The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

MARY!!!! So good to see you!  I hope your doing ok.

I looked up that lady on YouTube and I watched only one video on controlling your thoughts- mind/body connection and LOVED it.  She said some really great things and shared some of her coping skills.  I was inspired.  It made me think of how people with cancer use that tool.  I believe so much of that.  I have a friend I’ve known for 22 years who is currently going through recovery from Leukemia.  And this man posts the most positive posts on FB.  Songs, prayers, messages.  And I have PM’d him to send him well wishes and just the fight of spirit he has.  Now if he can walk through THAT I can get through this.  This is a walk in the park compared to that.  There is always something to be grateful.  One day we are going to look back at this and think that our experience will help others and it will make us stronger and more beautiful human beings.  This IS the labor pains of a new life.  I’m not a mom so I have no idea what labor is like but maybe this is just one long labor with contractions every minute 🥴.  We just don’t have the damn baby 👶 yet. 

Love to you all

~meems

MARY!!!! So good to see you!  I hope your doing ok.

I looked up that lady on YouTube and I watched only one video on controlling your thoughts- mind/body connection and LOVED it.  She said some really great things and shared some of her coping skills.  I was inspired.  It made me think of how people with cancer use that tool.  I believe so much of that.  I have a friend I’ve known for 22 years who is currently going through recovery from Leukemia.  And this man posts the most positive posts on FB.  Songs, prayers, messages.  And I have PM’d him to send him well wishes and just the fight of spirit he has.  Now if he can walk through THAT I can get through this.  This is a walk in the park compared to that.  There is always something to be grateful.  One day we are going to look back at this and think that our experience will help others and it will make us stronger and more beautiful human beings.  This IS the labor pains of a new life.  I’m not a mom so I have no idea what labor is like but maybe this is just one long labor with contractions every minute 🥴.  We just don’t have the damn baby 👶 yet. 

Love to you all

~meems

Hey Meems!!  I sometimes think that maybe reason we are here and going through this, and that is to help others.  If there were more of us out there, maybe there will eventually be fewer suffering.  I hope so.  :smitten: :smitten:

Oh wow fh,

I definately have that. I will he making that drink!!

Thx dd

It takes a while DD to feel a difference.  For me it was about 2 1/2 weeks. 

Hey Guys, miss you all.  So good to see you supporting each other and all the newbies  :smitten: :smitten:    Bill, I am so sorry you got so sick but very glad you are pulling out of it.

I couldn't read much, no Trishy I refuse to tell you my birthday  :laugh:  Let's not discuss how I feel.

There is a woman in begood's Village that is a healer and she is going to spit on me, no spit for you, the line is already long and she is getting dehydrated  :D.  But you can all knock on woood for me  :smitten: :smitten: 

Stut, hope you are okay my Queen, wasn't able to read much.  You know I love you very much.

Lady Mary x the hen. :laugh: :laugh:  I did run off the real woman that was flirting with Joe  ;D

Pet all babies for me.  Hoping sis has improved.  Mary 💚💚💚💚

Mary, it's good to see you here.  Are you feeling all tight?

I crashed at 2 mg. I had symptoms I never had, so I thought it was another illness. Finally realized, 2 months in. In really bad shape. I updosed 10 days ago. This also has issues, but I think the updose was a good move. Some people say start dlmt at 2 weeks to avoid tolerance. I’m no where near stable. Should I extend that hold until I feel a little better? I hear both viewpoints and don’t know what to think. I’ve read it can take up to 3 months after updosing to feel stable again.

So do you drink it in the morning and right before you go to bed?

I drink my mine at 10am and 4 or 5pm.  I tried once closer to bedtime but  the juice was heavy on my stomach. I have read of people doing it closer to bedtime.

I first tried 10 and 2 but moved the afternoon drink a little later.  I think you can experiment.

Hey Guys, miss you all.  So good to see you supporting each other and all the newbies  :smitten: :smitten:    Bill, I am so sorry you got so sick but very glad you are pulling out of it.

I couldn't read much, no Trishy I refuse to tell you my birthday  :laugh:  Let's not discuss how I feel.

There is a woman in begood's Village that is a healer and she is going to spit on me, no spit for you, the line is already long and she is getting dehydrated  :D.  But you can all knock on woood for me  :smitten: :smitten: 

Stut, hope you are okay my Queen, wasn't able to read much.  You know I love you very much.

Lady Mary x the hen. :laugh: :laugh:  I did run off the real woman that was flirting with Joe  ;D

Mary, it's good to see you here.  Are you feeling all tight?

Hey FH, had a better day, really hoping the same for tomorrow, knock on wood for me.  I read you are getting those classes marked off!  Good job.  LY, Mary 💜💜

I crashed at 2 mg. I had symptoms I never had, so I thought it was another illness. Finally realized, 2 months in. In really bad shape. I updosed 10 days ago. This also has issues, but I think the updose was a good move. Some people say start dlmt at 2 weeks to avoid tolerance. I’m no where near stable. Should I extend that hold until I feel a little better? I hear both viewpoints and don’t know what to think. I’ve read it can take up to 3 months after updosing to feel stable again.

