The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Well folks just a quick message to let you all know l am thinking of you and willing you on.Will be back next week sometime.Try to enjoy your Sunday.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Well folks just a quick message to let you all know l am thinking of you and willing you on.Will be back next week sometime.Try to enjoy your Sunday.

Love and hugs Stut X

Oh you'll be missed here twin. I hope you enjoy your time with your daughter. I posted back to you yesterday but you must have missed it or you don't have the time to read. Understandable! Go have a great few days, you deserve enjoyment! Just know I love ya much! 😘

LST♥️

Mary, I hope your are ok girl 🙏🤞.. Thinking of you.♥️

Bill, I hope you're feeling better, thinking of you as well. 🙏

English, you've not been around hope you are doing well. 🙏🤞♥️

Free I hope you're doing ok you sweet soul. ♥️

Intend, DD,FH,gp, horsewhisperer, lookinup, and oh I know I'm missing others but my brain is so forgetful. I'm sorry if I missed your name but know I care about all here. I wish all of you a healing, peaceful day.

Love to all,

Trish ♥️

Intend,  VNM, DD, FH, GP, lookinup, horsewhisperer

Thanks tt and stut!

Have a wonderful and stress free day!! Ly both dd

Also sending out healing thoughts to everyone. Just woje up forgive me for being si brief.  :smitten:

Oh twinny if you read..I have a sneaky suspicion that your b day is this month.. Now I could be wrong but if I'm right you will not be getting away from a birthday bash here at the LHSG 😉 I know turning 25 can be rough but you'll get through it 😂😂 anyway I'm sure someone on here will find out if I'm right.

Ok off to another very full day !

Love to all,

TT♥️

Thank you Valley Um and OliveKitty, for your wise advice. I'm definitely going to take it easy on the taper and be in control of it myself. I saw documentary with Lisa Ling where a young lady talked about the gradual liquid taper. If the dry taper does not work for me, specially with having the anxiety disorders (PTSD,OCD and General) and Epilepsy to deal with, the liquid may be a good route to take. Am learning so much from my experienced Buddies. Will keep forum utd and call for help, as I need it. Which I'm sure I will. Thanks again!!

Horse whisperer welcome to the group. Go up to "profile" "forum profile / modify settings". Then write a signature with your med benzo history. This will help people help you. Look at our signatures to see how it's done. I hope this group helps you as much as it helped me. You've come to a good place.

Hi mmmm,

I hope you are ok. Im worried. I know you will be ok in time. Check in if you can. If you cant i unferstand. Tjih is going to pass. I so mad you are in pain. I wish i had a mahic wand. Love you ufo mary❤❤❤

Horse whisperer, welcome to the group.  I am new to this group too.  The folks in this group are so full of love and very helpful in our taper holds.  We all share what we’re all going through and for me gives me a sense of not feeling so alone when I’m having a tough time with life going through a Benzo withdrawal.  I hope you stay. 

Last couple days I’ve been feeling emotional sxs.  Feeling a sense of depression, impatience, hopeless and some physical sxs I deal with every day like tinnitus, cog fog.  I didn’t get much sleep last night cause my mom woke me up at 3:30 am saying the cat was throwing up (my mother sleeps on the couch) and I thought something was wrong with her (my mom).  She is 89 and losing her mind (literally).  I was so mad at her for freaking out.  Then I went back to bed was woken up at 6 am, take my dose and then laid back down until 8:30.  I’m a mess.  And I completely gave up coffee a few days ago as it causes excitatory effects which are not good for my brain.  More cortisol / glutamate effects.  Also have not had sugar in many days. 

I was reading in one of my meditation books about (and it was so perfect) living in the moment.  The first line was “I can only deal with one day at a time.  This allows me to be more realistic about what I can do about my situation.  It gets rid of the constant urgency”. 

I so needed to hear that as impatience and urgency to be off of and healed from this shit is one of my biggest sxs. No problem lasts forever I know that.  And neither will this.  I’m halfway to the finish point of my taper and it will last as long as it lasts. 

Another thing I realized is I have to stay off Facebook.  It is very triggering.  The portrayals of people looking so happy and together when I feel like I’m a broken mess inside.  Ugh!  I think it’s time for a gratitude list.  Even if I can only come up with 3 things to be grateful for. 

I hope you’re all doing ok today on this Sunday.  Sorry I can’t keep up with each person individually but I do read all your posts.  Have a beautiful day my fellow LHSG peeps. 

