybuddy:

Im tired too tt,

I did see a full.moon last night. I woke up in the middle of the night. It was beautiful! Never fell back too sleep. Walking zombie all day. Jim thinks there is something wrong with me. Ya think!!

Lol. Peace and healing to all. Tomorrow is another day and hoping we all get some relief. I was just watching this video by a giy named dave powers. It was called feel8ng bad after a window or something like that. Surprisingly i was lmaf. Not becuz its a good thing but he describes it perfectly and rhe way we react when it happens. Omg. To funny :laugh:

Im tired too tt,

I did see a full.moon last night. I woke up in the middle of the night. It was beautiful! Never fell back too sleep. Walking zombie all day. Jim thinks there is something wrong with me. Ya think!!

Lol. Peace and healing to all. Tomorrow is another day and hoping we all get some relief. I was just watching this video by a giy named dave powers. It was called feel8ng bad after a window or something like that. Surprisingly i was lmaf. Not becuz its a good thing but he describes it perfectly and rhe way we react when it happens. Omg. To funny :laugh:

My mother says I've always gotten through everything in life by finding the funny side of it. I'll try the same with bwd.

I'll check that one out Suzy. Dave powers.

Good morning LHSG sad to see everyone struggling.Can't say l am surprised l think to get off these drugs we have to endure a lot of weird and wonderful symptoms.l have to say it ain't easy however it is doable for most people.l have never had a period of time when this has been easy or symptomless however l have always remained rational and kept myself grounded.l can't change how this feels so my only option is to accept it.l think it has lifted a lot of the frustration and fear out of my withdrawal.I know that is easier said than done however to me it has helped me more than anything else.l know it is a struggle everyday for us all however it won't last forever.Stay strong my lovely friends remember this will pass.love to you all.Xo

Well folks l am at Sis's house she is settling in well a few blips last night so we will see how today goes.l probably won't be on very much however l will drop in when l can.Thinking of you and willing you on.

Love and hugs Stut X

Well folks

After more than 2 weeks of flu, I have gradually come out of it and am feeling a bit better.  Stut, you were right, it gradually improved.  I updosed very slightly, and now am slowly starting back down.  It seems to me when dependent on these drugs, even if holding, our bodies are operating on a delicate balance of neurotransmitters and benzo levels.  Anything different like sickness, or getting over tired, not not sleeping right etc can easily throw things out of wack and now you got symptoms. We won’t feel right until we’re finally off I’m afraid.  In the meantime let’s try to live life and be careful, and we will make it!  Thousands of others have!

I hope you all see some better times soon.  Take care!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Sorry.you had the flu. Omg! I am glad you are starting to feel better. Its always one step forward two.back or three or more. Dam benzos. We will get there it is sure slow but we will heal. Ly dd

Hi Stut!!

It is good to hear from you. Glad sis is getting better. Poor thing.  :-[ I hope you are ok. We miss you and let us know.how you are doimg when you can

Love Suzy

Well folks l am at Sis's house she is settling in well a few blips last night so we will see how today goes.l probably won't be on very much however l will drop in when l can.Thinking of you and willing you on.

Love and hugs Stut X

I'm glad your sister is home.  Willing you on as well.

Hi everyone,

Just popping in to say hi. Hope everypne is ok. It is very wuiet hear today. I figured i would post before Mary calls the Police on is.  ;D I am ok just the muscle pain. I colored my hair myself today. I am not sure I lile it but it beats what it looked like before. For once i didnt turn it orange. Lol.

Suzy I'm sure you look gorgeous. You sound like a gorgeous woman. I have light brown hair and have had very blond highlights for most of my life but my hair used to be dark blond and now it's dark/dull brown and the highlights look like old lady look, besides I have more gray hairs now so I'm not liking it as much. So I'm thinking of dyeing the whole thing blond but really blond. They say blonds have more fun so I could really have a fun version of withdrawal. I hope Trishy can assess my with this. Is withdrawal more fun as a blond? I'm really looking forward to having more fun in my life, for God's sake.