Morning Magnolia this is about getting you stabilised and that can take a long time.Withdrawal symptoms will settle down however you may find you can feel worse before things begin to settle.Sadly there isn't a quick fix and this takes time and a lot of patience.We are all in tolerance and as unpleasant as tolerance can be for some withdrawal is a lot worse.Even if you are dealing with tolerance your withdrawal symptoms will settle down.You perhaps won't ever be symptomless however they will be more manageable and that is what you are looking for.Just stay where you are for now and let your brain catch up with all the changes.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

I am in a hurry this morning as Sis is getting home today so will be looking after her for the next few days.

. Morning Janice fight for your daughter honey the good thing is she is at an age where she can articulate what she wants and hopefully they will listen to her.l know she has you to fight her corner and that is enough.Stay strong my lovely.love to you.X

. Morning Twiny you should know my birthday 😕. Don't you be worrying l will be sending you a long list of pressie requests 😱.How are you doing my lovely and when is your trip to NY?I hope your wee grandkid is ok? love you my lST X

Morning lady Mary and the dead arose and appeared to many 😍💐. Where the hell have you been?Do you not know l worry about you?I hope you are turning a corner sweetheart? You are doing everything you can now let time sort out the rest.You will get there.Why oh why would you chase the hussy away l thought we were going to get rid of him 🤢. Now don't do that again l have to get off this damn rack some time.😜 Now keep posting and let us know how you are honey.love you my lady Mary HenX.

Intend,Meems, Suzy, Final, Bill,Free, Gardie, Valley, Gilly ,Lost and all here thinking of you and hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.Love to you all.X

Lots of love and hugs to you Stutt. I hope having your sister at home gives you some sense of routine again, from which your brain can find some peace and stabilize from the last cut. It's really difficult to stabilize under stress. I don't know if it's impossible though, as there are no studies on that as far as I know. During stressful times our symptoms rev up, however, are we still recovering in spite of the worsening of symptoms or is recovery put on hold or even set back during stressful times. If so, I never know when I will recover given my fun life, and the same would go for you lately.

Magnolis I endorse everything that Stutt said. My story is similar to yours. Holding for four months now. I ended up in this terrible crash due to fear of "tolerance withdrawal" so extended on fb groups and here on BBs. If I hadn't listened to that, I'd be tapering smoothly and I'd probably be off by now. Instead, here I am, back at 2.5 and probably facing a year long hold, or more, and years of tapering due to how badly the crash has messed up my CNS. So I would undoubtedly hold if I were you.

Have a great day everyone. We have this ONE life. Let's try to live it in spite of everything . Love to all this group. I couldn't be making it without you.

Lots of love and hugs to you Stutt. I hope having your sister at home gives you some sense of routine again, from which your brain can find some peace and stabilize from the last cut. It's really difficult to stabilize under stress. I don't know if it's impossible though, as there are no studies on that as far as I know. During stressful times our symptoms rev up, however, are we still recovering in spite of the worsening of symptoms or is recovery put on hold or even set back during stressful times. If so, I never know when I will recover given my fun life, and the same would go for you lately.

Magnolis I endorse everything that Stutt said. My story is similar to yours. Holding for four months now. I ended up in this terrible crash due to fear of "tolerance withdrawal" so extended on fb groups and here on BBs. If I hadn't listened to that, I'd be tapering smoothly and I'd probably be off by now. Instead, here I am, back at 2.5 and probably facing a year long hold, or more, and years of tapering due to how badly the crash has messed up my CNS. So I would undoubtedly hold if I were you.

Have a great day everyone. We have this ONE life. Let's try to live it in spite of everything . Love to all this group. I couldn't be making it without you.

Morning Janice in my view l think stress definitely induces waves however l don't believe it stops us healing.This is definitely not very well researched so l can only give my viewpoint.l know we will recover it just takes sooo long and it is frustrating.

Just do what you can my lovely.You are a strong lady and you will get through this.l don't doubt that for one minute.

I don't believe it is possible to live a stress free life.Life has a habit of biting us all on the ass.love you and please don't lose hope.X

Morning Janice in my view l think stress definitely induces waves however l don't believe it stops us healing.This is definitely not very well researched so l can only give my viewpoint.l know we will recover it just takes sooo long and it is frustrating.

Just do what you can my lovely.You are a strong lady and you will get through this.l don't doubt that for one minute.

I don't believe it is possible to live a stress free life.Life has a habit of biting us all on the ass.love you and please don't lose hope.X

Yes, but it bites some asses more than others. Have a good day Stutt. Try to find three or five ten minute breaks to just relax and be still (eckhart dixit :laugh:). Love and infinite gratitude to you.

“Let is spend one day as deliberately as nature and not be thrown off track by every nutshell and mosquitos wing that falls on the rails” , Henry David Thoreau.

Love to you all ❤️

~meems

Hi everyone I'm brand new to this all. I am currently holding my dose, but I'm scared to death bc I have 1 month supply and then nothing. my prescribing Dr I don't think will take me back bc I tried rehab and detox info below, alsomy Dr is 6 hrs away and I don't drive due to vision loss. I keep calling Dr's. Psychiatrists, everyone I can find and I'm getting no return calls and or facilities that only offer inpatient rapid taper. I don't know what to do and wonder if I should try to start tapering b4 I run out? if I have to go to other sources for meds I'll only have Xanax and I fear that may be a worst idea. I need lots of guidance. Thank you!