Love ❤️

~meems

Horse whisperer, welcome to the group.  I am new to this group too.  The folks in this group are so full of love and very helpful in our taper holds.  We all share what we’re all going through and for me gives me a sense of not feeling so alone when I’m having a tough time with life going through a Benzo withdrawal.  I hope you stay. 

Last couple days I’ve been feeling emotional sxs.  Feeling a sense of depression, impatience, hopeless and some physical sxs I deal with every day like tinnitus, cog fog.  I didn’t get much sleep last night cause my mom woke me up at 3:30 am saying the cat was throwing up (my mother sleeps on the couch) and I thought something was wrong with her (my mom).  She is 89 and losing her mind (literally).  I was so mad at her for freaking out.  Then I went back to bed was woken up at 6 am, take my dose and then laid back down until 8:30.  I’m a mess.  And I completely gave up coffee a few days ago as it causes excitatory effects which are not good for my brain.  More cortisol / glutamate effects.  Also have not had sugar in many days. 

I was reading in one of my meditation books about (and it was so perfect) living in the moment.  The first line was “I can only deal with one day at a time.  This allows me to be more realistic about what I can do about my situation.  It gets rid of the constant urgency”. 

I so needed to hear that as impatience and urgency to be off of and healed from this shit is one of my biggest sxs. No problem lasts forever I know that.  And neither will this.  I’m halfway to the finish point of my taper and it will last as long as it lasts. 

Another thing I realized is I have to stay off Facebook.  It is very triggering.  The portrayals of people looking so happy and together when I feel like I’m a broken mess inside.  Ugh!  I think it’s time for a gratitude list.  Even if I can only come up with 3 things to be grateful for. 

I hope you’re all doing ok today on this Sunday.  Sorry I can’t keep up with each person individually but I do read all your posts.  Have a beautiful day my fellow LHSG peeps. 

Love ❤️

~meems

Meems--Facebook is so hard to deal with. I feel the same. But keep in mind what you are seeing is not people's real lives. My sister's lives look great on Facebook and they are a mess in real life. It isn't real.

And just waking up is one thing to be grateful for each and every day.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am still in my indefinite hold. Nice to see so many still posting here (although it sucks that we are still all here!).

Aww meems

I am worry you are feeling this way. I feel that way too. I realky dont like going on fb either.  Same thing  it looks like other ppl are living normal lives and we are going thru hell. Just try to stay away from things that trigger you. I just have to keep telling myself I will heal and you will  to. Ly dd

Checking in LHSG,

I love this SG, though it's hard to keep up - worth every minute. I'm yet too cog-fog to keep the details in order... Stut's remark on 'forgiveness' hit bulls-eye... hardest for me is forgiving my-Self; can't learn if I don't work daily toward it. Maybe I should try Meems grocery  ;) list

WELCOME Horsewhisperer, I'm new here too. Hope things are better 

This is oddly familiar...  I have to MAKE myself get on fb.

Another thing I realized is I have to stay off Facebook.  It is very triggering.  The portrayals of people looking so happy and together when I feel like I’m a broken mess inside....

Past few years I just DREAD it. Too ... surreal. Twilight Zone: "picture if you will", cue theme ... like being locked -Alone - in a Cheap Greeting Card store, after hours. But the "Cards", with cheesy cliche's, picture of people I know. In Life.  ??? When they invented facebook it I thought it was "cute" For cartoons and jokes. It's not funny now; it's a harrowing parody. Disturbing, profoundly.

But! I "endure" every few days - some people I CARE about, their voicemail is broken. I can't send them text from my keyboard (PC). Few check email, so ... people I care for matter more than my "ugggH". It only takes 10 minutes max to paste "Miss you, please fix your voicemail" where needed.

Today's one of the few, rare pretty days this time of year - I hope to get some brush & downed limbs burned before the cold dark.

Be WELL and WARM all  :smitten:

LC

Hello everyone

The last couple weeks my symptoms have been getting worse, and I blame it on the flu.  The week of Halloween I was pretty sick feeling with flu symptoms. Then this past week I started recovering, but my WD symptoms were getting worse, and I was still not 100% well either.  Finally, fFriday and Saturday I got hit pretty bad with stomach pain and other painful WD symptoms.  I have had to updose slightly back to where I was 3weeks ago.  Now a couple days later I’m much better.  I plan to stabilize a couple days and start back down, but man that was nasty.  I’m just so sensitive while I’m dependent on these awful drugs.