Hi everyone, by the number of absences here I'm assuming we're all feeling like crap or we've met Ryan Gosling. I definitely haven't met him today and I hope nobody else has. I'm too selfish.

I really hope we all find some relief with this. I have woken up wanting to die and the day somehow unfolded into something better. I really think listening to Eckhart and Oprah podcasts "a new earth" is helping me tremendously. Good night and good afternoon to the ones over there. Take care.

I was just thinking, to those on klonopin, would a cross over to valium be super traumatic? At least with valium they don't keep changing the generics constantly. Just a thought.

Mary my muscles are very crappy. I thought mental symptoms would be enough to learn the lesson that drugs are bad, but no. I hope you get some relief from the hold but it sure takes time. Since july my muscles are more or less the same. I no longer have jelly legs but the back pain is awful.

Stutt, I'm glad you're taking a break from BBs, sometimes it's necessary. I'm sooooo looking forward to see you walking off this drug and starting to heal and feel much better. Maybe you go back to work and nurse a millionaire who could launch a cruise, a private one for us long holders.

Love and healing to all, Final, Olive K, Bill, Intend, Gilly where are you?, Guinea Pig, Lookinup, Dragonfly, and anyone else I might be forgetting. We will all walk off one sweet day, let's hold that thought (when we can).

Hey Janice!

My hair is brown too. I always got highlights. Its hard to keep up with in wd. Just sitting patiently while it takes forever to get it d9ne. My hair was looking faded with some grays. Ah a mess. So i just got a color medium ash blonde. It looks pretty dark but it will fade. It is semi permanent. I want my highlights. I think of the way i walk arond looking these days and i never would have beforw. Lol. I am glad the day turned around for you. I have days i wake up so bad and after a few hrs Im in a pretty good mood. The morning pain doesnt help. I really hope it doesn't last to much longer for us pain ppl. Omg. Looking forward to the day we are off this crap. No more tapering, a dream come true. Enjoy your night and hoping tomorrow is better for us all. Love Suzy

Hey Janice!

My hair is brown too. I always got highlights. Its hard to keep up with in wd. Just sitting patiently while it takes forever to get it d9ne. My hair was looking faded with some grays. Ah a mess. So i just got a color medium ash blonde. It looks pretty dark but it will fade. It is semi permanent. I want my highlights. I think of the way i walk arond looking these days and i never would have beforw. Lol. I am glad the day turned around for you. I have days i wake up so bad and after a few hrs Im in a pretty good mood. The morning pain doesnt help. I really hope it doesn't last to much longer for us pain ppl. Omg. Looking forward to the day we are off this crap. No more tapering, a dream come true. Enjoy your night and hoping tomorrow is better for us all. Love Suzy

Love to you too Suzy. The pain in my case is the longest to improve, however I will take the pain over the fear anytime. The fear is the worst in my particular withdrawal. You mean you got a package of blond and dyed it? I only did that once in my life when I was 19 and I've never looked better, but  of course, I was 19  :-\ Gnight Suzy. Going to watch big brother gossip. They fired the italian hottie and now everyone's waiting to see if when the girl comes out they'll be together or not. Very exciting  ;)

Me too Janice,

Oh I hate thw mental sx..ugh. The pain is bad but the mental stufg is scareee!!! I usually dont color my hair either. I just figured I eould try and I could not look at it anymore. It came out really dark. It looks good, but once yoy have the highlights its hard to live without them.  :laugh: Have a wonderful nigjt and enjoy the show!! Sounds like a good episode!!! 🙋‍♀️

Me too Janice,

Oh I hate thw mental sx..ugh. The pain is bad but the mental stufg is scareee!!! I usually dont color my hair either. I just figured I eould try and I could not look at it anymore. It came out really dark. It looks good, but once yoy have the highlights its hard to live without them.  :laugh: Have a wonderful nigjt and enjoy the show!! Sounds like a good episode!!! 🙋‍♀️

:smitten::thumbsup:

Suzy I'm sure you look gorgeous. You sound like a gorgeous woman. I have light brown hair and have had very blond highlights for most of my life but my hair used to be dark blond and now it's dark/dull brown and the highlights look like old lady look, besides I have more gray hairs now so I'm not liking it as much. So I'm thinking of dyeing the whole thing blond but really blond. They say blonds have more fun so I could really have a fun version of withdrawal. I hope Trishy can assess my with this. Is withdrawal more fun as a blond? I'm really looking forward to having more fun in my life, for God's sake.