Dragonflywings, I am sooooo sorry you are going through this.  Do you have a Dept of mental health services in Texas?  Maybe they can help?  Can you call the rehab you were at?  Outpatient care? 

My best to you,

~meems

Woops sorry you said the rehab only offers impatient care.  Benzo brain.  I would just say F it and call former prescriber.  Especially if you have history of seizures.  That can be very serious. 

Hi Dragonfly,

Did you call your dr and see if he would yake you back? I would def try. Maybe you could tell  your fr how fast you were tapeted and you are strugglimg. You could say yhat you habe bern on them a very long time and at detox it was way too fast and your suffering. Maybe he will let you do and sloe taper with him oe her. Sorry.. could you yry. If it were me i would def do that.

Hi Meems,

I get that to. Though lately ive been sleeping like crazy. A deep sleep. I dont know how it happened. I wake in the morning and thek the shskiness starts. I jolt up if i take a nap or if i am reading  at night. I just pass out and get jolted up with trembling and palps. Ugh. It is crazy!! I am sorry you are under stress witj your mom. My mom would put me over the edge. Omg. Its always good to go to the dr and have a physical and see your levels. 8 should too. Feel better. Ly dd

Hey Suzy Q,

Ya know when I was on 2 mgs of Xanax I'd always get that jolt! I'd wake up in a panic with my heart thumping a mile a minute. I have to say as I got lower in my dose that largely stopped. Thank God bc that's absolutely awful. 😜

TT♥️

You know I'll find out one way or another.. Oh INTEND, INTEND WHEN IS MARY'S BIRTHDAY?  You know she'll tell me if she knows, she'll want you to have a b day bash here. You either tell me or I'll pick a day for you!  :tickedoff:

Love you, glad to see you posted and I'll just say I hope you're feeling better I won't ask per your request.  ;)

TT too many T'S twice as many at times 😉♥️♥️

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

I am in a hurry this morning as Sis is getting home today so will be looking after her for the next few days.

. Morning Janice fight for your daughter honey the good thing is she is at an age where she can articulate what she wants and hopefully they will listen to her.l know she has you to fight her corner and that is enough.Stay strong my lovely.love to you.X

. Morning Twiny you should know my birthday 😕. Don't you be worrying l will be sending you a long list of pressie requests 😱.How are you doing my lovely and when is your trip to NY?I hope your wee grandkid is ok? love you my lST X

Morning lady Mary and the dead arose and appeared to many 😍💐. Where the hell have you been?Do you not know l worry about you?I hope you are turning a corner sweetheart? You are doing everything you can now let time sort out the rest.You will get there.Why oh why would you chase the hussy away l thought we were going to get rid of him 🤢. Now don't do that again l have to get off this damn rack some time.😜 Now keep posting and let us know how you are honey.love you my lady Mary HenX.

Intend,Meems, Suzy, Final, Bill,Free, Gardie, Valley, Gilly ,Lost and all here thinking of you and hoping everyone has a withdrawal free day.Love to you all.X

Hey twin!

You'd think I'd know wouldn't you? Seeing we are the oddest twins on the planet with two birthdays, one in March and November, you'd think I'd know🤔..ahhh benzo brain we'll blame it on that! ;)

I trust you're going to give up the date so I can send the boat loaded with your Jimmy choo!?  ;)

Grandkid is coughing but went to school today, yay!

Glad sis is coming home but worried a little about you having to take care of her.. Only bc I know you'll put yourself on the back burner. Don't want you getting yourself sick again twinny ???

Love you much!

LST♥️♥️.. 🎂 date please!  ;D

Dragonfly please call your former prescriber to see if he'll take you back to help you with a slow taper once you've stabilized. In the meantime, please post on the withdrawal boards if anyone can recommend benzo wise doctors in your area. I'm so sorry you're going through this. The "all xanax" option is better than tapering with your one month dose which would be more a cold turkey than a taper.

Omg thanls TT,

That is one sx thats really scary. I sm so.glad it went away for you. I cant wsit  till it is gone. Ugh. Hope you day is going well. I just ran some errands stretched and a little walk it is freezing!! The regular typical day. Ly dd  :smitten:

Omg thanls TT,

That is one sx thats really scary. I sm so.glad it went away for you. I cant wsit  till it is gone. Ugh. Hope you day is going well. I just ran some errands stretched and a little walk it is freezing!! The regular typical day. Ly dd  :smitten:

Hey Suzy,

I how it goes away for you soon! It's very scary uhggg 🤦

It's soooooooo cold here! Brrrrrr.. 🥶 I don't know how you walked in this. You're a brave woman. It was 15 degrees here last night and only got b to 31 today with a wind chill 🥶🥶🥶

Hey do you go to the big E in September? I go every year. My nephew lives in West Springfield Mass. He and his wife would go every night for dinner while it was going on. I love it! I go every year.

TT ❤️

[40...]