Ok I’m done whining.  I hope I can stay well now for awhile and not be set back again, the last couple days I’ve felt much better.  I did learn that a slight updose can make a difference quickly on these faster acting  benzos.  I hope that you all are spared having the flu during this hell we are going through.

Take care everyone, we will make it!

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Twiny benzo brain my ass 😜.How the hell did you remember that?No l am still 21 honey l have just had a very hard life 😵. Listen to me my lovely you are giving me too much credit you are the one who is doing this taper l am just there to hold your hand.Yes l will keep you grounded but that is it.Yiu keep on being you and know you can face anything this crap can throw at you.l have never doubted you for a moment.Now pull those big girl pants up,chin up, shoulders down and enjoy your day my lovely.love you my lST X 😘

Morning Bill sadly yes the virus plus withdrawal is a double whammy.l am glad you are starting to feel better.Just give it a little longer sadly it takes a lot longer to recover when in withdrawal.Slow and steady my love.love to you.X

Morning Lost Facebook is absolute crap l never go on it not because l am jealous just because l find it boring.l know everyone on my page and as much as they post regularly their lives are as crappy and boring as my own.As for forgiving yourself keep working on it honey l am my worst critic however l do kinda like myself now which is a miracle took a long time but l have got there in the end.Have a good day.love to you.X

Morning Meems l am so sorry you are carrying such a burden.l know how hard it is to be a carer when you are going through withdrawal.Has your mum Alzheimer's?l really hope you are perhaps looking into extra support?l know you are suffering honey however you will start to feel better the longer you hold.love to you.X

Morning Janice how are you my lovely?l hope you are feeling a little better?l know how frustrating holding can be.l am hopeful you will stabilise soon my love.love you.X

Morning Final are you still holding your own honey? Thinking of you.Let us know how you are.love to you.X

Morning Suzy l saw your post on the withdrawal forum.Not a pleasant symptom however try to calm yourself down pet.Don't feed into the panic.Honestly it will pass.These symptoms come and go just calm yourself and try not to add anymore fear.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary thinking of you sweetheart.l know you are in hell but this will pass.Hold on hen and post when you can.love you my lady Mary Hen.X

Morning Olive all staying the same with you?l have everything crossed for you honey l think this will be your last taper.love to you.X

Morning NJ always good to see you here how is your son?l hope you see this l really would like an update please.love to you X

Morning GP how are you honey?ls the hold helping any?let us know.l really hope the physio helps.Stay away from creepy neighbours if you can 😠. love you X

Well folks Sis may be home today so will be back later in the week.Thinking of you all.

Love and hugs Stut X

Hi Stut,

I I hope sis gets to come home today. Fingers crossed! Hope your sx are easing up. I agree I haye facenook. I only have an account to see my niece. I dont have friends and I am incognito.  I had it before and it felt like a chore. I dont knoe ehat that sx is i gave. Lasr night was yhe worst. I woking up i thought an i having a seizure. Being electrocuted. Ugh. Thats when you realize how messed up you are. It will pass. I.hope. love you Suzy

Hi Bill,ven imagine that in wd.

I am sorry you got the flu, how awful. I sm glad it is easy up for you. I cant even imagine that is wd. You poor thing. Take it slow and let yourself heal. Plenty of fluids and rest. You know that anyway. Good to hear from you. We can do this!! Ly dd

Morning Twiny benzo brain my ass 😜.How the hell did you remember that?No l am still 21 honey l have just had a very hard life 😵. Listen to me my lovely you are giving me too much credit you are the one who is doing this taper l am just there to hold your hand.Yes l will keep you grounded but that is it.Yiu keep on being you and know you can face anything this crap can throw at you.l have never doubted you for a moment.Now pull those big girl pants up,chin up, shoulders down and enjoy your day my lovely.love you my lST X 😘

Morning Bill sadly yes the virus plus withdrawal is a double whammy.l am glad you are starting to feel better.Just give it a little longer sadly it takes a lot longer to recover when in withdrawal.Slow and steady my love.love to you.X

Morning Lost Facebook is absolute crap l never go on it not because l am jealous just because l find it boring.l know everyone on my page and as much as they post regularly their lives are as crappy and boring as my own.As for forgiving yourself keep working on it honey l am my worst critic however l do kinda like myself now which is a miracle took a long time but l have got there in the end.Have a good day.love to you.X