Hi everyone, by the number of absences here I'm assuming we're all feeling like crap or we've met Ryan Gosling. I definitely haven't met him today and I hope nobody else has. I'm too selfish.

I really hope we all find some relief with this. I have woken up wanting to die and the day somehow unfolded into something better. I really think listening to Eckhart and Oprah podcasts "a new earth" is helping me tremendously. Good night and good afternoon to the ones over there. Take care.

I was just thinking, to those on klonopin, would a cross over to valium be super traumatic? At least with valium they don't keep changing the generics constantly. Just a thought.

Mary my muscles are very crappy. I thought mental symptoms would be enough to learn the lesson that drugs are bad, but no. I hope you get some relief from the hold but it sure takes time. Since july my muscles are more or less the same. I no longer have jelly legs but the back pain is awful.

Stutt, I'm glad you're taking a break from BBs, sometimes it's necessary. I'm sooooo looking forward to see you walking off this drug and starting to heal and feel much better. Maybe you go back to work and nurse a millionaire who could launch a cruise, a private one for us long holders.

Love and healing to all, Final, Olive K, Bill, Intend, Gilly where are you?, Guinea Pig, Lookinup, Dragonfly, and anyone else I might be forgetting. We will all walk off one sweet day, let's hold that thought (when we can).

Hey VNM, I can tell you first hand blondes do not have more fun in benzo withdrawal but other things 🤔... Well we could talk 😂😂 I was born blonde and was blonde all my life but now I have to buy my blonde bc my hair started to turn white. Yes white not gray. I'm 56 yrs old and I'm I'll dye my hair for the rest of my life.  :)

I have read every ekchart Tolle book he ever wrote and for awhile it worked until it didn't. When I became a Christian I threw his books out and only read the Bible. I know a lot of people like him and if he helps you I'm glad bc if we can find any peace during this horrible process then all the better. Oprah?? I stopped watching her too. I was a super souler for years and I watched her life classes with Eckhart but she left Christianity for more new age beliefs, beliefs that I left behind. That's just me though, many people love her and she helps many. So God bless her for all that she does for others.

It's been so quiet here lately. I haven't been on much at all I just peek in when I can. I hope you're doing well and I think you should just go wild with some new blonde locks  ;)  :laugh:

Trish ♥️

Hello LHSG'ers it looks like a ghost town here👻 hope all who haunt these parts are doing well. Miss my buddies and hope to catch up with a lot of you soon.

Peace, healing and lots of love to all,

TT too many T'S, Trish ♥️

Twin! Miss you! Hope all is going well with sis. Sending you strength and healing hugs!

Love you tiny Irish woman,

LST♥️

Mary, I hope that pain is giving you a break. I hope to see a post from you soon on how you're feeling.

Love you girlfriend,

TT ♥️

I've thought occassionally of crossing to Valium but I do think it would be too traumatic for me and I've been able to keep the same generic all the way through my taper so far.  My doctor specifically asks for my brand and the pharmacy orders it. 

The mental symtoms have been the worst for me but I know Clonzapam is known for causing depression and anxiety.  Plus as long as I'm at this dose, which is equivalent to 10mgs of Valium, I will feel the side effects of the medication.  I'm holding now after my last cut and will wait to stabilize more.

I bought a box of hair dye and need to make some touch ups soon. 

Wishing everyone a better day tomorrow.  I was able to take a walk today and hopefully will get one in tomorrow as well. 