Morning Meems l am so sorry you are carrying such a burden.l know how hard it is to be a carer when you are going through withdrawal.Has your mum Alzheimer's?l really hope you are perhaps looking into extra support?l know you are suffering honey however you will start to feel better the longer you hold.love to you.X

Morning Janice how are you my lovely?l hope you are feeling a little better?l know how frustrating holding can be.l am hopeful you will stabilise soon my love.love you.X

Morning Final are you still holding your own honey? Thinking of you.Let us know how you are.love to you.X

Morning Suzy l saw your post on the withdrawal forum.Not a pleasant symptom however try to calm yourself down pet.Don't feed into the panic.Honestly it will pass.These symptoms come and go just calm yourself and try not to add anymore fear.love you.X

Morning Lady Mary thinking of you sweetheart.l know you are in hell but this will pass.Hold on hen and post when you can.love you my lady Mary Hen.X

Morning Olive all staying the same with you?l have everything crossed for you honey l think this will be your last taper.love to you.X

Morning NJ always good to see you here how is your son?l hope you see this l really would like an update please.love to you X

Morning GP how are you honey?ls the hold helping any?let us know.l really hope the physio helps.Stay away from creepy neighbours if you can 😠. love you X

Well folks Sis may be home today so will be back later in the week.Thinking of you all.

Love and hugs Stut X

Stut, thanks for including me in your morning greeting. Hope all is well with your sister.

My son is more stable than this time last year but definitely far from 100 percent. His low weight continues to be an issue--he has stopped eating breakfast again as he doesn't feel well in the morning, and has a bad cold he can't shake as he is on two immune-suppressing drugs. It still feels a bit overwhelming. I realize that while I am managing I just never feel good. My stomach is always a mess, sleep is hit or miss, would just like to feel better. It is what it is, just hard to never feel well, and we all know what that feels like.

Hi Stut,

Thank you for checking in amid all you are going through. I hope your sister is on her way home and is feeling better. 

I'm am alright.  I have gotten below 0.5mgs, which was important to me because I want to see if some of the medication side effects will start to lift as I get lower .  I know I will still have to deal with wirhdrawal but I'm going slowly and so far, things are tolerable.  If I can keep it tolerable, I will keep doing my small cuts and holding.  If I run into a wave, I will hold longer. 

I know FB has been mentioned.  I used to have an active professional page but now I dont post anything.  I never liked it and knew so many people who had huge problems in their life and yet posted another reality.  Its actually like scripted reality television.  I do get that for folks who are isolated and away from their friends and families, that it can be a way to stay connected.

But a lot of it is s the promoting of happy, unrealistic images.  And there has been articles written on FB depression, which is what happens when people feel they are not living the same happiness lives as others.  Since I already have envy for people not in benzo withdrawal, I stay away from FB.  So there is my rant for the day!

Love and hugs Stut X

Hey twin! Don't sell yourself short now. You've helped me tremendously. If not for your encouragement and support  I'd be clinging to my xanax and afraid to make a reduction. You do a lot for us all twinny. ♥️

I do have benzo brain it's just selective about what it remembers 😉.. now I remember your birthday month but not the date so if you don't tell me I'm just going to pick a day this month and shout it from the roof tops here on BB 😁 so give up the date sister! 😂😂

Love you tiny Irish woman ♥️♥️

Hello everyone

The last couple weeks my symptoms have been getting worse, and I blame it on the flu.  The week of Halloween I was pretty sick feeling with flu symptoms. Then this past week I started recovering, but my WD symptoms were getting worse, and I was still not 100% well either.  Finally, fFriday and Saturday I got hit pretty bad with stomach pain and other painful WD symptoms.  I have had to updose slightly back to where I was 3weeks ago.  Now a couple days later I’m much better.  I plan to stabilize a couple days and start back down, but man that was nasty.  I’m just so sensitive while I’m dependent on these awful drugs.

Ok I’m done whining.  I hope I can stay well now for awhile and not be set back again, the last couple days I’ve felt much better.  I did learn that a slight updose can make a difference quickly on these faster acting  benzos.  I hope that you all are spared having the flu during this hell we are going through.

Take care everyone, we will make it!

Hi Bill,

I'm so glad you posted but I'm so sorry you went through so much.. that must have been an awful couple of weeks 😞

I'm happy to hear though that you are pulling out of it. Please keep us all posted on how are you doing.

Be well,

Trish 🙂

[3c...]