Final

The way these cramps in my legs are im ready to cross over right now. I dont think my body could handle it either fh. To many changes. Glad your doing your hair too! Glad you are holding a bit. I still have to make that drink. Shoot. Benzo brain. Hope you all get some good sleep tonight and keep praying for windows! Lovve dd

The way these cramps in my legs are im ready to cross over right now. I dont think my body could handle it either fh. To many changes. Glad your doing your hair too! Glad you are holding a bit. I still have to make that drink. Shoot. Benzo brain. Hope you all get some good sleep tonight and keep praying for windows! Lovve dd

Suzy, after you held on 1mg k for one month, you still weren't feeling well and you cut to 0.80 at the end of September. As you've cut while you still had severe symptoms, it should take a long hold to feel stable I think. Were you forced to cut in September? I would really hold tight now. And the cut from 1 to. 80 was a 20%which is a big cut, especially considering you already had bad symptoms. I really hope you can hold for as long as it takes to feel better. As you do have some windows, I hope in holding you will start having some more windows and gradually feeling better. Five months is not such a long hold if your CNS has been very destabilized as is our case. Look at olive kitty, she held 18 months, gardener held one year, begood updosed and then held 9/12 months she says. I hope you wake up feeling better and blonder today Suzy  :smitten:

Trishy thank you for all this blonde advice! Mmmmm, I was hoping withdrawal would become more fun if I turned blonder. What a downer! Maybe red hair would do the trick? I doubt it. Yes, I think you're right. I'm at an age where I have a right to get the blonde dye and not only the highlights. My hairdresser always talks me out of it because she says with my color, highlights look good and more natural. But I don't want to look natural anymore, I just want to see blonde blonde blonde, and like I tell her, with the darkening of my hair over the years, my head is no longer blonde enough. She says it is but no, it isn't.

Trishy it's true this is a bit like ghost town lately. I guess people need a break.

As for eckhart vs Jesus, I think it's all compatible and we need to do what's working for us like you say. We need all the help we can get. At the end it's all a search for inner peace, one way or another.

Final I'm glad you could enjoy your walk. Those little moments are the ones we strongly need to hang on to.

Hi Janice,

I know I cut to fast. I bit pieced off not mich one the 1 mg activis k.  So I couldnt use builders plan. Do Jim was angry and somehow i.ended up on .80. So it sedmed to be improving not perfect  then I was switched to teva generic k. That det me back more. Now thr muscle pain feels worse and cant bear weight on my hips. I really cant walk very long because everything spasms in low back down into my legs and pins and needles in feet. So i just keep holding. Sometimes i feel like my body hates this drug and i need to get it out of me. I know i cant.

Do your hair blonde!!! I bet you will look gorgeous. Thete are all different tones that could match your skintone. Mine is to dark now but it looks better. But my skin is pretty fair. Im italian and i have no idea why my skin is so light. So blonde looks goid but not to blonde. Mine always turns this orangy gold color and i font like it. Hey we all have to try and look somewhat good thru this wf. It can bring you down ehen you look in the mirror and look nothing like your old self. I hope you have a good day! Even if it starts bad it can turnaround. Love u Suzy

Hi Janice,

I know I cut to fast. I bit pieced off not mich one the 1 mg activis k.  So I couldnt use builders plan. Do Jim was angry and somehow i.ended up on .80. So it sedmed to be improving not perfect  then I was switched to teva generic k. That det me back more. Now thr muscle pain feels worse and cant bear weight on my hips. I really cant walk very long because everything spasms in low back down into my legs and pins and needles in feet. So i just keep holding. Sometimes i feel like my body hates this drug and i need to get it out of me. I know i cant.

Do your hair blonde!!! I bet you will look gorgeous. Thete are all different tones that could match your skintone. Mine is to dark now but it looks better. But my skin is pretty fair. Im italian and i have no idea why my skin is so light. So blonde looks goid but not to blonde. Mine always turns this orangy gold color and i font like it. Hey we all have to try and look somewhat good thru this wf. It can bring you down ehen you look in the mirror and look nothing like your old self. I hope you have a good day! Even if it starts bad it can turnaround. Love u Suzy

Suzy dear I hope Jim stays out of your tapering decisions in the future. He knows nothing about benzos and you already know a lot. Besides, you're the one who has to deal with the consequences of a tapering decision and not him. I'm praying that you find a better doctor so that there's someone else on your side in this.

[c5...]